The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Titans

Old 07-21-2018, 05:42 AM   #301
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Default Re: Titans General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Nolanite View Post
That a lie, this is her look and to the people saying "She had curls in the 70's" go learn about afro hair types and it's variations and you'll find out that Diops bad wig is nothing like Starfires curls in the 70's TT comics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
So those 70's comics are...drawings...where she tends to have ridiculously over the top hair.

It's an adaption. It's her hair in a particular context, and if anything, it's just a nod to the big, curly hair she had in the Silver Age. It's entirely possible she could have different hairstyles, etc.
Starfire wasn't around in the 70s.

"We're living in a world where we're having our rights taken away by giant corporations, and [fanboys] were cheering for another corporation to eventually take our rights away...because we'll get superhero movies!" --writer Brandon Easton on the Disney/Fox merger

https://www.facebook.com/MythworldeMedia/
RockSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 05:53 AM   #302
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
Batman, Robin and other vigilantes have been breaking bones for a while now in mainstream modern comics.

Blood and broken bones and such have been a lot more common in more modern comics, especially the Batman ones, in part because that's a more realistic outcome of pitched combat.
I don't hate that they break bones during a fight, realistically speaking people will die from facing such a powerful brawler, but I'm used to them mostly bruising and cracking a few ribs to a reparable degree, I'm especially used to Richard being less violent than his teacher.

This... he steps on the jaw of a fallen guy, in a manner intending to shatter it. That is not how I'm used to the character in any incarnation, this is not what I -or most people- would want to see happen in a live action adaption.

Quote:
I can almost guarantee that (barring editing due to the backlash) they're showing so much violence, because that’s going to be a theme of the series; what being a vigilante in a world of monsters can do to someone, the inner demons it creates. Why else choose characters like Hawk and Dove that basically reinforce and juxtapose themes like violence and compassion? Why market the show as "inner demons" and relate that to both Dick and Raven?
They made the compassionate one of the Hawk & Dove pair the more violent here.

I don't want that.

YOUTUBE
Michael Keaton's Batman is the ASMR master of superheroes.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:36 AM   #303
m1ll3r
Failed experiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
I don't hate that they break bones during a fight, realistically speaking people will die from facing such a powerful brawler, but I'm used to them mostly bruising and cracking a few ribs to a reparable degree, I'm especially used to Richard being less violent than his teacher.

This... he steps on the jaw of a fallen guy, in a manner intending to shatter it. That is not how I'm used to the character in any incarnation, this is not what I -or most people- would want to see happen in a live action adaption.
There is a marked difference between breaking bones to render an assailant unable to carry on in a fight... and stepping on somebody’s head in order to snap their neck and kill them.

Batman... and by extension Robin... are supposed to be highly trained experts in both unarmed and armed combat, who are able to do enough to win a fight quickly and efficiently, without causing death.

All projects like Snyder’s movies and this trailer demonstrate is a lack of training, restraint and ability. They make the characters less.

2018 movies: Black Panther - 7.5/10, The Cloverfield Paradox - 2/10, Get Out - 9/10, Ready Player One - 7/10, Annihilation - 7.5/10, Avengers Infinity War - 8.5/10, Deadpool 2 - 8.5/10, Solo - 6/10, A Quiet Place - 8/10, Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom - 5/10, Mission Impossible: Fallout - 9/10
m1ll3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 11:14 AM   #304
I Am The Knight
Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by SkullDevil! / ?
I Am The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 11:22 AM   #305
guyisnotcool
Side-Kick

I'll watch it but that trailer was as subtle as a brick in a face.
Quote:
Fitting

guyisnotcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 02:02 PM   #306
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel the Pizzas

Quote:
That’s hilarious yet sad how accurate it is

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 02:08 PM   #307
Nathan

Young Natalie Portman might have actually been a good Raven.

Old 07-21-2018, 03:37 PM   #308
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

"We're living in a world where we're having our rights taken away by giant corporations, and [fanboys] were cheering for another corporation to eventually take our rights away...because we'll get superhero movies!" --writer Brandon Easton on the Disney/Fox merger

https://www.facebook.com/MythworldeMedia/
RockSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:30 AM   #309
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

There is not enough mention of Starfire scorching two people in this thread.

YOUTUBE

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 07-22-2018, 06:34 AM   #310
Nathan

I don't want to think about what they are potentially doing to Beast Boy in this show. He probably eats people in his animal forms.

Old 07-22-2018, 06:54 AM   #311
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

No one will have to worry about him storing food in the fridge like that.

YOUTUBE

Old 07-22-2018, 09:56 AM   #312
I Am The Knight
Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post

There is not enough mention of Starfire scorching two people in this thread.
I'm very confused about her character in general.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by SkullDevil! / ?
I Am The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 10:05 AM   #313
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
I'm very confused about her character in general.
She's a lovely delightful princess who hates her evil sister, loves the rest of her family, is fun and cheerful, and was almost Mrs. Nightwing.

