The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 07:43 AM   #751
moviedoors
Side-Kick

Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
this was Jeff Sessions, a person who said he liked the KKK until he found out they used cannabis.
I hate to also have to defend Jeff Sessions, but that was clearly a joke and liberals needed to quit harping on it.

Old 02-13-2018, 09:15 AM   #752
MessiahDecoy123
Noble Savage

Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviedoors View Post
I hate to also have to defend Jeff Sessions, but that was clearly a joke and liberals needed to quit harping on it.
Yeah he was joking

In reality cannabis would never be a deal breaker.

Also how is that joke funny.

Imagine Obama or RFK saying it. It doesn't make much sense coming from a non-racist person does it?

Also where there's smoke there's fire.

Correta Scott King wrote this about Sessions...

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...arren-silenced

So why the hell are you defending Sessions at all?

Old 02-13-2018, 09:35 AM   #753
moviedoors
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah he was joking

In reality cannabis would never be a deal breaker.

Also how is that joke funny.

Imagine Obama or RFK saying it. It doesn't make much sense coming from a non-racist person does it?
I actually think it does and I can picture it. It’s not a knee slapper, but it’s textbook sarcasm.

I’m defending this joke, because I think it’s a non-issue and a distraction from the other things about him that I actually find troubling, so I’d appreciate it if you’d drop the holier-than-thou attitude.

Old 02-13-2018, 09:46 AM   #754
Sithborg
About time Filoni

The article does mention that Anglo-american is something used in the legal jargon.

That said, you will pardon me if I don't give Beuragard the benefit of the doubt.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:03 AM   #755
MessiahDecoy123
Noble Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviedoors View Post
I actually think it does and I can picture it. It’s not a knee slapper, but it’s textbook sarcasm.

I’m defending this joke, because I think it’s a non-issue and a distraction from the other things about him that I actually find troubling, so I’d appreciate it if you’d drop the holier-than-thou attitude.
Well considering Sessions is evil, I'm not dropping anything but knowledge

Old 02-13-2018, 10:22 AM   #756
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
1) Anglo Saxon has been synonymous with the white race for a while now. How is it relevant that being a sheriff is a white tradition in the racially charged era of Black Lives Matter or any era?

2) The police have been infiltrated by white supremacist and the Trump admin has a history of white nationalist dog whistles and policy. It's pretty obvious this was another dog whistle.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/static....forcement.html

3) Even if there was a gray area after #1 and #2 (there's not) this was Jeff Sessions, a person who said he liked the KKK until he found out they used cannabis. He also has a history of using the N-word.

At this point these are not white nationalist dog whistles. They are bull horns. Please stop pretending alll the dog whistles and white nationalist policy and rhetoric is just a coincidence. We're far beyond that point.

"Anglo-american law" is another term for Common Law.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/common-law

And its not racist to acknowledge that some important good things in our society came from England and from Anglo-American culture and society. It's not even racist to be proud of that.

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Old 02-13-2018, 10:51 AM   #757
MessiahDecoy123
Noble Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post

"Anglo-american law" is another term for Common Law.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/common-law

And its not racist to acknowledge that some important good things in our society came from England and from Anglo-American culture and society. It's not even racist to be proud of that.
Okay sure...

When coming from a cultural anthropologist or a historian who doesn't have a history of racism and isn't speaking to a group that's under heavy scrutiny for racist practices.

But that's not the case.

Session's has a long history of racism and fighting justice reforms so the chances of this being a white nationalist dog whistle and not a random factoid goes up 800%.

How is this debateable?

Old 02-13-2018, 10:59 AM   #758
MessiahDecoy123
Noble Savage

And here's the quote:

“I want to thank every sheriff in America. Since our founding, the independently elected sheriff has been the people’s protector, who keeps law enforcement close to and accountable to people through the elected process,” Sessions said. “The office of sheriff is a critical part of the Anglo-American heritage of law enforcement.”

He's not simply using Anglo American as a synonym for common law.

But we can keep ignoring his past and consistent history of white nationalist dog whistles from the Trump administration and give Sessions a clean slate and benefit of the doubt for some dumb reason.

Old 02-13-2018, 11:49 AM   #759
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Ex-Wife of Accused White House Speechwriter Rips Trump for "Due Process" Comments

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

Old 02-13-2018, 11:52 AM   #760
Aximili86
Side-Kick

Shouldn't Session's pretty intense prosecution of a KKK guy be enough to say he's not sympathetic toward them?

It seems fair to say he grew up around these people and even associated with a few of them in his youth (pretty much everyone from that part of the country did at one time or another, Bubba Clinton included), but it seems reaching to say he's got affinity for them.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:09 PM   #761
MessiahDecoy123
Noble Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aximili86 View Post
Shouldn't Session's pretty intense prosecution of a KKK guy be enough to say he's not sympathetic toward them?

It seems fair to say he grew up around these people and even associated with a few of them in his youth (pretty much everyone from that part of the country did at one time or another, Bubba Clinton included), but it seems reaching to say he's got affinity for them.
You're assuming people are uninformed.

Sessions grilled why the FBI is investigating "black extremist" more than any far right hate group...

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews.g...%3fid=51152034

Then Sessions attacks affirmative action helping blacks go to Ivy League schools cause that's what the DOJ should focus on, making sure there are fewer blacks represented at Ivy League schools.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usn...%3fcontext=amp

Old 02-13-2018, 12:11 PM   #762
Sithborg
About time Filoni

You can be racist, and not a white supremacist.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:12 PM   #763
MessiahDecoy123
Noble Savage

Also Sessions is rolling back criminal justice reforms aimed at making the system fairer to minorities but I'm sure that's just him being "traditional".

Old 02-13-2018, 12:14 PM   #764
MessiahDecoy123
Noble Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
You can be racist, and not a white supremacist.
Are saying casual racist vs card carrying racist.

Cause there's a pretty large group of closet racist who aren't casually racist.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:19 PM   #765
Deck Rickard
#ReleaseTheUnwatchableCut

Quote:
Also Sessions is rolling back criminal justice reforms aimed at making the system fairer to minorities but I'm sure that's just him being "traditional".
Bingo. Regardless of whether he attends meetings wearing a white sheet or not, one doesn't have to look any farther than his actions in the justice department to see how racist he truly is.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:40 PM   #766
MessiahDecoy123
Noble Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck Rickard View Post
Bingo. Regardless of whether he attends meetings wearing a white sheet or not, one doesn't have to look any farther than his actions in the justice department to see how racist he truly is.
And one of the reasons the KKK wear hoods is so they could return to their jobs as prosecuters, judges, cops, politicians, etc.

Racists using institutions to intentionally hurt minorities is nothing new.

Now the hoods are coming off and this is done blatantly.

I'm not sure why we have to play the "Sessions might not be a good ole boy racist" game.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:49 PM   #767
Zarex
Side-Kick

Well, aaaah say, how dare you boys demean the good name of Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III and insinuate that our totally not racist attorney general has given yet another shout out to his white supremacist base! I demand satisfaction! Pistols at dawn!

Old 02-13-2018, 12:50 PM   #768
Aximili86
Side-Kick

So wait, what? He stuck a KKK dude with the death penalty, but he's still "yay KKK"?

There are plenty of issues with Session's tenure so far, and even going as far as to say they're harming black folks seems...reasonable. "He's a prosecutor in a hood" though? C'mon now.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:59 PM   #769
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aximili86 View Post
So wait, what? He stuck a KKK dude with the death penalty, but he's still "yay KKK"?

There are plenty of issues with Session's tenure so far, and even going as far as to say they're harming black folks seems...reasonable. "He's a prosecutor in a hood" though? C'mon now.
In 1986, Figures testified before the Senate that while it was “literally true” that Sessions had not “obstructed the investigation of the murder of Michael Donald,” Sessions had “tried to persuade me to discontinue pursuit of the case.” Figures said that Sessions “remarked, with regard to the investigation, that the case was a waste of time, that it wasn’t going anywhere, that I should spend more time on other things, and that, if the perpetrators were found, I would not be assigned to the case.” Figures told the Senate that after the case went to the grand jury, and it “became increasingly apparent that we were going to break the case, Mr. Sessions attitude changed” and that he supported the prosecution.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...k-case/512600/

Old 02-13-2018, 01:59 PM   #770
Sithborg
About time Filoni

Meanwhile, more and more comes out about Trump's budget, the worse and worse it looks. How do you get the massive increase in spending when you seem to be cutting so many things?

And so many, many terrible ideas, it would be laughable it it weren't too easily believed that there were enough terrible people in Congress all for it.

EDIT: Also, FBI Director Wray directly contradicted Sarah Sander's claims about Porter. Apparently his background check had been completed, and denied security clearance. So, the briefing should be entertaining today.

Last edited by Sithborg; 02-13-2018 at 02:15 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:54 PM   #771
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Trump Jr. Receives Angry Note in White Powder Mail

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/an...cid=spartanntp

Old 02-13-2018, 03:04 PM   #772
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Trump Wants to Curb Food Stamp Program for Food Boxes?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...cid=spartanntp

Old 02-13-2018, 03:19 PM   #773
Sithborg
About time Filoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post

Go to directly starving the poor.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:30 PM   #774
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post

Yeah, the best part when Vice talked about this was that they don't even know how they are going to get the boxes to the people, nor do the recipients even know what's inside. That's proper prior planning right there.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:54 PM   #775
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeekness View Post
Yeah, the best part when Vice talked about this was that they don't even know how they are going to get the boxes to the people, nor do the recipients even know what's inside. That's proper prior planning right there.
Oooh swag boxes for the poor! Brilliant!

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Closed Thread