Kane52630
Just Some Nut

Default Re: Titans General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Saw this comment on facebook. lol

Old 07-19-2018, 11:57 AM   #52
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

When questioning the issues with DC and why they can't succeed. The attempts to make their characters everything they aren't has to be at the core. It is like they are embarrassed of their characters and in the process make far more embarrassing characters in general.

- Baron Harkonnen (Star Wars Episode IV: The Fellowship of the Ring)
DarthSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:58 AM   #53
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Yikes.

That’s exactly what I said as I watched the trailer. Wasn’t feeling it at all.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:00 PM   #54
samsnee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Looks like they are aiming for the preteen audience that gets excited by seeing someone....**giggle/snort**...say ****.......

samsnee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:01 PM   #55
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
I don't like the pricing of the subscription, and this show looks cheaper than the CW shows, which already look cheap.

I still like the Robin costume, I'm just not that impressed with the overall quality. So we'll see if this is any good. If it has good word of mouth, I may sub for one month to check it out. I think that pricing is way too high compared with its competitors like Netflix, Amazon and HULU. The content is like a drop in the bucket compared to those, and it's priced around the same.
Don't these other streaming sites offer shows other than what they create though? That could be part of DC stream reasoning behind the higher prices.

YOUTUBE
Michael Keaton's Batman is the ASMR master of superheroes.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:05 PM   #56
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick

I’m shocked by how bad this looks

**** Titans

Astro13Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:06 PM   #57
Joe Von Zombie
Back in college

What a pile of ****

Joe Von Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:14 PM   #58
#root
Side-Kick

#root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:17 PM   #59
Shinobi Shaw
The Black King of THC

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
LMAO

Someone wash Dick's mouth out with soap. Call Alfred somebody.

Shinobi Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:18 PM   #60
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

It seems to me....if you want to make a dark and gritty comic book series...then start with a dark and gritty comic book series. When you take something that isn't dark and gritty to begin with and make it that way....you become a SNL skit.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:21 PM   #61
samsnee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
It seems to me....if you want to make a dark and gritty comic book series...then start with a dark and gritty comic book series. When you take something that isn't dark and gritty to begin with and make it that way....you become a SNL skit.
Basically.

samsnee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:23 PM   #62
Kane52630
Just Some Nut

"Look how cool we are."

Old 07-19-2018, 12:30 PM   #63
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Yeah, I was not feeling it at all. It feels like they are trying to hard. The look's are alright, but it feels like they are trying to be overly edgy. The Titans has had dark and mature storylines, but the difference is they knew how to strike a balanced tone, and the mature and serious storylines felt balance and nuanced, which is not the feel I get when watching this trailer.

The "F Batman" line was the perfect example of this. Yeah, I get he has anger issues against batman and that was a huge part of his NTT character, and I don't even mind that he curses, but it feels like they want to use it to be like "This isn't your MAMA'S Boy Wonder Hur De Dur De Dur." It feels like it would have been more natural in the show. Starfire and Beast Boy looks slightly better than I thought, but the CGI still needs work. This is one of those instances where a balance between practical effects and CGI should have been used (Like Krypton''s Brainiac)

Dove being a more agressive fighter threw me off, because it's so much against her character, she's supposed to be a pacifist. I can see it if it was Hawk, just not Dove.

This doesn't feel like it would be worth the $7.99 a month/$74-75 a year to me right now. As of right now it feels like a bad mix of Arrow and Daredevil/Defenders.

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
ironman29758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:31 PM   #64
sweetre15
Positive Page

The problem isn’t that it’s “dark” or “gritty” it’s that it’s cringe. Seemingly instead of being a series about a team of older and younger teens learning to juggle adult responsibilities and situations with crime fighting with soul searching, romance, team conflict, and sexual situations that gets darker or lighter depending on the arcs and villains involved.....It seems we’re getting a bunch of angry resentful characters with overacting and using blood, gore, and profanity as a camouflage for the show’s weak production values.

sweetre15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:31 PM   #65
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
"Look how cool we are."

