The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 03-05-2017, 11:54 AM   #51
Paradox1
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
For idiotic reasons. Comparing his determination to kill to a soldier doesn't change that. Batman's always had the determination of a soldier, but he's never had the I.Q. of a slug.

Best of luck with that. You'll need it.

What are you talking about? He wasn't forced to run anywhere. He chose to go of his own free will. It was his own idea and his choice.
You are telling me that in the 70 plus history of Batman that he has never committed to an idea that everyone else thought was stupid? Like that time he got the Joker off deathrow because he was framed. Where everyone from Comissoner Gordon to Robin where saying this is stupid. The joker is a murderer let him die. Is that dumb enough for you ? Does that not describe a man who comitts to an idea and as long as it makes sense to him he's gonna do it.

Old 03-05-2017, 12:06 PM   #52
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

The difference would be that the rest of them are wrong. If he was framed, then Batmans right in that instant. I'd let him die but batman wouldn't. Not dumb at all.

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 12:09 PM   #53
I Am The Knight
Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
Didn't Bruce tell Martha, he was friends with his son?
Yeah, it was ridiculous.

BatFleck:"I'm a friend of your son."
Martha (Kent):"Oh rly, how did you two meet, he never mentioned you!"
BatFleck: "Well you see, I was trying to kill him..."

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by SkullDevil! / ?
I Am The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 12:35 PM   #54
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
You are telling me that in the 70 plus history of Batman that he has never committed to an idea that everyone else thought was stupid? Like that time he got the Joker off deathrow because he was framed. Where everyone from Comissoner Gordon to Robin where saying this is stupid. The joker is a murderer let him die. Is that dumb enough for you ? Does that not describe a man who comitts to an idea and as long as it makes sense to him he's gonna do it.
That's what I'm telling you. Your example there is completely wrong. Robin never EVER told Batman he was dumb not to let Joker die on death row for a crime he did not commit. In fact he stood by his decision to get Joker cleared of it. The only person in that story who thought that MAYBE it would be ok to let Joker die because he deserved it was Gordon, and even then he conceded that Batman was right.

So keep digging through your Batman comic book history.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 12:50 PM   #55
MydnightPhoenix
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
Didn't Bruce tell Martha, he was friends with his son?
:rollseyes:
This is how Trump got elected.

Lois Lane
Jessica Chastain, Natalie Dormer, Scarlett Johansson

MydnightPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 02:34 PM   #56
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Blame Terrio and Goyer for putting that in, instead of getting mad that people are making fun of it.

Old 03-05-2017, 02:41 PM   #57
misslane38
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
Yeah, it was ridiculous.

BatFleck:"I'm a friend of your son."
Martha (Kent):"Oh rly, how did you two meet, he never mentioned you!"
BatFleck: "Well you see, I was trying to kill him..."
Come on. In a world where people use the term friend rather loosely (see: Facebook), I hardly think one is supposed to take Batman so literally and seriously here. He just means he is thee on Clark's behalf or is teaming up with him on this. I don't think it's meant to imply they have a history of camaraderie and an established bond of any significance.

misslane38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 03:08 PM   #58
The Guard
Side-Kick

That's pretty clearly what he meant. He was trying to set her at ease.

-Me
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 03:22 PM   #59
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Exactly but this is the Internet age, everything under a microscope. Nitpicking is at an all time ridiculous high.

Old 03-05-2017, 05:03 PM   #60
souperman
Side-Dish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Exactly but this is the Internet age, everything under a microscope. Nitpicking is at an all time ridiculous high.
I don't mind nit picking... As long as the right nits get picked. ; )

I am right with you on your movie ratings btw.
SS trailers were much better than the final product. While cool to see imagery and characters, overall story was weak. Have not seen the extended yet.

No-one stays good in this world...everything's changed...if you seek his monument - look around you - ARGO pick your nits ! I DON'T GET WHY PEOPLE DON'T GET IT...
souperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 06:06 PM   #61
MydnightPhoenix
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
Come on. In a world where people use the term friend rather loosely (see: Facebook), I hardly think one is supposed to take Batman so literally and seriously here. He just means he is thee on Clark's behalf or is teaming up with him on this. I don't think it's meant to imply they have a history of camaraderie and an established bond of any significance.
It's really not that hard to understand, just obtuse people choosing to not understand human interaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Exactly, I choose to believe those who take that line seriously are doing it on purpose.

