The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 07:14 PM   #151
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

For those who don't know what ffp 2.0 is.

On may 24th uefa will vote on new financial fairplay rules.

New rules.

- clubs will only be allowed a net spend on transfers of €100m per season. This means if they spend €300m on players they will have to sell €200m.

- clubs will only be allowed to have 25 players on their books over the age of 21. This includes any players loaned out.

- sponsorships made by related parties will also be looked at again. Example Etihads deal with city.

- how much debt a club can hold will also be looked at. This is a bit vague. I don't think debt for clubs building a new stadium will be a problem but more clubs being mortgaged like utd or interest free loans that are never paid back like chelseea.

This is being pushed through by the likes of byern, real and barca in regards to city and psg being state run. Unlike ffp they have asked the eu to bring in laws to back this so that it cannot be challenged in the courts (one of the problems with the original ffp was that it was on dodgy legal ground).

I think it would be good for the game. But i would love it if the eu went further and did something about the champions league as it is the major contributor to inequality between clubs.

Old 02-02-2018, 07:18 PM   #152
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
financial fair play

the first go failed hard but surely they have to try something again at some point?
Bit unfair. First lot of ffp was aimed at stopping clubs going bankrupt. It worked very well with overall debt in europe going down by $700m and clubs being financially better off. It was never really designed to tackle state run clubs or try to introduce equality into the game. The new rules try to do that to a certain extent.

Old 02-03-2018, 03:28 AM   #153
TheJL
Side-Kick

Would a luxury tax work in UEFA, since it's an arms race?

NHL - hard cap
MLB - luxury tax
NBA - soft cap + luxury tax
NFL - hard cap

Old 02-03-2018, 06:01 AM   #154
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Can you give a short explanation of how that hard cap/luxury tax functions in those sports?

I think some sort of upper limit on transfers/wages could be a good idea.

Old 02-03-2018, 06:06 AM   #155
Iceman
Infinity War!

Those rules would be a drastic change.

Old 02-03-2018, 08:43 AM   #156
Iceman
Infinity War!

Wenger admits running out of time to sign a defender. Does this **** never learn? You are allowed to start before 10 to 11 on deadline day.

Old 02-03-2018, 10:00 AM   #157
Zantera
Side-Kick

Another mediocre half from us.

Seeing Sanchez in our shirt is just sickening though. I disliked him before joining us but I feel even stronger about it now. **** you Mourinho, sincerely, me.

https://parisinthespring.bandcamp.com/
https://www.facebook.com/parisinthespringmusic
https://www.facebook.com/arcadiaforever/
Old 02-03-2018, 10:32 AM   #158
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Alexis Sanchez is good at football. Great finish from Lukaku for the first as well.

- Baron Harkonnen (Star Wars Episode IV: The Fellowship of the Ring)
Old 02-03-2018, 10:47 AM   #159
Iceman
Infinity War!

So Everton’s city drop 2 points at Burnley.

Old 02-03-2018, 12:13 PM   #160
Kaleb
Devil of Hells Kitchen

Arsenal fans must be loving this game so far.

Old 02-03-2018, 12:48 PM   #161
Iceman
Infinity War!

4-0 and Aubemayang on the scoresheet! 2 for Ramsey.

Old 02-03-2018, 12:53 PM   #162
Kaleb
Devil of Hells Kitchen

Mkhitaryan looks like he's been playing with Arsenal for over a season

Old 02-03-2018, 12:58 PM   #163
Iceman
Infinity War!

Sometimes player’s just need a change of scenery.

Old 02-03-2018, 01:40 PM   #164
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Ozil and Sanchez also looked amazing upon arrival, the new player bounce will fade after a while and the Arsenal-ness will probably take effect again.

Old 02-03-2018, 01:48 PM   #165
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

No, I am sure they will win the league.

- Baron Harkonnen (Star Wars Episode IV: The Fellowship of the Ring)
Old 02-03-2018, 03:35 PM   #166
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbaz View Post
For those who don't know what ffp 2.0 is.

On may 24th uefa will vote on new financial fairplay rules.

New rules.

- clubs will only be allowed a net spend on transfers of €100m per season. This means if they spend €300m on players they will have to sell €200m.

- clubs will only be allowed to have 25 players on their books over the age of 21. This includes any players loaned out.

- sponsorships made by related parties will also be looked at again. Example Etihads deal with city.

- how much debt a club can hold will also be looked at. This is a bit vague. I don't think debt for clubs building a new stadium will be a problem but more clubs being mortgaged like utd or interest free loans that are never paid back like chelseea.

This is being pushed through by the likes of byern, real and barca in regards to city and psg being state run. Unlike ffp they have asked the eu to bring in laws to back this so that it cannot be challenged in the courts (one of the problems with the original ffp was that it was on dodgy legal ground).

I think it would be good for the game. But i would love it if the eu went further and did something about the champions league as it is the major contributor to inequality between clubs.
If clubs are given a transfer cap of €100m (£85m) a season, that is going to leave, particularly at the most profitable clubs, an enormous amount of excess money that won't or can't be reinvested into the squad, so where would that go? Straight into the owners & shareholders pockets, it would encourage more parasite business men & women to do what the Glazer's did to United or those 2 ****wits that owned Liverpool so they can line their pockets.

Old 02-03-2018, 04:06 PM   #167
B
[insert witty comment]

Very happy City didn't win today, Guardiola named 6 players on the bench & declared that he didn't have anymore players.

£900m odd spent on a squad, a plethora of U23/U18 talent available at the club with top coaches & state of the art facilities helping develop them & they couldn't spare 1 player or he didn't think 1 of them was deserving even if it was to sit on the bench for 90 minutes & get a first team experience.

He's throwing a huff because City wouldn't pay through the nose for Sanchez or Mahrez for him.

Old 02-03-2018, 04:51 PM   #168
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post
Ozil and Sanchez also looked amazing upon arrival, the new player bounce will fade after a while and the Arsenal-ness will probably take effect again.
Sanchez was fine. Ozil's shine lasted 2 games.

Old 02-03-2018, 04:53 PM   #169
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
If clubs are given a transfer cap of €100m (£85m) a season, that is going to leave, particularly at the most profitable clubs, an enormous amount of excess money that won't or can't be reinvested into the squad, so where would that go? Straight into the owners & shareholders pockets, it would encourage more parasite business men & women to do what the Glazer's did to United or those 2 ****wits that owned Liverpool so they can line their pockets.
Yeah, could be great news for agents. Instead of a $200m Neymar fee we'll get a $100m fee and an extra $100m going to an agent under the table.

Old 02-03-2018, 09:35 PM   #170
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
Only two clubs in the premier league had a bigger net spend than €100m both from manchester.
No other club came anywhere close.
Even in europe only psg broke it.

Where does excess money go? What excess money? The money from qatar or uae?

Last edited by Lilbaz; 02-03-2018 at 09:42 PM.
Old 02-04-2018, 12:05 AM   #171
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Important 3 points today, Sanchez pretty much dragged the team into the match after Jose's childish games of dropping Pogba and Martial.

Huddersfield will surely go down if this is how they usually play, they carried elss attacking threat than any team I've seen us play at Old Trafford this season.

McTominay did fine with the opportunity given him, and Rojo looked sharp back in at LCB. Lukaku took his chance well but it was another poor performance from him, we looked slicker when we movedSanchez to the striker role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post
Yeah Kovacic will definitely be looking for more game time, and he seems like a Mourinho type player, so it’ll be interesting to see what develops in the summer. There still aren’t a huge amount of quality CMs around to choose from, he’s probably the best of the potentially available options.
I think Kovacic, Weigl and Jorginho could all be on the options list, we've been linked with them all quite a big recently, and while they aren't identical they do offer some of the same qualities, it'll depend on which deals can be done easiest in a World Cup summer I imagine.

Quote:
The Griezmann thing might have run its course, but I think he’s looking for a move and outside of Real I think United/City is the only logical destination, Barcelona was mentioned but I think they’ve made their choices with Dembele/Coutinho. Griezmann would probably also be a huge commercial success so I could see the money men liking his addition, and he’s learned to work hard with Simeone so he’ll likely adapt to Mourinho’s demands well.

Considering Sanchez’s age I don’t think Griezmann is outside the realm of possibility, and Mourinho needs more natural talent at his disposal to compensate for his inability to coach an attack.
I have to agree with the bolded part, so it's not impossible I guess, I just feel we've soured after last summer and then his clear intent to go to Barcelona, sadly I feel Bale is more likely if Jose adds another experienced attacker.

Old 02-04-2018, 05:45 AM   #172
Mandon Knight
The Re-Generation Game

I reckon a draw against Spurs today. 1-1.

Old 02-04-2018, 07:00 AM   #173
Iceman
Infinity War!

Palace vs Toon coming up.

Old 02-04-2018, 07:04 AM   #174
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Important 3 points today, Sanchez pretty much dragged the team into the match after Jose's childish games of dropping Pogba and Martial.

Huddersfield will surely go down if this is how they usually play, they carried elss attacking threat than any team I've seen us play at Old Trafford this season.

McTominay did fine with the opportunity given him, and Rojo looked sharp back in at LCB. Lukaku took his chance well but it was another poor performance from him, we looked slicker when we movedSanchez to the striker role.

I think Kovacic, Weigl and Jorginho could all be on the options list, we've been linked with them all quite a big recently, and while they aren't identical they do offer some of the same qualities, it'll depend on which deals can be done easiest in a World Cup summer I imagine.

I have to agree with the bolded part, so it's not impossible I guess, I just feel we've soured after last summer and then his clear intent to go to Barcelona, sadly I feel Bale is more likely if Jose adds another experienced attacker.
Huddersfield started really well but have lost form.

I’d be really interested in Griezmann joining. This is the one guy I hope you get.

Old 02-04-2018, 07:16 AM   #175
Mandon Knight
The Re-Generation Game

Injuries for Swansea, pretty major ones too....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42937089

Closed Thread