The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Infinity War

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 12:03 AM   #201
Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War Part I & II The Official News and Speculatio -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finarfiniel View Post
Artist is Sergio Davila who previously did the artwork for Thor: God of Thunder amongst others, he posted it on his twitter and instagram. I don't know if it's art from an upcoming book, but Jason Aaron did say in an interview that Thanos and Hela will be getting up to no good together in future storylines.
Oh right, thanks very much for that. Will look into.

Old 08-12-2017, 06:06 PM   #202
Relugus
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War Part I & II The Official News and Speculatio -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderine View Post
If the mission is for the Black Order to retrieve the stones then this would likely be the scenario.
Maybe Team Cap takes Vision to Wakanda due to him being in injured, meaning there would be at least two stones there.

Last edited by Relugus; 08-12-2017 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Errors
Old 08-12-2017, 07:21 PM   #203
Iceman
Infinity War!

I hope the battle at Wakanda is a huge set piece.

Old 08-12-2017, 07:40 PM   #204
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I hope the battle at Wakanda is a huge set piece.
It sure sounds like it. 9 months man

Old 08-12-2017, 11:15 PM   #205
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkillin View Post
But the two Thor characters are different. The Marvel comic Thor is not an exact adaptation from Norse mytho.

It was hard to find Thor merchandise before the MCU. The character was never in any Marvel video games either that I remember. I see A list as having merchandise (toys, games, clothing apparel, etc) and tv appearances I have seen a clip of Thor appearing on Hulk live action tv series but that was it he never showed up in cartoons. Spider-Man, X-Men, and Iron Man had tv shows in the 90s. Out of the main 3 I say Iron Man was closest to A list he appeared in cartoons and almost every game. I don't remember him having merchandise though. I think Punisher had more merchandise because the badass skull.

There was plenty. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2. And a few others.

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
Old 08-12-2017, 11:50 PM   #206
Avengers FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
Can someone tell me where the orange infinity stone came from? Is that something that is supposed to be introduced in Thor Ragnarok.
My money is on Heimdall possessing it. It's what allows him to see all the souls in the universe (multiverse too?)

Old 08-13-2017, 12:04 AM   #207
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
There was plenty. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2. And a few others.
MCU was already getting started by the time MUA1 came out. The first Iron Man was not out but they were promoting the machine that is the MCU so they were focused on pushing those characters. MUA 2 was out during the MCU.

I never saw Thor in SNES games in the 90s. Marvel focused most games on Spider-Man and X-Men. Thor was not in Marvel vs Capcom 2 which had a huge roster.

Old 08-13-2017, 01:52 AM   #208
First Avenger
Side-Kick

Quote:

Oh Lord Feige, just give me this pairing in IW and I'll be happy.
They're pairing them up in the comics? Interesting...

Old 08-13-2017, 04:42 AM   #209
herolee10
No More Miracles

Wow, I just realized that not only are we getting all three MCU Chris's in one film (Hemsworth, Evans, and Pratt), but all three of their characters have been designed where they now have relatively short blonde hair and some type of beard.lol

1 Corinthians 10:13
Old 08-13-2017, 11:24 AM   #210
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Wow, I just realized that not only are we getting all three MCU Chris's in one film (Hemsworth, Evans, and Pratt), but all three of their characters have been designed where they now have relatively short blonde hair and some type of beard.lol
They should have made room for ole Captain Kirk. The best Chris of the group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvyv2Scr9SU

Old 08-13-2017, 11:28 AM   #211
Nathan_Koren
Mandalorian/Force Adept

Quote:
Artist is Sergio Davila who previously did the artwork for Thor: God of Thunder amongst others, he posted it on his twitter and instagram. I don't know if it's art from an upcoming book, but Jason Aaron did say in an interview that Thanos and Hela will be getting up to no good together in future storylines.
Aww sweet. I'll keep my eyes open next time I go to the comic book store

Old 08-13-2017, 11:54 AM   #212
Finarfiniel
#TeamHela

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Avenger View Post
They're pairing them up in the comics? Interesting...
They already have, they worked together in this year's 'The Unworthy Thor', but the readers didn't find out that it was Hela that Thanos was working with until the final issue because she was disguised in a hooded cloak throughout the whole thing. Then Hela killed Proxima Midnight and made out with Thanos infront of her lifeless corpse...

It's one of the reasons why some (including me) are so convinced that Hela is going to replace Death as Thanos' 'love interest' in IW, Marvel have a history of changing things up in the comics to closer reflect the movies.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:18 PM   #213
MbJ
Side-Kick

Looks like we're gonna delve more into Nebula's abusive childhood.
http://www.cbr.com/nebula-past-backs...-infinity-war/

Quote:
“Without giving away any spoilers, we’re definitely going to continue the arc for Nebula and find out more about her past,” Gillan said. “And actually, we’re going to find out that it’s even worse than we know.”

Old 08-13-2017, 12:58 PM   #214
Capsfan
Side-Kick

I really love what they are doing with three female Guardians. Each of them had their own arc and no one is there just to be a love interest.

Old 08-13-2017, 03:49 PM   #215
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
It sure sounds like it. 9 months man
And 10 years in the making.

Old 08-13-2017, 04:39 PM   #216
Relugus
Side-Kick

Quote:
They already have, they worked together in this year's 'The Unworthy Thor', but the readers didn't find out that it was Hela that Thanos was working with until the final issue because she was disguised in a hooded cloak throughout the whole thing. Then Hela killed Proxima Midnight and made out with Thanos infront of her lifeless corpse...

It's one of the reasons why some (including me) are so convinced that Hela is going to replace Death as Thanos' 'love interest' in IW, Marvel have a history of changing things up in the comics to closer reflect the movies.
I think Hela might be revealed to be Death's avatar.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:36 PM   #217
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
And 10 years in the making.
Years ago when Iron Man came out and there was talk of an Avengers film, I was very critical of this. I just didn't see how it could be done. I was so wrong. The things the MCU has achieved can't be understated at all.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:44 PM   #218
AvengerPA
Side-Kick

It is impossible for an Avengers film to outgross an X-Men film. It is impossible for a Captain America movie to make more money than a Wolverine movie. It is impossible for D-Grade character like the Guardians of the Galaxy to outgross Marvel's A-team the X-Men.

Old 08-14-2017, 03:49 PM   #219
KBX
Side-Kick

is Fury not in Infinity War?

Old 08-14-2017, 05:10 PM   #220
Relugus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
Years ago when Iron Man came out and there was talk of an Avengers film, I was very critical of this. I just didn't see how it could be done. I was so wrong. The things the MCU has achieved can't be understated at all.
Not only did it require multiple movies to set-up, those movies had to do well to build the momentum.

It also required long-term thinking and sticking to a plan, something which Hollywood studios simply don't do.

Old 08-14-2017, 05:20 PM   #221
MbJ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBX View Post
is Fury not in Infinity War?
What makes you say that? He was confirmed months ago.

Old 08-14-2017, 05:29 PM   #222
LoganPool
Husband. Father. Servant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post
What makes you say that? He was confirmed months ago.
You sure? Because as of March of this year, he hadn't yet been contacted about a role. I can't find any credible source confirming his appearance.

1. Logan... 9.8
  2. War for the Planet of the Apes... 9.5
  3. John Wick 2... 9
  4. Spider-Man: Homecoming... 8.5
  5. Beauty and the Beast... 8.5
Old 08-14-2017, 05:38 PM   #223
liveman789
Side-Punch

I don't think he was ever confirmed. I'm sure he'll be in 4, though.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:09 PM   #224
Krystal
Side-Kick

He was not confirmed.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:23 PM   #225
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
Not only did it require multiple movies to set-up, those movies had to do well to build the momentum.

It also required long-term thinking and sticking to a plan, something which Hollywood studios simply don't do.
You're absolutely right. It's a beauty to behold what has come from Iron Man 9 years ago.

Closed Thread