The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 09:36 PM   #26
Timebomb
Side-Kick

Default Re: Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestGirl View Post
^Thank God.

ETA: I'm referring to the rumors that Lex won't be in JL. I'm sure Eisenberg is relieved too.
Now we just have to hope someone comes to their senses and bans Letoker from any future projects.

Old 08-22-2017, 11:11 PM   #27
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Default Re: Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Scout View Post
We don't need a Joker origin movie.
Eh, doing their own thing that is completely different from Marvel? Yay. But I am still not convinced they are going to succeed given the odd creative choices they make, like Todd Phillips for what should be a crime film.

--John Adams
Old 08-22-2017, 11:13 PM   #28
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
Interesting how steep the fall for Whedon was from grace. It was not long ago, 2012, that he was the untouchable geek demigod. While Nolan was, at that year, considered the face of everything wrong with comic book films. Whedon saved cbms from the regressive philosophy of Nolan and lifted it back to vitality.
You are telling me fan culture is fickle. Nooo! Parish the thought.

And Nolan was never the face of anything wrong. Those Dark Knight movies look better with every passing year too, and Dunkirk is another masterpiece to add to the pile.

--John Adams
Old 08-22-2017, 11:42 PM   #29
The Endless
WE are Groot

The mere concept of a Joker origin movie is beyond stupid.

Now a Natural Born Killers esque crime movie with Joker and Harley has more potential.

Old 08-23-2017, 12:04 AM   #30
dax
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
Exactly. This is worse than having a Dr. Doom film.

Old 08-23-2017, 12:09 AM   #31
Johnny-Oh
"You got heart, kid"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
Interesting how steep the fall for Whedon was from grace. It was not long ago, 2012, that he was the untouchable geek demigod. While Nolan was, at that year, considered the face of everything wrong with comic book films. Whedon saved cbms from the regressive philosophy of Nolan and lifted it back to vitality.
What? The debate was very strong even after The Avengers destroyed the Box Office, a ton of people still thought TDKR was a better movie. Heck even today people would argue that.

But ultimately it's just fanboys quickly turning on anyone despite whatever they have acomplished. I can already imagine what would happen if either of the IW movies turns out to be mediocre, first there would be huge denial and then huge backlash against the Russos to the point where it would be hard to remember they were once worshiped.

MCU: 1. CA: TWS 2. The Avengers 3. GOTG 4. Iron Man 5. Civil War
DC: 1. TDK 2. TDKR 3. Wonder Woman 4. Batman Begins
X-Men: 1. X2 2. DOFP 3. Logan 4. First Class 5. Deadpool
Old 08-23-2017, 12:35 AM   #32
KBX
Side-Kick

My biggest problem with possible upcoming villian lead movies like Dr. Doom, Venom, Joker is they make them look sympathetic. I don't want to root for them because i can relate to them, I want to root for them because their the worse of the worse. The main issue I had with suicide squad.

Old 08-23-2017, 01:07 AM   #33
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

YOUTUBE
To Quit or not to Quit, that is the question.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:11 AM   #34
Timebomb
Side-Kick

WB is doing a great job of making me not care anymore. Just. Plain. Dumb.

Old 08-23-2017, 01:32 AM   #35
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

YOUTUBE
To Quit or not to Quit, that is the question.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:04 AM   #36
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

Sure, go ahead, leave the comfort zone and try something new. Maybe it's a part of re-establishing of a new Batman (after Affleck's leave) and a new Joker after BvS and SS debacles?

That being said, I'm not holding my breath. It looks like a recipe for a disaster. I will be shocked if it ends up being worthy of the legacy.

Old 08-23-2017, 02:21 AM   #37
Iceman
Infinity War!

Red face Re: Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny-Oh View Post
What? The debate was very strong even after The Avengers destroyed the Box Office, a ton of people still thought TDKR was a better movie. Heck even today people would argue that.

But ultimately it's just fanboys quickly turning on anyone despite whatever they have acomplished. I can already imagine what would happen if either of the IW movies turns out to be mediocre, first there would be huge denial and then huge backlash against the Russos to the point where it would be hard to remember they were once worshiped.
It would happen, but then they're doing bigger projects with IW and A4 and doing well on earlier projects won't make up for stuffing those up. A lot of people who loved MoS turned on Snyder after BvS which is again the bigger project. And I think the same might have happened if he was still in the good books now but then did a hatchet job on JL. Now if he had managed to get all of those and the JL sequel right I think there'd be a lot more leeway if he then made a terrible Batgirl.

