The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Flash

Old 10-18-2017, 02:07 PM   #301
Verick808
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro13Zombie View Post
Yeah iris coming up with the solution to Barry's hacked suit was a bit ridiculous.
Of all the people in the room
Including the creator of the suit.
Iris had the solution.
Tech Guy: That could make your suit self destruct!
Doctor: It could stop your heart!
GF Who Probably Majored In Liberal Arts: Trust me.

Personally, I know who I would listen to. More importantly if I were the leader I would have ordered Cisco to open a portal so Barry could walk through it. Then he would have been out of Kilgore's range. Actually I would have pointed out not to bring a high tech suit to a fight with a guy who can hack electronics with his mind but I'll let that one and not just punching Kilgore in the face go because it falls under acceptable amd traditional levels of PIS. Throwing a lightning bolt at yourself doesn't. It is also wierd to me that Iris is showing up at the CCPD and Iron Heights. I'm assuming her role is supposed to be a secret

I did actually like most of the episode though. Cisco has been great. Valdes has grown a lot since the first season. It looks like this season is going to do more with the character than just sit in the lab so that should be good. Poor Wally though. Hopefully he has more to fo this season than get owned by villains... and Barry.

Suicide Squad 4.5
Verick808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 02:12 PM   #302
Verick808
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Some of you guys really hate Iris.
Not an Iris hater and I have the comment history to prove it. I just think having her in a leadership role is stupid and they are making other characters stupider to justify it. I actually blame Iris haters for this. They kept claiming they hate Iris because she had nothing to bring to the team so the show had to manufacture something. It's okay for Barry's personal life to be separate from team Flash. It's okay if his family doesn't help him save the day.

Suicide Squad 4.5
Verick808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:17 PM   #303
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

FLASH Facts: Kilg%re

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 05:25 PM   #304
igoogol
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verick808 View Post
I actually blame Iris haters for this. They kept claiming they hate Iris because she had nothing to bring to the team so the show had to manufacture something.
Agree with everything except this. She was fine in S1, she had a life that didn't revolve around being with Barry and team flash all the time. But her fans didn't like that, they're the ones clamoring for more Iris. And that's exactly what the show did. Unfortunately, Iris is a limited role and stretching it out only further exposes the character's limitations, just look at everything since S2B. She should be a recurring character at best.

igoogol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 05:33 PM   #305
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Yeah I think I'm going to call it quits for now regarding the show. I just saw clips of tonight's episode and it was just horrible on the Iris front. They've truly emasculated Barry in order to make Iris look like the real hero of this show and I ain't going to put up with that.

Such a shame. I had really been hopeful that this show would get its groove back but they've pretty much hit the final nail in the coffin by making Barry into Iris's lessor half.
So how is anything Iris is doing any different from what Cisco and everyone else has done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro13Zombie View Post
Yeah iris coming up with the solution to Barry's hacked suit was a bit ridiculous.
Of all the people in the room
Including the creator of the suit.
Iris had the solution.
She isn't dumb and how does Cisco building the suit automatically mean he knows every solution to the suit? The suit hasnt been built that long and everyone was very in character, Cisco is really the only tech character in the scene.

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 10-18-2017 at 05:37 PM.
Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:45 PM   #306
The Apocalypse
Side-Kick

Wally needs to go on Legends ASAP. He's so useless on the show.

The Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:06 PM   #307
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apocalypse View Post
Would it be better for him to be useless on Legends instead? Because being a high end superhero, that's pretty much what he'd be, between the budgetary nerfing and the just general incompetence of everyone on the show.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:33 PM   #308
The Apocalypse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Would it be better for him to be useless on Legends instead? Because being a high end superhero, that's pretty much what he'd be, between the budgetary nerfing and the just general incompetence of everyone on the show.
Yes. I wouldn't have to see him on Flash then.

The Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:22 PM   #309
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
So how is anything Iris is doing any different from what Cisco and everyone else has done?

She isn't dumb and how does Cisco building the suit automatically mean he knows every solution to the suit? The suit hasnt been built that long and everyone was very in character, Cisco is really the only tech character in the scene.
Cisco and mainly everyone else (with the exception of H.R.) have been established as a experts in their respective fields. Barry, who is supposed to be very smart on his own, would actually ask Cisco and company questions for things that most people with average or even highly intelligent people would have difficulty in answering.

Iris may not be dumb but she is definitely not an expert in anything that has to do with science, biology, or mechanics.

And the fact that Barry had to be written into a situation where only Iris could help him figure out a solution for a tech-based problem after the rest of Team Flash have helped Barry overcome bigger problems in the last 3 plus years is just silly.

Things like Iris updating Barry over things like a roadway being under construction while he was still in the speed force makes sense. But other things, not so much.

And I hate on how they always have to give Iris some forced angst/issue which always results in the other characters apologizing to her when they were innocent.

1 Corinthians 10:13
herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:24 PM   #310
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apocalypse View Post
Problem is that Wally is too strong to be on Legends and would make most of them ineffective (more so than they already are at times).

It's very difficult having to write scenarios that would require two speedsters without taking a chunk from the production budget and where you don't nerf one character to save up on money.

1 Corinthians 10:13
herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:53 PM   #311
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?

I always felt like they brought Wally in too soon, and this show has always had a problem with too many speedsters. They act like it's the most common superpower in all the multiverse.

