The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 02-16-2018, 09:23 AM   #326
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

Marvel already proved that point with winter soldier

Old 02-16-2018, 10:39 AM   #327
Crimz
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
Marvel already proved that point with winter soldier
Yeah, but loads of Fox-Men fans treat it like it's an outlier that Marvel can't repeat or they even try to devalue it. After BP their arguments will look even more silly.

Last edited by Crimz; 02-16-2018 at 10:42 AM.
Crimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:20 AM   #328
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Is anybody reading the new Marvel Two In One? It seems like they're definitely leading toward bringing the FF back, but so far it just seems like a big tease.

Old 02-16-2018, 12:31 PM   #329
Detective Conan
Side-Kick

The comic is good but I can’t imagine the FF making their proper return too soon(let’s see if Comcast has to say about it if they want to throw their hat in the ring again).

My prediction: Sue and Reed won’t be coming back to the Marvel universe but Ben and Johnny will get a hint of where they are, or might have a brief reunion with them before they are once again separated for whatever reason. I think if the Fox/Disney merger goes through successfully with the deal being finalized then Marvel would inspired to relaunch FF again(in part to promote the potential MCU film the Four will be getting).

Last edited by Detective Conan; 02-16-2018 at 03:26 PM.
Detective Conan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 01:16 PM   #330
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

If FF goes to Disney, then Reed and Sue are alive. If it goes to Comcast or stays with Fox then they're dead.

Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 02:56 PM   #331
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective Conan View Post
The comic is good but I can’t imagine the FF making their proper return too soon(let’s see if Comcast has to say about it if they want to throw their hat in the ring again).

My prediction: Sue and Reed won’t be coming back to the Marvel universe but Ben and Johnny will get a hint of where they are, or might have a brief reunion with them before they are once again separated for whatever reason. I think if the Fox/Disney merger goes through successfully with the deal being finalized then Marvel will be incensed to relaunch FF again(in part to promote the potential MCU film the Four will be getting).
Yeah, good point. They almost have to end this with Johnny and Ben finding them (if not, they're going to have a lot of enraged geeks to deal with after they've been teasing it since before the release), but after they find them, then what? Whether they revive their own comic (and probably more importantly put some of their top people on it) may depend on the status of the rights and film plans.

Old 02-16-2018, 03:36 PM   #332
Detective Conan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
If FF goes to Disney, then Reed and Sue are alive. If it goes to Comcast or stays with Fox then they're dead.
To paraphrase a certain space princess: "Help us Disney, you're our only hope!"

Old 02-20-2018, 06:56 PM   #333
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

I just stumbled on this and don't really understand it. Has anybody heard anything about how the FF might fit into this?

http://thegww.com/marvel-comics-off-fresh-start-may/

Old 02-20-2018, 07:21 PM   #334
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
I just stumbled on this and don't really understand it. Has anybody heard anything about how the FF might fit into this?

http://thegww.com/marvel-comics-off-fresh-start-may/
It's inaccurate in the first place. Unlike DC Marvel have never done a reboot and 'wiped the slate clean', not even after the last Secret Wars. Stuff from the 60s is still referenced in today's books.

This 'relaunch' is just returning originals like Iron-Man, Thor and looks like the Hulk back to the mantle occupied by others for a few years. Note Thor is still missing his left arm. The stories are likely bring timed so current stuff gets wound up and they can have jumping in points across the board.

As for what this means for the FF? Wait and see. The Two in One book is heading to a reunion so the new EIC may feel it's time to bring them back.

Last edited by wobbly; 02-21-2018 at 09:39 AM.
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:36 PM   #335
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post

As for what this means for the FF? Wait and see. The Two in One book is heading to a reunion so the new EIC may feel it's time to bring them back.
I'm a little afraid this could leave the FF in the cold. It seemed like they were headed toward something with Two-in-One, but if they start over, I'm wondering if the Two-in-One and FF story-line will survive or just be dropped.

Old 02-21-2018, 02:35 AM   #336
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
It's in accurate in the first place. Unlike DC Marvel have never done a reboot and 'wiped the slate clean', not even after the last Secret Wars. Stuff from the 60s is still referenced in today's books.

This 'relaunch' is just returning originals like Iron-Man, Thor and looks like the Hulk back to the mantle occupied by others for a few years. Note Thor is still missing his left arm. The stories are likely bring timed so current stuff gets wound up and they can have jumping in points across the board.

Didn't that Onslaught bulls*** in the '90s roll everything back to day one for all of the heroes except the wretched X-things? I thought it was a reset, but I could be wrong because that mess is what drove me away from Marvel Comics for good.

"It’s something that’s easy to take for granted, growing up in the United States as a white male, that my cinematic heroes look like me...It’s something that over the course of these ten years, having a certain amount of power over what type of movies are made and what type of actors we hire, I want everybody to have that feeling. We don’t take it for granted that people want to see themselves reflected in our heroes and our characters." ~ Kevin Feige
xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 03:41 AM   #337
Spidey_62
#1 Jar Jar Binks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Didn't that Onslaught bulls*** in the '90s roll everything back to day one for all of the heroes except the wretched X-things? I thought it was a reset, but I could be wrong because that mess is what drove me away from Marvel Comics for good.
Naw, the big Avengers characters and Fantastic Four were basically killed and removed from the main universe so the hot 90s talent could do whatever they wanted with them. There was a big hole for a year where it was Daredevil and Spider-Man (Ben Reilly was Spider-Man when the heroes died but Peter was already back as Spider-Man when they returned) pretty much being the only heroes occupying the city.

