The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Gifted

Old 10-17-2017, 04:58 PM   #451
Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: The Gifted General Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weather Witch View Post
Absolutely. This is a much better approach than taking a lot of high profile characters and ruining them because of the script and budget limitations. Plus, people can complain about Eclipse being a made for TV character, but he absolutely shines in this show.
Yes he's been very good so far.

Old 10-17-2017, 05:56 PM   #452
Weather Witch
Side-Kick

Natalie Alyn Lind hinting at an episode NINE action setpiece for Lauren.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Lind proudly notes that the cast does all of their own stunts on the show. And fans should look out for her two months of parkour training ("The coolest thing," she enthuses) to be put to work in Episode 9.
She's absolutely going to be walking and/or jumping on her shields, Invisible Woman and Gwen Tennyson style. Calling it now. She also gives another Fenris related hint (most likely) with:
As for what's ultimately in store for Lauren at the end of the season, Lind is tightlipped but for one enticing hint."My character is not the person you thought she was," the actor says ominously. Brightening instantly, she adds with a laugh, "So, whatever that means to you."

Last edited by Weather Witch; 10-17-2017 at 06:04 PM.
Weather Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:35 PM   #453
Smilodon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Natalie Alyn Lind hinting at an episode NINE action setpiece for Lauren.
Lind proudly notes that the cast does all of their own stunts on the show. And fans should look out for her two months of parkour training ("The coolest thing," she enthuses) to be put to work in Episode 9.
She's absolutely going to be walking and/or jumping on her shields, Invisible Woman and Gwen Tennyson style. Calling it now. She also gives another Fenris related hint (most likely) with:
As for what's ultimately in store for Lauren at the end of the season, Lind is tightlipped but for one enticing hint."My character is not the person you thought she was," the actor says ominously. Brightening instantly, she adds with a laugh, "So, whatever that means to you."
Wow, good deduction. If she's doing parkour, then her powers are no doubt going to become more dynamic which could mean shaping them and whatnot.

Also, we see Andy and Lauren combine their powers for the first time next week. With Ahab after them, Fenris is coming!!

Smilodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 01:49 AM   #454
eon001
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeekness View Post
X-23 came from the Evolution cartoon and was so good she moved into both the comics and the movies. Eclipse might do the same.
Exactly. Another great point.

Remember Harley Quin and Agent Coulson, were original characters. They didn't even exist in there respective comic book universe's, but they became so popular that there now both canon. I think Arrows Diggle had the same thing happen to his character.

I'll welcome z list characters or even brand new ones. The way the show is going, I'll bet Andy Strucker and Lauren Strucker will become 616 canon at some point.

eon001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 04:14 AM   #455
Weather Witch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilodon View Post
Wow, good deduction. If she's doing parkour, then her powers are no doubt going to become more dynamic which could mean shaping them and whatnot.
Yeah, there's a lot of potential there! I like how they've done growth of power in general. Blink goes from teleporting police car lights, to the back of a truck, to an entire SUV. Polaris using her powers more and more despite her collar etc.

Quote:
Also, we see Andy and Lauren combine their powers for the first time next week. With Ahab after them, Fenris is coming!!
Yes, I absolutely can't wait to see what they do with that!

Old 10-18-2017, 10:07 PM   #456
ludovica
Side-Kick

Quote:
Eclipse absolutely shines in this show.
I had to highlight it. Very bright what you did there.

Black Widow, Wasp, Wanda, Valkyrie, Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau & Black Panther for Avengers 6!
ludovica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:30 PM   #457
Kathemy
It could happen to you

Just had to post and say I follow the show and I think it's pretty enjoyable so far. Definitely like it over Legion.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:55 AM   #458
Weather Witch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludovica View Post
I had to highlight it. Very bright what you did there.
Heh, I couldn't help myself.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:01 AM   #459
eon001
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathemy View Post
Just had to post and say I follow the show and I think it's pretty enjoyable so far. Definitely like it over Legion.
Agreed. And speaking of Legion, I feel this show has the most logical crossover potential with The Gifted. There both on Fox, and the both have a tv budget, so there would not be a huge switch in tone and overall look.

I would love for the end of this season, Dr. Melanie Bird introduces herself to the Mutant underground and offers them a sanctuary in her facility.

eon001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 08:50 AM   #460
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Legion is on FX, and the challenge is that it's difficult to tell just when Legion is set.

