The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Daredevil

Old 08-10-2017, 02:57 PM   #476
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Default Re: Charlie Cox is Matt Murdock/Daredevil

I think that Black Widow would fit in a lot better in DD's world than the other way around. I fear he would look out of place in the movies, but the plus side would of course be that we would get to see the true potential of his grappling hook and cable.
It would be cool if they ever share screentime though, because I really liked those issues where they were together.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:08 PM   #477
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Eh, it would come off as Natasha slumming. Why would she particularly focus on street crime in one neighborhood of one city, and how would this not be bringing an elephant gun to a fist fight, if she did?

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:34 PM   #478
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Eh, it would come off as Natasha slumming. Why would she particularly focus on street crime in one neighborhood of one city, and how would this not be bringing an elephant gun to a fist fight, if she did?
if she was after the hand like in the books cause they are becoming force rivaling hydra in the world of crime it be a good enough reason . after all it's not like this doesn't happen often in the books enough as shown with marvel heroes the game and the animated series. etc

Last edited by zenith16; 08-11-2017 at 12:41 PM.
zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:41 PM   #479
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Yeah, but if she's showing up because the Avengers have realized the Hand exist and are a major threat, she's not going to be showing up alone. At that point your dealing with "The Hand get stomped on by the Avengers", and Daredevil gets to be even *more* irrelevant.

Old 08-11-2017, 12:43 PM   #480
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, but if she's showing up because the Avengers have realized the Hand exist and are a major threat, she's not going to be showing up alone. At that point your dealing with "The Hand get stomped on by the Avengers", and Daredevil gets to be even *more* irrelevant.
she would if she need's evidence and is just looking into it. that's also been shown inthge animated series of avengers assemble too. it depends on how they want to push it. any the hand has messed with all the heroes with the exception of a few the new wrrioriorshave fought the X-men Etc. this thing with iron fist is new cause in the books kung lun had no dealing with them . it happen later wih collen but befor that. the avengers can show up way later. like their own movie

Last edited by zenith16; 08-11-2017 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-11-2017, 03:51 PM   #481
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Quote:
I'm thinking she could be in Hells Kitchen for personal reasons? It doesn't need to be about regular street crime or any big avengers-type stuff.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Old 08-11-2017, 04:44 PM   #482
zenith16
Side-Kick

With Black widow, it's always about that. it's rarely that she was just there just buying a new purse or dress that she just had to have and it happen to be in that part of newy york . That's more Janet/ wasp then her.

Old 08-12-2017, 10:49 AM   #483
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
I'm thinking she could be in Hells Kitchen for personal reasons? It doesn't need to be about regular street crime or any big avengers-type stuff.
Even if she's only there for some random personal reasons, doesn't change that she's a giant shark visiting a tiny pond. If there's nothing unusual going on, that pretty much means its Overshadow The Local Hero Day. Which, if you *really* want to do a "Matt Murdoch has self-doubts from hanging out with an Avenger" sure. I just don't think there's any *point* to doing so, other than indulging a "but they were love interests in the comics" sensibility that has no meaningful justification in the MCU.

Old 08-12-2017, 04:30 PM   #484
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Quote:
Even if she's only there for some random personal reasons, doesn't change that she's a giant shark visiting a tiny pond. If there's nothing unusual going on, that pretty much means its Overshadow The Local Hero Day. Which, if you *really* want to do a "Matt Murdoch has self-doubts from hanging out with an Avenger" sure. I just don't think there's any *point* to doing so, other than indulging a "but they were love interests in the comics" sensibility that has no meaningful justification in the MCU.
Eh, I'm no writer, but if Marvel wants to do it I'm sure they can make it so that it doesn't feel out of place. I just enjoyed those story arcs they had together so that's why I think it would be fun to see.
I doubt it's something that's even on their list though.

Old 08-12-2017, 06:20 PM   #485
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I doubt they could afford Scarlett Johansson to do a multi-episode arc.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 11:41 AM   #486
hafizbat
Wild Cherry

While the MCU is dynamite with its ability to pair characters, I don't think DD works well for it. Cap and Widow in TWS was great. Spidey and Iron Man in Homecoming was great. Thor and Hulk are gonna be awesome in Ragnarok.

But DD operates best in his own world. Its just too different to bring in an Avenger without feeling forced. The only reason would be fan service. I'm not a fan of the DD/Spidey pairing either that so many are pining for. They just don't mesh well either thematically or in their abilities.

hafizbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:33 PM   #487
Avenging Angel
I'm Fire! Life incarnate!

I think Black Widow would work if they were getting really desperate. They should stick to DD-original characters. Their world makes more sense than combining them, even if Marvel is still connecting everything together.

Avenging Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 11:39 AM   #488
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

*cough* Just to repeat something that shouldn't need repeating: Just because multiple characters exist in the same world, doesn't mean they have to meet. A world is big, and if everyone is constantly crossing paths, that makes it smaller.

Or, the alternative to "DD in the Avengers" is not "DD as his own separate universe". The alternative is "DD lives in the same world as the Avengers, he just has nothing to do with them."