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, frog-face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

Hype Art Thread. Twitter. Instagram.

RadicalRealmComics.com - read the comic books I draw!

Watch Lost in the Shadows - based on The Spirit of the Shadows comic book!
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spidey_62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:46 AM   #338
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's in accurate in the first place. Unlike DC Marvel have never done a reboot and 'wiped the slate clean', not even after the last Secret Wars. Stuff from the 60s is still referenced in today's books.

The closes Marvel ever gets to "rebooting" is with things like Iron man being injured in afganistan instead of vietnam. There are retcons but for the most part everything is in continuity. More like updates story by story. Not a total company continuity rewrite. Everyone thought Secret Wars was going to lead to a reboot and really the only thing that changed was Miles Morales was in the main universe, Doom has a new lease on life, Reed Sue and their children are presumed dead.

A Re-launch is different from a reboot, and Marvel has done a lot of relaunches. Think of it as a marketing initiative with the idea of a creating an ideal starting point for new readers. It's no different form the All New, All Different thing from a year or two ago.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:39 AM   #339
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
Naw, the big Avengers characters and Fantastic Four were basically killed and removed from the main universe so the hot 90s talent could do whatever they wanted with them. There was a big hole for a year where it was Daredevil and Spider-Man (Ben Reilly was Spider-Man when the heroes died but Peter was already back as Spider-Man when they returned) pretty much being the only heroes occupying the city.
Yup. Glad I missed most of the 90's books.

Old 02-21-2018, 11:48 AM   #340
DawnWarrior
Questioner of Authority

Weirdly, the Onslaught-Reborn-Return chain actually brought me back to buying Marvel after a dry spell. The 'Heroes Return' part obviously cemented it by taking a back-to-basics approach with the main heroes, and those titles started doing some of their best stories in years. Sometimes relaunches work.

March 23: Pacific Rim: Uprising March 30:Ready Player One May 4: Avengers: Infinity War May 18: Deadpool 2 June 15: Incredibles 2 July 6: Ant-Man and the Wasp July 20: Alita: Battle Angel November 2: X-Men: Dark Phoenix December 20: Aquaman

VIDEO: Just how old are the X-Men in the movies? A Mathematical Analysis
DawnWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:03 PM   #341
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Waid's run on Cap after Heroes Return was fantastic. So was the Busiek Iron Man run.

Old 02-21-2018, 03:46 PM   #342
Kanon
Crazy

I started reading FF comics (and for the first time in english) with Heroes Return. I loved the book, until I run out of money, right before Dr Doom returned

Old 02-21-2018, 04:32 PM   #343
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnWarrior View Post
Weirdly, the Onslaught-Reborn-Return chain actually brought me back to buying Marvel after a dry spell. The 'Heroes Return' part obviously cemented it by taking a back-to-basics approach with the main heroes, and those titles started doing some of their best stories in years. Sometimes relaunches work.
I read a few issues and was disgusted by what I saw so I quit. Those "creators" and the editors behind them were the reason Marvel cratered in the '90s. The whole mess caused Marvel's bankruptcy, brought Avi Arad and Ike Perlmutter into the company and led to the sell-off of its biggest IPs to various studios for a pittance.

"It’s something that’s easy to take for granted, growing up in the United States as a white male, that my cinematic heroes look like me...It’s something that over the course of these ten years, having a certain amount of power over what type of movies are made and what type of actors we hire, I want everybody to have that feeling. We don’t take it for granted that people want to see themselves reflected in our heroes and our characters." ~ Kevin Feige
xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:06 PM   #344
Detective Conan
Side-Kick

Lame! the first film debut of the Skrulls will apparently indeed be in the Dark Phoenix.

Here's a tidbit of information I found most interesting.

Quote:
As for the movie itself, my source says they thought it was better than Apocalypse but not as good as Days of Future Past. At this point they felt it was similar in issues to First Class. It’s also very serious with very little humor, but they said that Kinberg did a good job with it.
Some will ask why am I posting this on this forum instead of the actual Dark Phoenix thread? Because it's relevant to the question on what Disney does with the X-Men going forward. If this movie is surprisingly good and makes a big splash at the box office then maybe Marvel Studios doesn't reboot?

I mean this question is going to be all for naught if Comcast gets Fox instead of the mouse but should Disney still get that Fox deal finalized maybe Dark Phoenix being surprisingly good makes Kevin Feige think twice about pressing the reset button on the mutants.

Last edited by Detective Conan; Yesterday at 03:10 PM.
Old Yesterday, 03:59 PM   #345
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

I think Marvel are going to want to do their own take on the X-Men and not continue FOX's continuity. Just on a purely creative level; they are going to want to do their own version of the property. They are going to want as clean of a slate as possible.

On a business level, a fresh start for X-Men that has the property in the MCU (thus creating the possibility of crossover) has far more potential to do big box office than yet another FOX universe X-Men movie.

Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM   #346
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

I don't see any scenario where marvel doesn't wipe the slate clean on the xmen.