The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 08-17-2017, 05:57 PM   #101
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

Default Re: HBO orders alternate universe Civil War drama from David Benioff & Dan Weiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequinade View Post
I'm not going to continue a discussion with people who have to resort to personal attack and make some sort of assumptions about another member of this board.
Quote:
They see what you keep excusing.

You go straight to sex for some reason.

You guys keep on worshiping if you must.
Pot, meet kettle.

Never the less, bravo. That is some grade A ******** jujitsu you are pulling to avoid admitting you're wrong.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:04 PM   #102
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Default Re: HBO orders alternate universe Civil War drama from David Benioff & Dan Weiss

So that just happened.

Old 08-18-2017, 04:26 AM   #103
Reek
_________

Quote:
Excuse me?
What was confusing?

Reek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 04:26 AM   #104
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

I'm gonna ask for Matt's hand in marriage.

Aziz
Greens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 04:42 AM   #105
Reek
_________

I love how women all over the world praise game of thrones both book and show wise saying it has fantastic writing for women and gives them power... and it is misogynistic.

Last edited by Reek; 08-18-2017 at 07:13 AM.
Old 08-18-2017, 05:26 AM   #106
Reek
_________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Pot, meet kettle.

Never the less, bravo. That is some grade A ******** jujitsu you are pulling to avoid admitting you're wrong.

Old 08-18-2017, 09:15 AM   #107
javonstokess
Side-Kick

Now might not be the best time for this show to come out. Frankly, as a black man, I'm kinda tired of "slave-themed" movies/shows.

Black people can be more than slaves, thugs and gang members in entertainment.

javonstokess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:32 AM   #108
javonstokess
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
A piece of art is a piece of art. This will definitely cause a lot of heat, but don't cancel it because it'll be too dangerous being blamed for inciting incidents. It's not the way to handle the problem. Cancelling art is the easy solution to a much bigger problem that isn't being addressed. Charlottsville and what's happening is the main issue, not stuff like this. Holding this stuff back contributes to the explosiveness. You can't sweep things under the rug because sooner or later, it'll get worse. It's where art can help.
To be fair, as an artist myself, I can understand that art shouldn't be censored BUT you also need to understand that not every piece SHOULD be made.

I could paint a draw of a grown man urinating on a pre-teen girl and say "Hey, it's art", but everyone else would definitely disagree.

Artists should definitely attack inflammatory subjects, but, at the same time, we need to "read the room". Art should enrich the world and I'm not so sure this project would do that ESPECIALLY if you're showing slavery SUCCESSFULLY ingratiated into society because, even if the point of the show is to show everything going wrong, you'll initially be saying that things didn't change all that much and there are MANY, MANY people who'll use that for the wrong message.

javonstokess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 03:35 PM   #109
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by javonstokess View Post
Now might not be the best time for this show to come out. Frankly, as a black man, I'm kinda tired of "slave-themed" movies/shows.

Why the assumption that all black characters are going to be slaves? This show is going to have storylines and characters both the North and the South. I'd imagine quite a few prominent characters in the North will be African American.

Old 08-18-2017, 03:35 PM   #110
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek View Post
Best. Manip. Ever.

Old 08-18-2017, 03:37 PM   #111
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greens View Post
I'm gonna ask for Matt's hand in marriage.
Buy me dinner first.

Old 08-18-2017, 03:43 PM   #112
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

Quote:
Originally Posted by javonstokess View Post
They unequivocally are.

Aziz
Greens is offline   Reply With Quote