The few seconds of her in the trailer is a downright different take on the character.

YOUTUBE

Old 07-22-2018, 11:39 AM   #314
Teelie
Incredulous Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I don't want to think about what they are potentially doing to Beast Boy in this show. He probably eats people in his animal forms.
You assume he will even have an animal form instead of just pulling an Amaya and taking on their aspects instead.

Teelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 02:58 PM   #315
Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
You know, that wouldn’t surprise me.

Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:00 PM   #316
Karelia
Somebody Save Me

I wasn't too terribly excited for this at first, I saw the Robin costume and started to get excited... then watched the trailer and...

I just feel most people know the Titans through the cartoons, which was not as dark and brooding. It had dark moments, mature moments, but not like the trailer is showing. I just don't think Robin would say Screw Batman. Especially if this is Grayson.

I could honestly get past Statfire's costume if everything else felt right. Costumes aren't always everything. I may end up trying to give this a shot anyways, but it has not piqued my interest like I hoped it would.

Barry Allen is so fast he ran himself back into the friendzone.

We Are Groot
Karelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:19 AM   #317
Big Lob
Side-Kick

I have problems with the CW shows, but at least the superhero outfits for the most part is ok there. Supergirl looks like Supergirl. I can glance at her and say, oh that's Supergirl. Same with Flash. I can buy in to them as leads because they don't look like idiots in their outfits.

I tend to think whomever is heading up this project are the wrong people to be heading up this project. I don't know. This does not look like a signature television show to build around.

When CBS All Access launched, their show, Trek, had amazing projection values. Some of these services are going to get squeezed out. You have to put your best foot forward and make people think they are getting their money's worth. Does this really feel like premium quality tv?

This looks cheap, I have no confidence in the scripting, and I think some if not most of the cast may have been casting mistakes.

Big Lob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 10:17 AM   #318
Babillygunn
Tag team champion

Batman needs to show up and we need this scene:

Last edited by Babillygunn; 07-23-2018 at 10:21 AM.
Babillygunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 02:36 AM   #319
Hello2016
Side-Kick

The trailer has me confused.

At first glance, with lame music and young people hanging out sort of seems like an angsty teenage Twilight drama of sorts from character's maybe not getting enough sympathy. Then bam MA level violence with TV level effects that has me curious on what type of show this will be.

It's smaller budget and not a tentpole or on a network so has me wondering what they'll try with it as this seems like the last type of smaller DC based property I'd expect them to take a darker tone with especially with the B.S. going on with WB over each movie's production now.

Hello2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 06:15 PM   #320
Hurm...
Side-Kick

What a dud.

Hurm... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 04:29 AM   #321
Blackman
C'mon Son

It's very terrible and a shame the racist flack and insults that the actress playing Starfire is getting. But I hate how so many people are trying to make it seem or pivot that all the criticism is race related. I hate when people do that.

From what I've seen most people don't care that she's a black actress. It's that she's not orange, doesn't have green eyes, and she doesn't seem to have the green bolts she's more famous for using and has literal fire. It's a similar complaint to what they're doing with Raven and Beast Boy

Yes there are very stupid racist pieces of **** that forced the actress to turn off her IG comments, but that's not all of the criticism.

I read somewhere someone saying that Starfire is coming from a 70s party. And if that's true (I very much doubt it) then they're stupid for not releasing a better pic and using all marketing to this point to show that one look. I know they saw the backlash from the set pics.

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 05:13 AM   #322
Flash525
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
I read somewhere someone saying that Starfire is coming from a 70s party. And if that's true (I very much doubt it) then they're stupid for not releasing a better pic and using all marketing to this point to show that one look. I know they saw the backlash from the set pics.
I very much doubt that is the case.

Either way, considering the backlash this show is getting, I genuinely hope it surprises many, especially all the criticisers condemning it before it's even begun. Far too often I've seen trailers pulled apart, only for the actual film (or series) to be entertaining.

Teasers and Trailers can, and often are out of sequence, and out of context, yet they're supposed to be the sales pitch. It's easy to criticize part of a picture.

Old 07-26-2018, 05:51 PM   #323
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

If the "official" picture they used for SDCC is not her final look then DC has some real faith in this series to not show everyone at their best.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 07:04 PM   #324
Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Yeah, if the characters aren’t supposed to look the way we’ve been lead to believe they’ll look from the promo images and trailer, then someone did a really ****** job marketing this thing.

Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 07:29 PM   #325
Binker
Side-Kick

I have a question on the streaming service itself: will it be like Netflix and hulu where its one but anyone can have their own profiles? Or will it be one account, one profile, if you want your own, you have to get your own.

Defender of MAN OF STEEL. The most divisive and unfairly criticized film that happens to be Superman's best since SUPERMAN (1978).
As a Batman fan, I must say: I'm getting sick of seeing him all over the place thanks to WB.
Binker is offline   Reply With Quote