Lois Lane
Jessica Chastain, Natalie Dormer, Scarlett Johansson

MydnightPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 06:19 AM   #62
batfreakforever
A real fan

Ive watched the Ultimate edition too many times to count and I just keep finding new and interesting in the film. Its amazing. It just gets better.
I cant wait to watch Man of steel. BvS ultimate edition and Justice League to see Supermans 3 film arc.
Batmans two film arc will be great. From solo hero to a team player in Justice League.

batfreakforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:29 AM   #63
Bren
Forevernoob

"I'm a friend of your son" irritated me the first time I saw it but I'm cool with it now.

I can't reconcile with Batman's decision-making in the film. I just watched it again and no, still not working for me.
Neither is dumbass Superman who never spoke to the authorities (outside Swannick, seemingly not after the drone) or the media to reassure the public etc.

Rubbish film, with enough parts that to be enjoyed a little on rewatch.
So many missed opportunities.

Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 12:23 PM   #64
shauner111
Side-Kick

Boo hoo. Two white men with all the power in the world and they can't stop whining and trying to kill each other. Even Undertaker and Kane talked it out more than these two back in the 90s, and Kane could barely speak!

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
Old 03-06-2017, 01:00 PM   #65
Wolfgangamadeus
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Boo hoo. Two white men with all the power in the world and they can't stop whining and trying to kill each other. Even Undertaker and Kane talked it out more than these two back in the 90s, and Kane could barely speak!
To be fair Superman is just a fair alien

Wolfgangamadeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 01:09 PM   #66
Bren
Forevernoob

What would a rich black guy and a dark alien have done?

Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 01:14 PM   #67
shauner111
Side-Kick

Eat soup?

Old 03-06-2017, 01:14 PM   #68
Mandon Knight
The Re-Generation Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
errrr...what ?

Mandon Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 01:30 PM   #69
shauner111
Side-Kick

First world problems. Plus they have everything anyone can ask for and they can't smile or communicate with each other ?

Old 03-06-2017, 02:04 PM   #70
GreenKToo
In the fire

Hind sight is 20/20, we all know that. I bet they could redo some lines given the chance.
That said, I'm giving them one more chance with JL, and if that misses the mark as well, then I'm done with this film universe until a reboot happens down the road.
Superman is too standoffish, and Lex comes off more like joker than Lex.
Can they, or do they even want to, fix it? We'll soon see.

Old 03-06-2017, 02:47 PM   #71
shauner111
Side-Kick

I'm actually gonna give them more chances even if WW and JL are crap. Because there is a possibility that as of this year they've given Reeves and maybe Gibson control. If JL sucks then I'll avoid the rest (or simply watch them out of curiosity) and put my energy into the new batman movie.

Old 03-08-2017, 02:27 AM   #72
idiot09
Kicks side

Just saw this on twitter from Andrew Dyce :

"Wonder Woman views the Sword of Alexander: the weapon of a great man descending into madness. How many noticed Bruce's (literal) reflection?"

Zack's movies are so filled with layers man, I love it. Its been a year and we are still finding stuff. This is brilliant.

idiot09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 02:31 AM   #73
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiot09 View Post
Just saw this on twitter from Andrew Dyce :

"Wonder Woman views the Sword of Alexander: the weapon of a great man descending into madness. How many noticed Bruce's (literal) reflection?"

Zack's movies are so filled with layers man, I love it. Its been a year and we are still finding stuff. This is brilliant.
One of the many reasons I've loved both MOS and BvS so many layers. Zack is a visionary

Old 03-08-2017, 09:41 AM   #74
shauner111
Side-Kick

Zack sets things up like that but doesn't pay it off in a way that makes sense or that feels well executed. That's his problem. He has ideas. He has a vision, sometimes, but he doesn't know how to follow through with those ideas. His obsession with cool imagery and battle sequences overshadows whatever he was trying to do in the first place. He's like an addict. No matter what , he needs to keep having a taste of nonsensical CGI explosions/fights that has nothing to do with good storytelling or character development. Only sometimes will he plant a seed like the above photo, only to stumble over his own two feet halfway through his own movie.

It ends up being a shot that is foreshadowing something silly instead of something you can get emotionally invested in. There's no way you can feel anything for Batman because it's the first time seeing this version of the character and he's a jerk the whole film. I really question anyone who felt anything for this guy by the end of the film. I chalk it up to their previous knowledge of the character in all mediums. Their attachment to that. Rather than their attachment to THIS guy. That's how I see it anyway.

Last edited by shauner111; 03-08-2017 at 09:47 AM.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:49 AM   #75
Limonade
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Only if you live in the forums.

Otherwise the only nitpicking you'll have to hear are the ones in your thoughts.

Limonade is offline   Reply With Quote