Old 08-23-2017, 05:31 AM   #38
Blackman
C'mon Son

You guys are bullies this is going to be great

Old 08-23-2017, 06:12 AM   #39
Murdock103
Side-Kick

I just cannot take all of these movies in development seriously.

Old 08-23-2017, 06:13 AM   #40
Iceman
Infinity War!

They change the schedule too often and films just disappear without a peep. Just commit to something! The original slate looked great.

Old 08-23-2017, 06:13 AM   #41
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdock103 View Post
I just cannot take all of these movies in development seriously.
It's so weird that we only have TWO movies that are set in stone, Aquaman and Shazam. The latter can be removed on a whim as well.

Aziz
Old 08-23-2017, 06:19 AM   #42
Flint Marko
teh marvel bias

Yeah for all the stir this is creating I'm honestly pretty skeptical that this will even see the light of day. Let's just go ahead and look at what they've got in the pipeline:

Aquaman
Flashpoint
The Batman
Justice League Pt. 2
Cyborg
Green Lantern Corps
Dark Universe
Booster Gold
Lobo
Shazam
Gotham City Sirens
Man of Steel 2
Black Adam
Suicide Squad 2
Deadshot
Nightwing
Batgirl
Joker v Harley Quinn
Joker solo movie

Anything else I'm missing?

Homecoming - 7.7.2017
Old 08-23-2017, 06:28 AM   #43
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

I think this movie would be a priority for them because it's apparent that they favor Batman's universe over anything else, so most of that list would have to take a backseat to Joker. I think Joker vs. Harley Quinn can be removed from that list because it was never properly sourced. Lobo and Deadshot are 100% not happening either.

Aziz
Old 08-23-2017, 06:31 AM   #44
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint Marko View Post
Yeah for all the stir this is creating I'm honestly pretty skeptical that this will even see the light of day. Let's just go ahead and look at what they've got in the pipeline:

Aquaman
Flashpoint
The Batman
Justice League Pt. 2
Cyborg
Green Lantern Corps
Dark Universe
Booster Gold
Lobo
Shazam
Gotham City Sirens
Man of Steel 2
Black Adam
Suicide Squad 2
Deadshot
Nightwing
Batgirl
Joker v Harley Quinn
Joker solo movie

Anything else I'm missing?
WW sequel.

Old 08-23-2017, 06:44 AM   #45
TeeKay
Side-Kick

You know what? Whatever. The DCEU is a sinking ship. WW was essentially putting a bandaid on the massive hole. It won't hold.

Old 08-23-2017, 06:48 AM   #46
Blackman
C'mon Son

Why don't they start developing a movie on the good Flash. You know Wally West?

Old 08-23-2017, 06:49 AM   #47
Murdock103
Side-Kick

I just cannot get excited for any of these movies, because I don't know which are going to be made, and when they'll be turning up.

At least Marvel announce films, with release dates usually, and if they change, they'll announce he change, with a reviewed release date.
The worst that happens is that you're disappointed that Thor isn't coming in summer, and you'll have to wait 4 months.

Can anyone get excited over Lobo? That's coming out sometime, possibly, at some point.

Old 08-23-2017, 07:17 AM   #48
harlequinade
Violent Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
You know what? Whatever. The DCEU is a sinking ship. WW was essentially putting a bandaid on the massive hole. It won't hold.
I still think Aquaman will be good but this news coming so soon to JL premiere just tells me it must be one horrible movie for the studio to have so little faith in it.

Old 08-23-2017, 07:19 AM   #49
Flint Marko
teh marvel bias

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequinade View Post
I still think Aquaman will be good but this news coming so soon to JL premiere just tells me it must be one horrible movie for the studio to have so little faith in it.
Agreed. JL might not turn out horrible but it clearly isn't shaping up to be the megahit they need. That last trailer pretty much sealed the deal for me.

WB: you're about to be six films deep into this DCEU franchise. Make it work. Give the whole thing a soft reboot with Flashpoint and move forward with that, and then maybe do these Elseworld stories once you have a proper foundation built.

Homecoming - 7.7.2017
Old 08-23-2017, 08:02 AM   #50
Timebomb
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint Marko View Post

Aquaman
Flashpoint
The Batman
Justice League Pt. 2
Cyborg
Green Lantern Corps
Dark Universe
Booster Gold
Lobo
Shazam
Gotham City Sirens
Man of Steel 2