Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Defenders

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 01:34 PM   #476
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
That's kind of hard to believe. I mean everything that we saw in the trailer couldn't possibly take place in just 48 hours without feeling very rushed or disjointed.

So we see Luke Cage in jail, come back to New York City, and help the Defenders in defeating the hand all in 48 hours?
Perhaps if they excepted a bunch of "prologue" material from the first episode? So, you have stuff like Luke being released from jail, Danny traveling back to NYC, etc. But once the plot actually *starts*, all in 48 hours.

Old 05-31-2017, 06:04 PM   #477
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well, I guess we'll eventually see on how it all turns out.

Man, I'm still bummed that Daredevil is going to be the only character with an actual costume. He's actually going to stick out like a sore thumb when compared to everyone else.

Now, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones; I can understand them not having any costumes.

But Danny just having a green hood and a jacket (something similar to what Luke and Jessica are wearing)...you might as well call this group the members in the hood

I'm guess they are hoping that it won't bother the audience too much cause most of the villain's hench people will likely dead any ways And Luke, danny and Jessica don't currently have people related(close blood relatives that didn't weirdly disown them or aren't in their lives ) / linked to them to kill off . matt does (not related but people in his day life /work) for now compaired to the others. And to them (the writers) living in the same building doesn't count ether. it's strange.

Old 06-03-2017, 09:01 PM   #478
TheRedWraith
DCEU Fan

I think it would be cool if Danny is inspired/advised by Matt to protect his Identity as being a rich well-known businessman means he has a lot more to lose and is more recognizable than Matt. Maybe during the series Danny’s clothes could even get shredded and Matt could loan him his something like his season 1 suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
There are many times where I bite my tongue on these forums. Most of the time, engaging in a back and forth simply isn't worth the effort.
Old 06-12-2017, 01:59 PM   #479
ImSGirl95
Doreen Green

https://www.behance.net/gallery/5368...-Emmy-Magazine

"What if I told you that Jean-Claude Van Damme - yes, THAT Jean-Claude Van Damme - was, in fact, a secret agent? That his entire film career was built solely as a front for his black ops? Would you believe me? No? Well then that’s egg on your face because that’s what this show is about."
Old 06-12-2017, 03:52 PM   #480
IAmAsgardian
Point Break

I actually wanted to see some of the Netflix characters appear briefly on the big screen in the future.
This isn't an Instagram post but a photo shoot, which makes me think they are making plans to merge these two very soon. (merge as in one character would do an entire episode of a show that is not his own)
The connection between the shows and the movies reminds me of that James Franco gif.

Old 06-12-2017, 08:22 PM   #481
Humbugged
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmAsgardian View Post
I actually wanted to see some of the Netflix characters appear briefly on the big screen in the future.
This isn't an Instagram post but a photo shoot, which makes me think they are making plans to merge these two very soon. (merge as in one character would do an entire episode of a show that is not his own)
The connection between the shows and the movies reminds me of that James Franco gif.

Daisy is the girl for that .She links them all .AOS ,The Defenders (same is from the same orphanage as Mike) ,Punisher (friends with Micro) and The Inhumans

Old 06-13-2017, 12:46 AM   #482
pixen
Side-Kick

This is the closest I want The Defenders and Agents of SHIELD to get.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:49 AM   #483
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

This is the closest Agents of SHIELD should get to anyone else in the MCU.

Old 06-13-2017, 06:25 PM   #484
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Yeah, the last thing the Defenders need is to have AoS stuck in there.

Old 06-14-2017, 09:01 AM   #485
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

I don't get this logic. And by that, I mean it's a completely unexplained statement and I can't actually think of any explanation on my own that would make sense. It doesn't strike me as a quality issue comparing Season 4 of Agents of SHIELD to Season 1 of Iron Fist. It doesn't strike me as a tone issue (while AoS isn't as dark and mature as the Netflix shows, it wouldn't be tonally jarring given the dark moments they've had - particularly the Vivisection in Season 2). Is it a desire to keep the Netflix universe separate and not have crossovers? Is it the format (AoS is released weekly, while the Netflix shows are binge watched)?

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Old 06-14-2017, 11:02 AM   #486
pixen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
I don't get this logic. And by that, I mean it's a completely unexplained statement and I can't actually think of any explanation on my own that would make sense. It doesn't strike me as a quality issue comparing Season 4 of Agents of SHIELD to Season 1 of Iron Fist. It doesn't strike me as a tone issue (while AoS isn't as dark and mature as the Netflix shows, it wouldn't be tonally jarring given the dark moments they've had - particularly the Vivisection in Season 2). Is it a desire to keep the Netflix universe separate and not have crossovers? Is it the format (AoS is released weekly, while the Netflix shows are binge watched)?
I'm sure it has to do with the airing schedules and the timing of everything. But personally, I don't want it to happen because of the difference of quality. AoS is fun but when I hear people say stuff like "Mockingbird should show up in Avengers" it's hard to take serious when it just feels like she'd be so out of the world, acting wise.

It also has to do with the story. If AoS popped up on a Netflix show, then it makes the heroes seem like they can't Handle it and makes them look and feel less significant. It works bringing them together in The Defenders because it's just them.

Old 06-14-2017, 11:33 AM   #487
Rowsdower!
Banned User

I'll be the first to admit Iron Fist has a ton of problems (I still haven't gotten all the way through it), but AOS takes suckitude to a whole other level.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:45 PM   #488
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Also, comparing the worst-by-far of one set of shows, with the best-by-far of another set. . . not really apples to apples. But more simply, the stuff AoS is about simply is not the stuff Defenders is about. Other than taking place in the same world, they have radically different themes and stories.

Old 06-14-2017, 03:36 PM   #489
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I'll be the first to admit Iron Fist has a ton of problems (I still haven't gotten all the way through it), but AOS takes suckitude to a whole other level.
Have you seen season four? I'll defend Iron Fist overall, but Agents of SHIELD has probably been the best superhero show in television aside from Legion last year.

Old 06-14-2017, 06:44 PM   #490
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
It's because it's cool to crap on AoS, apparently.

I will never understand the hate that show gets. All of it's seasons have been better than IF, even the 1st one which was it's lowest point. Hell, the same applies when you compare it to Luke Cage and most of the DC tv shows.

Old 06-14-2017, 08:07 PM   #491
Panacea
Side-Kick

I wouldn't want time in Netflix episodes being taken up by some sort of Agents of SHIELD crossover, but some sort of cameo in AoS by a Defender or a post-credit scene with Coulson trying to recruit one of them wouldn't go amiss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I don't think that's been even close to true for quite a while now. Season four of Agents of SHIELD is arguably the best season of TV Marvel has ever done.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:46 AM   #492
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panacea View Post
I wouldn't want time in Netflix episodes being taken up by some sort of Agents of SHIELD crossover, but some sort of cameo in AoS by a Defender or a post-credit scene with Coulson trying to recruit one of them wouldn't go amiss.
That's what I would have figured. Tonally, it's hard to imagine cameos of the more fantastical in Defenders. Plus, Defenders always has a more awkward chronology. It's difficult to pin down but Luke Cage was set at least six months before the time it aired (it was pre-Civil War), so that screws things up. Binge-watched shows work better when you don't have to pin down where it takes place chronologically.

Old 06-15-2017, 03:39 PM   #493
javonstokess
Side-Kick

IMO, the only reason people crap on AoS is because characters from the movie don't show up anymore.

AoS has been quality entertainment since Ward went "dark".

Old 06-16-2017, 09:39 PM   #494
OB12
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
It's because it's cool to crap on AoS, apparently.

I will never understand the hate that show gets. All of it's seasons have been better than IF, even the 1st one which was it's lowest point. Hell, the same applies when you compare it to Luke Cage and most of the DC tv shows.
This is absolutely true. I think people just believe the Netfix = high quality and network TV = cheese, which isn't the case at all in this instance. I'd say the only show that has been overall better than AoS is Daredevil. While I like and enjoy JJ, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist, they fall short of what AoS has been able to accomplish.

Old 06-17-2017, 12:27 AM   #495
pixen
Side-Kick

Agents of Shield has some iffy writing and the fact that it's so many episodes means that there's a lot of filler. The Netflix shows have their own problems but they can at least have a good solid arc, minus Iron Fist.

Old 06-17-2017, 02:22 AM   #496
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by javonstokess View Post
IMO, the only reason people crap on AoS is because characters from the movie don't show up anymore.

AoS has been quality entertainment since Ward went "dark".
Or maybe people thought it was crappy for the first 10 or so episodes and just gave up on it, because you know saying it got good eventually is not really a good argument for why people should stick around early one.

I tried it, it was bad, never went back.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:48 AM   #497
kguillou
Side-Kick

AoS is leaps and bounds better than when it started, that doesnt change the fact that Marvel royally **** the bed with the show out the gate. People wanted a tv show about SHIELD agents doing SHIELD agent things and what they gave us was the quippy Middle School version. What AoS is now is what it should have been out the gate.

1) JUSTICE LEAGUE 2) John Wick 2 9/10 3) Logan 8.5/10 4) BladeRunner 2049 9/10 5) Wonder Woman 8/10 6) ALIEN: Covenant 7.5/10 7) WAR Of The Planet of The Apes 8.5/10 8) Ghost in The Shell 6/10 9) Kingsman: Golden Circle 9/10 10) Atomic Blonde 7/10
Old 06-17-2017, 01:23 PM   #498
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

*cough* I'd argue that *continued* to **** the bed, at least through season 3. Which was where I got off the train, as it managed to be a mix of offensively banal, cliche, and dull.

Old 06-17-2017, 02:38 PM   #499
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
I'm guess they are hoping that it won't bother the audience too much cause most of the villain's hench people will likely dead any ways And Luke, danny and Jessica don't currently have people related(close blood relatives that didn't weirdly disown them or aren't in their lives ) / linked to them to kill off . matt does (not related but people in his day life /work) for now compaired to the others. And to them (the writers) living in the same building doesn't count ether. it's strange.
I think Danny wearing a costume would make his fight scenes better, because now that they can use a stunt man more easily. Here their commitment to "realism" hurts the end product.This is why Daredevil had better fight scenes.

Old 06-17-2017, 10:20 PM   #500
KevTravels
Side-Kick

how big of a budget is the mini-series?

Closed Thread