Old 10-19-2017, 01:08 AM   #312
spiderman2
Side-Kick

So after the first 2 episodes what do you guys think are the odds that this year can be better then season 1? Or at least 2? Or at least 3?

1.Dark knight rises 2.Spider man 2 3.Batman begins 4.Dark knight 5.Cap Civil war 6.Logan 7.Spider-Man homecoming 8.Cap winter soilder 9.Amazing Spider-Man 2 10.Doctor strange 11.Xmen DOFP.12.Xmen FC. 13.Spiderman 14.WW 15. Avengers AOU 16. Avengers 17.Amazing Spider-Man 18.Iron man 3 19.Man of steel 20.Spider-Man 3

Need to rewatch about 5 to have a final list.
spiderman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:13 AM   #313
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:
She is terrible way way worse then lana ever was on smallville.

1.Dark knight rises 2.Spider man 2 3.Batman begins 4.Dark knight 5.Cap Civil war 6.Logan 7.Spider-Man homecoming 8.Cap winter soilder 9.Amazing Spider-Man 2 10.Doctor strange 11.Xmen DOFP.12.Xmen FC. 13.Spiderman 14.WW 15. Avengers AOU 16. Avengers 17.Amazing Spider-Man 18.Iron man 3 19.Man of steel 20.Spider-Man 3

Old 10-19-2017, 01:20 AM   #314
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman2 View Post
Whoa...whoa...whoa...idk about that... Don't get me wrong...Lana had 10 years to suck, and yes, Iris is on track to probably be worse, but I think it's still too early to say she trumps Lana.

Old 10-19-2017, 01:34 AM   #315
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarsingerguy View Post
Whoa...whoa...whoa...idk about that... Don't get me wrong...Lana had 10 years to suck, and yes, Iris is on track to probably be worse, but I think it's still too early to say she trumps Lana.
For the most part I never had a problem with lana where on the other hand Iris has always been bad and really has just like gotten worse from day 1. I hated hated lana getting with lex but that wasn't in till season 5/6 and before that I had just about zero issues with her.

Old 10-19-2017, 02:03 AM   #316
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?

Quote:
For the most part I never had a problem with lana where on the other hand Iris has always been bad and really has just like gotten worse from day 1. I hated hated lana getting with lex but that wasn't in till season 5/6 and before that I had just about zero issues with her.
It's been so long that I don't remember specific seasons, but her complaining about Clark not letting her in used to get on my nerves. I get that someone would act like that, but if it's obvious that you're gonna be held at arm's length, it's your fault for sticking around. The witch season got on my nerves, and the fact that she always wound up with some piece of **** dude with ulterior motives was trying to say the least. You'd think she'd start to see a pattern. And yeah...her and Lex never made sense to me.

Old 10-19-2017, 04:49 AM   #317
mqg96
Side-Kick

Quote:
and we're on season 4 of the Flash, so we still need a few more seasons to finally judge.

mqg96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 11:10 AM   #318
igoogol
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqg96 View Post
and we're on season 4 of the Flash, so we still need a few more seasons to finally judge.
A stinky fish doesn't get better with time.

igoogol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:30 PM   #319
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Cisco and mainly everyone else (with the exception of H.R.) have been established as a experts in their respective fields. Barry, who is supposed to be very smart on his own, would actually ask Cisco and company questions for things that most people with average or even highly intelligent people would have difficulty in answering.

Iris may not be dumb but she is definitely not an expert in anything that has to do with science, biology, or mechanics.

And the fact that Barry had to be written into a situation where only Iris could help him figure out a solution for a tech-based problem after the rest of Team Flash have helped Barry overcome bigger problems in the last 3 plus years is just silly.

Things like Iris updating Barry over things like a roadway being under construction while he was still in the speed force makes sense. But other things, not so much.

And I hate on how they always have to give Iris some forced angst/issue which always results in the other characters apologizing to her when they were innocent.
Barry, who is supposed to be very smart has made VERY stupid decisions since S1. And Iris didn't do anything earth shattering, Barry was about to explode because of a very stupid decision by Cisco (who is so smart that he didn't think of this situation) so Iris, knowing what Barry can do and knows basic things like shorting out technology has him throw a lightning bolt at himself? GROUNDBREAKING. It's totally in her realm of common sense to think of it.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 07:18 PM   #320
KillerMcQueen
Mere Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Barry, who is supposed to be very smart has made VERY stupid decisions since S1. And Iris didn't do anything earth shattering, Barry was about to explode because of a very stupid decision by Cisco (who is so smart that he didn't think of this situation) so Iris, knowing what Barry can do and knows basic things like shorting out technology has him throw a lightning bolt at himself? GROUNDBREAKING. It's totally in her realm of common sense to think of it.
And Barry's survived getting hit by his own lightning throw before when he fought Zoom. So it's understandable that she'd conclude he has a good chance of surviving it.

KillerMcQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:09 AM   #321
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by igoogol View Post
A stinky fish doesn't get better with time.
I think some Asian cultures would disagree.

Old Today, 02:05 PM   #322
Avenging Angel
I'm Fire! Life incarnate!

Quote:
She has no redeeming qualities, it's easy to.

Avenging Angel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:07 PM   #323
Avenging Angel
I'm Fire! Life incarnate!

Quote:
Her little fanbase makes it worse, just as bad as Olicity and Felicity stans.

Avenging Angel is online now   Reply With Quote