The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Old 07-09-2018, 12:21 AM   #526
Flash525
Side-Kick

Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
Just a heads up with Ant Man spoilers... the UK (and i believe Europe as a whole) won't get to see the movie for another month because Marvel thinks the World Cup is going to get in the way....
They're oddly probably right in holding it back. I can't fathom by, but many people religiously watch football (I am far from one of them).

Generally, I'd think a Marvel fan would choose the film over a bunch of drama queens kicking a ball around a field, but Disney/Marvel likely want to attract a broader audience with the film release, and so this is their plan to do that. Makes sense, even if it is annoying for those of us that couldn't care less about the sport.

Old 07-09-2018, 07:17 AM   #527
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

Hey, football and the World Cup are still very big things. Something like that would get in the way. After all, I wager that there's those fans watching the World Cup that don't see the Marvel films and the screaming fans as a priority, so they get to enjoy the tournament and possibly see the film later. A win-win for them.

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 01:38 PM   #528
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

There's very little reason to spoil Ant-Man in an Agents of SHIELD thread. Some minor continuity comments related to SHIELD as an organization, but that's about it.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 01:58 PM   #529
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

If it comes out next week then the WC is over....

Old 07-11-2018, 04:37 PM   #530
fire117
Side-Kick

Well Ireland has to wait to wait till August 3rd to see Ant Man and the Wasp and as the damn World Cup ends on July 15th, this claim that the delay is due to the World Cup doesn't hold water with me.

fire117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:51 PM   #531
Mask&Cape
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
Just a heads up with Ant Man spoilers... the UK (and i believe Europe as a whole) won't get to see the movie for another month because Marvel thinks the World Cup is going to get in the way....
Would the World Cup really affect the box office?

Mask&Cape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:27 AM   #532
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mask&Cape View Post
seeing as the final is in about 30 minutes... no... but they've decided to postpone it by almost a month over here

Old 07-16-2018, 05:49 AM   #533
fire117
Side-Kick

Quote:
It wouldn't affect the box office. claiming the release date delay is due to the World Cup is just an excuse that I don't buy for a second!

fire117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:00 PM   #534
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes. Not got this years viewing figures but 1.2bn people watched the 2014 final with a total audience for the world cup being 3.2bn.

Lilbaz is offline   Reply With Quote