The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Gotham

Old 06-13-2017, 08:16 AM   #151
Gu3ree
Side-Kick

Default Re: Gotham Season 3 Episode 21/22 - "Destiny Calling/ Heavydirtysoul"

Watched the two hour finale a few days ago. Not sure what to say. It was messy. I really loved season 2 and the finale, and I've enjoyed season 3, for the most part, except I think having Gordon kill Mario was maybe a step too far.

Gordon killed Theo Galivan in season 2, but I thought it was a good turning point in the series. Gordon made a big mistake, which I thought of as part of his journey.

But season 3, I've enjoyed Penguin and Riddler's friendship, but I feel like turning them into enemies was too soon though. But I loved seeing how Nygma transformed into Riddler. If anything this series has done right, it's character development, specifically with the villains.

Bruce Wayne on the other hand...I think they're moving too fast. Some might have considered season 2 to be taking Bruce's origins to the next level too quickly, but I thought it was fine in season 2. But season 3, he's already met Ras Al Ghul...

I'm fine with Bruce acting as a vigliante, it might be better if it was just a first attempt though. Still...

Ras Al Ghul?...and the actor...I was not impressed by the choice. But I still have to give them props for giving RAG the proper hair style from the comics. But Ras Al Ghul...now? Bruce is what, 15? "We'll meet soon"...but shouldn't Bruce after this experience, not be able to trust Ras Al Ghul? But he'll go to the north Asian country in a few years and be trained by Ras Al Ghul anyways? Someone who just encouraged him to kill his butler.

This season finale though...Penguin and Riddler trying to kill each other again felt redundant and a little tiresome, but at least it had a twist. Why did it have to be the same location though? That's my point. Killing Penguin at the Gotham Bay. Penguin is of course greedy, power-hungry, and vengeful, granted, but doesn't Oswald ever get tired of it?

It's nice to see Freeze, Ivy, Penguin and Riddler altogether though. I've grown enormously tired of Barbara. I don't doubt she'll be back which is unfortunate.

Why did they have Fish Mooney return only to have her killed off? And Penguin suddenly mourns over her loss? Really felt like they wasted Fish Mooney in the finale.

As for the main plot, I always felt like Lee and Gordon were meant to be together. They were the perfect couple, but did they have to go down this path Does everyone in Gotham have to transform into some monstrous creature?

Gu3ree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:17 AM   #152
Gu3ree
Side-Kick

Watched the two hour finale a few days ago. Not sure what to say. It was messy. I really loved season 2 and the finale, and I've enjoyed season 3, for the most part, except I think having Gordon kill Mario was maybe a step too far.

Gordon killed Theo Galivan in season 2, but I thought it was a good turning point in the series. Gordon made a big mistake, which I thought of as part of his journey.

But season 3, I've enjoyed Penguin and Riddler's friendship, but I feel like turning them into enemies was too soon though. But I loved seeing how Nygma transformed into Riddler. If anything this series has done right, it's character development, specifically with the villains.

Bruce Wayne on the other hand...I think they're moving too fast. Some might have considered season 2 to be taking Bruce's origins to the next level too quickly, but I thought it was fine in season 2. But season 3, he's already met Ras Al Ghul...

I'm fine with Bruce acting as a vigliante, it might be better if it was just a first attempt though. Still...

Ras Al Ghul?...and the actor...I was not impressed by the choice. But I still have to give them props for giving RAG the proper hair style from the comics. But Ras Al Ghul...now? Bruce is what, 15? "We'll meet soon"...but shouldn't Bruce after this experience, not be able to trust Ras Al Ghul? But he'll go to the north Asian country in a few years and be trained by Ras Al Ghul anyways? Someone who just encouraged him to kill his butler.

This season finale though...Penguin and Riddler trying to kill each other again felt redundant and a little tiresome, but at least it had a twist. Why did it have to be the same location though? That's my point. Killing Penguin at the Gotham Bay. Penguin is of course greedy, power-hungry, and vengeful, granted, but doesn't Oswald ever get tired of it?

It's nice to see Freeze, Ivy, Penguin and Riddler altogether though. I've grown enormously tired of Barbara. I don't doubt she'll be back which is unfortunate.

Why did they have Fish Mooney return only to have her killed off? And Penguin suddenly mourns over her loss? Really felt like they wasted Fish Mooney in the finale.

As for the main plot, I always felt like Lee and Gordon were meant to be together. They were the perfect couple, but did they have to go down this path Does everyone in Gotham have to transform into some monstrous creature?

Old 06-13-2017, 09:46 AM   #153
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

At least this time they hired someone from the Middle-East (Sudan) to play Ra's Al Ghul, instead of an Irishman (Batman Begins) or an Australian (Arrow).

Osiris-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 12:32 PM   #154
Kathemy
It could happen to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gu3ree View Post
"We'll meet soon"...but shouldn't Bruce after this experience, not be able to trust Ras Al Ghul? But he'll go to the north Asian country in a few years and be trained by Ras Al Ghul anyways? Someone who just encouraged him to kill his butler.
Gotham isn't a prequel to the Nolanverse. Gotham is simply taking inspirations from Nolanverse lately, and I think it's entirely to its detriment.

Old 06-13-2017, 09:38 PM   #155
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathemy View Post
Gotham isn't a prequel to the Nolanverse. Gotham is simply taking inspirations from Nolanverse lately, and I think it's entirely to its detriment.
I think with Bruce already being a vigilante they will probably skip the travel to foreign lands to train part of the story. I guess I need to watch Batman Begins again sometime,
but I don't recall Bruce doing any vigilante action prior to training with Ra's. Anyone else remember?

Osiris-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:11 AM   #156
Gu3ree
Side-Kick

Anyone think that Gordon and Lee are done for good? It kind of sucks.

Old 06-14-2017, 03:01 AM   #157
Kathemy
It could happen to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
I think with Bruce already being a vigilante they will probably skip the travel to foreign lands to train part of the story. I guess I need to watch Batman Begins again sometime,
but I don't recall Bruce doing any vigilante action prior to training with Ra's. Anyone else remember?
It was a bit fuzzy. He went abroad and disappeared, apparently got in with some gangs, stealed to eat, etc etc, got thrown in prison, and beat up a whole lot of guys in prison. But yeah, no. He didn't really "fight crime" beforehand.

I wish they hadn't added Ra's but since they did it's good they chose Siddig.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:59 AM   #158
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gu3ree View Post
Anyone think that Gordon and Lee are done for good? It kind of sucks.
i am not sure.lee will probaly be back for season 4 but possibly only as recurring character.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:49 AM   #159
KnightBg
New User - Level 0

I didn't like Season 1 and 2 much , but Season 3 was epic in every way. Showing so much villians and their development was really cool. Im looking forward to see the rivarly between Joker and Penguin - this was really cool moment in this season. I also , can't understand why a lot of people don't like the show. I mean it shows the early days of Bruce Wayne and his progress. Yes , i also think that 22 episodes are a lot and could be reduced to 15 , 16 or something , but the show is quite good and as a DC fan i love it.

KnightBg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 04:07 PM   #160
BH/HHH
You Are My World

I can't believe how good Gotham Season 3 was, I was expecting to hate it after dis long Season 2 but it ended up been my favourite of the DC TV shows this year.

Just a few random thoughts about the finale itself.

- I knew Butch [blackout)was Grundy. Something clicked for me a few episodes ago[/blackout]
- Cat picking up the whip felt right.
- it was so obvious Lee would leave a note, predictable
- Bruce the vigilante, **** yeah!

BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote