The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fandom Come > Fan Fiction & Films

Old 08-01-2017, 04:37 PM   #1
ZeroDarkThirty
Side-Kick

Default X-Men: Ascent of the Phoenix

Disclaimer-I do not own X-Men movies, comics, shows, etc. This is a sequel to my previous story X-Men: The Hope Serum.

INT. MADISON SQUARE GARDEN-NIGHT-(OVERHEAD SHOT)

The world's most famous arena was being filled into by ATTENDANTS for tonight's entertainment. On the front of the building a glossy photo of 'The Golden Age of Circus' hung.

INT. PARKING GARAGE

A silver Mercedes AMG and a red Dodge Charger parked next to each other. The doors of the Mercedes opened and out stepped LOGAN, ORORO MUNROE, WARREN WORTHINGTON III, and KITTY PRYDE.

LOGAN:
Explain to me again why we couldn't have just gotten a burger and a few beers?

ORORO:
They aren't old enough to drink.

LOGAN:
That's my point. We could have just dropped them off.

ORORO:
Come on, give it a chance.

LOGAN:
I think the parking spaces cost more than the damn tickets.

WARREN:
How would you know? My dad got us the tickets.

KITTY:
You two stop, this will be fun. Tonight other people get to be the freaks for a change.

ORORO:
Kitty.

KITTY:
I'm just saying.

The doors of the Dodge then opened and BOBBY DRAKE, ROGUE, PITOR RASPUTIN, and JUBILATION LEE got out. The eight of them then walked together.

BOBBY:
I can't believe we're actually doing something normal tonight.

PITOR:
Tell me about it. These Danger Room sessions are wiping me out.

Ororo smiled.

ORORO:
Well, Logan and I both agreed that you deserve it. You've all done extremely well.

PITOR:
Thank you, Ms. Munroe.

ORORO:
I told you that you can call me Ororo for now on.

PITOR:
Sorry, old habits.

JUBILEE:
Speaking of Danger Room sessions, when am I going to get the chance to train with you guys?

ROGUE:
Trust me, Jubilee. It's not as fun as you might think.

BOBBY:
Listen to Rogue. We just our first session at level eight a week ago. I'm still sore from it.

JUBILEE:
Still, I want to start training so I can be on the team. To fight with you guys.

LOGAN:
You just graduated kid, take it slow. You'll get your chance. Tell you what, tomorrow I'll start you on the beginners level.

JUBILEE:
You mean it?

LOGAN:
Sure.

JUBILEE:
Excellent!

INT. DRESSING ROOM

Dressed in a red tuxedo and black top hat, THE RINGMASTER stood in front of his performers as they got ready.

Amongst them was STRONG GUY, a man whose body was disproportionately large and over-muscled. WOLFSBANE, a teenage girl who could transform into a wolf. PIXIE, another teenage girl who had colorful wings that allowed her to fly.

DOUBLE-HEADER was a mutant who had two heads. LONGSHOT, a younger man that was an expert with bladed weapons and could manipulate probability. Last but not least was DAZZLER, an attractive young woman with the ability to convert sound into light beams of various forms and intensity.

RINGMASTER:
The show is about to begin. Is everyone ready?

DAZZLER:
We were born ready, babe.

RINGMASTER:
Now that's the attitude. Where is our newest member?

PIXIE:
I'm sure he'll be here any second. He's a teleporter right?

Before the Ringmaster could answer he was suddenly grabbed and pulled into the hallway.

INT. HALLWAY

FRED DUKES, a mutant that stood six-foot eight, five hundred and fifty pounds pushed him against the wall.

FRED:
You owe me some money.

RINGMASTER:
We'll talk about this later, Blob.

FRED:
No. If I don't get paid upfront, then I don't go out there.

RINGMASTER:
If you don't perform, than you'll be fired!

FRED:
So that's how it's going to be?

RINGMASTER:
Yeah, that's how it's going to be. Throw your weight around somewhere else.

Fred narrowed his eyes as the Ringmaster walked off. Just then Longshot joined him in the hallway.

FRED:
It's time we took over this operation.

LONGSHOT:
Just say the word. I've got about a dozen guys waiting in the wings.

INT. ARENA

Once the crowd had settled in their seats the lights go down and a spotlight appears in the center ring. Holding a microphone, the Ringmaster walked in and addressed the crowd.

RINGMASTER:
Ladies and gentleman, children of all ages! I give to you the Golden Age of Circus!

Everyone looked up in amazement as Pixie came flying in, throwing her pixie dust into the air. Double-Header was next as entered with two torches in hand. One head turned to the left, the other to the right as he breathed fire.

The show continued on with Wolfsbane standing in front of a giant piece of plywood while Longshot threw different kinds of knives at her. The audience gasped with each throw as they just missed the teenage girl.

Dazzler wowed the crowd with her different kinds of lights before Blob came out.

RINGMASTER:
The unmovable Blob!

Strong Guy took a running start before tackling him with all his might. Blob didn't move an inch. Longshot then took out a shotgun and fired blanks which simply bounced off his stomach as he laughed.

The Ringmaster took to the mic again.

RINGMASTER:
And now ladies and gentleman, I give you...the Incredible Nightcrawler!

The spotlight swings up high, near the ceiling, where stands NIGHTCRAWLER. His tail protrudes from the back of his red and black costume. He waves to the audience, then leaps to the swing in the center of the tent. The group of eight, his former teammates began clapping and whistling upon seeing him.

RINGMASTER:
Remove the nets!

Several crew members took the nets away. Nightcrawler took a deep breath, and swings from one swing to the next. He grabs a third with his tail, then swings upward. He falls, fast, nearly hitting the ground.

BAMF!

The audience gasps as he disappears, then applauds as he reappears on the platform from which he started, bowing deeply. A deep smile came over Ororo's face as she clapped.

Just then, Longshot looked to Blob and nodded. About a dozen men with ski-masks then entered the arena with guns. The audience screamed as they fired warning shots into the air. Blob then walked to the Ringmaster and knocked him out with a single punch. He then grabbed the microphone.

BLOB:
Listen up people! Show's over! We want your money and jewelry! Hand it over peacefully and you won't get hurt!

A half of dozen men in ski masks then made their way into the audience with guns pointed as the snatched people's wallets, purses and other belongings.

DAZZLER:
Fred, what the hell are you doing!?

Longshot pulled out a large knife and pointed it at her.

LONGSHOT:
Shut up! You all stay back!

The group of mutants did what they were told as back in the audience the kids looked to Logan and Ororo who motioned for them to get up.

LOGAN:
Let's go.

Warren shook his head as they all crouched as low as they could.

WARREN:
I knew this was going too well.

But just then, one of Blob's men swung the spotlight over to them.

BLOB:
What's this? Some people think they can get away?

The group spun around as several guys began approaching them on both sides. Suddenly, Pitor metaled up and punched one of the men, knocking him out cold. Bobby quickly froze the steps, making the men coming up after them tumble back down.

Blob smirked when he saw it.

BLOB: (Con't)
Other mutants, huh?

Kitty grabbed a hold of Warren when she saw another guy coming at them and they phased through the steps down to the ground below.

Warren gasped.

WARREN:
Don't ever do that again.

Kitty rolled her eyes.

KITTY:
Whatever.

Back on the steps, Ororo punched one of the men, before being grabbed by someone else. Before he could get a chance to do anything-

BAMF!

Nightcrawler teleported her out of harms way, all the way up to the platform near the ceiling.

NIGHTCRAWLER:
Are you alright?

ORORO:
I'm fine.

NIGHTCRAWLER:
What's going on?

Meanwhile, Logan was trying to go the floor to go after Blob when he was hit by something sharp in the back of the neck causing him to yell out in anger at the unexpected painful impact. Reaching behind him, he pulled a Chinese throwing star from his neck.

Spinning around, he saw Longshot smirking at him as he got ready to throw more.

LOGAN:
Nice shot, bub. Want to try again?

LONGSHOT:
Certainly. I never miss.

Longshot threw another.

SNIKT!

Logan sliced it away as he ran forward. Longshot backed away as he threw another only to get it sliced away again. Quickly pulling out two daggers, Longshot blocked as Logan threw a clawed right hand at him and stabbed him in the ribcage. Before he could stab him again, Jubilee ran at them and began shocking Longshot with her 'fireworks'.

It blinded Longshot and threw him off guard long enough for Logan to recover, grab a hold of him and headbutt him with his adamantium skull, knocking him out.

Logan cracked his neck as he looked to Jubilee.

LOGAN:
Thanks kid.

JUBILEE:
I'm apart of the team now, right?

LOGAN:
No.

An angry Blob then stomped his way towards Warren and Kitty and cracked his knuckles.

BLOB:
So, some mutie kids ruined my plans. I'm going to teach you both a lesson you'll never forget.

KITTY:
Muties? Are you kidding me? No one could be such an enormous fatass without being a mutant!

Warren touched her shoulder.

WARREN:
Whoa, down girl.

BLOB:
What the hell did you say to me!

Blob then charged at Kitty and phased right through her.

KITTY:
Oh, gross!

Warren quickly peeled off his shirt and extended his wings. He wrapped his arms around Kitty's waist and took off into the air as Blob came back around and charged at them again.

Back in the stands, Pitor, Bobby, and Rogue were fighting off the rest of Blob's men. Rogue's eyes widened when she saw one of them point their gun straight at Bobby's head.

ROGUE:
Bobby watch out!

Bobby spun around but tripped over his own feet and ended up tumbling down the stairs. Rogue then ripped off a glove and lunged forward, grabbing the man's arm. The horrible feeling of draining someone's life force then went through Rogue as the man dropped to the ground.

Blob came at the fallen teenager as Bobby staggered his way back to his feet. Nightcrawler then teleported onto Blob's back and covered his eyes with his three-fingered hands.

NIGHTCRAWLER:
Peek-a-boo!

Blob reached up and tossed Nightcrawler away as a strong wind whipped around them all. Storm came down from the top of the arena, her eyes burn white as she manipulates the weather around her. The wind pummels Blob, threatening to move him. As the wind continued to pelt him, he grimaces, but remains firmly planted in place.

BLOB:
Nothing...moves...the Blob!

Storm then strengthens the winds as much as she possibly can. Slowly, Blob lifts a half an inch off the ground. It is enough. The wind sends him flying a few feet away before crashing to the ground.

STORM:
Bobby freeze him!

Bobby extended his hands, and ice restrains Blob to the ground. Storm landed on the ground, visibly strained.

STORM: (Con't)
Well, that's that.

As the eight of them gathered together, they were approached by the group of circus mutants.

PIXIE:
Wow, that was amazing.

ROGUE:
The same could be said about you.

WOLFSBANE:
Yeah but, we could never do that.

BOBBY:
Are you guys treated good?

STRONG GUY:
Yeah. I don't know what their problem was.

He looked back at Blob who continued to curse in his ice-restraints.

NIGHTCRAWLER:
Sorry you didn't get to see the whole show.

ORORO:
It's okay Kurt, it wasn't your fault. I'm the one who sorry. I know this is the type of thing you were trying to get away from.

They all then heard the sound of sirens approaching.

LOGAN:
We need to get out of here.

NIGHTCRAWLER:
Need a hand?

LOGAN:
It'd be nice.

The eight of them of them gathered around their former teammate and each took a hold of him.

NIGHTCRAWLER:
Hold on tight.

BAMF!

INT. LOG CABIN-CANADA-FOLLOWING DAY

SCOTT SUMMERS was sitting on the edge of the bed. He looked very disheveled as he hadn't shaven in weeks. His hair had grown longer and his skin was pale.

He continued to just sit there and stare at the floor when suddenly he heard a voice;

JEAN: (V.O)
Scott.

Scott looked around the room.

Scott...can you hear me?

SCOTT:
Jean?

INT. ALKALI LAKE

In his mind's eye he sees Jean at Alkali Lake, drowning.

Scott!

The lake parts slightly.

I'm still here...

INT. LOG CABIN

Scott shook his head, as though shaking the thoughts away. His cell phone then rang. He dug into his pocket for it and reluctantly answered the call.

SCOTT:
Hello?

VOICE:
Scott.

INT. XAVIER INSTITUTE-XAVIER'S OFFICE

PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER sat in his office, talking to Scott on speaker-phone as Logan and Ororo were also in the room and could listen in on the conversation.

XAVIER:
I think it's time for you to come home, Scott. You've been at that log cabin for three months now.

SCOTT: (O.S)
I can't leave Professor.

XAVIER:
You left here so you could take some time to properly grieve, than move on with your life. You've only made things worse for yourself.

INT. LOG CABIN

SCOTT:
She keeps calling to me. She's alive, Professor. Jean is alive. And she's coming back any time now. I have to be here when that happens.

XAVIER: (O.S)
Jean is not communicating with you, Scott. She's gone. Jean is dead.

SCOTT:
You don't understand, we share a psychic bond. I don't know how, but Jean is alive!

XAVIER: (O.S)
Scott, you cannot keep doing this to yourself!

Scott then got up and threw his cell phone against the wall causing it to break into pieces.

INT. XAVIER'S OFFICE

Xavier shook his head as he looked to Logan and Ororo, both seemed uncomfortable after listening to that.

XAVIER:
So you see, he refuses to leave. He's convinced that Jean is still alive.

ORORO:
What can we do?

XAVIER:
We need to go up to Alkali Lake. Get him to come back with us.

LOGAN:
What if he won't do that?

XAVIER:
Than I'll make him.

Both Logan and Ororo looked at each other, a little taken aback by the Professor's statement.

XAVIER: (Con't)
Normally, I would never...

He took a deep breath.

XAVIER:
But I care too much for Scott to let him continue to do this to himself. I refuse to lose him like I lost Jean. Not when there's something I can do this time.

ORORO:
Okay. I'll get the jet ready.

INT. DEPARTMENT OF MUTANT AFFAIRS-WASHINGTON D.C

HENRY MCCCOY stepped into the building taking a quick glance at his STAFF MEMBERS at their desks, all on the phone. There was a lot of commotion, same as any other day. Some of them still looked at him strange, but Hank was use to the stare.

Hank then looked to the flatscreen mounted on the center of the left wall. It was broadcasting the events of yesterday in which PRESIDENT MCKENNA added mutants to anti-discrimination laws. It was a big victory for the mutant community.

By this time, the chief member of his staff, CAROL DANVERS, an attractive blonde mutant with several different abilities came up to him.

CAROL:
Hank, there appears to be a situation.

HANK:
What is it?

CAROL:
We were informed that down in Florida a Trask Enterprises truck was attacked last night by a mutant and a shipment it was carrying stolen. Several witnesses have been interviewed and security tapes are being reviewed as we speak.

HANK:
That's good, Carol. Very good.

CAROL:
As you know, the department of defense is going to think that Magneto was responsible.

HANK:
Ah yes, the usual suspect. Well, it's highly likely that he was behind it. Is there anything else I should know?

CAROL:
Secretary Creed is waiting for you in your office.

Hank sighed.

HANK:
Thanks for the head's up.

INT. HENRY'S OFFICE

Sitting in one of the chairs across from the desk was the Secretary of Defense, GRAYDON CREED. Hank opened the door and walked into the room, taking off his jacket and hung it on the coat rack.

HANK:
Graydon. To what do I owe the pleasure of your visit? If it's about the Trask Enterprise truck, Carol just informed me of it.

The other man stood up.

GRAYDON:
It's not only that, Secretary McCoy. I've come to let you know that a convoy that was holding two mutant prisoners was attacked last night. They escaped and four federal agents were killed.

HANK:
I told you that keeping mutant prisoners mobile was a bad idea.

GRAYDON:
Well is case you haven't noticed Hank, we're having a hard time trying to figure out what to do with these animals. And with your agency always breathing down our necks about not being too harsh with them we're running low on ideas.

HANK:
So what do you suggest?

GRAYDON:
A strong facility, maybe on some kind of island, not easy to access-

HANK:
That's been tried already. Remember Alcatraz?

GRAYDON:
Not this time. We'll be one step ahead.

Graydon bent down to pick up a suitcase. He opened it up and took out what looked to be a blue, metallic collar.

GRAYDON:
This was what was stolen from the truck down in Florida. It's called a mutant inhibitor collar.

HANK:
A what?

GRAYDON:
Something Trask Enterprises designed. Through electronic means, the collar prevents a particular being from consciously using their mutation, successfully neutralizing them. I brought this for you to examine.

He then handed Hank the collar.

HANK:
Of course. I'll have to see what effect it has on a mutant's well-being.

GRAYDON:
It doesn't harm the wearer, it just renders them powerless.

He then handed Hank a remote.

GRAYDON: (Con't)
The only way to get it off once it's placed on is by pressing this button on the remote.

HANK:
Thank you.

GRAYDON:
So what are you doing about Magneto? And his associates, Mystique, Sabretooth...

HANK:
We're actively pursuing all leads.

GRAYDON:
I'll bet.

HANK:
We are. Magneto has sort of went off the radar over the last few months. The convoy attack sounds like him, we'll look more into that. But with what happened in Florida, he can't be in two places at once.

Graydon then turned to leave. He opened the door and looked back at Hank one last time.

GRAYDON:
My department and I are getting impatient. If you don't take the necessary steps in catching this guy, we will.

HANK:
It's not a competition Graydon. You know that Magneto doesn't stay quiet for very long. When he makes his move, we'll be there to apprehend him.

GRAYDON:
No, we will be there to apprehend him, not a group of mutant vigilantes. You tell the X-Men to stay out of it.

Right after Graydon left, Hank took a seat at his desk and began looking over the mutant inhibitor. Just then, Carol stuck her head in.

CAROL:
How'd it go?

HANK:
About how you'd expect. So, do you find out anymore about the tunnels?

CAROL:
Yes. I've found the blueprints for them.

HANK:
Great.

Carol brought them in with her and unrolled the blueprints on his desk for Hank do take a look at. Tunnels that were beneath several different states that were currently being occupied by the MORLOCKS.

CAROL:
Apparently they've been living underground for years now. Coming up every so often to steal food and medical supplies. But from what we've gathered, no violent crimes can be attributed to them.

HANK:
The government is prepared to offer them safe space in a sanctuary city in exchange for their corporation in leaving those tunnels.

CAROL:
Who's going to negotiate with them?

HANK:
You're looking at him.

CAROL:
It's not a good idea to go down there alone, we have no idea of how many live in those tunnels. You're going to need some help.

Hank smiled

HANK:
I think I know just the right people.

Last edited by ZeroDarkThirty; 08-28-2017 at 04:16 PM.
ZeroDarkThirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 04:42 PM   #2
ZeroDarkThirty
Side-Kick

Default Re: X-Men: Ascent of the Phoenix

EXT. MARAUDERS COMPOUND-FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA-DAY

A large concrete building sits out on the horizon on an otherwise beautiful landscape of gently rolling hills. A freshwater lake surrounds the facility as does a vast series of plants and trees.

INT. LABORATORY

A large, airless room, devoid of windows, filled with computers and top of- the-line equipment to examine DNA. Sitting at one of the computers, SCRAMBLER, a small Korean mutant typed, going over something his boss had given him.

Just then, RIPTIDE, a Spanish-American mutant with slicked back dark hair and could honestly pass for a male model walked into the room. He watched Scrambler work for a moment before he was suddenly and violently thrown backwards into the wall by an invisible force.

He then started to choke as he could no longer breath.

VOICE:
What part of keep a low profile did you not understand?

The calm, but angry deep voice came from the shadows as only a pair of glowing red eyes could be seen.

Stepping out into the light, was a tall figure wearing a black cape with red satin lining with his fist clenched in front of himself. He was known as SINISTER.

And his appearance matched his name. Shining red eyes with no visible pupils, a red diamond upon his forehead, just above the nose. His silky skin was milk-white and his long hair was jet black.

