The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

View Poll Results: Favorite Superhero Movie Love Interest?
Lois Lane (Margot Kidder) 1 1.32%
Vicki Vale (Kim Basinger) 2 2.63%
Selina Kyle (Michelle Pfeiffer) 7 9.21%
Jean Grey (Famke Janssen) 1 1.32%
Mary Jane Watson (Kirsten Dunst) 5 6.58%
Rachel Dawes (Katie Holmes, Maggie Gyllenhaal) 0 0%
Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow) 4 5.26%
Jane Foster (Natalie Portman) 1 1.32%
Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell) 20 26.32%
Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone) 6 7.89%
Selina Kyle (Anne Hathaway) 3 3.95%
Lois Lane (Amy Adams) 5 6.58%
Gamora (Zoe Saldana) 2 2.63%
Vanessa (Morena Baccarin) 9 11.84%
Christine Palmer (Rachel McAdams) 0 0%
Steve Trevor (Chris Pine) 8 10.53%
Other 2 2.63%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2017, 06:18 AM   #51
Kevin Roegele
Do you mind if I don't?

Default Re: Favorite CBM Love Interest?

Perhaps not the best, but Kim Basinger's Vicki Vale is worth a mention. She works wonderfully as both a kind of Dorothy who gets mixed up in a bizarre world, and as an innocent Beauty - check out all her white outfits - for two Beasts to fight over.

Kevin Roegele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 12:04 PM   #52
Rorschach2012
Number One Guy

I'm blown away by the results of the poll. Peggy was good but not the GOAT. That performance wasn't iconic or transcendent like Pfeiffers, it was just solid. Different strokes..

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 06:48 PM   #53
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

One thing Anne Hathaway's Selina Kyle has over almost everyone else in the poll is she ended up with the one she loved and they lived happily ever after. Just about everyone else,
they were either forgotten about by the time the movie sequel came along, they decided they shouldn't be together, they died, or the one they loved died.

Osiris-Rex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 07:33 PM   #54
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Was Selina really in love with Bruce in TDKR though? B/c I didn't really see much sparks fly between the two. Sure near the end she kissed Batman goodbye b/c she thought he was making the ultimate sacrifice by carrying the bomb out over the bay away from Gotham till it exploded. I never got the impression throughout the movie that she was really in love Bruce. After the clean slate she just used that opportunity to run away with Bruce to start her life over, imo.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 01:06 AM   #55
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Selina was pretty much looking out for number one through most of the first part of the movie. It was only after she had remorse for what she allowed Bane to do to Batman that she began to change her attitude
toward Bruce and against Bane, culminating in her murdering Bane to save Batman, basically her first act that had no real benefit to her. (I don't remember her knowing about the bomb prior to that, but it's been
a while). So it was at that point that Selina began having feelings for other people, specifically Bruce, and that was the point where they fell in love with each other.

Osiris-Rex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 01:38 AM   #56
The Endless
WE are Groot

I thought the relationship between Bruce and Selina in TDKR was contrived ****e.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:53 AM   #57
Leenie
Side-Kick

There are so many good love interests, if you ask me. It's hard for me to pick just one!

-Kirsten Dunst as MJ stands out for me, considering the fact that I really cared about her relationship with Peter and how I cheered for them to get together. The end of Spider-Man 2 is one of my favorite scenes in any comic book movie; it's just so sweet.

-I know a lot of people hate her, but I adore Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts. Her chemistry with RDJ is downright charming and it always puts a smile on my face, especially during the first Iron Man movie.

-Even though I personally don't think it's a good movie, Michelle Pfieffer is legendary as Selina Kyle/Catwoman. She is the only reason why I watch Batman Returns from time to time. She's amazing in it; end of story.

-Margot Kidder as Lois Lane (in the first Superman movie, in particular) is fantastic with Christopher Reeves as Clark Kent/Superman. The entire interview/"Can You Read My Mind?" sequence is iconic. And yes, I find it to be very charming.

-Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter is, in my opinion, the best female character AND love interest in the MCU. Her performance and her chemistry with Chris Evans' Captain America is the biggest reason as to why I think Captain America: The First Avenger is so criminally underrated. The First Avenger is a film with a lot of heart, and I think Hayley Atwell deserves a lot of the credit for that. Also, I fought back tears so hard when Steve got the text about her passing in Civil War; I think that says something about how great of a character Agent Carter is.

-Morena Baccarin as Vanessa in Deadpool is awesome. Electric chemistry with Ryan Reynolds. And, dare I say, I find their relationship to be absolutely adorable in its own messed up way?

-Chris Pine as Steve Trevor is one of the biggest highlights in the Wonder Woman movie for me. Great chemistry with Gal Gadot.

(8) Captain America: The Winter Soldier,
(9) Guardians of the Galaxy, (10) Deadpool
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 10:34 AM   #58
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

I voted Vanessa because I think she's a great match for Wade, great chemistry and their relationship is indeed adorable in a messed up way. Not to mention, rare happy ending.

If I had to pick one for myself, I don't know.

Old 08-28-2017, 02:54 PM   #59
coluanprime
Side-Kick

For me it's a tie between Peggy Carter, Steve Trevor, and Pepper Potts.

I also have a soft spot for Jane Foster (even if she was underdeveloped) and Amy Adam's Lois Lane (for her interpretation at least if not the films she was in).

Questions about the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Want to settle a debate? Looking for images? Visit the Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki! The most accurate and comprehensive Marvel Movie and TV show wiki!

Last edited by coluanprime; 08-28-2017 at 03:04 PM.
coluanprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:40 PM   #60
Kevin Roegele
Do you mind if I don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
I'm blown away by the results of the poll. Peggy was good but not the GOAT.
Yeah, she was perfectly fine but she didn't have that much depth, or even that much to do.

Kevin Roegele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:52 PM   #61
Frankeh
Side-Kick

Kirsten Dunst

Frankeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 08:46 AM   #62
FeedOnATreeFrog
(A Metal Gear reference)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator Man View Post
Was Selina really in love with Bruce in TDKR though?
I don't think being in love is required to be a love interest.

Anyways, here are my picks, and my reasons why:

MJ - Raimi did a great job of making you see her from Peter's perspective as this perfect girl next door.
Chase Meridian - I just love her classic vibe.
Gwen (TASM) - Great chemistry with Peter.
Jane Foster - because Natalie Portman. And I'm one of the rare few who thinks she has a cute chemistry with Thor.
Pfieffer and Hathaway's Catwoman - Both are fun to watch
Pine's Steve Trevor - Charming guy with a good heart. Dug it.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 08-29-2017 at 09:13 AM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 05:34 PM   #63
def28
Side-Kick

Pfeiffer's Selina Kyle.

I have to see any actress in a comic film match this performance and that face to face moment with Keaton remains my favorite scene regarding relationships in comic films.

Last edited by def28; 08-29-2017 at 05:44 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 04:14 AM   #64
The Endless
WE are Groot

The scene at Shreck's party when they realise the truth is an all timer for me. Keating and Pfieffer were fantastic.

Old 08-31-2017, 04:43 AM   #65
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

Pfeiffer's Selina can share the first place with Vanessa for me.

Old 08-31-2017, 01:15 PM   #66
The Shape
In the shadows

Probably Vicki Vale for me, with Mary Jane (from SM1 and SM2) and Selina Kyle as runner-ups.

The story structure of Batman 89 in terms of how it utilizes the Vicki Vale character is partially what makes her so interesting to me. Much of what we come to learn about Bruce Wayne/Batman in the film is through Vicki, from her perspective and investigations, and from her interactions with Bruce/Batman. Very little of the story is actually told from Bruce's perspective. This makes her a truly integral part of the film, more so than many other on-screen love interests.

Also, the literal and philosophical tug-of-war over Vicki between Batman and The Joker is great. The fact that The Joker becomes infatuated/obsessed with Vicki and wants her for himself is something I find to be more interesting and unique than the typical villain who wants to kidnap and/or kill the hero's love interest out of spite, revenge, as "bait", or to teach the hero a lesson.

Old 09-01-2017, 12:35 AM   #67
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
Jane Foster - because Natalie Portman. And I'm one of the rare few who thinks she has a cute chemistry with Thor.
Interesting choice, solid reasoning. If I loved the first Thor movie more at least she'd probably pop up to my mind sooner.

YOUTUBE
To Quit or not to Quit, that is the question.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 07:16 AM   #68
Iceman
Infinity War!

From the list it would be between Basinger, Pfeiffer, Janssen, Attwell, Stone, Hathaway, Baccarin and Pine for me.

Pfeiffer, Attwell, Stone, Baccarin and Pine top 5.

Pfeiffer, Baccarin and Pine top 3.

Was difficult to choose but I needed a tiebreaker and voted for Vanessa in the end as I've seen that film about 20 times recently and she looks like a bit like an ex.

Old 09-01-2017, 09:10 AM   #69
Ipodman
Love Tension

I went for Kirsten Dunst. Dat upside down kissing scene

Ipodman is offline   Reply With Quote