The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2018, 09:34 AM   #1
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 13,069
Default Evidence for a Spyro trilogy remake for Ps4

-This year is Spyro's 20th anniversary

-In the Nsane trilogy, if you type in a code, the same one that you type in the original game in the start menu for 3, the game reacts. In the original game, it activates a Spyro demo

-Activision's "first for figures" Spyro statue is based on his original look from the Playstation trilogy, not the Elijah Wood series, not the Skylander series

-Then there's this image.



official photo from Playstation Netherlands last year. Now a lot of people thought might say it's just nostalgia and doesn't mean anything, but this is similar to how Crash was teased and the Nsane trilogy is real.

What do you think?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:14 PM   #2
Broseph44
Witness Me
 
Broseph44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Long Island/Queens NY
Posts: 18,730
Default Re: Evidence for a Spyro trilogy remake for Ps4

I think we are definitely getting it. I really hope so cause the Crash trilogy remaster is awesome and I always loved Spyro as well.

Broseph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:13 PM   #3
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,807
Default Re: Evidence for a Spyro trilogy remake for Ps4

I would love that. I think the first spyro game I played was spyro: year of the dragon which was so clever and zany and fun. Nothing like the big toy commercial it's devolved to

__________________
Mutant and proud.
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:14 PM   #4
Abudefduf
Custom User Title
 
Abudefduf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,868
Default Re: Evidence for a Spyro trilogy remake for Ps4

Oh man, I hope it's true. I absolutely love the original Spyro trilogy (which I still own). I don't even have a PS4 yet but this remaster would definitely be an incentive to buy one.

Abudefduf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:36 PM   #5
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 13,069
Default Re: Evidence for a Spyro trilogy remake for Ps4

here's the first4figures I spoke of in the OP


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:02 PM   #6
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 13,069
Default Re: Evidence for a Spyro trilogy remake for Ps4

so according to this article, it'll be announced next month, will come out in Q4, and will be a timed exclusive on Ps4 developed by Vicarious Visions (again)

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/02/13/s...-ps4-this-year

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:31 PM   #7
Abudefduf
Custom User Title
 
Abudefduf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,868
Default Re: Evidence for a Spyro trilogy remake for Ps4

Good lord, it's actually happening. I've been dreaming of this for years.

Abudefduf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:12 PM   #8
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 13,069
Default Re: Evidence for a Spyro trilogy remake for Ps4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abudefduf View Post
Good lord, it's actually happening. I've been dreaming of this for years.
don't get excited about it yet. it's still just a rumor

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 04:36 PM   #9
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,807
Default Re: Evidence for a Spyro trilogy remake for Ps4

Sounds pretty official to me. I heard it will be released in the third quarter of this year.

And I for one can't wait. I love classic spyro. I hope these remakes of games like spyro and crash and encouraging the development of the next generation of zany colourful platformers

__________________
Mutant and proud.
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:04 AM   #10
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 13,069
Default Re: Evidence for a Spyro trilogy remake for Ps4

Alright it’s leaked, it’s called the Reignited Trilogy

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:19 AM   #11
Abudefduf
Custom User Title
 
Abudefduf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,868
Default Re: Evidence for a Spyro trilogy remake for Ps4







Oh my God, it's really happening... I'm so happy I could cry, but I won't.

EDIT:







Last edited by Abudefduf; 04-05-2018 at 07:36 AM.
Abudefduf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:07 AM   #12
CB Fan
The Watcher
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In A Place Far Far Away
Posts: 2,711
Default Re: Evidence for a Spyro trilogy remake for Ps4

Oh Damn! A must have.

CB Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 11:17 AM   #13
Broseph44
Witness Me
 
Broseph44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Long Island/Queens NY
Posts: 18,730
Default Re: Evidence for a Spyro trilogy remake for Ps4

Yeah another must have for me just like the Crash trilogy. Two franchises I grew up playing and loving. It looks beautiful!