SINISTER:
You've been making a lot of mistakes since I've amplified your power, Riptide. I told you to just steal the shipment, as low-key as possible.

He then unclenched his fist and Riptide fell to the floor. Riptide gasped for air and rubbed his throat. After a few more deep breaths he managed to say;

RIPTIDE:
Sorry...Mr. Sinister.

SINISTER:
Don't let it happen again. We are not ready to make our move just yet.

RIPTIDE:
I'm still getting use to it. I don't know my own strength.

SINISTER:
I suggest you learn it. Quickly.

Riptide nodded.

RIPTIDE:
I will.

Sinister then looked to Scrambler who had ignored the whole thing.

SINISTER:
Scrambler.

Scrambler finished his last entry then spins around.

SCRAMBLER:
I'm not finished, just yet.

SINISTER:
I was going to ask if you identified the mutation.

SCRAMBLER:
Apparently this is the DNA of a shape-shifter.

SINISTER:
Excellent. Continue your work.

Sinister then leaves the room. As he went back to typing, Scrambler chuckled to himself and then spoke in a sing-song voice;

SCRAMBLER:
You screwed up again.

Riptide glared at Scrambler.

RIPTIDE:
Shut the hell up or I'll-

Scrambler spun around in his chair.

SCRAMBLER:
Or you'll what? Go ahead, touch me.

RIPTIDE:
You know full well I don't have to touch you to hurt you.

SCRAMBLER:
Oh yes, a raging tornado inside of this place. I'm sure that would make Sinister very happy with you.

Riptide grinded his teeth and Scrambler laughed at his obvious frustration.

As he turned back to his computer, Scrambler then noticed that a certain someone wasn't at Sinister's side like usual.

SCRAMBLER: (Con't)
Well I saw the devil. Where is the devil's favorite demon?

RIPTIDE:
Probably out looking for more recruits. That's his job isn't it?

INT. PRACTICE ROOM

The light was dim. A faint humming sound was heard as if a hoard of insects were getting ready to swarm. Suddenly the humming grows in volume as a round silver projectile, the size of a baseball came shooting out from the ceiling.

ALEXANDER SUMMERS, a young mutant in his early to mid-twenties with a short head of brown hair unleashed a light blue burst of energy from his chest, destroying it. Another projectile was released, this time from the center wall. Alex got that one as well.

He continued on, one after another before two projectiles come at him at once. Alex gets one, but ducks beneath the other.

SINISTER: (O.S)
You missed one.

ALEX:
But I didn't get hit.

Sinister walks into frame and begins to slowly circle around him.

SINISTER:
If you have the chance to destroy something, destroy it.

Another projectile comes hurling down. Alex quickly blasts it.

SINISTER: (Con't)
You're still only using one blast at a time. I amplified your powers for a reason.

Three more projectiles suddenly come at him at the same time from different directions.

BLAST! BLAST! BLAST!

Alex nails all three at the same time with three different blasts of energy, all unleashed at the same time, and done so with far more power.

SINISTER:
That's my boy. Looks like you are going to need a new mutant name.

ALEX:
You know, I'm glad you found me. I always wanted to be with other mutants. Like that group they talk about on the news.

SINISTER:
You mean the X-Men?

ALEX:
Yeah.

SINISTER:
Be glad you are not with them.

ALEX:
Why's that?

SINISTER:
They protect people who want to eliminate mutants.

ALEX:
Why would they do that?

BUZZ!

Alex quickly spins to his left and blasts two projectiles.

SINISTER:
Because they are weak-minded, pathetic fools.

Sinister then turns to leave.

Finish your practice.

BLAST!

ALEX:
So what's my new mutant name?

Turning back to look at him, Sinister smirks.

SINISTER:
Havok.

INT. XAVIER INTITUTE-MANSION GROUNDS-NIGHT

Scott and Jean had walked through the garden of the mansion together before sitting down on a bench. It was a nice evening tonight, they had just gotten finished eating dinner. It was a night they needed after Liberty Island.

JEAN:
Scott, you and I have been together for years. We're both happy in this relationship, right?

SCOTT:
Of course. Why do you ask?

JEAN:
Because I want to try something. My telepathy has been stronger since we've gotten back, and I think I can do this.

SCOTT:
What?

JEAN:
I want to create a psychic rapport between us. A bond. An ultimate bond, ultimate trust. A piece of me in you, a piece of you in me.

Scott didn't know how to respond. He laughed nervously for a second.

SCOTT:
Jean...wow.

JEAN:
I know it's a lot. It's okay to say no.

SCOTT:
Why would I say no?

JEAN:
Really?

SCOTT:
Yes.

Jean then put her hands up to his temples. After focusing for a moment, a bit of rush went through the both of them before she put her hands back down.

JEAN:
All done. Feel different?

Scott shook his head.

SCOTT:
I...I can't believe it. It feels-

JEAN:
Wonderful.

He smiled at her before leaning forward to kiss her. She wrapped her arms around his neck and at the moment nothing else mattered but the two of them...

INT. ALKALI LAKE-DAY

Scott was sitting on his parked car as he remembered that evening. He then got up and approached the lake. The lake that took the love of his life away.

In his mind's eye, Jean pushes back the water bursting from the dam with her telekinesis, while simultaneously lifting the X-Jet, with the other X-Men aboard, out of harm's way.

It's the only way.

SCOTT: (V.O)
Jean...don't do this.

Goodbye.

Then, he sees her drowning again.

Scott.

SCOTT:
Stop.

Scott...help me.

SCOTT:
Stop it.

The voices in his head grow louder. Scott covers his ears but it does nothing. Finally, he throws his head back and yells up to the sky;

SCOTT:
STOP!

Scott then violently pulled his shades off and releases the full potential of his optic blasts directly into the lake. The beams tear into the water and cut a huge swath, throwing up a massive wave in either direction. His beams travel across the lake until they hit the remains of the dam and blow large pieces of it away.

Scott continues firing until his energy is completely and utterly drained. His squeezes his eyes closed before dropping down to his knees, taking deep breath after deep breath, trying to calm himself down. The water settled back into the lake and all seems to return to normal.

Silence.

A few bubbles gurgle from the center of the lake. Then more and more, until a whirlpool forms in the center.

A pebble floats in the air and brushes past Scott's cheek. Then another. Then a leaf. Then more and more. All around him, small and large objects levitate into the air until Scott's area is surrounded by a cloud of floating leaves, rocks, stones, and twigs.

Putting his glasses back on, Scott saw what was going on around him and his brows furrowed in confusion.

SCOTT:
What the hell?

BOOM!

A violent explosion than erupts from the whirlpool as a large, gleaming object shoots out, creating a massive blast of water in every direction. The shockwave hits the shore and violently throws Scott backwards away from the edge.

He lands painfully on his back.

A creature of PURE ENERGY then rises from the depths. It glows like a living star, emanating wave after wave of telekinetic energy.

The object made of fiery light then forms the shape of a bird with expansive wings. It blinds Scott, who was shielding his eyes. It slowly flies down towards him. Inside the bird's mass of light, there was a dark silhouette of a woman. The object settles down at the edge of the outcropping.

Scott slowly stood up, mouth open, and still in pain due to how he landed and took up a defensive posture against the object. The fires and light fade out, revealing the woman.

It was JEAN GREY.

She was alive...reborn. She blinked and few times before she looked down at her limbs, stunned and disoriented. Scott muttered to himself;

SCOTT:
A dream...has to be a dream.

Jean looked up. She seemed real. She blinks, slowly recognizing him.

JEAN:
Scott?

SCOTT:
Jean…how?

Jean looks at her glowing limbs again, feeling her power.

JEAN:
I...I don't know.

Scott slowly takes a step towards Jean, then freezes. His hands are visibly trembling, and his legs are unsteady as his entire body shakes. Jean then smiled.

JEAN: (Con't)
You came for me…

SCOTT:
I knew it. I just knew it.

Scott closes the gap, reaches out to Jean and puts his arms around her. To his amazement, she is real and solid and the two move in for a tight, loving embrace. Jean melts into him, smiling and wraps him in his arms. Scott puts his chin on her shoulder and tears slowly roll down his cheeks.

SCOTT: (Con't)
I thought I lost you, Jean...thought I lost you forever...

JEAN:
I'm here. I'm really here.

Scott clutches her and holds on as tight as he can. He squeezes too hard and Jean gasped loudly with a wide-eyed look of alarm. He quickly let go and looked her over.

SCOTT:
What happened? Are you alright?

Jean lowered herself to the ground and Scott followed. He then remembered.

Your leg was broken.

JEAN:
It's not my leg. Something's wrong.

Neither Scott nor Jean noticed a large mass of water starting to vaporize into the air around them, going faster and faster as Jean became more anxious and agitated. Her eyes then started to glow orange and Scott became even more alarmed.

SCOTT:
Jean, what is it?

JEAN:
I don't know! I can't-!

The water vapor then exploded in a blast of telekinetic energy. Scott was catapulted through the air, flying into the trees of the nearby forest. Jean was knocked off the outcropping by the force of the blast and landed on the rocky shoreline, hitting her head on a large rock which knocked her unconscious.

The vapors quickly spread into a thick fog that settles in around Alkali Lake.

Last edited by ZeroDarkThirty; 08-07-2017 at 04:26 AM.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:37 PM   #3
ZeroDarkThirty
Side-Kick

INT. X-JET-DAY

The X-Jet sliced through the clouds as Ororo sat in the pilot's seat, Xavier sitting next to her while Logan paced in the back. They sat in silence when suddenly Xavier heard someone call to him, telepathically.

JEAN: (O.S)
Professor!

Xavier groaned loudly as he clutched his head and tumbled to the floor of the jet.

ORORO:
Professor!

Logan had saw what had happened and ran to his side. He carefully grabbed his arms and helped him back into his seat.

LOGAN:
What happened?

Once he saw sitting again, Xavier's eyes darted to the sides as he tried to communicate with whomever it was that just contacted him.

ORORO:
Are you okay?

XAVIER:
I sensed something. Scott is at the lake...something has happened there.

LOGAN:
What?

XAVIER:
I don't know. I'm trying to concentrate but…my telepathy is being blocked.

INT. ALKALI LAKE

Arriving at Alkali Lake, Ororo sat the jet down as gently as possible before lowering the ramp. Logan pushed the Professor's wheelchair down, and immediately entered a thick fog.

LOGAN:
I can't see a damn thing.

Ororo's eyes rolled in the back of her head and the fog quickly dissipates. Logan looked incredulously at the multitude of the floating rocks littering the air. Droplets of water fall upwards from leaves.

LOGAN:
What's happening here?

Ororo looked to the Professor.

ORORO:
Do you sense anything now?

XAVIER:
By the woods.

Logan began making his way towards the woods. He sniffed and he sensed the presence of another person. He suddenly heard a groan and he quickly ran until he saw a man laying on his side on the ground, trying to get back to his feet.

It was Scott.

Running over to his side, Logan gently grabbed him and helped him sit up.

LOGAN:
Scott? What happened? What are you doing here?

Scott completely ignored him and looked around widely.

SCOTT:
Jean? Where is she?

LOGAN:
What are you talking about?

SCOTT:
She's alive! Jean is alive!

Scott staggered to his feet and tried to run but he nearly collapsed again. Logan caught him and threw his arm over his shoulder, helping him back to the jet but Scott tried getting away from him the whole time.

LOGAN:
Stop fighting me.

SCOTT:
No! Find Jean!

Meanwhile, Ororo was making her way down to the lake when she stopped in her tracks at what she saw…or rather what she didn't see.

The lake…Alkali Lake was gone.

The water was completely dried up, what she saw in front of her was a giant mass of land. Her mouth hung open in shock as she continued looking upon what use to be a lake, too stunned to take her eyes off of it. Finally, she heard the yell of the Professor;

XAVIER:
Ororo! Logan!

She forced herself to turn around and run towards the rocks, where she had heard the Professor's call to her. When she finally reached him she stopped again at what he was looking down at. A woman.

Jean.

Xavier then spoke in a whisper, so soft she barely heard him;

She's alive. Scott was right.

In disbelief, Ororo went over and dropped down next to her. Jean's eyelids fluttered briefly, but didn't open. That motion but her in action.

ORORO:
Logan! Over here!

Having taken Scott to the jet, Logan ran to the rocks after hearing Ororo yell and his eyes widened in shock when he saw Xavier and Ororo hovering over the body of Jean Grey.

LOGAN:
Jean?

ORORO:
We have to get her medical attention.

Logan forced himself to move forward and gently picked Jean up, carrying her back to the jet as Ororo pushed Xavier's wheelchair.

INT. X-JET

SCOTT:
Jean? Is she alright?

Scott looked on as Logan ran up the ramp and carefully placed her down on the floor of the jet.

LOGAN:
I don't know. We need to get her back to the mansion.

SCOTT:
I told you, Professor! Damn it, why couldn't you listen to me!?

Xavier didn't respond once he and Ororo were on the jet, Ororo ran over to the pilot's seat.

ORORO:
I'll try to get us back as fast as I can.

XAVIER:
Wait Ororo, not to the mansion.

ORORO:
Then where?

Xavier closed his eyes for a moment before looking over to Ororo.

XAVIER:
Muir Island.

INT. XAVIER INSTITUTE-STUDENT LOUNGE

Warren and Kitty were on the couch, Kitty sitting on Warren's lap as they smiled at each other. Kitty then leaned down to kiss him-

JUBILEE:
Hey guys, have you seen Logan anywhere?

Warren sighed as Jubilee walked in.

KITTY:
We saw the jet take off a little bit ago. He must have left. The Professor and Storm are gone too.

JUBILEE:
But Logan was supposed to let me train today.

WARREN:
Jub, has anyone ever told you...that you're annoying?

Letting out a fake gasp, Jubilee then reached out and flicked Warren in the ear.

WARREN:
Ow!

JUBILEE:
My job is to annoy you.

WARREN:
Well, you're great at your job.

Pitor then walked in, having heard the conversation.

PITOR:
I'll do the introductory session with you, Jubilee. It will take my mind off some things.

JUBILEE:
Thank you, Pitor. You guys want to come?

Warren looked to Kitty who shrugged.

KITTY:
Why not? The movie we were going to see doesn't start for another hour.

Kitty and Warren got up and walked with Pitor and Jubilee down to the Danger Room.

INT. THE DANGER ROOM

While Pitor set the controls, Jubilee stood with Warren and Kitty looking around the large, domed room with a somewhat stunned look on her face. It was a little overwhelming being in here.

JUBILEE:
Now, uh...just how dangerous is this?

KITTY:
Well, there's a safety protocol installed to prevent fatalities, but you can get hurt.

WARREN:
I've gotten hurt a few times.

Jubilee now looked scared which Kitty noticed.

KITTY:
You sure you want to do this?

JUBILEE:
What? Yes...of course I'm sure.

Pitor then walked in and the doors closed behind him. The room began to do its usual thing, as it changed into the level 1 setting. The group of four then found themselves...

INT. XAVIER INSTITUTE-GROUNDS-NIGHT

They were now standing in front of the school. Jubilee looked around before she could see in the distance a bunch of soldiers coming at them. Colossus metaled up while Archangel extended his wings.

JUBILEE:
What do we do?

COLOSSUS:
Defend the school. Stop the soldiers from getting in.

SHADOWCAT:
We have to stop them for two minutes. That's how long the session is.

Jubilee nodded as she began sending blasts of her fireworks at the soldiers. Shadowcat dove forward and grabbed one around the knees before dragging him through the ground, leaving him sunken in at chest level.

Archangel spun, taking out two with his wings. Colossus picked up one and tossed him far up into the air, he crash landed on a group of three soldiers. He then looked over at Jubilee.

COLOSSUS:
Keep going! You're doing fine!

Colossus hit one with a punch, then another. A solider then ran right through Shadowcat but she spun around and grabbed his shoulders, slamming him to the ground. Archangel used his wings to lung up and smash his forehead against the head of a solider.

Some more continued coming at them and Jubilee even more sparks while the others continued fighting. They didn't have much time left and so they were close to successfully completing the level. Shadowcat leveled a solider with a punch, then a kick to the jaw. Jubilee tried to throw a punch herself but her wrist was caught. She sent sparks into his eyes and the solider cried out as he was blinded and stumbled around until he was closelined by Colossus.

Finally, about a dozen soldiers came at them at the same time. Archangel, Shadowcat, Jubilee, and Colossus all grabbed each others arms, forming a human chain but just as quick as they appeared they began to vanish into nothing. The grounds of the school started to disappear as the Danger Room shifted back into its normal self.

COMPUTER VOICE:
Simulation complete.

Jubilee panted.

JUBILEE:
Wow, that was fun. Let's do that again.

She was afraid at first, but a bright smile was now on her face. At that moment she knew that she had found her calling.

This was what she was born to do.

INT. BEACH-FLORIDA-AFTERNOON

Standing with his back up against a lifeguard tower, a gold lighter with a design of a dragon was opened, lit, and the closed. PYRO was watching the waves as he repeated the action. He was surprised that no one was at the beach today, or at least not at the part he was currently at.

Absent-mindedly, he formed a fireball in his right hand and began playing around with it for a minute before extinguishing it. He then continued to stare at the water while playing with his lighter at the same time.

VOICE:
Mon ami, you got a cigarette?

Pyro must have really been daydreaming because he never saw the guy walk up. GAMBIT, a young man around his age, maybe a few years older stood a few feet from him. He was wearing a brown leather trench coat, black gloves with the fingers cut off and a pair of WX sunglasses.

PYRO:
Sorry, I don't smoke.

GAMBIT:
Ya seem to have a strong attachment to that lighter, for a non-smoker.

PYRO:
You have no idea.

Gambit then walked up and leaned against the tower next to him before pulling out a pack of playing cards that he began shuffling in his hands.

GAMBIT:
That was quite a trick you did.

PYRO:
You saw that, huh?

GAMBIT:
Hard to miss. My name's Remy, you?

Pyro opened his lighter, lit it and stared at the flame.

PYRO:
John.

GAMBIT:
Well, I've got a couple tricks up my sleeve as well.

Taking out the ace of spades, Gambit made the card glow a dark purple color as Pyro watched, transfixed. He then held it above their heads, burning it away until all that was left was sparkling ashes on the breeze.

A cocky grin then appeared on Gambit's face. It was a look Pyro knew all too well, since he was the one who usually wore it.

GAMBIT: (Con't)
Anyway, I was heading to the tavern, any interest in joining me for that?

PYRO:
I'm not twenty-one.

GAMBIT:
So?

Pyro shrugged.

PYRO:
What the hell?

Gambit smirked as he led the way and together they walked away from the beach and down the street.

INT. BLUE BOAT TAVERN

PLAYER #1
You in or you out?

Gambit sat at a table engaged in a poker game with three other PLAYERS. Pyro in the meantime sat at the bar drinking a glass of cherry Dr. Pepper.

GAMBIT:
I see your fifty, and I raise you a hundred.

PLAYER #1.
Damn it, you better not be bluffing.

Pyro occasionally glanced at the card game before he just ignored it completely and stared down at his new lighter he clutched in his hand.

PLAYER #2:
Hey, you're cheating!

GAMBIT:
Now, now, this here's just a friendly game of poker.

PLAYER #2:
Bull! You have half a deck up your sleeve!

The man across from Gambit knocked his chair back and flipped the table, but Gambit spun away, his coat whirling around him dramatically as he pulled out a long metal staff. He charged it up and nailed him across the jaw, taking him out. The first player came at him with a fist, Gambit managed to duck away mostly, but it still caught the edge of his glasses and sent them flying.

Pyro then released a stream of flame at the man, which caused him to crash against the wall. His body caught fire and got up screaming, desperately trying to put himself out but only caused the tavern to catch on fire.

Gambit turned back to look at him, and Pyro was momentarily transfixed when he saw his eyes. The pupils were black and the iris' were red.

The fire quickly spread to the walls and ceiling of the bar. Gambit then pulled out a card, charged it up and threw it to the side, just a few feet away from a cluster of people, and two booths blew up in a burst of vinyl, splinters, and stuffing.

Ignoring the shouts and cries from the others in the tavern, Pyro laughed while taking control of the fire again as his body temperature continued to go up, his heart rate quickening as the bar completely went up in flames.

He then felt a hand on his shoulder, snapping him back to reality.

GAMBIT:
Mon ami, as much fun as it is to watch your show, we need to be going.

EXT. BLUE BOAT TAVERN

Gambit and Pyro ran from the tavern as the flames began climbing towards the sky.

INT. BOARDWALK

They finally came to a stop. Gambit leaned against the railing, arms crossed over his chest as he tried to slow his breathing. Pyro clenched and unclenched his fist as stared at the burning tavern in the distance, a grin coming to his face.

Gambit then gave him a slow, golf clap.

GAMBIT:
Very impressive...fire-starter.

The other mutant took a deep breath.

PYRO:
I control fire. I can't create it.

GAMBIT:
Doesn't seem to hold you back.

PYRO:
Yeah, well...it does.

Gambit then raised an eyebrow, a thought coming to mind.

GAMBIT:
That can be changed.

Pyro cocked his head.

PYRO:
What do you mean?

GAMBIT:
You trust me, mon ami?

Pyro couldn't help but laugh a little.

PYRO:
Uh...sure. I trust you.

Gambit motioned with his hand for him to follow.

GAMBIT:
Come with me.

INT. SIDEWALK-DOWNTOWN

Gambit and Pyro walked down the sidewalk, heading west.

PYRO:
Where are we going?

GAMBIT:
To a compound, run by a mutant called Sinister.

PYRO:
Who exactly is this guy?

GAMBIT:
He's a mutant scientist. He collects genetic samples of other mutants DNA. Usually by force.

PYRO:
What for?

GAMBIT:
Supposedly to create the ultimate mutant.

Pyro then outstretched his arm in front of Gambit's chest, stopping him from continuing to walk.

PYRO:
So why would I want to meet him?

GAMBIT:
Cause, mon ami, he can help you with your...handicap. If you're interested follow me. If not, you're free to go your own way.

Gambit moved ahead as Pyro watched him before taking out his lighter. He flipped it open, lit it and stared at the flame, full well knowing he had nothing to go back to. Closing the lighter back up, Pyro continued to follow the other mutant.

Last edited by ZeroDarkThirty; 08-09-2017 at 06:17 AM.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:04 PM   #4
ZeroDarkThirty
Side-Kick

INT. MARAUDERS COMPOUND-PRACTICE ROOM-AFTERNOON

A young, Inuit man whose clothes and shoes were made from animal skins just finished up his session. KODIAK NOATAK placed several metal spears into a specially made backpack that hung over his shoulders.

Sinister who had watched the session walked closer to him.

SINISTER:
Very impressive.

Kodiak bowed his head respectfully.

KODIAK:
My people, we hunt for our food. We have to be learn how to be the predators, not the prey.

He then clutched another spear in his hand the suddenly began to glow white with bio-energy, as did his eyes.

KODIAK: (Con't)
This feeling...it's incredible.

He could charge items with bio-energy and when released, any matter would explode or disintegrate on contact. He could also stun, paralyze or kill living beings with these charged items.

SINISTER:
It will make you the ultimate hunter. You will make a fine addition to The Marauders. What do you call yourself Kodiak?

KODIAK:
Harpoon.

SINISTER:
How appropriate.

INT. HALLWAY

Alex was sitting on the ledge of one of the large four windows in the hallway looking down at a photograph in his hands. It was of him with his foster family, around him with all smiles.

SINISTER: (O.S)
May I?

Alex, startled, turned to find Sinister watching him with his hand held out. Alex turned over the photo to him. Sinister looked it over briefly before giving it back. Alex quickly put it in his pocket.

SINISTER:
I see no resemblance.

ALEX
No, uh..they are...they were my foster parents. I was adopted when I was little.

Sinister nodded.

SINISTER:
Walk with me, Alex.

Alex got up and walked with Sinister down the hall, heading in the direction to the laboratory. Alex then began to speak.

ALEX:
So what is all this? What are we doing here?

SINISTER:
What do you imagine for the future, Alex? Your future?

ALEX:
I'm really not sure.

SINISTER:
I can see the future.

ALEX:
You can?

SINISTER:
I see our race continuing to evolve. The birth of the ultimate specimen of mutants.

ALEX:
You mean genetics?

SINISTER:
What do you know about genetics?

ALEX:
Just the stuff from science class in school. DNA, genes...

SINISTER:
Tell me.

ALEX:
Well, our bodies are made up of cells and in each cell is our DNA. The DNA is made up of genes and the genes tell the cells what to do and when to do it. Is that right?

SINISTER:
In a matter of speaking. What were you taught about mutation? The mutant gene?

ALEX:
Not much. They just said that it wasn't natural. Sort of talking about it like it was a disease.

SINISTER:
That doesn't surprise me.

They came up to the laboratory door which Sinister opened and the two headed in.

INT. LABORATORY

Sinister walked over to a computer and typed in commands. The screen starts to show the letters, 'X', 'Y', 'A', and 'T' in various sequences. The letters fill the screen.

SINISTER
A mutation is a change in DNA, the hereditary material of life. An organism's DNA affects how it looks, how it behaves, and its physiology. So a change in an organism's DNA can cause changes in all aspects of its life.

He looked to the younger mutant.

Mutation is essential to evolution. And that's why humans fear us. We have surpassed them in the evolutionary chain. We have risen about them, beyond them. And we must eliminate them. For this world is not large enough to harbor the weak.

ALEX:
I see why you call yourself Sinister.

Sinister smirks.

SINISTER:
Everything is sinister. And if you're not sinister, your time is over.

Just then, Gambit appeared in the doorway.

How good of you to join us. You may go, Alex.

Alex turned and exited the room, leaving the two alone. Once Alex was a good distance away, Sinister began speaking with Gambit.

SINISTER:
Thank you for finding Kodeck. He might be the most vicious of them all. You've done well, my son.

GAMBIT:
You ain't my father.

Gambit snapped at him while leveling him a glare.

My father is Jean-Luc LeBeau.

SINISTER:
Your adopted father. The one who stole you from me-

GAMBIT:
He stole me from de gutter!

SINISTER:
After you were stolen from the hospital by their guild to see if you could fulfill their insufferable prophecy.

Lowering his eyes, Gambit shook his head before repeating in a whisper;

GAMBIT:
You ain't my father.

SINISTER:
DNA doesn't lie Remington.

GAMBIT:
It's Remy! Gambit to you.

SINISTER:
Time grows short and I am in no mood to deal with your tantrums. You've done a fine job in assembling my Marauders, Gambit. I just need one more.

GAMBIT:
I thought you'd might say that. It's always 'just one more'. I've found a mutant who can manipulate fire.

That peaked Sinister's interest.

SINISTER:
Really?

GAMBIT:
Yeah. Calls himself Pyro. He's waiting outside.

SINISTER:
Bring him to me.

EXT. MUIR ISLAND-EVENING

Off the northern coast of Scotland, a small island laid where a large facility called the Mutant Research Center was built upon. The island was known as Muir Island and it was run by an old friend of the Professor's, DR. MOIRA MACTAGGERT.

The Mutant Reseach Center facility held a wealth of knowledge on various mutants, their abilities, and other mutant-related issues and concerns as well as top of the line medical equipment.

INT. FACILITY-HALLWAY

Moira carried a tray of food and medicine for her son. Once she reached the door, she looked in the glass window seeing her son, KEVIN sitting in bed watching television. Slowly, she opened the door and walked inside.

INT. KEVIN'S ROOM

MOIRA:
Kevin. It's time to take your medicine.

Kevin didn't respond as Moira walked closer to him, placing the tray down on the lamp table. She handed him the pill and a glass of water which Kevin took.

MOIRA: (Con't)
Are you feeling okay?

Kevin nodded but again didn't answer. Moira gently stroked his hair before smiling and getting up, heading back to the main lab.

INT. MAIN LAB

She took a seat at her desk and began speaking into her recorder as she began typing on her computer.

MOIRA:
Kevin's been unresponsive for three days now. If it continues I may have to increase his medication.

She typed the strength of the dosage into a timetable she had on the computer. Her son was an extremely powerful and destructive mutant born with a mental illness. The medicine was necessary over the years to keep him calm, but she was starting to worry that he had built up a tolerance to it and therefore may no longer work.

A she continued to type, suddenly a strong wind blew through the open door causing her to look up. She was shocked to see a blue jet slowly land on the grounds of the facility.

INT. MUIR ISLAND-GROUNDS

The ramp opened up and Xavier was carefully wheeled down by Ororo. Once he was settled Ororo went back into the jet for Scott. Just then, Moira came over to greet him.

MOIRA:
Charles. What an unexpected surprise.

XAVIER:
I'm sorry for just dropping in on you like this Moira. But we need your help.

MOIRA:
What is it?

XAVIER:
Something I've never seen before.

Logan came walking down the ramp carrying Jean in his arms.

MOIRA:
Is that Jean?

XAVIER:
Yes.

MOIRA:
You told me she died saving you all.

XAVIER:
She had. Or least I thought she had.

Logan then sighed with irritation.

LOGAN:
Do you have some place for her?

MOIRA:
Yes, follow me.

As Logan followed Moira into the facility, Ororo came back down the ramp with Scott's arm thrown over her shoulder.

SCOTT:
Is she going to be alright, Professor?

XAVIER:
That's why we're here Scott. Muir Island has the best medical scans available for mutants.

INT. FACILITY-MEDICAL ROOM

Once they all got settled, Scott was being kept in his own room, away from Jean in order to treat his own injuries. Xavier and Ororo stayed with him while Logan waited in the hall.

SCOTT:
I want to be with her.

XAVIER:
I know Scott, but Moira needs space now to examine her. Plus you're in no condition to be on your feet.

ORORO:
How is she alive Professor? How is it possible?

XAVIER:
We're going to have to wait to hear from Jean and find out what she remembers.

INT. INFIRMARY

Meanwhile, in the room right next to theirs, Moira was hooking up machines to Jean who was lying peacefully on the bed. However, just when she was ready to place an IV in her arm, Jean woke and grabbed Moira's wrist, causing her to jump in surprise.

MOIRA:
Relax.

Jean looked around the room, groggy.

JEAN:
Where am I?

MOIRA:
You're at Muir Island, you're safe.

Moira explained as she knelt down next to her.

Jean, do you remember me?

Jean looked at her and squinted. After a few moments;

JEAN:
Dr. MacTaggert?

MOIRA:
Yes.

JEAN:
Where's Scott?

MOIRA:
He's in a room right next door. He's fine. Jean, what do you remember about Alkali Lake?

JEAN:
I remember...the jet. There was water, a mountain of water. It was coming for me...

Jean then shuttered as the objects in the room began to rattle and shake. Moira looked around in surprise just as the shaking stopped. She placed a hand on the other woman's arm, trying to comfort her.

MOIRA:
It's okay. You're okay now.

JEAN:
Then things went dark. I wasn't awake...but I wasn't asleep. I remember calling out to Scott, I felt him close...and then everything was clear again.

Jean then looked at Moira.

Can I see him?

MOIRA:
Not just yet. I need to examine you first.

JEAN:
I think I'm alright. Just my right leg.

Moira gently touched it and Jean winced.

MOIRA:
Yes, I was told you broke it during your last mission. And since it's been untreated for so long you may have a number of complications.

She then placed the IV in Jean's arm.

Give the morphine some time to work.

She then left the room and walked into the hallway where Logan was.

INT. HALLWAY

MOIRA:
Come with me.

Logan followed Moira into Scott's room.

INT. MEDICAL ROOM

The others looked at her and Scott quickly sat up.

SCOTT:
How is she?

MOIRA:
She's awake.

SCOTT:
I want to see her.

MOIRA:
Not yet, Scott. I want to do a CAT scan on her, just to make sure everything is alright. It should take about an hour.

Moira then turned to leave as Scott looked at the Professor in frustration.

SCOTT:
Professor-

XAVIER:
Just give it time.

SCOTT:
I've waited long enough.

ORORO:
I know you want to be with her, just remember she's really here, alive.

Scott stared at her for a moment before nodding and leaning back against the pillow.

INT. MAIN LAB

An hour had gone by and the four of them waited in the lab for the results, none of them saying anything, they just continued to wait for the answers they were dying to know. If it hadn't been for the injuries he sustained at Alkali Lake, Scott would have been pacing back and forth.

Finally, Moira walked in.

Scott got to his feet.

SCOTT:
Well?

MOIRA:
The untreated fracture to Jean's right leg has resulted in some bone deformity and possibly some permanent nerve damage. She's going to need surgery.

Scott rubbed his face while Xavier just stared at her. And while that sounded bad that wasn't what he was concerned with at the moment.

XAVIER:
Did she say anything Moira? What does she remember about Alkali Lake?

MOIRA:
She doesn't remember much. She described her state as not being awake, but not being asleep either.

LOGAN:
And just what the hell does that mean?

MOIRA:
Her words, not mine.

XAVIER:
Do you have any idea how she might have survived? The sheer amount of water that collapsed on her should have obliterated her completely.

MOIRA:
I have a theory that her powers protected her. A cocoon of telekinetic energy formed around her body to protect her from the water. It kept her in a state of suspended animation this whole time…something woke her.

SCOTT:
My optic beams.

MOIRA:
I'm sorry?

SCOTT:
I fired my beams into the lake. Maybe that's what did it.

ORORO:
What made you do that?

SCOTT:
I kept hearing her, in my head.

XAVIER:
Jean called out to you. Using the bond you share.

SCOTT:
I tried to tell you.

XAVIER:
I'm sorry, Scott.

INT. INFIRMARY

While the group kept talking, inside the room Jean was laying in the bed. She had been told that the Professor, Scott, Ororo, and Logan were also here and she desperately wanted to see them all. She carefully threw her legs over the bed and then winced at the pain in her right leg.

Jean made a small groan of pain as she tried to stand but it was much too hard and painful to do so. She then grasped her leg with both hands and began gently rubbing it.

As she continued, Jean didn't know that her eyes were turning orange. Then her hands began to glow as she continued to tightly hold her injured leg.

She smiled as slowly, the pain went away. She stopped rubbing her leg and her eyes went back to their normal color as did her hands. Jean got up and to her amazement, her leg now felt fine.

INT. MAIN LAB

MOIRA:
I would like to keep her here for a day, maybe two. Just to make sure everything else is fine.

No one said a word. The group was now looking at something behind her. Moira turned around to see Jean standing at the entrance of her room, a bright smile on her face.

MOIRA:
Jean. You should be in bed. Your leg-

JEAN:
My leg's fine. I healed it somehow.

Jean walked further in, no limp, no signs at all of being in any pain.

MOIRA:
How did you-

JEAN:
I don't know.

Jean then looked over at Scott who then quickly rushed over at her and took her in his arms.

Are you alright? I didn't hurt you did I?

SCOTT:
It's you I'm worried about.

JEAN:
I'm fine. I feel great actually.

As Scott let go of her, Ororo came over to greet her friend.

ORORO:
Jean.

Tears came to her eyes as Ororo threw her arms around the other woman's neck.

ORORO:
I missed you so much.

JEAN:
I missed you too.

The two let go of each other and Jean then looked to Logan who was standing quietly against the wall, just watching her. She walked over to him, the two of them just stared at each other for a moment before Logan finally spoke.

LOGAN:
Welcome back.

Jean then closed the distance between the two and gave him a hug. She then turned her attention to the last person there. Xavier had watched the reunion between them all stone faced when Jean walked over and now stood in front of him.

JEAN:
What's wrong, Professor?

Xavier shook his head.

XAVIER:
I just can't believe what I'm seeing.

JEAN:
Well, seeing is believing.

She leaned down to hug him as well. Xavier returned it as a bright smile came to his face. He had gotten one of his students, one of his children back.

Last edited by ZeroDarkThirty; 08-11-2017 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-06-2017, 09:25 AM   #5
ZeroDarkThirty
Side-Kick

INT. MANSION SUB-COMPLEX-CONTROL ROOM-NIGHT

Pitor and Jubilee were sitting next to each other in front of the Danger Room controls, Pitor went over each level, the task of each session, the length, and just how difficult it was. So far, they had reached level eight with nine and ten still waiting to be discovered.

JUBILEE:
So, what was level eight?

PITOR:
We had to fight a bunch of bad CGI-looking aliens. They were called 'The Brood' if I remember correctly.

JUBILEE:
You're kidding me? Did it simulate a space station or something?

PITOR:
Yeah, something like that.

JUBILEE:
That sounds awesome.

PITOR:
It was stupid. Since when are we going to be doing any missions in outer space?

Pitor then rubbed his head as Jubilee stared at him strangely.

JUBILEE:
Are you okay? All day you've seemed kind of…sad.

PITOR:
It's nothing, it's just…today would have my parents twenty-fifth wedding anniversary.

JUBILEE:
Oh.

Jubilee knew that most of the kids at the school had difficult family situations due to being a mutant. Either that or their parents didn't even know. Jubilee felt horrible for them, especially since her parents treated her the same as before they found out she was a mutant.

JUBILEE: (Con't)
Do you want to talk about it?

Pitor laughed weakly.

PITOR:
I have an older brother who is also a mutant...Mikhail is his name. He killed our parents. For no reason, other than the fact that they were human.

JUBILEE:
What happened to your brother?

PITOR:
I don't know, I haven't seen him since that day. For his sake, he better hope I never see him again.

Jubilee rested against him.

JUBILEE:
I'm so sorry.

PIOTR:
It's okay. It doesn't always hurt.

He looked to her as Jubilee gazed at him with her bright eyes.

PITOR: (Con't)
Eventually, you know that they're in a better place.

Then, slowly, awkwardly…they kiss. Jubilee then pulls away and Pitor looks worried, believing he just did the wrong thing.

JUBILEE:
Okay…I wasn't expecting that…

She considers saying more, but decides against it and just kisses him again, more deeply this time.

VOICE:
Hey guys.

Pitor and Jubilee jumped apart and looked to the doorway in aggravation as Warren stood there with a big grin on his face.

WARREN:
Guess who's here.

JUBILEE:
You have such great timing.

The two got up and followed Warren.

INT. STUDY

Hank McCoy was sitting and talking with Kitty just as Warren led Pitor and Jubilee in.

JUBILEE:
Dr. McCoy!

Hank laughed.

HANK:
Pitor, Jubilee. How have you been?

PITOR:
Just fine.

They took a seat on the couch across from their old teacher.

HANK:
Good. So, where is the Professor?

WARREN:
Couldn't tell you. He left, with Logan and Ororo this morning. They've been gone all day.

HANK:
They haven't attempted to contact you?

KITTY:
Nope.

HANK:
Hmm. I wonder what could have been so important. Nothing major has occurred that I'm aware of.

PITOR:
So why did you decide to drop in?

HANK:
Well, I've been given an assignment from the president. I was hoping for their help.

KITTY:
Help with what?

HANK:
I'm going to go speak with a group of mutants we've just recently found out about who are currently living underground in tunnels. I need a little back up, just in case they become hostile.

KITTY:
Warren and I will help you. And Pitor, Bobby, and Rogue will go too.

Jubilee narrowed her eyes.

JUBILEE:
What about me?

WARREN:
You're not a part of the team yet.

JUBILEE:
I've gotta start somewhere. Just how bad can this be?

She then looked to Hank.

JUBILEE: (Con't)
Please Dr. McCoy? I did my first session in the Danger Room today.

WARREN:
The beginners session.

JUBILEE:
Shut it!

She went to flick his ear again but Warren dodged that move. Hank sighed.

HANK:
Play nice, children.

They all looked to him, looking a little offended by his choice of words.

HANK: (Con't)
Well, I guess it's alright. But when we get down there, stay in back of us. Don't do a thing until I tell you to.

JUBILEE:
I promise.

INT. BOBBY'S ROOM

Bobby and Rogue were sitting on his bed, Bobby up against the wall while Rogue was resting against his chest. They were watching a play list of funny videos on a laptop. But after a few videos went by Bobby stopped laughing along with her and his attention seemed somewhere else.

Rogue moved her head to look back at Bobby and saw that he was staring at the shark zippo lighter on the nightstand. It was still there, not moved an inch since the night Rogue gave it to him. She then paused the video.

ROGUE:
Bobby, what's been going on with you?

That seemed to snap Bobby out of his thoughts as Rogue got up and shifted her position so that she was now facing him.

BOBBY:
Nothing. Why do you ask?

ROGUE:
Come on. You've been acting weird ever since I gave you that lighter.

Bobby moved his head away as he could no longer meet her stare but Rogue reached out and gently placed a gloved hand on Bobby's cheek, holding him in place.

ROGUE: (Con't)
This was kinda how you were after we got back from Alkali Lake, after what went on with your family. But only…worse this time. Something is going on with you, why won't you tell me?

Bobby looked uncomfortable, like he wanted to be anyplace but here at that moment.

BOBBY:
Rogue…I…I'm…

ROGUE:
What? You want to break up with me?

BOBBY:
No, it's not that.

ROGUE:
Then what?

Bobby took a deep breath before getting up. He then took a seat on the edge of the bed.

BOBBY:
It's John. I should have said something. Maybe if he knew that someone cared, he wouldn't have left. If I had just been honest.

ROGUE:
Sometimes that isn't enough. Sometimes people leave, despite how much we care for them. You can't blame yourself for John going with Magneto. It was his choice.

Bobby laughed, high and tight.

BOBBY:
That's not what I meant.

ROGUE:
What do you mean?

Bobby leaned forward and rested his forehead against his hand before taking another deep breath.

BOBBY:
I don't know how to say it.

For a long moment, Rogue had no idea what he was talking about...but then she understood. She had after all, absorbed him and John both. Rogue had never dug much into their memories but the Bobby in her head now gave her the answer the real Bobby couldn't vocalize.

ROGUE:
You loved him.

Bobby then suddenly launched his hands forward and two small balls of ice went straight across the room, shattering once they hit the opposite wall, causing Rogue to jump at the sudden movement. Bobby was now looking down at his hands in shock.

Flesh had been replaced by living ice.

BOBBY:
I think I need a doctor.

Rogue then quickly got up and went to his side, eyes gapping as she looked down at his hands.

ROGUE:
Oh my god! Bobby!

BOBBY:
I'm going to go stick my hands in the freezer.

Bobby got up and hurried out of the room with Rogue trailing after him.

EXT. MARAUDERS COMPOUND-PRACTICE ROOM-NIGHT

Sinister led Pyro into the practice room and closed the doors behind them so they could talk in private. Pyro couldn't help it, but he couldn't look at the other mutant as he had been so taken aback by his appearance.

PYRO:
So, Gambit told me that you can make mutants stronger.

SINISTER:
Did he now?

PYRO:
How do you do it?

SINISTER:
I can genetically alter your mutant gene in order to amplify your mutation. But the cost is high.

PYRO:
How much?

SINISTER:
I'm not talking about money.

PYRO:
Then what?

SINISTER:
Your DNA. And a small favor you will owe me.

PYRO:
Okay. So, you can help me?

SINISTER:
That depends.

PYRO:
On what?

SINISTER:
On how desperate you are.

PYRO:
I'm not desperate.

Sinister laughed.

SINISTER:
I see it in your eyes. You are reckless, amoral, dangerous. You've gone from place to place, group to group.

PYRO:
You reading my mind?

SINISTER:
I don't have to.

PYRO:
It's my business.

SINISTER:
Arguably, yes. But it does make me wonder what it is that you are looking for. Or perhaps, what it is you're running away from.

PYRO:
I'm not doing either. If I'm not getting what I need from a place I'm at, I don't cry about it. I just move on and look for it somewhere else. I've got no use for sentiment.

Sinister looked over at him.

SINISTER:
Show me.

PYRO:
What?

SINISTER:
Your power. Show me.

Pyro flicked open his lighter and shot a fireball.

SINISTER:
That's it?

Pyro looked at him.

PYRO:
What?

SINISTER:
You can manipulate fire. You can make it do anything you want, anything you can think of. Surely you can do better than just a fireball.

Pyro then shot another steam of fire into the air, then concentrated. It was rare that he had the chance to truly show-off. Slowly, it began to form in the shape of a fire-serpent. The room was lit up in orange and yellow as Sinister looked up at the creature of fire and a grin came to his face.

INT. LABORATORY

Pyro was now lying on a table with his shirt off as Sinister prepared his machine.

PYRO:
Are you going to give me anesthesia?

SINISTER:
It has its uses, but no. You need to be awake as your body goes through the process.

Pyro swallowed nervously.

PYRO:
I'll...I'll still be me when this is over right? There will be no damage?

SINISTER:
Of course not. I'll need you just the way you are, Pyro. So that you can keep your side of the bargain.

Suddenly, two metal tentacles unfurled and came up on either side of him. They attached themselves to the sides of Pyro's neck through two tiny needles. He gasped a little from the pain.

An odd tingling sensation then shot through Pyro's body as he arched his back up. His body then relaxed itself before his hands began to tremble uncontrollably then his legs followed. He began breathing heavily as his body continued to spasm.

Pyro's fingertips then began to glow red. As did his chest, then it traveled up his neck. A bright orange-yellow flame then bursted from the palms of both hands. The new power flowed through his entire body.

He could now create fire.

INT. XAVIER INSTITUTE-SPARE BEDROOM

Hank was getting ready to turn in for the night. He had told the 'X-Kids' to get some rest and that they would take up their task sometime tomorrow.

Rogue then ran into the room.

ROGUE:
Dr. McCoy, thank god you're here!

HANK:
Rogue.

He then looked at her gloved hands.

HANK:
So I take it you haven't…

Rogue shook her head.

ROGUE:
Oh, no. I still have it, but…

She trailed off before remembering the reason she came to him in the first place.

Something happened to Bobby.

HANK:
What is it?

ROGUE:
His hands, his fingers. They're ice. Completely ice, he has no flesh at all on his hands.

HANK:
Where is he?

ROGUE:
He's down in the walk in freezer and he refuses to come out.

Rogue's eyes then lowered as she couldn't help but laugh a little at the double meaning of her words.

INT. KITCHEN

Hank entered the kitchen and walked over to the door of the walk in freezer. He knocked on it lightly.

HANK:
Bobby? It's Dr. McCoy. I'm going to come in, okay?

Hank opened the door then closed in behind him

INT. WALK-IN-FREEZER

He was surrounded by a bunch of frozen food and drinks when he looked to the end of the freezer. His eyes widened.

Bobby stood, living ice covering his entire body from head to toe. Hank looked over his appearance, shocked. He truly was an Iceman.

HANK:
Oh my stars and garters…

Last edited by ZeroDarkThirty; 08-06-2017 at 02:57 PM.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:11 AM   #6
ZeroDarkThirty
Side-Kick

INT. BATHROOM-MUTANT RESEARCH CENTER-NIGHT

Scott had just gotten done showering and was now standing in front of a mirror, shaving with an electric razor. Once finished, he threw on a t-shirt and opened the door, stepping into the spare bedroom Moira was letting him and Jean share for the night.

INT. BEDROOM

Jean was staring at an oil painting up on the wall. It was of a phoenix bird rising up into a night sky with bright stars. Yellowish-gold flames surrounded the bird. Scott walked up next to her to look at the painting as well.

JEAN:
It's beautiful isn't it? The phoenix...a mythical bird. It dies in flames only to be reborn again from it's ashes. It's life incarnate, now and forever.

SCOTT:
That's kind of how you rose up out of the lake. Like a phoenix.

JEAN:
Really?

SCOTT:
Yes. It was quite a sight to see. One I'll never forget.

JEAN:
Should that be my name then?

Scott's brows furrowed.

SCOTT:
What?

Jean smiled.

JEAN:
My codename. I never did have one like the rest of you.

SCOTT:
You never could come up with one.

JEAN:
Well now I am.

SCOTT:
Alright...Phoenix. It sounds good to me.

She then reached out and stroked the side of Scott's face.

JEAN:
Thanks for shaving. You looked terrible. Now all we have to do is trim your hair.

SCOTT:
Yeah, well. It's been hard without you.

JEAN:
What made you come back to Alkali Lake?

SCOTT:
I kept having these visions of you drowning, crying out to me to save you. I wasn't sure whether that was really you calling me telepathically through our bond or if I was going crazy.

JEAN:
I'm so sorry.

SCOTT:
For what?

JEAN:
It sounds like I was tormenting you. I'm sorry, I didn't know that I was doing it.

SCOTT:
You have nothing to apologize for. It's what led me back to you.

He reached out and took her hands in his. They just stared at each other for a few moments, Jean looking intently at Scott's sunglasses before saying;

JEAN:
There's something I…

SCOTT:
What is it?

JEAN:
I've always wanted to see your eyes.

Scott cocked his head at Jean.

SCOTT:
Jean…you know that I can't.

JEAN:
I can't explain it, but I feel different. I can control it, I know I can.

She then slowly reached up towards his glasses but Scott took a step back.

SCOTT:
I don't want to hurt you.

JEAN:
Trust me. I want you to be able to see me.

Jean stepped towards him and reached up to remove his glasses. Scott's eyes were closed as Jean then put her palms up to his temples, Jeans eyes were now glowing orange again.

It's alright, Scott. You won't hurt me.

Scott slowly opens his eyes. For a moment they flash red, then the red light of his optic beams dims down, as it it's being pushed back into his eyes, until it all but disappears revealing a pair of clear, blue eyes.

Scott blinked and and stares in astonishment. He looked around left and right, seeing the world in full color for the first time since he was teenager.

SCOTT:
Wow…

Scott puts his gaze and full attention back on Jean. He is awed at seeing her in full color for the very first time. Jean smiled as she set the sunglasses down on the dresser.

JEAN:
I just healed your eyes. You'll never have to wear those again.

SCOTT:
How did you...?

Jean looked down at her hands.

JEAN:
I really don't know. I've never felt power like this before. I feel...like I can do anything. Anything I can think of.

She looked up at him.

This doesn't make any sense.

SCOTT:
The Professor and Moira will figure things out in the morning.

Scott then took a step towards her and placed his hands on the sides of her face.

Until then...

He then moved closer and kissed her deeply. Jean returned the kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck. Slowly the two of them began moving backwards until they fell to side, landing softly on the bed.

INT. KITCHEN

Logan stood by the refrigerator with a glass of water in hand. It was almost midnight by he couldn't sleep, not after a day like this. Just when he raised the glass to his mouth did his old instincts take over him. He got the feeling that someone was close he turned his head to see who it was who had joined him in the room, it was to his surprise to see a small blonde haired teenager, maybe fourteen or fifteen.

The boy was awfully pale and had a strange look in his eyes. Logan didn't know how to respond, he had no idea that anyone else was on the island.

LOGAN:
Hey. What's your name, kid?

KEVIN:
Proteus.

LOGAN:
Right. Tell me that isn't your real name.

KEVIN:
Who are you? Where's my mom?

LOGAN:
Uhh…

Logan then wondered if he was Moira's kid.

LOGAN: (Con't)
Moira MacTaggert. Is she your mom?

Kevin didn't respond, he just continued to stare at him with his dark, almost black eyes. Logan shifted uncomfortably as he cleared his throat.

LOGAN:
Listen, it's late kid. Can you go back to bed, you're freaking me out.

Again, Kevin didn't say a word. Logan sighed before putting his glass down and walked out of the kitchen. Kevin didn't move, he just watched him until he was out of sight.

EXT. PATIO

Ororo was standing outside, watching the stars of the night sky when she heard the door open. She took a quick glance behind her to see that it was Logan coming outside before she returned her gaze to the sky.

ORORO:
I guess I'm not the only one who can't sleep tonight.

Logan walked up to stand next to her.

LOGAN:
Yeah, it's been a hell of a day.

ORORO:
It's still hard to believe isn't it? Jean's alive…it's a miracle.

Logan nodded but didn't say anything. Ororo turned her head to look at him and she could see that there was definitely something that was bothering him. And she knew what is was.

ORORO: (Con't)
You're still looking at her the same way.

LOGAN:
Am I?

ORORO:
She'll never love you the way you want her to.

LOGAN:
Yeah, I know. Girls flirt with the dangerous guy. They don't take him home.

ORORO:
What?

LOGAN:
They marry a good guy.

ORORO:
I'm not following you.

He sighed heavily as he recalled the conversation he had with Jean the night before the events of Alkali Lake.

LOGAN:
It's what Jean told me. That's why she chose Scott.

Ororo could have laughed at that.

ORORO:
Jean has been together with Scott ever since they were teenagers, Logan. Nothing or no one could break that relationship.

LOGAN:
No, it's not just that. She knew that I wasn't a good guy.

Ororo then stepped in front of him. A look of disbelief was now on her face.

ORORO:
You think you're a bad guy? Even after all you've done since you've been with us?

LOGAN:
I may not remember all of my past, but I know enough about what I did. And good people don't do those kind of things.

Ororo took a step closer to Logan. She reached out and put a hand on his wrist.

ORORO:
You know the good thing about not remembering your past? Whatever you were, whatever you did , it doesn't matter now. You get another chance to choose who you want to be. And you chose correctly this time around.

Logan glanced away from Ororo. He really didn't know how to respond.

Maybe you should stop pining for a lost love and look at what's standing right in front of you.

His brows furrowed as he looked back at her. She was staring at him like she was waiting for him to make a move.

LOGAN:
Ororo-

Unbeknownst to him, Kevin was standing in the open doorway, looking upon the two of them. He was glaring heavily at Logan, who then suddenly gasped as he felt the strange invasion of his body. Logan's eyes then rolled up in the back of his head.

ORORO:
Logan!

Logan then lunged at her, grabbing her roughly by the shoulders. Ororo gasped in surprise and struggled, trying to get away from him. Logan then picked her up and threw her, causing her to crash through a glass table that was sitting on the patio.

SKINT

Logan's claws then unearthed from his knuckles as he began walking towards the fallen woman and kicked her in the stomach, knocking the air right out of her. Having no choice but to defend herself, Ororo crawled backwards though the glass as she began summoning up a lightning bolt.

The sky flashed and rumbled as thunder went off around the island. Finally, a bolt of lightning came down and struck Logan in the chest, causing him to fly backwards and crash through the glass windows, sending him back into the facility.

INT. BEDROOM

The noise caused both Scott and Jean to separate from each other, both looked startled.

SCOTT:
What was that?

INT. PATIO

Back outside, Ororo trembled as she slowly walked towards Logan's body, feeling both fear and concern as she looked down at him. Suddenly, Logan lunged up to his feet and stabbed Ororo in the stomach as she screamed in terror.

INT. HALLWAY

Running out of her room after hearing the commotion, Moira saw her son standing in the hallway and then looked on to see Logan standing over Ororo.

MOIRA:
Oh god, Kevin stop!

Moira ran to him just as Xavier appeared in his wheelchair and focused his powers on the child. Kevin's eyes gazed over as he collapsed in his mother's arms. Logan looked like he was about to stab Ororo again but stopped just in time as his eyes went back to normal.

He looked down in shock as he saw Ororo with a wound from his claws. Scott and Jean then ran towards them as Ororo continued to breathe deeply, tears of pain coming down her cheeks.

SCOTT:
What the hell did you do, Logan!?

LOGAN:
I don't know, I couldn't stop myself!

XAVIER:
Let's get her on a table.

JEAN:
No, wait.

Jean focused her powers on the wound. She raised her hand to Ororo's stomach and her hand began to glow with telekinetic energy. Ororo gasped as her back arched off the ground and after a second, the pain went away.

The wounds had been healed. Xavier watched the whole thing in amazement and looked at Jean.

In the meantime, Logan turned and snapped at Moira;

LOGAN:
What the hell was that!? What did your kid do to me!?

MOIRA:
I'm sorry, I thought the medication I gave him earlier would have kept him calm. He can possess people, that's his mutation. I'm so sorry, I should have told all of you.

LOGAN:
Yeah, that would have been a good idea.

He then carefully reached down and picked Ororo up in his arms, carrying her away. Moira watched him before looking back at the others.

MOIRA:
I'm so sorry.

XAVIER:
It's alright. I'm keeping Kevin stable for now. Let's just all go back to sleep, we'll clean this up in the morning.

Jean then went to help Moira with her son when Xavier looked at Scott's face and did a double take.

Scott, your eyes. What happened to your eyes?

SCOTT:
Jean healed them earlier.

Scott then took a deep breath as he put his hands on his hips. By the look on the Professor's face, he was probably thinking the same thing he was.

SCOTT:
Professor, how is Jean doing all this?

XAVIER:
I wish I had an answer, Scott. She's grown more powerful than I could have ever imagined.

SCOTT:
But she's still Jean...right?

XAVIER:
Let us hope.

EXT. MARAUDERS COMPOUND-LABORATORY-NIGHT

Sinister stood before the Marauders he had Gambit assemble for him. It was now time.

SINISTER:
Gambit. Pyro. Havok. Riptide. Harpoon. Scrambler. I forge you all into the deadliest and most destructive force this world has ever seen. From his day forth, you are the Marauders. I offer you power beyond imagination. Even more than I have already given you.

RIPTIDE:
What do you need us for? What do you want us to do?

SINISTER:
A culling of the herd.

HAVOK:
What does that mean?

SINISTER:
I believe that you all are familiar with Darwin's theory of evolution and survival of the fittest. We mutants are the top of the food chain, the highest rung on the evolutionary ladder. But it seems that some mutants out there passing their genes on are the wrong sort. They are known as Morlocks and they currently live beneath the ground. I look to all of you to snuff out these weakest links.

Pyro was now staring at him in disbelief.

PYRO:
You want us to kill a bunch of innocent, defenseless mutants?

SINISTER:
They are hardly innocent, and far from defenseless. Not to mention that most of them weren't even real to begin with.

SCRAMBLER:
Not real? What does that mean, not real?

SINISTER:
They were a creation of mine, a failed science experiment. I wouldn't even give them a second thought but unfortunately I discovered they have the ability to reproduce. If these rouge strands of work aren't dealt with, the Morlocks will continue on, contaminating the mutant gene pool. We can not allow that.

None of the Marauders looked at each other nor said a word. They just took in what had been told to them.

I have a stratojet waiting for us. It's time to go.

The Marauders all filed out one by one, all except for Gambit who was just staring at the floor in shock. He honestly looked like he may be sick.

GAMBIT:
You never told me this was the reason I was gathering these mutants for you.

Sinister approached him. Reaching out, he brushed Gambit's cheek with his hand.

SINISTER:
Gambit-

GAMBIT:
No!

Gambit took a step back and began shaking his head.

I don't want...I can't. It would kill me.

SINISTER:
What would?

GAMBIT:
Killing. I can't do it again. It's what messed everything up for me in the first place.

SINISTER:
So, don't kill.

Sinister took another soft step toward him. Gambit stiffened, but didn't back away.

You don't have to kill, Gambit. The Marauders you've assembled can handle that. There are other things you can do. More useful things. I don't need another weapon.

GAMBIT:
So what do you need?

SINISTER:
I need an accomplice.

GAMBIT:
An accomplice?

SINISTER:
Yes. I never intended for you to be a weapon, my son. Certainly one day I hope you can be sharpened to a lethal edge, but I don't plan for that day to come for a long time. If I can help it, the day it's needed will never come. I'll be here, I can be the executioner.

Gambit took a deep breath.

GAMBIT:
I just want to go back to New Orleans. I want to try and fix things-

SINISTER:
You were exiled from New Orleans, Gambit. You know that. There's nothing you can do that will change things. You have no where else to go but to me.

GAMBIT:
What do you want me to do?

Sinister grinned.

SINISTER:
While the Marauders deal with the Morlocks, we will take what we need from the X-Men. And when it is done, they will see that evolution has just passed them by.

Last edited by ZeroDarkThirty; 08-18-2017 at 02:21 PM.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:52 PM   #7
ZeroDarkThirty
Side-Kick

EXT. PRIVATE PLANE-AFTERNOON SKIES

Lightning came down and struck a plane that a family of four were in, heading for a vacation to Alaska, causing it to catch fire and begin to shake rapidly. The top of the aircraft now had a hole in it and strong winds rushed inside. Loose objects inside of the plane began getting sucked out, including two parachutes.

CHRISTOPER SUMMERS struggled with the controls as he desperately tried to keep the plane up long enough to get his kids safely out.

CHRISTOPHER:
Come on, you've got to hurry! Get them out of here!

His wife, KATHERINE pushed against the wind as she quickly fastened the only two parachutes left to her thirteen year old son Scott, and her other son, eight year old Alex. She gave each a hug.

KATHERINE:
Take care of each other.

Scott and Alex held hands as they jumped out of the plane. Once he was in the air, Scott pulled the ripcord and was violently pulled up as he slowed. He then looked up in horror as the plane exploded. Pieces of burning debris came flying down. A piece caught Scott's parachute and burned a hole through it.

A terrified Scott looked down as the ground grew closer and closer...

INT. HOSPITAL

SCOTT:
Uhh...

The young boy stirred as he began to wake from his coma. Bandages were wrapped around his eyes. A man in a white lab coat, DR. NATHANIEL ESSEX then walked into the room as the NURSE left.

ESSEX:
Hello, Scott. How are you feeling? My name is Dr. Nathaniel Essex.

SCOTT:
Where am I? What happened?

A hint of pain and sorrow passed through the eyes of the doctor for a brief moment.

ESSEX:
You're in Alaska, Scott.

SCOTT:
Where are my parents? And Alex?

Nathaniel carefully reached out to grab Scott's hand as the boy sat up.

ESSEX:
Scott, you and you're family were in a plane crash. You're the only one who survived. You've actually been in a coma for some time now.

Scott then cried out in horror as memories came flooding back. Tears streamed down Scott's face as leaned down and he hugged his legs, burring his face in his knees. Sobs shook his small frame. He then managed to choke out;

SCOTT:
How long has it been?

ESSEX:
A year and two months.

Scott continued to sob as he reached up and began to feel his face.

SCOTT:
What is this? Why can't I see anything?

ESSEX:
Wait Scott!

Scott pulled the bandages from his eyes and an optic beam fired from them, punching a hole through the ceiling.

EXT. ORPHANAGE GROUNDS

Dr. Essex placed a pair of ruby red glasses on Scott. The world is a fuzzy shade of red. He can barely make out the figure of the person in front of him, but his vision clears rapidly.

ESSEX:
Always remember who gave you your first pair of glasses.

EXT. SPARE BEDROOM-MUTANT RESEARCH CENTER-NIGHT

Scott suddenly bolted upright in bed, overcome in sweat as he breathed rapidly.

JEAN:
Scott? Are you alright? Scott?

Jean was by his side as Scott rubbed his eyes.

SCOTT:
Oh god, what a nightmare.

JEAN:
What was it?

SCOTT:
The plane accident. Jesus, I haven't thought about it for years. Why now?

JEAN:
Your accident?

She placed her hands on his shoulders.

I hope it wasn't something I did.

SCOTT:
What do you mean?

JEAN:
Maybe when I healed you I accidentally unlocked a memory.

SCOTT:
No.

Scott shook his head as he placed his hands on hers.

SCOTT:
No. It was nothing you did.

They sat quietly together as Jean began to rub his shoulders while Scott just stared at the floor before muttering to himself;

Alex.

JEAN:
Your younger brother?

SCOTT:
Yeah...I miss him the most.

EXT. LABORATORY-DAY

The following day, Xavier and Moira were looking at the two different results from Jean's CAT scans. The first one she did which showed that damage to Jean's leg, and the second one, which showed her leg completely healed.

Outside, Logan and Ororo boarded the jet as they were preparing to go.

MOIRA:
You're sure you're doing the right thing? You know you can stay for as long as you need.

XAVIER:
I don't think there's any reason to stay longer. Jean is fine, physically. As far as the...advancement in her abilities, there's really nothing more you can do. There's no test that is going to give us the answers. And I have a school full of students to get back to.

MOIRA:
So what could have caused it? What do you think?

Xavier looked at Moira.

XAVIER:
I do have a theory. I think that Erik was indirectly responsible for this.

Moira looked at the Professor with a quizzical look. Before she could ask what he meant by that she looked down the hallway to see that Jean was talking with her son.

INT. HALLWAY

Kevin was leaning against the wall with a far-away look in his eyes, paying no mind to the woman who was currently leaning down right in front of him.

JEAN:
Hi there.

The boy didn't respond.

Kevin, I need you to stay still for just a second okay?

Jean then carefully put her hand up and touched Kevin's forehead with her fingers. They began to glow and after just a few seconds, the dark look in the young teens eyes went away and a bright smile came to his face. Kevin looked to where his mom was standing and ran over to her.

INT. LABORATORY

KEVIN:
Mom, I'm hungry. Can we have French toast?

MOIRA:
Oh...sure, Kevin. I'll start making it in a minute.

Kevin nodded before heading off in the direction of the kitchen. Jean then came towards her.

MOIRA:
What did you do?

JEAN:
Kevin had psychosis, right?

MOIRA:
Yes.

Jean smiled.

JEAN:
Not anymore. He'll be just fine from now on.

INT. KITCHEN

Moira walked in to find her son waiting patiently at the table.

MOIRA:
Kevin...?

He turned his head to look at her and smiled.

KEVIN:
Yeah?

MOIRA:
Are you feeling okay?

KEVIN:
I'm fine.

She knelt down in front of him and put her hands on either side of his head so she could more carefully at him. Kevin looked more calm and relaxed than she had ever seen him.

MOIRA:
Really?

KEVIN:
What's wrong with you?

MOIRA:
Nothing. Nothing's wrong.

Moira then wrapped her arms around him, pulling him in for a hug as tears trickled from her eyes.

EXT. MUIR ISLAND

The X-Jet slowly lifted off the ground and once it was at a high enough point, it took off into the sky.

INT. XAVIER INSTITUTE-STUDY

Rogue walked into the room just as Hank hung up the phone and now had a look on his face of clear aggravation.

HANK:
Damn it.

ROGUE:
What?

HANK:
I have a deadline now, I can not longer wait for the Professor. My chief of staff just informed me that the secretary of defense is planning on sending armed forces down into the tunnels if the Morlocks aren't out of there soon. I don't understand why he's so hell-bent on starting a conflict.

ROGUE:
We'll help you, Hank.

HANK:
Yes, I know you all can handle yourselves. I just hate the thought of leaving the other kids alone.

He got to his feet.

Okay, I'm gonna go try to talk to Bobby one more time. Also, find someone responsible to look after things until we get back.

ROGUE:
Sure thing.

INT. WALK-IN-FREEZER

Bobby was sitting with his back against the wall of the freezer, still looking like an ice-sculpture you'd see in the winter time. Hank knelt down in front of him.

HANK:
Bobby, I am very certain you can change your appearance back to normal. I know you've never done this before but mutants like yourself discover all the time things they didn't know they could do with their ability.

BOBBY:
I tried changing back after my hands froze but the ice kept spreading. Now look at me.

HANK:
You look incredible, are you kidding?

BOBBY:
Yeah, until I leave this freezer and eventually start to melt.

HANK:
Maybe the reason you can't change back is because you're in this freezer. I know you're scared, you've just gotta trust me.

Bobby didn't look convinced. Hank sighed and glanced down at his watch.

Bobby, I'm sorry, I have to go for now. I promise I will be back soon and we will figure this out.

INT. HALLWAY

After she found the rest of the team and they changed into uniform, Rogue found Theresa Cassidy, also known by her mutant name, SIRYN.

ROGUE:
Hopefully we'll by gone for no more than an hour. If the Professor comes back while we're gone, give him this.

Rogue handed Siryn a map of Manhattan and a circle around the location the group was heading to.

SIRYN:
No problem. Don't worry about us, we'll be fine.

EXT. XAVIER INSTITUTE-ENTRANCE

Rogue walked out and jumped into the hummer Hank drove to get here. Colossus, Archangel, Jubilee, and Shadowcat all the looked at each other in confusion as they just continued to sit. Hank then glanced at them all.

HANK:
Seatbelts.

The younger members of the team all rolled their eyes but did what they were told as Hank finally started up the vehicle and began driving it to their destination.

INT. STRATOJET

The jet was settled on the ground as the Marauders all prepared themselves.

RIPTIDE:
So, how are we going to know where to go?

SINISTER:
I wouldn't worry about that. One of you actually lived among them once. Isn't that right, Pyro?

The rest of the Maruaders turned to him as Pyro narrowed his eyes. He didn't like that Sinister had been apparently reading his mind.

PYRO:
Very briefly when I was younger. I was living on the streets when a couple of them found me. They took me down in the tunnels to stay with them. I was with them for only a couple of months, max.

SINISTER:
You'll do just fine.

Sinister then approached him with something in his hand. He then placed at red mask over Pyro's face. It covered most of it, but left his mouth exposed.

You'll be my chief executioner for this assignment.

EXT. STRAOJET

The Marauders exited the jet which then quickly took off into the air. Sinister had told them he would be back to pick them up once he and Gambit finished a mission of their own.

INT. BATTERY PARK-OUTSKIRTS

The group kept walking until they reached an access hatch down on the ground. This was the main entrance to the largest Morlock tunnel, known as "The Alley" by the underground residents. Buried a mile beneath city of New York and running the entire length of Manhattan.

Pyro opened it up. There was a ladder mounted on the side that would take them all the way down.

HAVOK:
You guys sure you want to do this?

HARPOON:
I will gladly do it. I would consider it my duty.

PYRO:
Screw it, I'm outta here.

He turned to leave.

SCRAMBLER:
You can't!

PYRO:
Oh yeah? Who's gonna stop me?

Through the eye-holes of his mask, Pyro gave the smaller mutant a challenging look.

SCRAMBLER:
You don't get it. Sinister has your DNA. If you turn against him he'll shut your body down. You'll be trapped in a coma-like state only you'll be completely self-aware, a prisoner in your own body.

Pyro was taken aback by that, and by judging the look on their faces, the rest of the Marauders were too.

HAVOK:
Didn't Sinister say they weren't real people? They are just a science experiment gone wrong?

PYRO:
Yeah well, that's another thing. Just how much of a whack-job is this guy?

RIPTIDE:
Whack-job or not, he did amplify all of our powers.

HARPOON:
And he does have the right idea about us being at the top of the food-chain. I would rather be with Sinister then against him.

PYRO:
Fine. Christ already, let's just get this over with.

One by one, they began climbing down the ladder.

INT. MORLOCK TUNNELS

Now they were in an dimly-lit labyrinth of an abandoned concrete passageway filled with graffiti, crumbling walls, and other unknown dangers. The Marauders walked through the tube shaped structure, rock on either side and above them.

They kept going until finally reaching the entrances of three different passageways.

HAVOK:
Now what?

PYRO:
It's okay, I remember this. I'll take the middle, Scrambler and Havok, take the one on the left. Riptide and Harpoon, take the one on the right. Just keep heading straight. Eventually they all lead to a place called the den, it's the largest area. Usually that's where most of the Morlocks hang around.

They did as Pyro said and split up.

INT. FIRST PASSAGEWAY

BLISS, a young man with pinkish skin walked along the tunnel with the shadow of a puppy guiding him.

BLISS:
I know you're there, Rebecca.

A wave of shadows then disappeared as SILHOUETTE was now standing before him with a smile on her face.

SILHOUETTE:
Hey Bliss. Shadow puppies are the cutest.

BLISS:
Yeah, they are.

The brown haired girl looked down at it as it continued to run around until it too vanished. Bliss then kissed her as something began to go up her inner thigh.

Silhouette gasped as Bliss' right arm had been replaced with a tentacle.

BLISS:
You like, do you? Maybe later, you'll get another kiss. Won't that be nice?

A spear was then hurled through the air and pierced right through the chest of Bliss. Silhouette screamed as a weapon stabbed her as well, right in the mid-section.

She fell to the ground and looked widely around for her attacker. Harpoon pulled up another spear as Riptide walked over and put a foot on her chest to stop her from possibly trying to get up and run.

SILHOUETTE:
Why at you doing this?

She managed to choke out the words through tears and pain. Riptide however showed no signs of remorse.

RIPTIDE:
It's all in the best interest of science, little Morlock. At least take comfort in that.

INT. MIDDLE PASSAGEWAY

Pyro suddenly came to a halt when he heard the blood-curdling scream of a young girl.

INT. THE DEN

The leader of the Morlocks, CALLISTO stood before a table, going over the plans of their next run.

CALLISTO:
The food truck should be arriving at ten o'clock.

She stood with CALIBAN and her second in-command, ARCLIGHT. SPYKE was also there with his younger lighter-skinned cousin, MARROW who had similar powers to his as she could use her bones as weapons.

ARCLIGHT:
I think that Marrow should come with us tonight, Spyke.

SPYKE:
I don't know, she's still a little young.

CALLISTO:
You're never too young to be taught how to survive.

Suddenly, the room shook violently which caused all of them to look at each other. Caliban however looked more frightened then the rest of them.

CALLISTO: (Con't)
What is it?

CALIBAN:
Something is coming. There are five intruders down here.

INT. THIRD PASSAGEWAY

Havok had just blasted two Morlocks, BERTRAM and BOUNCER away. Their bodies lay on the ground, fried as smoke came off the two. Suddenly, DIAMONDBACK, a mutant with snake-like skin came at him and spat acid.

Havok managed to dodge most of it but a little splashed off the wall and hit his right arm which began to burn him. Havok yelled out in pain as Scrambler quickly came at Diamondback, touching his neck which shut off his powers.

Now filled with rage, Havok blasted the mutant with such force, it took him all the way to the ceiling, blasting him out into the street above.

EXT. MADISON AVENUE

The ground erupted upward, tossing a car into the air which crash landed in a diner. The hummer Beast was driving was only a few yards away. It quickly drove up and stopped at the large hole in the road and the X-Men filed out of the vehicle to gather around it.

To their shock, Diamondback was buried under some debris. They began pulling it off of him and the snake-mutant coughed up blood. He was badly wounded and near death.

Beast crouched next to him. Diamondback opened one eye and stared at him. He noted his appearance.

DIAMONDBACK:
Help us. Strangers...in the alley...they kill...Morlocks...dying.

That was all he could get out before he died. Beast now looked terrified.

BEAST:
Oh my god.

He then turned to the team.

BEAST: (Con't)
Come on, we have to go down.

The X-Men then carefully began to climb down the large hole in the road.

INT. MIDDLE PASSAGEWAY

As Pyro continued on he noticed that a passageway entrance was coming up on the right. He paid no mind to it while heading straight when suddenly he was thrown off-guard when someone jumped on his back.

PESTER, a mutant who had fangs for teeth was now biting him on the side of his neck. He reached back and threw her off just as MOLE busted out from under the ground and grabbed Pyro's legs, knocking him down.

SAMSON, THORN, and HUMP, several Morlock kids then all came out and began pelting him with rocks.

PYRO:
Stop! Damn it, I don't want to hurt you!

He then was then roughly grabbed and pulled up by his throat. ENT, a Morlock with super-human strength was now choking the life out of him. Having no choice, Pyro raised both arms and released a wave of fire from both hands. All six Morlocks were engulfed and their bodies instantly turned to ash.

Raising the back of his hand to his mouth, Pyro gagged at the smell before turning away from the horrific sight. He felt sick and once he was a good half a mile away, Pyro vomited.

Last edited by ZeroDarkThirty; 08-18-2017 at 02:27 PM.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:39 PM   #8
ZeroDarkThirty
Side-Kick

INT. MORLOCK TUNNELS-SECOND PASSAGEWAY

Awakened from a peaceful sleep and forced from their mattresses by screams, blasts, and the shaking of the ground and walls; Morlock men, women, and children found themselves thrust into an unimaginable nightmare of terror. Suddenly facing the very real threat of extermination, the thing they all had feared may happen one day, they ran for their lives.

Riptide blew through the tunnels, mowing down anyone in his way. His cyclonic spinning gave great velocity to the myriad arsenal of bladed weapons that Harpoon carried and tossed into the air. The blades sliced through flesh and bone at hundreds of miles an hour, cutting off arms and legs and even decapitating a few. Harpoon got anyone that was still alive, impaling and eviscerating them with his powered-up spears.

Spilled blood and guts littered the dirt floor as the mangled bodies of ERG, PIPER, ANNALEE, TOMMY, CYBELLE, ZEEK, SKIDS, MAGIK, SCALEFACE, and BLOWHARD lay in wake.

INT. THE DEN

LUCID, a mutant who had a beaked face with yellow eyes and a mutant with the appearance and strength of a silverback gorilla, APE had joined the others. Callisto and Arclight got ready as Marrow hid behind Spyke.

CALIBAN:
Here they come.

Arclight began sending shockwaves at the entrance of the den.

INT. ENTRANCE

Riptide, Harpoon, Havok, and Scrambler all crouched as large pieces of rock began falling down around them.

SCRAMBLER:
They're all yours, Rip. Cut them loose from life.

Riptide laughed in glee and began his death spin.

INT. THE DEN

His momentum turned cyclonic and rotated into funnel form. He engulfed Arclight, cutting her to pieces.

Spyke slammed Marrow to the ground, covering her body as his began to be cut up as well. Caliban was thrown backwards into the wall at a great speed as was Callisto. Running into the den, Havok blasted Lucid away, while Harpoon's spear impaled Ape's ribcage.

Ape roared with fury, clutching the long handle of the charged weapon as he fell to the ground in agony, the weight of his intestines threating to pull away from his body.

INT. SECOND PASSAGEWAY

Beast was leading the way as everyone gasped and cried out in shock while stepping over the bodies. They all looked like they were either getting ready to cry or scream.

SHADOWCAT:
Oh my god, how could someone do something like this?

BEAST:
We better watch our backs or we'll find ourselves in the same way.

COLOSSUS:
This wasn't the military, was it?

BEAST:
No. It couldn't have been.

INT. THE DEN

Riptide stopped spinning just in time to see the X-Men run into the area.

RIPTIDE:
Heads up, people! We've got trouble!

The Marauders immediately began to attack the X-Men. Havok quickly blasted Beast which sent him crashing backwards against the wall, knocking him unconscious. Shadowcat ran at him as he fired a blast of energy at her but she phased herself through it.

HAVOK:
What are you? A ghost?

SHADOWCAT:
No, worse. I'm a shadowcat and you can't touch me your murderer.

She ran at him and grabbed him around the waist, pulling him down through the ground, leaving him sunken in at the chest.

SHADOWCAT: (Con't)
How can anyone be so cruel?

Havok narrowed his eyes and blasted himself out from being stuck but he fell, crashing down to floor below.

Callisto, who possessed the gift advanced strength, speed, and stamina now stood back up, ready to assist the team. Scrambler tried to grab onto her but she landed a right cross to his chin, breaking his jaw. Scrambler fell to the ground, spitting out blood and a few teeth. Riptide only shook his head.

RIPTIDE:
Oh you poor boy. Need a rescue?

The Marauder laughed maniacally as he began to spin wildly. Sharp objects and spikes flew through the air, cutting into everyone standing in their way. Callisto ended up getting stabbed through the chest by a sharp object.

Colossus was the only one not affected by sharp objects so he tried to place himself between his teammates and the Marauders. Harpoon, kneeling at Colossus' feet, came up with another spear and slammed it into his chest, but the colossal X-Men held his place, making his stand as a white fire seemed to race through his metal form.

At that moment, Scrambler recovered and raced toward Rogue who grabbed onto him, ready to drain his powers. Instead, Scrambler reached up and grabbed onto Rogue's face. Because their mutant abilities were similar; his worked to disrupt mutant powers and she absorbed others powers, they ended up neutralizing each other and fell to the ground.

Harpoon saw Rogue down and vulnerable and decided to take advantage of the opportunity. He threw a charged-up spear at her back but Shadowcat saw the attack coming. Her reaction was instinctive to protect Rogue.

As the spear came in for its strike, she tackled Rogue and phased her teammate with her, praying that Harpoon's energy blast would pass right through them without harm.

It was a nice idea and it was the bravest of tries but when Rogue landed, she quickly noticed that Shadowcat didn't land right beside her.

ROGUE:
Kitty?

Rogue looked around widely but the other girl had disappeared. She was no where to be seen.

Kitty! Where are you!? Kitty!?

No answer.

Archangel didn't have a lot of space to fly, but he did so in an attempt to distract the team's opponents. Harpoon glared at him before sending a charged up spear directly at his left wing. He screamed in agony as the spear impaled his wing, kept going and struck the wall, leaving him stuck. Archangel continued to scream as he tried to pull the spear out of his wing but could barely reach it.

HARPOON:
That's music to my ears, fly-boy. You sing just like a bird.

He then sent another spear at him, this time at the right wing, Archangel was now crucified to the wall. The pain made him pass out.

JUBILEE:
Warren!

Jubilee began shooting at Harpoon with her sparks. Riptide however took his attention off of Colossus, spun himself around to Jubilee's direction. The sharp winds sent an even sharper blade straight at the teenage girl and slashed her throat.

COLOSSUS:
NO!

Everything seemed to go in slow-motion as Jubilee fell to the ground. Colossus quickly crawled over, grabbing her in his strong arms. Blood sprayed from the wound into Colossus' metal face. Jubilee looked up at him, she tried to say something but all that came out was a gurgle of blood.

Jubilation Lee, the newest member of the X-Men was now dead.

Colossus seethed and gave Riptide a look of sheer mayhem.

RIPTIDE:
You care so much for that *****? How about I send you to hell with her?

COLOSSUS:
You go ahead and try.

RIPTIDE:
My hurricane force winds can even cut you down to size, my robust friend.

COLOSSUS:
You are NOT my friend!

Riptide let loose with his speed again, but even as the spinning grew more in intensity, it wasn't able to stop Colossus.

COLOSSUS: (Con't)
And you are wrong!

Colossus clenched his teeth in fury as he snatched Riptide's throat with his steel grip. Riptide struggled to breath or to scream, digging at the metal vice around his neck.

CRACK!

Riptide's body went slack and the dead weight pulled the murdering Marauder to his knees. Colossus held him there by his broken neck and looked over his shoulder for his other opponent. Seeing Archangel pinned against the wall by his wings made him snarl.

COLOSSUS:
Make peace with your maker, little man! You are next!

Dropping Riptide's dead body to the ground, he went for Harpoon when he was suddenly engulfed in flame.

PYRO:
Tell me Colossus. At what temperature does steel begin to melt?

He continued to concentrate all his power onto Colossus. The big steel mutant tried to walk forward but the flames were just to great and it forced him back until he was pressed against the wall.

The blaze grew further and Colossus fell to his knees, passed out. Pyro continued on for another minute before finally pulling his fire away, leaving scorch marks on the once stainless steel of Colossus.

Pyro then saw the shadow of someone sneaking up on him. He swung around and nailed Rogue right in the face knocking her into unconsciousness. Pyro's eyes widened when he saw who he had just hit.

PYRO:
Oh, ****.

Harpoon then raised a spear to bring down on her.

PYRO:
No!

Pyro shoved him away.

PYRO: (Con't)
We'll take her with us! Sinister can use her!

It was the only thing he could think of that would spare her from his teammates. The rest of the X-Men had all been taken out. Pyro then bent down and picked Rogue up in his arms, cradle-carrying her as he led the way out of the tunnels.

EXT. XAVIER INSTITUTE-SUB-COMPLEX

Siryn, along with JAMIE MADROX, SAM GUTHRIE, and TABITHA SMITH, three other older students walked along because they had seen the jet from the window when they were sitting in the student lounge.

INT. HANGAR

The jet landed and the ramp opened up. The four of them watched as Logan and Ororo came down first, then gathered around them.

SIRYN:
You're back. We've been worried.

LOGAN:
Whoa, what's with you guys?

SAM:
Where have you been? It's been two days.

Logan and Ororo glanced at each other, suddenly realizing that they hadn't bothered to get in touch with the rest of the team during their time on the island.

ORORO:
Oh, I'm so sorry. We completely forgot to radio back tell you all where we were.

JAMIE:
So what happened? Why'd you guys rush out of here?

Ororo smiled.

ORORO:
We've got a surprise for you.

After she said that, Scott and Jean walked hand in hand off the jet and came to stop in front of the group. Siryn, Sam, and Jamie all looked like they were staring at a ghost. They had known that Jean had died saving the X-Men at Alkali Lake.

SAM:
Ms. Grey.

SIRYN:
You're alive.

JEAN:
I am. Well, technically, I was never dead.

Tabitha however was confused.

TABITHA:
Who are you?

Jean looked at the girl with short blonde hair, wearing a pink shirt and blue-jean shorts. She extended a hand to her.

JEAN:
My name is Jean Grey. I was, or I am a teacher here. You must be new.

Tabitha shook Jean's hand.

TABITHA:
I am. My name is Tabitha Smith, or Boom-Boom.

Logan cocked his head.

LOGAN:
Boom-Boom?

Tabitha glanced at him.

LOGAN: (Con't)
Okay...would you like to try again?

She narrowed her eyes, playfully.

TABITHA:
Boomer. Is that better?

LOGAN:
Not much.

Jean laughed a little. Logan seemed to have much more patience with the kids then she remembered.

JEAN:
It's nice to meet you. I look forward to catching up with everyone. I know I must have missed a lot. Life here is never quiet.

SAM:
You can say that again.

It was then did Jamie stare at Scott's face and realized he wasn't wearing glasses or a visor.

JAMIE:
Professor Summers, your eyes! Your eyes are fixed!

Siryn and Sam then realized it too.

SAM:
Whoa. How did that happen?

Scott smiled as he looked at Jean.

SCOTT:
We'll tell you everything, tonight. I promise.

The kids nodded before turning away. All except for Siryn who went up to Logan with the map given to her by Rogue.

SIRYN:
Dr. McCoy took the rest of the team to go talk with some mutant group.

LOGAN:
They left you here all by yourselves?

SIRYN:
He said it was urgent. And that he needed help.

Logan took that map and looked at Ororo. She now seemed concerned.

ORORO:
Should we go after them?

LOGAN:
Yeah...I guess. Let's take the bike.

As Logan and Ororo headed to the garage, Jean had noticed the Professor hadn't come down and walked back up the ramp.

INT. X-JET

Xavier was rubbing his temples as Jean came back over towards him.

JEAN:
Professor? Are you alright?

XAVIER:
I'm fine, it's just...my telepathy. I feel like it's being blocked.

JEAN:
I'm not doing it.

XAVIER:
I'm aware. Could you...could you help me to my room?

JEAN:
Sure.

XAVIER:
Thank you, Jean.

EXT. XAVIER INSTITUTE-FRONT ENTRANCE

Once the metal gates opened up, Logan took off on the motorcycle, Ororo riding in back with her arms wrapped around his waist. Once they were a good distance away, two figures walked up.

Sinister and Gambit now stood in front of the gates.

GAMBIT:
What's in here?

Sinister smiled.

SINISTER:
The answer.

Last edited by ZeroDarkThirty; 08-20-2017 at 01:15 AM.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:17 AM   #9
neomatrix
New User - Level 0

great....

neomatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 05:12 AM   #10
ZeroDarkThirty
Side-Kick

EXT. XAVIER INSTITUTE GROUNDS-GARDEN

Jean walked through the garden that Ororo kept until she finally reached a memorial tree. Down on the ground in front of it was a plaque. Printed on it were the words;

'In loving memory of Jean Elaine Grey. Friend. Lover. Fighter.'

She telekinetically lifted the plaque up into the air until it was at eye-level. She continued to stare at it, focusing her power until the plaque changed into a solid diamond. Jean gasped as she reached out and took it into her hands.

JEAN:
Oh my.

Jean sent it floating back into the air. She turned the diamond into a plaque again, then turned it into a thick piece of gold.

INT. XAVIER INSTITUTE-FOYER

A eleven year old Native American girl, DANIELLE MOONSTAR was laying on her stomach with paper and crayons around her as she drew pictures. Suddenly, a large figure began to pass by her. Danielle looked up and stared blankly as Sinister smiled down at her before bringing his index finger to his lips, signaling for her to remain quiet.

INT. MASTER BEDROOM

Xavier was laying in bed on top of the covers as he stared up at the ceiling when the door was suddenly pushed open. Sinister now stood in the doorway. Upon seeing him, Xavier quickly sat up and stared at the mutant in shock.

SINISTER:
You seem surprised. You didn't sense my presence did you?

XAVIER:
Who are you?

SINISTER:
My name is Sinister. Mister Sinister.

Xavier closed his eyes and focused his telepathy, but as hard as he tried he found that he could not enter the other mutant's mind. The diamond on Sinister's forehead was glowing as he began to walk closer.

It will be easier if you don't resist. And...less dangerous.

Xavier gasped as he finally gave up. He now appeared exhausted from his attempt as he now breathed heavily.

XAVIER:
What do you want?

SINISTER:
Only two things. Where are Scott Summers and Jean Grey?

Narrowing his eyes, Xavier responded;

XAVIER:
You leave them alone.

Sinister laughed.

SINISTER:
Don't move.

Sinister grabbed Xavier by the collar before pulling him up off the bed and slamming him down into his wheelchair that sat next to the bed. He then grabs the handles and begins wheeling him out of his room.

INT. HALLWAY

XAVIER:
Where are you taking me?

SINISTER:
To the one true enemy of Professor Charles Xavier.

Sinister stops in front of the staircase.

Stairs.

He then shoves the wheelchair with all his might and Xavier went crashing down the staircase. His body tumbled down every step until Xavier landed on the ground, striking his head which knocked him out.

INT. HANGAR

Scott had been walking through the sub-complex of the mansion when a clanging noise in the hangar got his attention. Gambit was leaning up against the jet, metal staff in hand as he banged it on the ground.

As Scott approached him Gambit stopped and began to twirl the staff with his fingers.

GAMBIT:
Step right up, follow da spinning staff. Take your best shot, if ya dare.

SCOTT:
What are you doing in here?

Gambit shrugged.

GAMBIT:
Everyone's gotta be somewhere.

Scott wasn't on the defensive. He had been gone for months, maybe he was new here. Gambit however only smirked before quickly charging up his staff, swinging it at Cyclops' head who ducked and sent an optic blast at him.

Gambit leaped out of the way and came flying back at him, clipping Cyclops' ankle with his staff. Cyclops fell to the ground but when Gambit came over him, he sent a foot up to Gambit's stomach, knocking him backwards.

Gambit pulled out a few playing cards and charged them up, throwing them down at Cyclops.

Cyclops began rolling out of the way as the cards hit the ground and exploded one by one. He then rolled to his stomach and began firing more optic blasts from his eyes. Gambit dodged them with ease at the patterns he shot them in but was then hit in the shoulder which knocked him to the ground.

GAMBIT:
That's it!

Gambit pulled the rest of the deck out of the pocket, charged them all up and sent them at Cyclops at the same time. It blasted Cyclops hard in the chest and threw him backwards, knocking him violently against the wall.

Cyclops didn't move once he hit the ground and Gambit figured he was out. Gambit then turned his attention to the X-Jet. He put his hand on one of the wings, charged it up, then took his hand away causing the jet to explode.

INT. FOYER

Sinister walked down the stairs until he was standing over the Professor's crumbled body. He then turned his head to the left to see that Jean was now in the hallway, staring at the scene before her in horror.

JEAN:
What did you do?

Sinister smiled.

SINISTER:
Jean Grey.

Sinister then telekinetically threw her backwards and she was slammed against the wall. Jean pushed herself off and came at Sinister. They both circled each other with their arms extended in front of them, trying to gain the edge in a battle of telekinesis.

They tried pushing each other back but they found that neither one could really get the advantage.

SINISTER:
You've grown so much stronger over the years. I knew I was right.

He then pushed forward with more strength and Jean slowly began to go down to her knees.

But still no match for me.

Jean then snapped her head up to look at him, her eyes burning orange now. Sinister now seemed surprised as Jean began to push herself back up. Jean extended her hands and Sinister's feet began to slide backwards a little-

Gambit appeared from behind her and wrapped a mutant-inhibitor collar around her neck. Jean gasped when she was suddenly de-powered. Sinister then came at her, grabbing her head.

After a moment of concentration, Jean fainted and collapsed in his arms.

SINISTER:
Did you find Scott?

Gambit motioned with his head behind him and Sinister smiled when he saw Cyclops on the floor, knocked out with an inhibitor collar around his neck as well.

SINISTER:
Very good, son. Let's go, we have what we need.

INT. MADISON AVENUE

Several police cars and ambulances surrounded the giant hole in the street. Warren had been taken away to a hospital, he may never be the same due to the damage to his wings. Hank watched as Pitor was on a stretcher, being loaded into another ambulance. His organic steel had saved Pitor from certain death but he was not without injury. Several of his steel plates had been welded together and his left cheek was an indistinguishable blob of metal. And Jubilee...

Hank shook his head as tears came to his eyes. He was overwhelmed with guilt.

Logan who was driving on the motorcycle to the location on the map saw the scene up ahead and pull the bike on the side. He and Ororo got off the motorcycle and ran towards Hank.

LOGAN:
Hank!

ORORO:
Hank, what happened?

HANK:
We were attacked. Pitor and Warren have been taken to the hospital. And Jubilee...she's dead.

Ororo gasped.

ORORO:
What?

LOGAN:
What the hell was she doing with you! She wasn't trained!

HANK:
This wasn't supposed to happen!

ORORO:
What about Bobby? Kitty?

LOGAN:
And Rogue?

HANK:
Bobby wasn't with us. Rogue and Kitty...I don't know. They're missing.

Logan yelled out in rage as he punched Hank, knocking him to the ground.

ORORO:
Logan stop! This wasn't his fault!

Cops got in between all of them, however it was Ororo that kept Logan from releasing his claws and losing it completely. One of the cops helped Hank up as they all tried their best to keep calm.

POLICE OFFICER:
We found two survivors. Everyone else down there is dead.

Caliban and Marrow stood together, both had haunted looks in their eyes. Ororo approached them.

ORORO:
You should come with us.

Ororo then looked at Hank then at Logan.

Let's get back to the mansion and figure things out.

INT. BATTERY PARK

The stratojet that Gambit piloted landed and the group of mutants who had been waiting for them began filing in.

INT. STRATOJET

Sinister noticed that one of his Marauders was missing.

SINISTER:
Where is Riptide? Who is she?

Sinister looked to Rogue as Pyro placed her limp body gently down in a seat, strapping her in.

PYRO:
Riptide is dead. This is Rogue, she's a friend of mine. I thought that she could be useful to us.

SINISTER:
What's her power?

PYRO:
She steals the life force of anyone she touches. She can take other mutants power.

SINISTER:
Hmm.

Sinister then looked from Rogue to Havok.

Maybe I'll have use for her.

The jet took off into the air as they all settled in.

SINISTER:
Riptide was killed, was he? No big deal, I can clone him with his DNA sample.

Pyro looked at him as he took off the mask.

PYRO:
You can what?

Pyro then looked behind him and at the end of the jet he could see the body of Cyclops laying on the ground. And right next to him...was Jean Grey.

He continued to stare at them in bewilderment for a moment before turning back around. Sinister was staring at him and from the look on his face Pyro could tell he had been reading his thoughts again.

SINISTER:
Who told you could take your mask off?

Pyro raised his chin defiantly but Sinister held his stare with lifeless red eyes. Finally, Pyro did as he was told and pulled his mask back on his face.

INT. XAVIER INSTITUTE-KITCHEN

The door of the walk in freezer opened. Bobby slowly stepped out of it. He raised his hands up in front of him and began focusing.

BOBBY:
Come on...come on.

His hands began to shake as he concentrated as hard as he could.

BOBBY:
Come on.

Then, starting at the fingertips flesh slowly but surely began to re-appear back on his hands. It went down to his wrists and finally spread to his chest and shoulders. The ice at his feet began to disappear as well, flesh began to appear on his knees, than his upper legs, his waist. Then finally, the ice disappeared from his face, the last spot being his eyes.

Bobby slowly opened them and looked over at the window staring at his reflection. His normal face, his normal appearance was back. Fortunately, Hank had been right.

Bobby let out a huge breath of relief.

INT. FOYER

Running into the foyer, Bobby came to the Professor's side as he groaned in pain.

BOBBY:
Professor...Professor!

Xavier seemed to stir just as the front doors opened and Logan, Ororo, and Hank came in with Caliban and Marrow behind them.

LOGAN:
What happened here?

BOBBY:
I don't know. I think he fell down the stairs.

Danielle came over to them.

DANIELLE:
It was the devil-man.

ORORO:
Who?

Danielle showed them the picture she drew. It was of a monster with red eyes.

ORORO:
You're saying the person who came in here looked like this?

The little girl nodded as Xavier finally began to come around.

HANK:
Professor, can you hear me? Are you alright?

XAVIER:
Scott...Jean. He came for them.

HANK:
Wait...Jean?

LOGAN:
Yes, Jean. We don't have time for you to be shocked right now, we'll explain later.

INT. XAVIER INSTITUTE

Logan, Hank, Ororo, and Bobby searched the whole school, going from room to room but couldn't find them.

INT. STUDY

The Professor was back in his wheelchair, Caliban and Marrow sat on the couch as the four X-Men walked into the room.

BOBBY:
Scott's going to be mad. That jet was his baby.

LOGAN:
You're going to have to use Cerebro to find them.

XAVIER:
Cerebro hasn't worked since Stryker took cruicial parts for his own.

LOGAN:
You never had it fixed?

XAVIER:
After what I almost did at Alkali Lake, I vowed to never use Cerebro again.

LOGAN:
So what the hell are we going to do?

Ororo looked to Caliban. She then remembered him from the church during the 'Mutants Against the Cure' meeting.

ORORO:
You. You can locate mutants, right? That's your power.

CALIBAN:
That's correct.

ORORO:
So you can find them.

CALIBAN:
It's not that easy. To track someone directly I need to know who it is. The more detail the better.

ORORO:
Scott Summers. Code-name Cyclops. He can fire optic beams from his eyes. Six foot two, brown hair-

LOGAN:
He's a dick.

ORORO:
Logan.

LOGAN:
Well he is.

ORORO:
Now is hardly the time.

CALIBAN:
I'm picking him up. Who was the woman?

ORORO:
Jean Grey. Powers of telepathy and telekinesis.

CALIBAN:
They're both in the same place.

LOGAN:
Where!

CALIBAN:
Fort Lauderdale. They're being kept in some kind of laboratory.

HANK:
We need to know the labs exact location.

CALIBAN:
I can give you everything. The street, the address, everything.

HANK:
Good.

LOGAN:
So, how the hell are we going to get there without a jet?

Hank smiled a little.

HANK:
I think I have a way.

EXT. LIBERTY LANDING MARINA

A hummer pulled up as Wolverine, Beast, Storm, and Iceman got out, all in uniform as they walked on the docks.

BEAST:
Here's a little something we've been working on.

A vessel then emerged from under the water. It was smooth, silver miniature submarine.

BEAST: (Con't)
I call it 'Hydra-X'.

WOLVERINE:
This will take hours to get us there.

BEAST:
Not so. It has what's called 'supercavitation'. Our journey time should be less than an hour.

INT. HYDRA-X

The team filled in, Beast taking the driver's seat. The vessel submerged in the water. Beast pressed a button and the vessel was enveloped inside of an air bubble to avoid problems caused by water drag.

BEAST:
Let's see what she can really do.

He grabbed the lever, sending it forward and Hydra-X shot through the water at the speed of a rocket-powered torpedo.

EXT. XAVIER INSTITUTE-STUDY

The Professor still remained in the study, along with Caliban and Marrow.

MARROW:
Where's Spyke?

XAVIER:
Who is Spyke?

CALIBAN:
Her cousin. He didn't make it.

Marrow then began to cry and buried her head in Caliban's chest.

XAVIER:
I'm sorry, Marrow. But you'll be safe here. I promise.

VOICE:
Professor! Professor!

Xavier's brows furrowed as he heard a frantic voice from out in the hallway. He wheeled himself out.

INT. HALLWAY

Standing there was Kitty Pryde, her body was ghost-like.

XAVIER:
Oh my goodness.

KITTY:
Professor, professor...I can't unphase!

Xavier wheeled over to her. He reached out and his hand passed through her as if she wasn't really standing there.

XAVIER:
Concentrate, child.

KITTY:
I'm concentrating as hard as I can but nothing is happening!

Xavier then remembered Jean on Muir Island. How she had healed Scott's eyes, Ororo's wound, Kevin's mental illness.

XAVIER:
Be calm, Kitty. Jean can help you.

KITTY:
Jean?

Kitty then looked down at her right hand. It had suddenly faded away into nothingness. She was going to fade away into nothingness.

Last edited by ZeroDarkThirty; 08-14-2017 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:32 AM   #11
ZeroDarkThirty
Side-Kick

INT. MARAUDERS COMPOUND-HOLDING CELLS-NIGHT

There were a row of holding cells along the west side of the compound. All were empty except one. Rogue was laying with her back to the ground, hands tied behind her as Scrambler jabbed her upper right shoulder with a needle and syringe. That woke her up as she watched in horror as a vile was filled with her blood.

ROGUE:
What are you doing to me?

SCRAMBLER:
Drawing blood. I thought that was quite obvious.

He then exited the cell, slamming the door behind him and joined Pyro who was waiting outside of the cell.

SCRAMBLER: (Con't)
You better hope that she is a genetic match for Havok. Otherwise she's no use to Sinister.

ROGUE:
A genetic match for what?

Scrambler ignored her.

SCRAMBLER:
Keep guard.

Scrambler then left with the blood sample as Pyro just continued to stand. By this point Rogue was on her feet and was staring at him through the bars. Even though most of his face was covered by a mask, she could tell it was him.

ROGUE:
Why...why do you keep doing this?

Pyro turned his head slightly to see that her eyes were bright filled with unshed tears. He then turned his head away from her, ashamed for reasons he couldn't name.

Why do you put all this energy into the wrong cause? I never thought you were a bad person. Jesus, John, do you know what you've done? Do you know what you've lost?

PYRO:
I've lost my fair share.

ROGUE:
I know why you left in the first place.

PYRO:
You don't know anything.

ROGUE:
I've got you in my head, remember?

Pyro turned his head, now glaring at her.

Don't you see? All of your anger, your pain, your confusion. It all steams from one thing. Your denial of who you are.

PYRO:
What are you talking about?

ROGUE:
Bobby.

PYRO:
What about him?

Rogue shook her head as the tears fell to her cheeks.

ROGUE:
You just made me feel sorry for you.

Pyro didn't know why her words hurt. He'd disappointed a lot of people. He knew that, he was okay with that. Rogue pulled her eyes away from him and sat back down, burying her face in her knees as she continued to quietly cry.

INT. LABORATORY

Cyclops and Phoenix were just coming to. The inhibitor collars were still around their necks as they laid on a metal table, clasps over their wrists and ankles.

CYCLOPS:
Jean.

He looked beside him to see that she was there on a table right next to his.

PHOENIX:
I'm awake.

CYCLOPS:
We need to find a way to get out of here.

HAVOK:
Don't count on it.

Cyclops then turned his head to see where the voice came from and saw a young man sitting at a computer looking over a DNA strand. Phoenix too stared at the other man before looking back at Cyclops. The two of them sure looked a lot alike.

Havok finally sensed a pair of eyes watching him and looked to Cyclops who just blinked and continued to stare.

HAVOK: (Con't)
Why are you looking at me like that?

Cyclops whispered;

CYCLOPS:
What's your name?

SINISTER:
Havok.

Sinister and Gambit were standing at the doorway of the lab. Havok stood up and walked over to him.

Scrambler needs to see you.

Havok nodded and left the room. Sinister then turned to look back at Cyclops and Phoenix and walked further into the room, Gambit trailing behind him.

SINISTER:
Scott...Jean. How nice to see you again.

CYCLOPS:
Who are you? What do you want from us?

SINISTER:
Oh, I'm disappointed. I'm hurt. Did you really forget about me Scott? How about you, Jean?

PHOENIX:
We've never met you before.

Sinister laughed a little before turning his full attention to Cyclops.

SINISTER:
Your eyes may be healed, but they still cannot see.

He then placed his hand over Cyclops' eyes, covering them as he leaned in closer and whispered in his ear;

Remember who gave you your first pair of glasses.

EXT. XAVIER INSTITUTE-GROUNDS

Dr. Essex walked along side a fifteen year old Scott Summers.

ESSEX:
How are things going here, Scott?

SCOTT:
Fine. Mr. Lehnsherr designed a visor for me. It gives me control of my optic blasts.

ESSEX:
That's good. Anything else?

Scott laughed a little.

Yeah. I met this girl that's my age. She's right over there.

Scott nodded with his head and Dr. Essex looked past a small group of students to see a red haired teenager sitting under a tree, looking to be working on some class assignment.

ESSEX:
She's pretty.

SCOTT:
Yeah, she is. But…uh, I don't know how to tell her.

Dr. Essex smiled.

ESSEX:
How about I help you with that?

SCOTT:
How can you help me?

INT. INFIRMARY

Scott and Jean were now sitting next to each other, getting their blood drawn. Dr. Essex had just finished with Scott and now was preparing a new needle for Jean.

ESSEX:
Just a quick poke and you'll be done.

JEAN:
Why do you need a sample of our blood?

ESSEX:
I come here every now and then on Mr. Lehnserrh's behalf. I take blood samples of all the students to run tests. Just to be sure that everyone is healthy. All done.

He then placed a bandage over Jean's arm.

SCOTT:
Did it hurt?

JEAN:
No.

SCOTT:
My name's Scott by the way. Scott Summers.

Jean laughed.

JEAN:
Yeah, I know. We sit next to each other in Dr. McCoy's class. I've been waiting two months for you to say something.

Scott smiled.

SCOTT:
Better late than never, eh?

EXT. LABORATORY

Sinister took his hand away and Cyclops was staring up at him, wide-eyed as he now knew.

CYCLOPS:
Dr. Essex?

Sinister nodded.

CYCLOPS: (Con't)
What happened to you? You stopped coming around the school, I thought you might have died.

SINISTER:
In a way, I did.

CYCLOPS:
Why are you doing this to us?

SINISTER:
Because you two are the prototypes. The chosen ones. Your genetic material will be the foundation for the master bloodline of the ultimate race of mutants. You two will give birth to the future.

CYCLOPS:
Whatever you want, just leave Jean out of this.

SINISTER:
I'm afraid I can't. Her DNA is the perfect match for you. And soon, I will find the perfect match for your brother.

CYCLOPS:
My brother? The guy who was just in here? That was Alex?

SINISTER:
Yes. He's alive Scott. He always has been. I found him after his foster parents died under...mysterious circumstances.

Cyclops seethed.

CYCLOPS:
What have you been doing with him?

SINISTER:
Making him the man you should have been. And since he has the Summers bloodline, Alex will be able to spawn powerful offspring as well. Strong enough to hold together the DNA splicing of all mutations.

PHOENIX:
You're playing god with other mutant's lives.

SINISTER:
Do you have a better suggestion? Xavier would rather faun over humankind in hopes of a sniveling coexistence. Or Magneto would have you fight among yourselves to prepare for a war you cannot win, unless you are willing to force mutation to the next stage.

CYCLOPS:
As your slaves?

SINISTER:
As my creation. As my gift to the world. The mutant powers of all combined in each, as my children. From your offspring, I will control the future of all mutant creatures on earth.

Cyclops and Phoenix listened in wide-eyed terror. Even Gambit shared that look. Phoenix slowly shook her head.

PHOENIX:
I thought that Magneto was a monster. But you-

SINISTER:
-Are utterly and contemptuously sinister. I know. They were my wife's dying words.

PHOENIX:
She was right.

Sinister then came forward and slapped Phoenix across the face.

CYCLOPS:
Hey! Stay away from her!

EXT. MARAUDERS COMPOUND-(OVERHEAD SHOT)

Suddenly the wind began to pick up. Hard rain started to fail from the sky as the clouds turned grey and the wind began to intensify so greatly the trees that surrounded the compound bent so far back they snapped.

INT. MARAUDERS COMPOUND-CONTROL ROOM

The facility began to shake as the wind slammed into it. The lights began to flicker. Scrambler looked to the monitor to see that a tropical cyclone had formed over the compound.

He grabbed the radio.

SCRAMBLER:
Mr. Sinister?

INT. LABORATORY:

Sinister answered.

SINISTER:
What?

SCRAMBLER: (O.S)
We've got a bit of a problem. A hurricane just suddenly formed in this area.

Sinister narrowed his eyes.

SINISTER:
Prepare yourself Scrambler. We are not alone.

Cyclops and Phoenix looked at each other as a small bit of relief passed over them. The others were coming to save them.

Just how many of you damn X-Men are there?

PHOENIX:
Enough to handle you.

SINISTER:
We'll see about that. My Marauders annihilated your X-Men the last time they tried to interfere. The results of this test will be the same as before.

Sinister then looked to Gambit who still seemed numb to this whole thing.

Watch them. I will deal with this personally.

INT. FRONT ENTRANCE

The building shakes violently as a large bolt of lightning comes down from the sky and strikes the facility.

BOOM!

A crash is heard as Storm has punched a large hole in the side of the building with her lightning.

Wolverine, Storm Beast, and Iceman stepped through it, entering a long white corridor with a multitude of glass doors on either side. Storm's eyes burned white as she kept the hurricane going which continued to pummel the building.

While Wolverine, Storm, and Beast kept walking at a brisk pace, they didn't notice that Iceman had gone off his own way. Suddenly a blast from a gun went off and Beast was captured in a net.

Beast roared as he fought to get out of it. Wolverine ran to his side, ready to cut it open with his claws when he was hit from behind from Harpoon.

Harpoon had a spear and stabbed Wolverine in the stomach with it. Wolverine sliced the spear in two as Storm fired a lightning bolt at Harpoon, sending him flying backwards. Sneaking up, Scrambler reached out and grabbed Storm around the back of her neck. The hurricane outside then slowly began to dissipate.

Wolverine, claws glinting, smacked Scrambler away from her. Scrambler was thrown against the wall, his nose was now bloody but he had a smile on his face.

SCRAMBLER:
You touched me.

Harpoon then threw his spear at Wolverine's chest which impaled him. Storm looked to him, expecting him to pull it right out and heal quickly but he slowly began to slump to the floor.

Wolverine moaned in pain and his eyes closed. His claws retract leaving his knuckles bloody where they cut his skin.

STORM:
What's happening?

Storm dropped down next to him. Beast stopped struggling in the net as he looked on, confused as well.

STORM:
Logan! Wake up! Logan!

Scrambler was amused by her concern.

Wolverine weakly opened his eyes and slowly pulls the spear from his chest. The wound was bad as dark red blood poured from it and it wasn't healing. He looked at Scrambler and tried to struggle, but couldn't even manage that.

SCRAMBLER:
I have an interesting touch as you can see. I can either alter another mutant's power or take it away altogether, as in your case.

STORM:
Please...please, please, he's dying! He'll die if you don't give him back his powers!

BEAST:
We surrender! Just help him!

Scrambler smirked and looked back at Harpoon.

SCRAMBLER:
Go get some more collars.

INT. LABORATORY

Cyclops was struggling in his restraints.

CYCLOPS:
We've got to get out of here.

PHOENIX:
I can't use my powers at all.

BEEP!

Suddenly the collars on Cyclops and Phoenix were released. They turned their heads to see Gambit with the remotes in his hands. They didn't stall any longer as Cyclops fired his optic blasts at his restraints while Phoenix telekinetically torn hers off. They got up off the table and faced him.

Cyclops eyes lit up a little, ready to blast him if he made a move but Gambit did nothing.

GAMBIT:
I can't be apart of this. Not anymore. This madness...it's too much.

CYCLOPS:
You kidnapped us.

Gambit lowered his eyes.

GAMBIT:
I'm sorry. I'm his son.

CYCLOPS:
So why are you helping us now?

GAMBIT:
To atone for my father's sins. He must be punished for all the things he's done.

CYCLOPS:
Alex. Where is Alex?

GAMBIT:
He usually hangs around the training room.

INT. TRAINING ROOM

The compound shook again as the final winds of the hurricane died down but Havok seemed oblivious to it. He was staring at the photo of him with his foster parents. He whispered to himself;

HAVOK:
I hope I haven't let you down.

The doors of the training room were then opened. A figure was in the shadows as Havok spun around.

HAVOK: (Con't)
Who's there?

CYCLOPS:
Alex.

Cyclops closed the doors behind him and began to walk closer to the younger man.

HAVOK:
Stop or I'll kill you.

CYCLOPS:
Do you remember the plane accident?

HAVOK:
What are you talking about? Who are you?

CYCLOPS:
You may have blocked it out, you were only eight when it happened. Alex, I'm your brother-

Havok lets loose a blue blast of energy from his chest but Cyclops quickly ducks and part of the wall comes down when it's hit.

HAVOK:
My name is Havok!

CYCLOPS:
Al…Havok, listen to me! Whatever Essex might told you about me or the X-Men is not true!

BLAST!

Another piece of wall came down and Cyclops just barely managed to dodge out of the way.

Havok blasts at Cyclops again, this time hitting him. Cyclops winced but then slowly looks down and realizes he wasn't hurt. Havok cocked his head before sending out another blast and this time Cyclops doesn't even try to duck.

Cyclops then sent a blast of his own from his eyes which nails Havok in the shoulder. He too, is unhurt. Havok looked over himself in confusion.

HAVOK:
What…?

CYCLOPS:
I guess cause we're brothers are powers don't work on each other.

HAVOK:
Brothers? You're with the X-Men.

CYCLOPS:
Yes, and I'd like you to come with me.

HAVOK:
Never! You want to eliminate mutants.

CYCLOPS:
Is that was Essex told you? Look, we aren't the bad guys here.

Havok then punched Cyclops and grabbed a hold of him. He ran forward and slammed Cyclops against the wall.

Cyclops fell limp to the floor and covered up as Havok began to kick him. He worked his way back up to his feet, refusing to fight back. Havok went to throw another punch which Cyclops caught and forcibly pushed him against the wall so they were face to face.

CYCLOPS:
Stop!

HAVOK:
How come my power doesn't work on you?

CYCLOPS:
I told you, we're brothers!

HAVOK:
That's impossible.

Havok tried to get free, but Cyclops holds him tight. It takes everything he has to keep him against the wall.

CYCLOPS:
Listen! We were in a plane accident. Mom gave us the only two parachutes left so that we could live. I hit my head on the way down, it left me in a coma. I didn't know what happened to you. I was told you died too.

HAVOK:
Why are you with the X-Men?

CYCLOPS:
I found a home with them. We aren't trying to get rid of mutants, we protect them and humans who are helpless against dangerous people…like Essex.

HAVOK:
He's helped me.

CYCLOPS:
He doesn't give a damn about you. Only what you can do for him. Who do you think killed your adoptive parents?

Havok stared at him in shock.

HAVOK:
They were poisoned.

CYCLOPS:
By Essex.

INT. HOLDING CELLS-HALLWAY

Rogue and Pyro had heard all the commotion and they both knew who it was. Pyro removed his mask as he stared down the end of the hall, waiting for which ever X-Men came.

ROGUE:
John, please let me out.

Pyro ignored her.

John.

He finally turned his head to meet her pleading eyes.

ROGUE:
This doesn't have to end in a fight.

Right after she said that, frost came creeping down the walls. Rogue took a step back as the bars in the cell began to fill in with ice as Pyro smirked. He turned and sees Iceman standing there, a wall of ice forming behind him, making the hallway their own personal arena.

PYRO:
Is that supposed to scare me? You've never scared me, so don't bother trying.

ICEMAN:
I'm taking you back.

PYRO:
The only way I'll go back is dead.

Iceman frowned as he moved closer then looked down at Pyro's hands and noticed something missing.

ICEMAN:
No lighter?

PYRO:
I no longer need one.

Pyro's right hand then engulfed itself in flame. Iceman stared down at it for a moment before meeting his former friend's eyes again.

PYRO:
Last time we met, I spared you. I won't do it again. Walk away, Iceman.

ICEMAN:
You're not the only one who's learned some new tricks.

Iceman's hands clench and ice formed at his palms, solid and clear, spreading out from his hands up his arms and then everywhere else on his body. Pyro's eyes widened in surprise.

ICEMAN: (Con't)
Give it your best shot.

Pyro raised up his hands and coats himself in fire. Reddish-orange flames surround his body as he began to construct fire armor for himself.

PYRO:
Melting ice is my specialty.

Last edited by ZeroDarkThirty; 08-20-2017 at 01:38 AM.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:42 AM   #12
ZeroDarkThirty
Side-Kick

INT. MARAUDERS COMPOUND-ROOFTOP-NIGHT

Havok had led Cyclops and Phoenix up to the roof where the stratojet was sitting.

CYCLOPS:
Jean, take Alex and go.

PHOENIX:
What about you? And the others?

CYCLOPS:
I'll take care of it. I have to finish things here.

PHOENIX:
I'm not leaving.

CYCLOPS:
Please, Jean. I thought I lost you both. I don't want to take that chance again.

He gave her a pleading look before turning back and running back down into the compound. Phoenix looked back at Havok, unsure of what to do.

HAVOK:
Come on, let's go if we're going.

PHOENIX:
No.

She couldn't explain it, but Phoenix at that moment was now feeling the same way she had felt during that whole time that eventually culminated with her almost sacrificing her life to save the one's she loved. She felt like something terrible was going to happen.

PHOENIX: (Con't)
No I can't go. You stay here, I'll come back for you.

INT. XAVIER INSTITUTE-INFIRMARY

Kitty was sitting on the ground in her phased form, now her right leg and left arm had faded away. Xavier was sitting with her, trying to keep her as calm as possible as now her left leg was beginning to fade into nothingness.

If it were possible, Kitty would have been sobbing by now.

KITTY:
Professor...if I die-

XAVIER:
You're going to be alright, Katherine. Just try to remain calm.

KITTY:
Can Ms. Grey really help me?

XAVIER:
Yes, Katherine. You wouldn't believe the things that she is capable of now.

Xavier turned his wheelchair around and stared up at the ceiling as he whispered to himself;

Jean...where are you?

INT. MARAUDERS COMPOUND-HOLDING CELL HALLWAY

Pyro had formed two lines of flame and sent them towards Iceman who raised his hands and shot out a thick stream of ice. Just like the last time they fought, the two powers collided, Pyro pushed against the ice, Iceman pushed against the fire. This went on for several minutes until both of them started to weaken. Pyro's legs started to shake and Iceman's arms were lowering.

Finally, both men released at the same time and they tumbled to the ground, panting as they tried to recover.

After about a minute, Iceman extended his hand and created a thick ball of ice. He launched it at Pyro who quickly formed a line of flame which melted it. Iceman was shocked, it was his most accurate ice ball and it had failed. He then realized that ice blasts weren't going to hurt Pyro, he was too hot for that. He was going to have to strike him close.

Holding his hands up, Iceman formed a ice-slide to advance on Pyro and surfed towards him, sending an ice blast at him which nailed Pyro square in the chest, knocking the wind out of him.

Pyro was now angry and Iceman was so close that he wasn't able to defend himself from the next attack as Pyro sent a strong fireball at him, knocking him off balance and he crashed, hard to the ground.

Now that he was cornered, Pyro extended his hands and fired a stream of flame from each fingertip at his former friend. Iceman tried to freeze the multiple flames coming at him but Pyro re-lit them faster then Iceman could muster up the energy to escape his predicament.

The heat was getting to him, he could feel his ice form slowly start to melt away, which once that was all gone his powers would deplete, leaving him in a giant puddle of flowing ice.

ROGUE:
Both of you stop!

By this time the ice in between the bars of Rogue's cell had melted and she could now see what was going on. Pyro pulled his fire away and Iceman fell to one knee. He was now gasping for air and Pyro now actually had a look of concern, wondering if he had really hurt his one time best friend.

John, why did you leave?! Just tell him the real reason, or I will!

Pyro stared at Rogue for a long moment before taking a deep breath and looked back to Iceman.

PYRO:
Because you let me.

Rogue blinked.

ROGUE:
Back on the jet?

Iceman had recovered by this point. He shook his head.

ICEMAN:
You can't put that on me. You left. You're the one who left.

Pyro laughed a little.

PYRO:
Right, it's always me. Whatever, think what you want Bobby.

ICEMAN:
If I asked you to stay-

PYRO:
I would have. But you didn't, and it doesn't really matter now.

ICEMAN:
So that's why you left with Magneto?

Pyro lowered his eyes and stared at the ground. Rogue bit her bottom lip as Iceman returned to his normal appearance and his expression now held a bit of pain. It was like he knew what Pyro was talking about, even if he wasn't saying it. And Rogue knew what he was trying to say because Bobby had felt the same way.

ICEMAN: (Con't)
All you ever had to do was tell me.

PYRO:
You never said anything either.

ICEMAN:
I thought you'd kill me.

Pyro smiled slightly.

PYRO:
I probably would have.

Pyro then looked up and met Iceman's stare and at that moment, all the previous anger and tension that was between them faded away. If only one of them had the guts to say it back when John was still at the school, things might have turned out different. Still...maybe it wasn't too late.

INT. MARAUDERS COMPOUND-FOYER

Wolverine, Beast, and Storm stood in front of Sinister with mutant-inhibitor collars on. Harpoon and Scrambler stood on either side of them with spears ready in hand, just in case they tried anything.

SINISTER:
Was this the best you could do? Was this really the best the great Charles Xavier could come up with? My Marauders have defeated you so easily, twice now. You will not interfere with my greatest experiment. The future belongs to superior mutants, the ones I will create. None of you are necessary.

Sinister then approached Storm.

Except for you.

WOLVERINE:
Don't touch her.

SINISTER:
Or you'll what? Growl at me some more?

Sinister laughed before grabbing Storm's chin, forcing her to meet his eyes.

You control the weather, huh? I'll have use for your DNA.

BEEP!

The collars on the three X-Men were suddenly released. Wolverine didn't waste any time as he tore it off and struck Harpoon with his fist. Storm and Beast followed suit as Storm struck Scrambler with lightning while Beast assisted Wolverine.

Sinister spun around in shock to see Gambit standing behind him, the controllers in hand, a look of defiance on his face.

SINISTER:
What are you doing?

GAMBIT:
What I need to do.

SINISTER:
I taught you control.

GAMBIT:
You tried to control me!

Sinister looked to the side to see Beast dodged a spear and leap into the air, dropkicking Harpoon straight into Wolverine as he stabs him in the stomach. Harpoon's eyes widened before he fell to the ground.

Turning his head back to Gambit, Sinister spoke in a soft tone;

SINISTER:
You could have had power beyond anyone's imagination. You were destined for greatness, to rule all mutants by my side-

GAMBIT:
And on a chain! I've had enough of this! I'm leaving, wherever I end up will be just fine with me!

SINISTER:
So you'll trust chance?

GAMBIT:
I'll trust myself.

Sinister's face then twisted with rage as he then pointed at Gambit.

SINISTER:
I should have let you die!

GAMBIT:
Yeah, maybe you should have.

SINISTER:
Now to me, you're just another failed experiment.

Gambit prepared to charge up several playing cards but Sinister locked eyes with him as the diamond on his forehead began to glow.

Choke yourself.

Against his will, Gambit's hands moved to his neck and he began to follow the order. He fell to the ground, and his face began to turn red as he continued to throttle himself.

SINISTER:
They say a man can't strangle himself to death. But you're not a man.

BLAST!

Sinister was suddenly hit by an optic blast. Gambit was freed as he gasped for air in-between coughs. Cyclops then fired several more optic blasts at Sinister. Sinister stumbled back after each hit. Once they stopped coming he looked down at his wounded body before smiling.

Cyclops then watched, dumbstruck as Sinister's body regenerated itself.

SINISTER:
Gaining complete control of my body at a cellular level was the first thing I learned.

CYCLOPS:
I won't be apart of your experiment, Essex.

SINISTER:
You will not deny me this, Scott.

CYCLOPS:
I will! And so does Jean! Whatever we do, whatever we become will be up to us, not you!

Sinister then reached out a hand and Cyclops went flying towards him. Sinister now had him by the throat and he lifted him into the air.

SINISTER:
This process can either be smooth, or will be torture. It's your choice.

He then spun and tossed Cyclops to his teammates to which he collided with, knocking them all to the ground. Storm fired a lightning bolt but Sinister re-directed it back to the ceiling. It hit several metal beams which all fell to the ground with loud bangs.

Wolverine screamed in rage as he got up and charged Sinister. He simply motioned his head to the left and Wolverine went flying against a glass door which shattered. Sinister then got into his mind and ordered the command;

SINISTER:
Choke yourself.

Involuntary, Wolverine began to do just that. He grabbed his throat and dug into it so hard he drew blood.

Beast roared as he leaped at Sinister. Jumping into the air, Beast prepared to attack him but Sinister held out his hand, freezing him in mid-strike. He then looked to the end of the room and saw that one of the metal beams ends had been split and was now like a long, sharp knife.

Smiling, Sinister thrusts out his hand and Beast is sent flying backwards. He is impaled through the chest on the beam.

CYCLOPS:
HANK!

Beast's eyes rolled over as he went limp and slumped forward, his forehead resting on the split metal beam. Storm let out a scream as Sinister laughed, enjoying the moment.

But, it was only brief as an explosion of telekinetic energy went off in the area of the foyer which knocked Sinister off his feet. Gambit, who was close by him, rolled and quickly got out of dodge.

Sinister quickly got up to see Phoenix, her entire body glowing with energy as she had an enraged look on her face.

PHOENIX:
You!

Phoenix sent a blast of energy at Sinister in the form of a claw that grabbed him around his front and slammed him up against the wall.

Do you have an idea what you have done?

She fixed an intense gaze on him, chest heaving. Telekinetic wind then began to rapidly blow around the two of them as Phoenix took the claw away.

PHOENIX:
You looked to create the ultimate mutant. What you didn't know was that one already existed.

Sinister began to levitate into the air, his skin flapping in the strong wind.

I am power.

Sinister's body tenses up. He manages to say;

SINISTER:
Please...Jean...

PHOENIX:
I AM PHOENIX!

Now surrounded in a fiery aura, she focuses as the telekinetic winds spin violently around Sinister before his body explodes, completely demoleculerized.

The telekinetic storm then died down. Phoenix's body stopped glowing as she looked ahead at Cyclops and Storm carefully pulling Beast's body off of the split beam and laid him down on the floor. They were both crying over him and at this point Wolverine had recovered and had walked over to them. Wolverine looked down at Beast, shocked silent. Storm reached out and touched the cheek of Beast's furry face.

STORM:
Hank...

Wolverine then fell next to Storm, embracing her. Tears then finally came to his eyes as he gently rocked Storm back and forth.

Rogue, Iceman, and Pyro then walked into the room and saw what everyone was looking at. Dr. Henry McCoy, one of the Professor's first recruits, someone who had fought so hard for mutant's rights had been killed. Phoenix slowly fell to her knees, tears fell from her eyes as she knew that she could have prevented this, but it was too late. Phoenix then let out a scream of agony as she dropped down to her knees. The building then shook as a blast of telekinetic energy went off around her.

As tears fell from her eyes Phoenix suddenly sensed something else. Back at the mansion, someone was in dire need of help. It was too late to save Hank and she wouldn't let them lose anyone else tonight.

Phoenix's body then began to glow until she was fully immersed in a bright light. Then in a flash, the light disappeared and so had Phoenix.

Last edited by ZeroDarkThirty; 08-19-2017 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:28 PM   #13
ZeroDarkThirty
Side-Kick

EXT. XAVIER INSTITUTE-INFIRMARY

Xavier could only watch helplessly as Kitty continued to fade away. Slowly her torso went away, leaving only a pair of shoulders, a head, and neck.

XAVIER:
No, no, no.

KITTY:
Professor, tell the others I love them. Tell my parents I love them.

Xavier didn't know how to respond.

KITTY: (Con't)
And I love you, Professor.

He smiled as he had to hold back tears.

XAVIER:
I love you too, Katherine. You are one of my best students.

KITTY:
These last few years have been the best ever. Thank you.

Upon saying that, her face was now starting to fade. Xavier looked on as a tear fell from his eye. But then, he felt a strong presence in the room. Xavier looked over to see Jean standing in the entrance. Her hands glowed with energy as she concentrated.

Slowly, Kitty's faded body began to return until she was whole again. Her body then unphased and her physical form was back.

Kitty looked over herself, smiling brightly as an overwhelming sense of relief washed over her and the Professor both. Kitty then ran over to Jean.

KITTY:
Ms. Grey. You came.

JEAN:
Looked like just in the nick of time.

KITTY:
A couple of minutes ago wouldn't have been so bad either.

Jean smiled as Kitty came forward and gave her a tight hug. Kitty then let her go and ran out of the infirmary as Xavier took a deep breath, thankful that his student had been saved.

But as he looked back at Jean, he noticed the sullen look on her face.

XAVIER:
What is it? What happened?

Jean lowered her head and closed her eyes.

JEAN:
We lost Hank.

INT. MOUNT SINAI HOSPITAL-DAY

Warren was lying in a hospital bed, finally starting to come to. He looked around the room, slowly, groggy as he realized that he wasn't alone. Siryn, Jamie, Sam, and Tabitha were also there. Once he saw that his eyes were open, Sam walked over to Warren's bedside.

SAM:
Hey buddy, you're awake.

WARREN:
What happened?

Tabitha swallowed a knot in her throat as she looked to Jamie.

JAMIE:
You got hurt on your last assignment.

WARREN:
I think I'm okay. My back hurts a little, but...

Siryn tried her best not to cry. She didn't want to have to break the bad news to him but she had to.

SIRYN:
Warren, your wings were badly damaged. The surgeon had to amputate them. Your not going to be able to fly anymore.

Warren stared up at her for a moment before slowly closing his eyes as he remembered his wings getting impaled. He then opened his eyes back again and stared up at the ceiling.

WARREN:
It was that bad? I can't fly anymore?

Siryn took his hand and squeezed it.

SIRYN:
I'm sorry.

All four of them looked sad for him but Warren seemed to have no reaction, no feeling at all. He was numb. He gently took his hand away as he sat up in the bed and swung his legs over the side.

TABITHA:
Warren, you should probably stay in bed.

WARREN:
I'm fine.

He growled as he got to his feet. He looked from side to side, flexed his shoulders and instantly knew his wings were gone.

WARREN: (Con't)
I'm not staying here. And I'm leaving that damn school too.

TABITHA:
What are you talking about? You know you don't have to leave-

WARREN:
I don't have a mutation anymore, so what's the point? The only thing I have left is my fathers company.

SIRYN:
Warren, please. I know you're upset but-

She tried to touch him but Warren grabbed her wrist and pushed her against the wall.

SAM:
Hey!

He then pulled Warren away from her.

SAM: (Con't)
I know you're mad, but don't do that.

Warren glared at him.

WARREN:
All of you get out. Get out!

The four of them glanced at each other before turning around to leave the room. Once the door closed Warren sat back down on the bed and buried his face in his hands.

EXT. GRAMERCY PARK MEMORIAL CHAPEL-SEVERAL DAYS LATER

The day of Hank's funeral was a sorrowful one indeed. The casket that held his body sat in front of the room. No one at the funeral was spared sobs or tears. Everyone that had gathered was crying for some reason or another. Some were crying over a lost family member, a lost friend, a lost teammate, a lost co-worker.

The memorial service went by in a haze as the X-Men all sat together. Kurt Wagner was there too as was Hank's chief of staff, Carol Danvers.

Charles Xavier was now currently sitting in front of them all as he took a deep breath, ready to give his speech. While his throat ached he was determined to get through this.

XAVIER:
We are here today to say goodbye, to mark the passing of Dr. Henry McCoy from this world. Henry was the first mutant that Erik Lehnsherr and myself found when we decided to open up a school for the gifted. He was a remarkable young man, smart and strong. Hank chose to use his abilities for the betterment of the world. He risked his life numerous times to help people, to protect them from all kinds of dangers. Soon, he became a teacher himself and did his best to mentor young, up and coming mutants.

Scott, Jean, and Ororo all nodded as they remembered his science class back when they were students.

He gave us strength in time of trouble, wisdom in time of uncertainty, and sharing in time of happiness. He was always by our side.

Kitty began to silently cry as Pitor took her hand. Bobby's eyes lowered as he thought about just a few days ago Hank trying to help him when he froze his entire body. Rogue was thinking back to when Hank gave her the last sample of the mutant cure.

Finally, Hank decided to retire from teaching and left for Washington to campaign for mutant's rights. He tried to engender a social conscience. There were wrongs that needed attention, mutants who needed help. He felt a responsibility to those of who's mutation effected their appearance, to be their voice in order to let them know they weren't alone and that they didn't need to live in shame. And now those of us who loved him and take him to his rest today, pray that what he was to us and what he wished for others will some day come to pass for all the world.

His bottom lip then trembled as decided to finish.

XAVIER:
Goodbye, Hank. We love you, and we will never forget you.

Everyone slowly got to their feet. The X-Men approached Hank's casket. With Logan, Bobby, Rogue, and Kitty on once side and Jean, Scott, Ororo, and Pitor on the other, they picked it up and carried it outside to the waiting hearse.

Carol then approached the Professor.

CAROL:
Professor Xavier, my name is Carol Danvers. I was Henry's chief of staff. He's told me so much about you and your school.

She extended her hand which Xavier shook.

CAROL: (Con't)
President McKenna is appointing me as the new Secretary of Mutant Affairs. I'll try my best to live up to Henry's name.

XAVIER:
If Henry trusted you, then so do I. Thank you, Carol.

Carol smiled at nodded as the Professor turned his wheelchair to join the others outside.

INT. XAVIER INSTITUTE-XAVIER'S OFFICE

Jean opened the door and walked in, closing it behind her.

JEAN:
You wanted to see me, Professor?

XAVIER:
Yes, Jean. Please sit down.

Jean walked further into the room and look the seat across from the Professor.

Jean, I need to talk to you about your rather...advanced abilities.

JEAN:
What about it?

XAVIER:
Now that this is all over, we'll be going back to what we were doing in the beginning. I will try my best to teach you how to manage your powers so that you have better control over them.

JEAN:
Professor, my control is fine. I've never felt so focused.

XAVIER:
It's not that Jean. I've never seen a mutant with so much power before. And you know my feelings about the misuse of power.

JEAN:
You think I'm going to misuse it?

XAVIER:
No, I'm just...concerned. That's all.

JEAN:
You don't have to be worried. Professor, I've been really thinking over the last few days. Imagine all the things I could do now. And not just heal physical injuries, but cancer, AIDS, Ebola, Malaria. No more illnesses, no more horrible deaths, no more suffering, no more tragedies. I can repair failing hearts and kidneys, liver and lungs. Blind eyes, deaf ears-

XAVIER:
Jean, you are getting way too ahead of yourself. You're a doctor, so I understand your desire to help as many people as you can. But let's just take things one step at a time. The more power you have the more good you can do. And the more bad you can do as well, if you're not careful.

Jean sighed but nodded.

JEAN:
Okay. One step at a time.

She then got up and headed for the door but before she grabbed the door handle she stopped and looked back at Xavier.

Professor, you've done so much for me, for everyone at this school. I want to do something for you.

Xavier smiled.

XAVIER:
Jean, you don't owe me anything.

JEAN:
I know, but I want to. If you trust me.

XAVIER:
You know I trust you, Jean.

Jean then focused her power in on the Professor. Slowly, he began to levitate out of his wheelchair. His body began to glow as Jean moved her hand around, like that of a skilled surgeon. After a few more moments, the glowing disappeared and Jean sat Xavier back down in the chair.

Xavier's brows furrowed as he touched his legs. His eyes widened in disbelief as he looked up at Jean as she smiled brightly down at him.

JEAN:
Now stand up and walk.

The Professor placed his hands on the arm rests of the wheelchair and placed his feet on the floor. He then pushed himself up and stood on his feet. He looked down as he began to take small steps forward, the first steps he's taken in nearly thirty years.

He kept walking until he reached the full length mirror that stood in the corner of the room and looked at himself. Xavier then turned his head to look at Jean. He and Jean's eyes were glassy, filled with unshed tears. At that moment they were both thinking the same thing.

They had always wanted to change the world for the better. That was their goal, that's what they were fighting for. Maybe this was their chance.

The End.

Last edited by ZeroDarkThirty; 08-20-2017 at 02:09 AM.
Old 08-19-2017, 12:48 PM   #14
ZeroDarkThirty
Side-Kick

Thank you to all that followed, I hope you found it to be an entertaining read. After my version of X3 this is what I would have done with an X-Men 4 film.

I plan on writing another that should be out within a week. It will center around Jean becoming Dark Phoenix.

From what I've read, Bryan Singer's version of Dark Phoenix would have been the result of Emma Frost having the powers of an empath which she uses to corrupt Jean. That will be the main plot of the next story.