The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Old Yesterday, 08:27 AM   #26
Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Default Re: A Superman Cinematic Universe?...

The only way I see a Superman cinematic universe being interesting is if they embraced the sci-fi craziness that's always existed within the mythology.

Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:33 AM   #27
Milk Tray Guy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
I think focus on making a good superman flick first and worry about a shared universe later if at all. Honestly the only spin off I can see working is supergirl and there's a tv show for her already.

Oh and Krypto! The wonder pupper!
I vote Krypto as the new 'face of the DCEU'!

"You won't kill me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness. And I won't kill you, because you're just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever." Joker - The Dark Knight
Milk Tray Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:16 PM   #28
hopeless
Side-Kick

1) Supergirl was actually aboard that scouts ship is suspended animation undiscovered by Kal-El when Zod assumed control, the Jor-El AI ejected Supergirl's pod where she eventually awakens but has no idea it's centuries after her ship crash landed here and Krypton is gone.

2) Steel witnesses the Doomsday fight and is buried during it, eventually found and freed he learns about Superman's death cue his origin.

3) Martian Manhunter knows about Waller escapes during the events of the Suicide Squad eventually learns about the Justice League and eventually introduces himself to get protection from Waller and other enemies?

Does that sound about right to you?

hopeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:45 PM   #29
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochimus View Post
This, pretty much.

I don't know that I'd be in a big hurry to throw another space threat at him, though; granted, I'll always be one of the first to say that Brainiac doesn't need to be a 'down the road' villain as much as he needs to be a 'right f***ing now' villain, but at this rate I don't think it necessarily hurt to lean closer to home.

For that matter, now that WB's finally (I hope) got that Death of Superman crap that's been stuffed in their pipes since the '90s out of their system, show the effect that dying and coming back has had on him...not an experience I'd think he'd want to repeat, let alone pass on to others. Show Clark having realized that life's too precious for him to give in to gloom and mark that as the beginning of his solemn vow never to take another life again.
I think most, if not all of that, will be accomplished in the Justice League movie. Then in MoS 2 have that wiser Superman do what you suggest below.

Quote:
And then put something up against him that puts that vow to the test right out of the gate. Like, say, a rival superhuman with no compunction against using lethal force against evildoers without a second's thought or hesitation. Or, say, two such superhumans. Or three. Obviously I'm hinting at The Elite here, but I would also have no problem with substituting them with creations of a government-sponsored project...particularly if it happens to be spearheaded by Lois's dad with some assistance from an incarcerated Luthor. Translation: the Superman Revenge Squad circa "Last Son" - Metallo, Bizarro and Parasite. Hell, the way things are going Superman's Rogues Gallery isn't likely to see much justice in the live-action films anyway, so they may as well do these three all in one go.
This sounds like a good place to introduce Supergirl, Steel, and Martian Manhunter because from the sound of it, Superman is going to need all the help he can get.
Mostly I think after that MoS2 should just be about Superman being Superman and meeting other characters like Supergirl, Steel, Martian Manhunter and depending
on how they are received, being spun off into their own movies.

Osiris-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:41 PM   #30
MydnightPhoenix
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Scout View Post
The only way I see a Superman cinematic universe being interesting is if they embraced the sci-fi craziness that's always existed within the mythology.
Well I've heard MoS praised for embracing the sci fi of Superman, but how crazy does it get? I know I don't want that darn dog, but I'll accept the shrunken city.

Lois Lane
Jessica Chastain, Natalie Dormer, Scarlett Johansson

MydnightPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:16 PM   #31
Jochimus
Autobot Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
This sounds like a good place to introduce Supergirl, Steel, and Martian Manhunter because from the sound of it, Superman is going to need all the help he can get.
I figure Steel wouldn't be too much of a stretch to include, given his involvement with Lane and Metallo when he first appeared in The New 52. I'm in no big hurry to see Supergirl or J'onn showing up when they're already on TV, but I figure if Bizarro were around - since they've already established being able to clone Kryptonian DNA in BvS - bringing in Conner as the result of another attempt on that front wouldn't necessarily be out of bounds either.

Personally, I'd be inclined to hold off on Kara until Brainiac shows up.

Last edited by Jochimus; Yesterday at 02:22 PM.
Jochimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:34 PM   #32
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

More Superman characters in the movies the better for me.

1)Logan-9.5(2)Wonder Woman-9(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(4)John Wick 2-8(5)Split-8(6)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(7)Alien Covenant-7(8)Ghost In The Shell-7(9)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:52 AM   #33
Silvermoth
Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk Tray Guy View Post
I vote Krypto as the new 'face of the DCEU'!
Love that idea!

Old Today, 04:02 AM   #34
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
More Superman characters in the movies the better for me.
Same here, there's a big misconception that Supergirl is just a female version of Superman and that Superboy (Connor Kent) is just a junior version of Superman. There're not at all, they have very different personalities and deal with different situations.

Although given where the comics are I reckon we'd be more likely to get the Jon Kent Superboy.

#TEAM SNYDER
BH/HHH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:06 AM   #35
Rorschach2012
Number One Guy

I say Conner or no Superboy at all

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:18 AM   #36
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
I say Conner or no Superboy at all
I'm not opposed to the Jon Kent version especially as we've seen Clark Kent and Lois Lane as a couple in this universe. But I would prefer Conner all day everyday.

I wouldn't be opposed to Clark Kent as Superboy (or just young Superman) in a Legion of Superheroes movie either.

#TEAM SNYDER
BH/HHH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:10 AM   #37
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Same here, there's a big misconception that Supergirl is just a female version of Superman and that Superboy (Connor Kent) is just a junior version of Superman. There're not at all, they have very different personalities and deal with different situations.

Although given where the comics are I reckon we'd be more likely to get the Jon Kent Superboy.
Exactly, and personally would prefer the Connor Kent version of Superboy.

1)Logan-9.5(2)Wonder Woman-9(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(4)John Wick 2-8(5)Split-8(6)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(7)Alien Covenant-7(8)Ghost In The Shell-7(9)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote