The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's The Inhumans

View Poll Results: Are you excited about this show?
Yes 59 85.51%
No 10 14.49%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2017, 05:21 PM   #851
NotNickFury
Side-Kick
 
NotNickFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: SHIELD offsite
Posts: 3,067
Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

Not that I'm expecting a balanced view on a site called 'MCU Exchange,' but saying that anything being a possibility in the MCU isn't a defense for what's coming off as a mediocre product to some.

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 05:27 PM   #852
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick
 
Mike Murdock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The other Hell's Kitchen
Posts: 8,526
Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

I agree with parts of the article and disagree with other parts. I think a problem that Marvel runs into if it's a slow build is they want you to see the first two episodes in IMAX. Now maybe that two episodes build to an amazing climax, but that's certainly more of a problem if people are paying independent money to see it.

On the other hand, judging based on the first forty minutes isn't a representative sample of an entire season on ABC.

__________________
Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:22 PM   #853
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 48,390
Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagodave View Post
Interesting read i will definitely give this show a chance https://mcuexchange.com/give-inhumans-a-chance/
A lot of inaccuracies in that article.

Another thing, this show was rushed through production in a matter of months.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:02 PM   #854
KevTravels
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 761
Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

Is someone gonna get fired over this travesty?

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:10 PM   #855
Jason Kane
Side-Kick
 
Jason Kane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,861
Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
Is someone gonna get fired over this travesty?
Buck will. Hell, he got the boot from Iron Fist

Jason Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:10 PM   #856
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL
 
Dasher10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 4,471
Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
Is someone gonna get fired over this travesty?
I don't feel like Scott Buck will ever work in Hollywood again. He's the new Josh Trank.

Let's put it this way. Tim Story also did the Ride Along series and Brett Ratner also did the Rush Hour movies and executive produced Prison Break. They've had solid hits.

Josh Trank had a fluke with Chronicle. Scott Buck was only one of many writers on Six Feet Under. They've never managed to make actual real hits.

__________________
Thread Manager Is My Most Hated Mod

Last edited by Dasher10; 08-09-2017 at 10:16 PM.
Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 03:23 AM   #857
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 48,390
Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Kane View Post
Buck will. Hell, he got the boot from Iron Fist
No he didn't. He is off Iron Fist because he's working on this show.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 03:49 AM   #858
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 41,525
Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
I don't feel like Scott Buck will ever work in Hollywood again. He's the new Josh Trank.

Let's put it this way. Tim Story also did the Ride Along series and Brett Ratner also did the Rush Hour movies and executive produced Prison Break. They've had solid hits.

Josh Trank had a fluke with Chronicle. Scott Buck was only one of many writers on Six Feet Under. They've never managed to make actual real hits.
What if Josh Trank and Scott Buck get together to form their own studio and make comic movies to rival Marvel?

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 05:48 AM   #859
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 41,525
Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
Haha... Id say this is bordering on Corman's FF
Except that Corman's FF is held in higher regard than FFINO. Corman was held back by his budget and 90s production values. He had a much better vision though and was far more faithful to the comic. Had he been given the same budget as Trank and was making it today, imagine what he could've accomplished.

Trank and Kinberg have no excuse. So FFINO is definitely worse and the absolute bottom of the barrel. FFINO also could only manage in its entire domestic run less than what Fantastic Four (2005) and FF: ROTSS made in their opening weekends individually.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"

Last edited by Dark Raven; 08-10-2017 at 05:52 AM.
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:20 AM   #860
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 47,002
Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

Buck got replaced by someone better in Iron Fist.

__________________
RIP Vartha!
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 04:07 PM   #861
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 48,390
Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

Do we really know for certain Raven Metzner will do a better job?

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 05:22 PM   #862
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 47,002
Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Do we really know for certain Raven Metzner will do a better job?
I liked his run on Sleepy Hollow.

__________________
RIP Vartha!
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 05:48 PM   #863
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick
 
Mike Murdock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The other Hell's Kitchen
Posts: 8,526
Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
A lot of inaccuracies in that article.

Another thing, this show was rushed through production in a matter of months.
The rush of production is probably my biggest concern about this whole thing. They clearly had a hard deadline so I get why (and I think that is honestly the only reason one would hire Buck). Rushing of production has fixable problems and unfixable problems. When it comes to writing, filming, set design, etc., the solution for season two is simple: take a step back and figure out what was done right and wrong and take your time to fix it. A problem that can't be fixed is casting, though. So one has to hope the casting is good enough if they're given better material.

That being said, I have no idea how many productions are "rushed" that turn out fine. I'd rather not see something rushed, but I suspect we only really hear about it if it falls apart.

__________________
Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 07:24 PM   #864
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!
 
RockSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 11,718
Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Buck got replaced by someone better in Iron Fist.
My 2 year old niece is a showrunner now...?

__________________
All Lives Matter is right up there with Let Them Eat Cake. --Samax Amen

https://www.facebook.com/MythworldeMedia/
RockSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:50 PM   #865
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 48,390
Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
The rush of production is probably my biggest concern about this whole thing. They clearly had a hard deadline so I get why (and I think that is honestly the only reason one would hire Buck). Rushing of production has fixable problems and unfixable problems. When it comes to writing, filming, set design, etc., the solution for season two is simple: take a step back and figure out what was done right and wrong and take your time to fix it. A problem that can't be fixed is casting, though. So one has to hope the casting is good enough if they're given better material.

That being said, I have no idea how many productions are "rushed" that turn out fine. I'd rather not see something rushed, but I suspect we only really hear about it if it falls apart.
One arguable example is Back to the Future. They started filming that movie with a completely different lead in Eric Stoltz. It just wasn't working. Michael J. Fox was who they wanted, and he basically was brought in to replace Stoltz after filming had already started. From the original DVD releases, they basically started filming the first Back to the Future with Fox in January 1985. However, once the studio realized they had a potential winner on their hands and wanted to see if they could get it ready in time for a summer release, Bob Gale and Zemeckis told the Universal brass, write some checks and they could get things done quicker. They got it done in time for the summer release and the rest is history.

Another is the first X-Men movie, for better or worse. The problems of the first film are well documented. Singer just managed to really hit a goldmine with Hugh Jackman as Wolverine and basically made him the center of the film, and audiences really took to that. But you can watch the documentary for the original X-Men DVD release, and you can see the crew going bonkers when they got handed their release date of July 2000 from Fox. Because they started filming in like mid-1999. Ian McKellan basically went straight to Lord of the Rings once he was done with X-Men.

So yeah, it's RARE, but there are exceptions to the rule. I just think in the case of Inhumans, it didn't help the production with the talent involved.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:01 AM   #866
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 10,434
Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

Eh, while I doubt Scott Buck did himself any favors here, I doubt he'll "never work again". Josh Trank didn't get blacklisted for being incompetent, he got blacklisted for apparently being a horror show to work with, and also, for going *publicly* insane. It means that *even if you only want a director of Trank's quality*, your still going to pass because he's a PITA to work with and might explode on Twitter.

Scott Buck, by contrast? Will probably continue getting work, for the same reason Ratner does: he may not be good, but he finishes on time and is inoffensive behind the scenes.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:24 AM   #867
Zarex
Side-Kick
 
Zarex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5,558
Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
One arguable example is Back to the Future. They started filming that movie with a completely different lead in Eric Stoltz. It just wasn't working. Michael J. Fox was who they wanted, and he basically was brought in to replace Stoltz after filming had already started. From the original DVD releases, they basically started filming the first Back to the Future with Fox in January 1985. However, once the studio realized they had a potential winner on their hands and wanted to see if they could get it ready in time for a summer release, Bob Gale and Zemeckis told the Universal brass, write some checks and they could get things done quicker. They got it done in time for the summer release and the rest is history.

Another is the first X-Men movie, for better or worse. The problems of the first film are well documented. Singer just managed to really hit a goldmine with Hugh Jackman as Wolverine and basically made him the center of the film, and audiences really took to that. But you can watch the documentary for the original X-Men DVD release, and you can see the crew going bonkers when they got handed their release date of July 2000 from Fox. Because they started filming in like mid-1999. Ian McKellan basically went straight to Lord of the Rings once he was done with X-Men.

So yeah, it's RARE, but there are exceptions to the rule. I just think in the case of Inhumans, it didn't help the production with the talent involved.
If I am remembering correctly Singer deferred salary to increase the budget for fx shots - specifically for Magneto walking across floating metallic plates.

If the answer for the shoddy looking Inhumans is, like these other two productions, "Throw money at it", will the Mouse step up? They just sunk big wads of cash into the "pink slime" settlement and the Bam Tech buyout, but another hit to Marvel television could curb interest in Cloak & Dagger, Squirrel Girl & the New Warriors and anything else they have in the pipeline.

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:54 AM   #868
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 48,390
Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

I doubt it. Inhumans is probably low risk since IMAX likely paid for most of it anyway. It's not at the point where Disney/ABC is going to throw more money at it.

Also, Universal put more money into Back to the Future because the film was looking so good at that point and they really thought it could be a big summer release for them. That's why they put more money into it to get it ready by the summer just months after it was filming.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk

Last edited by TheVileOne; 08-11-2017 at 12:10 PM.
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:07 PM   #869
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 41,525
Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

Scott should try his hand at Buck to the Future. This time round there won't be any time travel. It will be Doc Brown just explaining his theory of time travel for 2 hours.

Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 05:33 PM   #870
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 32,986
Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

Thinking back to storylines like War Of Kings and then thinking of this show is depressing.

I wasn't opposed to a TV show when it was announced. But more and more I think this should have been a movie.

__________________
2017 movie ratings out of 10:

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Wonder Woman-9(5)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(6)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(7)John Wick 2-8(8)Split-8(9)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(10)Alien Covenant-7(11)Ghost In The Shell-7(12)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(13)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
AVEITWITHJAMON is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:43 PM   #871
samsnee
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,575
Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

I may not like Buck's work but I would never wish on anyone the misery of never being able to make an income.

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:42 PM   #872
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 48,390
Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

Nothing against Scott Buck. Don't want him to not get work. However, I think he's just not a good fit for Marvel TV at this point. yeah, I get it. The guy is just trying to work and do his job. He's probably not a bad person, but it doesn't make him immune to criticism of his work either.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 11:12 AM   #873
samsnee
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,575
Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

Exactly. Let him get work with something less high profile. Comic books fans are some of the hardest fan base to please. You need to really have a vision which he didn't really have.

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 11:20 AM   #874
2kt09
Here 'N' There
 
2kt09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 5,967
Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
Exactly. Let him get work with something less high profile. Comic book fans are some of the hardest fan base to please. You need to really have a vision which he didn't really have.
lol

__________________
Make Marvel Animation Great Again
Cook and Weisman's The Spectacular Spider-Man is to cbtv what Singer's X-Men were to cbm's
MCU_________DCU_________X-MCU
Whedon-----Guggenheim_____Kinberg
Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 11:36 AM   #875
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 41,525
Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

Give Scott Buck a sequel to Fifty Shades of Grey. That's full of board meetings!

Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.