The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Old 04-05-2017, 09:06 AM   #51
terry78
Will you shut up?!

Default Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows - Part 2

That's what he'd do in the books. His other incarnations anyway.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:51 AM   #52
Sithborg
The new ewoks

I just want IDW's TMNT #50 on screen someday, whether small or big. That solidified their Shredder as THE Shredder.

Sithborg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:34 AM   #53
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

If they ever do a reboot, they should hire these guys.

https://www.facebook.com/Fullsuitbuild/

Old 08-02-2017, 12:23 PM   #54
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Yeah that looks really good

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Dunkirk-9(5)Wonder Woman-9(6)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(7)It-8(8)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(9)John Wick 2-8(10)Split-8(11)Kingsman: The Golden Circle-8(12)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(13)Alien Covenant-7(14)Ghost In The Shell-7(15)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(16)The Dark Tower-4(17)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:32 PM   #55
Zarex
Side-Kick

Interpreting the turtles as a massively muscular quarter of near invulnerable Hulks was an big problem for the Bay films. Hopefully they will be back to scrappy underdogs for the inevitable reboot.

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 05:37 AM   #56
Alien Anal
Side-Kick

Yeh how bout making them look and talk and act like i dunno...Teenagers..

Alien Anal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 06:28 PM   #57
King23DC
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
Interpreting the turtles as a massively muscular quarter of near invulnerable Hulks was an big problem for the Bay films. Hopefully they will be back to scrappy underdogs for the inevitable reboot.
Not in the first one with Saki being in a giant Iron Man esque robotic samurai suit of armor with ridiculous level of blades.

As a turtle fan I actually took it as a welcome change. Making them so super powered physically amplified their abilities. Why is 5 feet tall the cap on their mutation?

TMNT 2014 is so much better than Out of the Shadows. And underrated in general. People hate too much.

King23DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 07:38 PM   #58
Kevin Roegele
Do you mind if I don't?

I watched Out of the Shadows again today. It's not bad, but it just seems like a checklist of what fans want to see - villains from the cartoon, Casey Jones, Turtle wagon - combined with an Avengers-level threat and overwhelming CGI spectacle. It's also goes out of it's way to show as little actual martial arts as possible. The 2014 movie was simplistic, but really worked as a burst of energetic fun. Out of the Shadows has more parts but adds up to less.

Kevin Roegele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 08:22 PM   #59
terry78
Will you shut up?!

Well, I appreciate your coming out of retirement for this commentary. We all concur.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 08:34 PM   #60
DOBSON10
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
If they ever do a reboot, they should hire these guys.

This is pretty good and there are definitely some crews in Hollywood that could pull off the practical look for the Turtles, if they are ever rebooted they should definitely go back to the practical designs. They never needed to be full CGI characters, the majority of the characters in the TMNT universe can be done practically and look great. I still think all the original Turtle live action movies look better than the Bay movies and they were done back in the 90's. Maybe one day...

Favorite Marvel Superhero's:
1. Wolverine 2. Spider-Man 3. Iron Man 4. Deadpool 5. Punisher
DOBSON10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 08:54 PM   #61
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Something I always wondered about TMNT. Was part of the mutation losing fingers? Because real turtles have five fingers, just like people do.

Osiris-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 09:38 PM   #62
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

I saw This tonight for the first time. Really didn't like it. Not enough ninja stuff....too much noise and flash. I prefer my TMNTs to be average to shorter than average human size....not the super large specimens they gave us.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:50 AM   #63
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

I really enjoyed OOTS, was an improvement over the first for me and it's a damn shame it flopped.

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Dunkirk-9(5)Wonder Woman-9(6)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(7)It-8(8)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(9)John Wick 2-8(10)Split-8(11)Kingsman: The Golden Circle-8(12)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(13)Alien Covenant-7(14)Ghost In The Shell-7(15)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(16)The Dark Tower-4(17)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 06:39 AM   #64
Kevin Roegele
Do you mind if I don't?

Anyone up for a little ranking?

6. Ninja Turtles III - actually not bad, but lightweight and forgettable. The lack of Jim Henson costumes is a problem, the replacements are a lot less convincing.

5. Secret of the Ooze - not much of a plot, dumbed down and sanitised for kids. A big step down from the original - but amusing enough.

4. TMNT - Solid story and characterisation, good voice actors, some lovely visuals. The design of the Turtles is not great though.

3. Out of the Shadows - Having re-watched this this, it's more entertaining than I thought. The relationship between the Turtles and their dilemma with potentially becoming human is effective even if the science behind it is silly. Plus some great set-pieces - though sadly a lack of proper martial arts.

2. Ninja Turtles 2014 - a sugar rush of a movie. Looks fantastic, great action, humour, gets the characters right. Really entertaining. The hulking Raphael is an issue though - he comes across as a bully, and there's really no need for him to learn ninjitsu as he's like the Incredible Hulk. It's almost as if the computers processed the CGI wrong for him, he came out too big and they had to go with it. Part of the Turtles' appeal is that they are small and scrappy underdogs.

1. Ninja Turtles 1990 - absolutely classic. I love the murky, shadowy, urban feel of the movie, it makes the story and the Turtles feel genuine and as believable as possible. A sewer looks like a sewer, when Raph gets beaten up it hurts, and so on. Proper characters, a story about family, actual martial arts, April and Casey are great.....almost faultless.

However, I'm still waiting to see the Turtles like this on the big screen....

Last edited by Kevin Roegele; 08-27-2017 at 07:00 AM.
Kevin Roegele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 03:51 PM   #65
King23DC
Side-Kick

1) TMNT 1990
2) TMNT 2014

The rest don't even matter, apart from aspects of SOTO that are iconic. And yes the Vanilla Ice stuff is nostalgic and memorable.

King23DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 03:07 AM   #66
superhero
Side-Kick

my all time favorite movie is the 1990 teeange mutant ninja turtlers movie!! i still enjoy the ninja turtlers secret of the ozz!! i really don't care for ninja turtlers 3 much expect for the time travel stuff thats in it!! i did enjoy tmnt computer Anmited movie!! i just think it wasn't the same with out shredder!! then i did enjoy 2014 nickelodeon's reboot of ninja turtles but i agree that out of shadows was better then the first movie!! i hope if they reboot teeange mutant ninja turtlers go with suits kind of like the 1990's teeange mutant ninja turtlers movies was!! i wouldn't mind little cgi but have the people wearing turtle costumes!!

superhero is offline   Reply With Quote