Broseph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:42 PM   #14
dark_knight08
December 20, 2019
 
dark_knight08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,222
Default Re: Evidence for a Spyro trilogy remake for Ps4

Spyro Reignited Trilogy Reveal Trailer


dark_knight08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:29 PM   #15
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 13,069
Default Re: Evidence for a Spyro trilogy remake for Ps4

i'll definitely get this for sure but it doesn't look like it's being made with as much expertise as the Nsane trilogy

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 02:29 AM   #16
zenith16
Side-Kick
 
zenith16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 34,928
Default Re: Evidence for a Spyro trilogy remake for Ps4

it's coming to the switch too it seems and it's also listed for the X box one . here's the article below


Switch
Spyro Reignited Trilogy listed for Switch on Nintendo UK website
Published 12 hours ago. 44 comments.


Quote:
Switch version also coming.




A listing for a Switch version of Spyro Reignited Trilogy, which was announced earlier today for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, is currently live on the official Nintendo UK website.




Spyro Reignited Trilogy will launch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on September 21. It includes high-definition remasters of Spyro the Dragon, Spyro 2: Ripto’s Rage!, and Spyro: Year of the Dragon.



The Switch version, if one exists, has yet to be announced.



source: Gematsu

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 04:33 AM   #17
Broseph44
Witness Me
 
Broseph44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Long Island/Queens NY
Posts: 18,730
Default Re: Evidence for a Spyro trilogy remake for Ps4

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
i'll definitely get this for sure but it doesn't look like it's being made with as much expertise as the Nsane trilogy
Really?

Broseph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 11:54 AM   #18
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 13,069
Default Re: Evidence for a Spyro trilogy remake for Ps4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
Really?
yeah man, the art style doesn't seem as high tier as the care VV gave to the Nsane trilogy, nor does Spyro's design look as spot on as Crash's.

I think Toys For Bob took more creative liberties in giving their own touch on the remasters while VV focused on being faithful

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 12:19 PM   #19
Abudefduf
Custom User Title
 
Abudefduf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,868
Default Re: Evidence for a Spyro trilogy remake for Ps4

^ Yeah, as excited as I am for this, I have to agree with you. It definitely could've looked better. I disagree about Spyro though, he's the one thing that looks 100% perfect.

Abudefduf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 06:28 PM   #20
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,807
Default Re: Evidence for a Spyro trilogy remake for Ps4

Yay this looks so great! I can’t wait to flame everything! The original trilogy was so much fun and the trailer looked beautiful.

I hope this inspires new open world games for Spyro soon too

__________________
Mutant and proud.
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:43 PM   #21
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 13,069
Default Re: Evidence for a Spyro trilogy remake for Ps4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abudefduf View Post
^ Yeah, as excited as I am for this, I have to agree with you. It definitely could've looked better. I disagree about Spyro though, he's the one thing that looks 100% perfect.
of the big differences I've noticed, Spyro himself is the least deviant I think but the design is still off. You could tell Toys for Bob kinda did their own take.

But I also agree I am still stoked for this and will buy it immediately. Interestingly though this is multiplatform from the getgo, no timed Ps4 exclusivity

I guess Spyro ain't as important to Sony as Crash

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 06:30 AM   #22
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?
 
TheWallCrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 6,565
Default Re: Evidence for a Spyro trilogy remake for Ps4

the visuals are a big turn-off, dunno if I will get this one. Crash looked much better. Like said above, Sony just doesn't care as much about Spyro. But I'm kinda thinking, if you don't put the effort to make it look impressive, then the whole point of this ground up remaster is lost. I would much rather even play the original ones, this looks distractingly bad

TheWallCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:34 AM   #23
CB Fan
The Watcher
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In A Place Far Far Away
Posts: 2,711
Default Re: Evidence for a Spyro trilogy remake for Ps4

Hmm I think it looks damn near perfect.

CB Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 06:39 PM   #24
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,807
Default Re: Evidence for a Spyro trilogy remake for Ps4

Me too but what made the original trilogy great compared to the most recent games are the memorable and wonderful characters. That’s what I’m most looking forward to.

It’s going to make an absolute packet!

__________________
Mutant and proud.
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 12:31 AM   #25
CB Fan
The Watcher
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In A Place Far Far Away
Posts: 2,711
Default Re: Evidence for a Spyro trilogy remake for Ps4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
Me too but what made the original trilogy great compared to the most recent games are the memorable and wonderful characters. That’s what I’m most looking forward to.

It’s going to make an absolute packet!
Yup! Can’t wait to see Hunter, Zoe, Sheila, Bianca and the others.

CB Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.