So cool.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:33 PM   #66
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetre15 View Post
The problem isn’t that it’s “dark” or “gritty” it’s that it’s cringe. Seemingly instead of being a series about a team of older and younger teens learning to juggle adult responsibilities and situations with crime fighting with soul searching, romance, team conflict, and sexual situations that gets darker or lighter depending on the arcs and villains involved.....It seems we’re getting a bunch of angry resentful characters with overacting and using blood, gore, and profanity as a camouflage for the show’s weak production values.
Its grimdark, and comes off childish. Like it came from a teenage edgelord. Like Snyder. These are the off brand characters you make on a crazy other Earth, to show how lucky we are the real ones exist.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:36 PM   #67
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman29758 View Post
Yeah, I was not feeling it at all. It feels like they are trying to hard. The look's are alright, but it feels like they are trying to be overly edgy. The Titans has had dark and mature storylines, but the difference is they knew how to strike a balanced tone, and the mature and serious storylines felt balance and nuanced, which is not the feel I get when watching this trailer.

The "F Batman" line was the perfect example of this. Yeah, I get he has anger issues against batman and that was a huge part of his NTT character, and I don't even mind that he curses, but it feels like they want to use it to be like "This isn't your MAMA'S Boy Wonder Hur De Dur De Dur." It feels like it would have been more natural in the show. Starfire and Beast Boy looks slightly better than I thought, but the CGI still needs work. This is one of those instances where a balance between practical effects and CGI should have been used (Like Krypton''s Brainiac)

Dove being a more agressive fighter threw me off, because it's so much against her character, she's supposed to be a pacifist. I can see it if it was Hawk, just not Dove.

This doesn't feel like it would be worth the $7.99 a month/$74-75 a year to me right now. As of right now it feels like a bad mix of Arrow and Daredevil/Defenders.
Yeah In the NTT comics he had a chip on his shoulder about trying to live up to Batman and it got to a point where it tooks it’s toll on him when balancing that with his work, school and relationship with Kori...until the crossover episode with Batman and The Outsiders where he took over leadership of their plan when Batman got too controlling and they resolved their differences. Which of course made him decide to drop the Robin persona for Nightwing which paid respect to the things he learned from Batman and Superman during his time as a sidekick.

Unfortunately it seems like this is not the direction being taken here.

WWE will always be the clear #1 company in pro wrestling as long as their next best competition is TNA, and TNA will always be the second-rate Mickey Mouse outfit with the creativity of a Xerox copier
Old 07-19-2018, 12:37 PM   #68
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I watched it again just to see if anything had changed and my opinion of it got worse. Felt too much like one of those fan trailers that leans too "mature" with a big lack of self-awareness about the material, which is par for the course. And then there's the stuff I didn't like, but that's based on info that's been out for some time now.

Quote:
Saw this comment on facebook. lol

Like I said, lack of self-awareness.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:37 PM   #69
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Its grimdark, and comes off childish. Like it came from a teenage edgelord. Like Snyder. These are the off brand characters you make on a crazy other Earth, to show how lucky we are the real ones exist.
Eh...I have problems with Snyder but I never thought his films were tryhard like this. I just think it’s misleading to conflate tryhardness as something inherent with a dark tone.

WWE will always be the clear #1 company in pro wrestling as long as their next best competition is TNA, and TNA will always be the second-rate Mickey Mouse outfit with the creativity of a Xerox copier
Old 07-19-2018, 12:39 PM   #70
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

YOUTUBE

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:43 PM   #71
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetre15 View Post
Eh...I have problems with Snyder but I never thought his films were tryhard like this. I just think it’s misleading to conflate tryhardness as something inherent with a dark tone.
Snyder's BvS is the definition of tryhard imo. Which is why the worst aspect of Miller's work is what we see in Snyder, as he tries to change the characters of Superman and Batman to fit his nihilistic outlook.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:47 PM   #72
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Cool Rider

I think I'm getting some residual embarrassment from everyone involved in this thing.

Pfeiffer-Pfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:49 PM   #73
DarthSkywalker

Gizmodo comment section:

Quote:
Beast Boy’s introductory scene will probably be him shapeshifting his way through an orgy in a zoo while that “I wanna **** you like an animal” song plays in the background.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:50 PM   #74
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Cool Rider

And they think THIS will be the main draw to entice people to pay $7.99 a MONTH?

Pfeiffer-Pfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:51 PM   #75
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Gizmodo comment section:
I'm somewhere between cringing from terror and laughing.

YOUTUBE