The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Old 07-12-2017, 08:23 AM   #51
LittleLann
New User - Level 0

Default Re: A Superman Cinematic Universe?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Good one

I just feel like the ship on Harry Lennix as Martian Manhunter reveal had sailed now. That drone moment in MOS, if they'd made that to a mid credits scene and had Lennix eyes glow red after that would have been awesome. But given how he was in BvS, were he the Manhunter surely he'd have helped in the fight against Doomsday?!
Not necessairly. As a theory/pitch; Calvin has wanted to turn and show his true form as MMH. However, deep down he knows that he can't reveal his identity like Batman can't and shouldn't reveal his.

This is where the pitch comes in; What if in the MOS sequel, he finally turns? Due to Brainiac's impending arrival on Earth. MOS 2 can explore MMH's origin story by implementing Brainiac as the "destroyer" of Mars. He's solely responsible for the "extinction" of all living martians, white and green. J'onn escapes, lands on Earth and takes on the appearance of the first human he met and killed; Calvin Swanwick.

IDK - This is just a throwaway. Hate it or like it that's just an idea I've swirling around in my head.

LittleLann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:28 AM   #52
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLann View Post
Not necessairly. As a theory/pitch; Calvin has wanted to turn and show his true form as MMH. However, deep down he knows that he can't reveal his identity like Batman can't and shouldn't reveal his.

This is where the pitch comes in; What if in the MOS sequel, he finally turns? Due to Brainiac's impending arrival on Earth. MOS 2 can explore MMH's origin story by implementing Brainiac as the "destroyer" of Mars. He's solely responsible for the "extinction" of all living martians, white and green. J'onn escapes, lands on Earth and takes on the appearance of the first human he met and killed; Calvin Swanwick.

IDK - This is just a throwaway. Hate it or like it that's just an idea I've swirling around in my head.
Yeah there's probably ways to make it work but I just think for him not to reveal his true self when the worlds been in jeaopardy twice doesn't really work.

I do feel like it's just something fans want rather than something that has any chance of happening. Although I have to admit Lennix would be great as MMH.

Old 07-12-2017, 02:07 PM   #53
The_Manhunter
DCEU & MCU Fan

Quote:
Good one

I just feel like the ship on Harry Lennix as Martian Manhunter reveal had sailed now. That drone moment in MOS, if they'd made that to a mid credits scene and had Lennix eyes glow red after that would have been awesome. But given how he was in BvS, were he the Manhunter surely he'd have helped in the fight against Doomsday?!
It's a comic book movie, you could always walk around it by saying he had his memory wiped and or something like that

1) Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 2) The Avengers: Age of Ultron 3) Man of Steel 4) Guardians of the Galaxy 5) The Dark Knight 6) Doctor Strange 7) Wonder Woman 8) Captain America: Civil War 9) The Dark Knight Rises 10) The Avengers 11) Thor: The Dark World 12) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 13) Iron Man 14) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 15) X-Men: Days of Future Past 16) Thor 17) Batman Begins 18) Logan 19) Ant-Man 20) Iron Man 2 21) Suicide Squad
The_Manhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 02:10 PM   #54
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Manhunter View Post
It's a comic book movie, you could always walk around it by saying he had his memory wiped and or something like that

Old 07-12-2017, 02:19 PM   #55
The_Manhunter
DCEU & MCU Fan

Quote:
OR in the New 52 there's a storyline where he is a sleeper agent for some evil Martians. They could go with that to explain why he wasn't there. Just spitballing.

Point is there are plenty of ways out if they want to do that, lol

1) Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 2) The Avengers: Age of Ultron 3) Man of Steel 4) Guardians of the Galaxy 5) The Dark Knight 6) Doctor Strange 7) Wonder Woman 8) Captain America: Civil War 9) The Dark Knight Rises 10) The Avengers 11) Thor: The Dark World 12) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 13) Iron Man 14) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 15) X-Men: Days of Future Past 16) Thor 17) Batman Begins 18) Logan 19) Ant-Man 20) Iron Man 2 21) Suicide Squad
The_Manhunter is offline   Reply With Quote