The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Punisher

Old 11-20-2017, 10:33 AM   #801
Leo Zelinsky
Mutie

Default Re: The Punisher - General Discussion Thread

I can't decide if I like it better than DDs01. Also Barnes is just smoother and cooler than Fisk imo. I just wish it was more involved with Netflix MCU. Claire should've patched him up some.

"A man has to be what he is. You can't break the mold..... There’s no living with… with a killing. There’s no going back from one. Right or wrong, it’s a brand. A brand sticks. There’s no going back. Now you run on home to your mother, and tell her… tell her everything’s all right. And there aren’t anymore guns in the valley."
Leo Zelinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:35 AM   #802
Iron_Stark
That's a one-off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Von Zombie View Post
The ole "true fans" argument. You're going for the gold in the troll Olympics. I'm sorry that character nuance, development, and attempting to have something to say about the military industrial complex are concepts that are "too stupid' for you. There's always Punisher: War Zone, that seems more up your alley.
OMG I watched that movie the other day (was on one of the premium channels) and I forgot how incredibly terrible it was. I liked Stevenson as Frank, but the rest, TERRIBLE.

Also, when watching Jigsaw in that movie, I couldn't remember who he reminded me of, then it hit me, Paulie Walnuts from the Sopranos! He acted just like him, the way he talked, his mannerisms, everything. Watch some clips from the Sopranos and watch Jigsaw in that movie.

Seriously though, people want to complain about some liberties this show is taking should look at the liberties the three movies took, no skull emblem, being set in Miami, entire family get killed (aunts, uncles, cousins, etc), comical to downright cringe worthy embarrassing villains, and on and on. People need to be thankful this Punisher is fleshed out, and the villains are not a joke.

I just finished the episode where he's in the woods and I think this is the best show since DD season 1.

Old 11-20-2017, 10:41 AM   #803
Limonade
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Stark View Post
OMG I watched that movie the other day (was on one of the premium channels) and I forgot how incredibly terrible it was. I liked Stevenson as Frank, but the rest, TERRIBLE.

Also, when watching Jigsaw in that movie, I couldn't remember who he reminded me of, then it hit me, Paulie Walnuts from the Sopranos! He acted just like him, the way he talked, his mannerisms, everything. Watch some clips from the Sopranos and watch Jigsaw in that movie.

Seriously though, people want to complain about some liberties this show is taking should look at the liberties the three movies took, no skull emblem, being set in Miami, entire family get killed (aunts, uncles, cousins, etc), comical to downright cringe worthy embarrassing villains, and on and on. People need to be thankful this Punisher is fleshed out, and the villains are not a joke.

I just finished the episode where he's in the woods and I think this is the best show since DD season 1.
Yup. And I'm not saying that this Punisher season was perfect. The first half was a bit of slog to get through. I really was like some posters here and wondering where this stuff is going... but man--did the last half of the season delivered! I was glued to the TV after
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Lewis snapped

Limonade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 12:19 PM   #804
Darepool
In The Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Zelinsky View Post
I can't decide if I like it better than DDs01. Also Barnes is just smoother and cooler than Fisk imo. I just wish it was more involved with Netflix MCU. Claire should've patched him up some.
Honestly, I like Claire in general, but I appreciated that we didn't get her (increasingly) self-aggrandizing BS in this show.

Even though she doesn't know Frank, I'm sure we would have gotten some lecture from her.

Last edited by Darepool; 11-20-2017 at 12:26 PM.
Darepool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 12:38 PM   #805
henry_9305
Side-Kick

Wrong thread

Last edited by henry_9305; 11-20-2017 at 01:26 PM.
henry_9305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 01:16 PM   #806
BlackFox
Covert Operator

Not finished it yet but its getting better and better with each episode, its starts slowly but is building up nicely. Really like that its going to places and touching on themes other comic book material has not gone to yet, they really have made good use of the rating and not just thrown in over the top gore and violence because of the property involved.

Hope the end pays off but its certainly up there with the best Netflix stuff so far. We shall see.

BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 01:18 PM   #807
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darepool View Post
Honestly, I like Claire in general, but I appreciated that we didn't get her (increasingly) self-aggrandizing BS in this show.

Even though she doesn't know Frank, I'm sure we would have gotten some lecture from her.
I was fine with Karen appearing.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
And also Turk and Mahoney as well.

Old 11-20-2017, 01:19 PM   #808
WereCoyote
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
Not finished it yet but its getting better and better with each episode, its starts slowly but is building up nicely. Really like that its going to places and touching on themes other comic book material has not gone to yet, they really have made good use of the rating and not just thrown in over the top gore and violence because of the property involved.

Hope the end pays off but its certainly up there with the best Netflix stuff so far. We shall see.
Starts slowly, he killed around 20 people in the 1st minute of the 1st episode. Doesn't start much faster than that.

WereCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 01:23 PM   #809
javonstokess
Side-Kick

This show had the most well rounded "villains" of all the Netflix series. They all felt like real people, even Agent Orange.

Nobody was "evil" in the strictest sense.

javonstokess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 01:39 PM   #810
BlackFox
Covert Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereCoyote View Post
Starts slowly, he killed around 20 people in the 1st minute of the 1st episode. Doesn't start much faster than that.
Ha yeah fair point but I was meaning more the story than Frank himself but glad it has taken its time, the characters are all well thought out and rounded instead of one dimensional as well as well acted and cast.

BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:25 PM   #811
Boom
I got nothin'

Loving the **** out of this show. I could watch Bernthal play Punisher forever.