The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Old 07-19-2018, 02:13 PM   #101
Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: The Xbox One - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
I'm looking to upgrade from a XB1S to a XB1X in a few weeks time... and upgrading from a 39 inch HDTV to a 4K HDR screen that could be bigger (looking at about 50 inch atm). just literally waiting on some bloody red tape ******** to get done before i can throw the switch.
Will be a great upgrade then! Hope all goes well and enjoy once it's all set up.

Old 07-19-2018, 07:02 PM   #102
X Knight
Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Hey dude, great news! Sorry, saw your PM but my box is full and I need to delete a load of old reference PMs.

Glad you liked it so far. I haven't actually played many new different games over the year that I've had the X . Have been focusing on Gears 4 which looks great with the upgrade (and I get to compare it to the S version regularly as that is set up in my bedroom) and been very busy otherwise.

Good luck with the console! What are you planning on playing?
thanks, Iceman. I really hope it works out this time. I really do feel more at home on the Xbox than on PlayStation.

For now, I'm planning on playing Diablo III, Skyrim, WWE 2K18, and Dragon Age Origins. But I also have a ton of digital games from all those prior instances, including Forza Horizon 3, Gears 1-4, Halo MCC, Killer Instinct, and Tomb Raider 1.

Also, I really want to finally play Ori and Blind Forest. heard so much good about that game, and the sequel looks amazing.

so that should be enough to keep me occupied.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:54 PM   #103
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
thanks, Iceman. I really hope it works out this time. I really do feel more at home on the Xbox than on PlayStation.

For now, I'm planning on playing Diablo III, Skyrim, WWE 2K18, and Dragon Age Origins. But I also have a ton of digital games from all those prior instances, including Forza Horizon 3, Gears 1-4, Halo MCC, Killer Instinct, and Tomb Raider 1.

Also, I really want to finally play Ori and Blind Forest. heard so much good about that game, and the sequel looks amazing.

so that should be enough to keep me occupied.
Cool. Let me know for any co-op/multiplayer you want help with.

Old 07-19-2018, 11:26 PM   #104
X Knight
Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Cool. Let me know for any co-op/multiplayer you want help with.
sure. thanks. hopefully when Soul Calibur VI comes out in the Fall, we can play some matches together.

Old 07-19-2018, 11:27 PM   #105
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
sure. thanks. hopefully when Soul Calibur VI comes out in the Fall, we can play some matches together.
Sounds great.

Old Yesterday, 12:51 AM   #106
X Knight
Hope

ok, just did a quick comparison of X vs Pro for Diablo III.

I remember last year when I compared the S vs Pro and there were noticeable differences between the 2. The S version looked like it had a "layer" of blur over the character models, while the Pro version just overall looked sharper and crisper.

So, how does the X version compare?

I'd say the X version is now on par with the Pro version. that layer of blur is gone on the character select screen and everything looks sharp and crisp and vibrant. Maybe the X looks slightly better texture, but it's really hard to tell much of a difference.

So, going from the S to the Pro or X - there's a noticeable difference. Going from the Pro to X? Not much difference in terms of visuals.

Now, one difference that was more noticeable was how loud my Pro was just running the game at the opening level. I could definitely hear my Pro over the X. So, in that regards, the X has the advantage.

I plan to compare Skyrim next over the weekend.

Old Yesterday, 12:02 PM   #107
Iceman
Infinity War!

Ah good to know.

I guess the loudness of one system or another doesn't bother me too much, even the airplane taking off 360 lol.

Old Today, 09:00 AM   #108
X Knight
Hope

I don't mind normal fan noise, as I expect that.

but I do mind when it becomes distractingly loud, like my Pro sounding like a jet engine ( on quite a few games it seems ) or sounds abnormal ( like my last X1S ticking fan sound ).

speaking of noise, I did another quick X/Pro test. this time with WWE 2k18.

I was curious about this game, not so much for any visual differences ( which my tired, blurry eyes couldn't detect ) but more so for noise level performance. WWE 2K18 was one of the biggest noise offenders on my Pro. Just being on the title screen, not even playing a match, would cause the fan to kick into jet engine mode. And it would be loud during matches or in Create A Wrestler.

So how does it sound on the X?

Thankfully, based on my quick initial test, I can report it's much quieter, both on the title screen and during a single player match. Yes, you can hear the fans kick in slightly louder than normal, but it's nowhere near as distractingly loud as jet engine Pro.

I'll check out Create mode and a more intensive multi man match later on. but so far, again, the X is quieter than the Pro. which makes for a more enjoyable playing experience for me ( and another reason why I wanted to switch to the X ).

and btw...….WWE 2k18 IS listed on my X as an X Enhanced title, and I'm assuming I downloaded the X update patch for it when I installed the game last night.