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:02 AM   #461
Weather Witch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNickFury View Post
Legion is on FX, and the challenge is that it's difficult to tell just when Legion is set.
Yeah, Legion isn't exactly bound to a specific time, though technically it should be in the 70s or later. "My Husband inherited it in the '40s" as well as "he build this place with Cary 30 years ago." Unlikely to be set in the present that way, if Jean Smart is only 66, but with Legion anything is possible, really. Plus, it's not like being in a different time would stop a crossover.

Old 10-19-2017, 12:09 PM   #462
Smilodon
Side-Kick

Legion is deliberately anachronistic though - the tech and weapons are modern. If we go by Ptonomy's childhood memory, the show could be set in the present as well. Plus Cary knew of the Shadow King, as if someone in their world had previous run-ins with the character.

It'd be funny and awesome for them to crossover - like having a Legion-fied episode of the Gifted and a Gifted-fied episode of Legion. But I don't think the time period would be the biggest issue preventing that.

Smilodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:57 PM   #463
Weather Witch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Legion is deliberately anachronistic though - the tech and weapons are modern.
That is it.

Quote:
If we go by Ptonomy's childhood memory, the show could be set in the present as well. Plus Cary knew of the Shadow King, as if someone in their world had previous run-ins with the character.
Those are fair points actually.

Quote:
It'd be funny and awesome for them to crossover - like having a Legion-fied episode of the Gifted and a Gifted-fied episode of Legion. But I don't think the time period would be the biggest issue preventing that.
True, there are a ton of ways in which they could crossover and I think that would be pretty cool. The shows are in a way polar opposites, but that makes it even more interesting to see what you would get if you were to combine the two.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:31 PM   #464
Avenging Angel
I'm Fire! Life incarnate!

I think it will be the ultimate challenge for Nix to blend Legion's world within this one.

Avenging Angel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:03 PM   #465
topdog1
Hero For Hire

Honestly, I'm loving this show. Best new series in YEARS.

Really great characterization and still has some big gun X-Men to cherish.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:14 PM   #466
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eon001 View Post
Exactly. Another great point.

Remember Harley Quin and Agent Coulson, were original characters. They didn't even exist in there respective comic book universe's, but they became so popular that there now both canon. I think Arrows Diggle had the same thing happen to his character.

I'll welcome z list characters or even brand new ones. The way the show is going, I'll bet Andy Strucker and Lauren Strucker will become 616 canon at some point.
I can see all these kinds of characters eventually making it into a comic someday.

Old Yesterday, 02:13 AM   #467
Silver Lantern
Side-Kick

I have seen every marvel movie and DC, I collect superhero stuff, I'm a big hero nut but I watched 3 episodes and I never stop watching a superhero show, esp xmen type but I find this show to be boring, very predictable, all they do is run and jump through portals over and over again. Rinse, rather, repeat I say. I don't care about any of the characters, even if they all got killed by Sentinels I would smile. The kids are terrible in acting, boring powers and nothing xmen. Hope there isn't a season 2. They used good Sentinels to turn them into robots like we saw on other movies and of course the hard ass agent like most shows, good looking people and too much talking.

Show sucks! I have stopped watching it and recording it which I know is not on this but Ghosted, Inhumans suck too for same reasons and others. Orville is awesome I like that show.

Silver Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:33 AM   #468
Leo Zelinsky
Mutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Lantern View Post
Hope there isn't a season 2.

Show sucks! I have stopped watching it and recording it

"A man has to be what he is. You can't break the mold..... There’s no living with… with a killing. There’s no going back from one. Right or wrong, it’s a brand. A brand sticks. There’s no going back. Now you run on home to your mother, and tell her… tell her everything’s all right. And there aren’t anymore guns in the valley."
Leo Zelinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:51 PM   #469
Weather Witch
Side-Kick

If you personally don't like it, that's totally fine, to each their own. I don't see why you would wish there isn't a season two though. If you don't like it, don't waste your own time on it. There are so many great series out there!

Last edited by Weather Witch; Yesterday at 01:05 PM.
Weather Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:57 PM   #470
Kathemy
It could happen to you

As someone who's a big fan of a show that's received a lot of hate, those comments always make me angry. It's just so damn low and petty to wish for fans to be deprived of their entertainment.

If you don't watch it it's already "cancelled" for you.

Old Today, 08:45 AM   #471
X-Nemesis
Side-Kick

Watching all 3 eps so far, it just feels like we've seen this story all before. I guess that's why I enjoyed Legion so much, and the fact that it didn't seem so predictable.

X-Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:55 AM   #472
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Nemesis View Post
Watching all 3 eps so far, it just feels like we've seen this story all before. I guess that's why I enjoyed Legion so much, and the fact that it didn't seem so predictable.
This is me. I'm hoping it will pick up a little more as it goes along, but yeah, it's a little stale.