The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Infinity War

Old Yesterday, 08:57 AM   #476
Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War Part I & II The Official News and Speculatio -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panacea View Post
The Quicksilver death was embarrassingly poorly handled. Pausing to quip just before he fell dead. Good grief Whedon what were you thinking.
That really felt like a death for the sake of it. Zero emotional resonance and not even a particularly good scene. Are those really the last words someone wants to say when they die? A wisecrack, rather than something like 'please look out for my sister' or something which could have been built on for future.

Old Yesterday, 10:37 AM   #477
LoganPool
Husband. Father. Servant.

Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War Part I & II The Official News and Speculatio -

Quote:
The Quicksilver death was embarrassingly poorly handled. Pausing to quip just before he fell dead. Good grief Whedon what were you thinking.
I wholeheartedly disagree about this. Bickering all movie, then saving Hawkeyes life, and saying "you didn't see that coming" was a great emotional moment. I loved it.

And apparently I'm the only person alive that would be excited if Ty Simpkins came back. But I agree with @wampa1 that he'll most likely be a Skrull.

1. Logan... 9.8
  2. War for the Planet of the Apes... 9.5
  3. John Wick 2... 9
  4. Spider-Man: Homecoming... 8.5
  5. Beauty and the Beast... 8.5
LoganPool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:35 PM   #478
MbJ
Side-Kick

I don't have any problem with him being back either. Like some others have said it might be something as small as a cameo to help close out Tony's arc.

MbJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:37 PM   #479
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post
I don't have any problem with him being back either. Like some others have said it might be something as small as a cameo to help close out Tony's arc.
I don't think it matters that he's back any more than any extra appearing in the film is an issue. I guess we just don't get underwhelming announcements that totally unknown actor is playing desk clerk or policeman no. 42 when we are looking out for more juicy stuff.

Old Yesterday, 01:39 PM   #480
javonstokess
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
At the end of Avengers 4 after they defeat Thanos, Stark uses the Gauntlet to reverse all the death and destruction Thanos has caused (including killing Cap in Infinity War). But seeing as Stark is a mere mortal, the power of the Infinity Stones is too much and he dies.
I called this months ago, except I said it would be Cap sacrifices himself to reverse Thanos' destruction and Tony would retire in honor of his friend.

Now, I'm wondering if, in a nod to the end of GOTG1, Cap AND Tony both sacrifice themselves to reverse the deaths. It would be the perfect way to bring their friendship arc to a close.

Picture this, Tony has the IG and is slowly putting things back to know normal, but he's literally coming apart and might not keep it together long enough to be successful. Out of nowhere, Steve grabs his friends gauntlet covered hand. They both smile at each other and use the IG long enough to fix everything. Then in a flash of light both men explode in energy taking the gauntlet and stones with them. Tony gets the big funeral with all the trimings . while Steve gets buried with a nameless plaque with just Bucky and Falcon mourning their friend. Falcon then gives Bucky the shield and tells him "don't screw up". Final end credits scene shows Pepper and Happy cleaning up Tony's lab when one of his computers seemingly turns on by itself. Both hear Tony's voice saying "Where am I".

End.

javonstokess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:57 PM   #481
MbJ
Side-Kick

Not surprising but the Captain Marvel film will lead into Avengers 4.

Quote:
“There are a lot of discussions, they all focus on the post-Phase Three, ‘Avengers’ 4 film, so nothing that we’ll get into publicly,” he recently said in an interview with IndieWire. “We’re really focusing on ‘Captain Marvel’ and the work that Anna and Ryan are doing. It’s going to be a big part of heading towards this epic conclusion and epic finale of 22 movies over the course of 10 years. That is focus for the next six movies we have to finish and get out.”
http://www.indiewire.com/2017/10/fem...ee-1201889036/

Old Yesterday, 02:27 PM   #482
javonstokess
Side-Kick

I'd love to see the Ultimates be what Phase 4 revolves around.

They already have 2 of the 5 members cast. Wouldn't be hard to get Blue Marvel, Spectrum and Ms. America.

javonstokess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:34 PM   #483
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/10/fem...ee-1201889036/
Not surprising but great to have it confirmed.

Old Yesterday, 03:13 PM   #484
Speed Force
Jeffrey Wright 4 Doc Ock

Quote:
Originally Posted by val0706 View Post
Just re-watched AoU. Such a fun film!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Very underrated in my opinion.
I really enjoy Ultron as well. Probably in the 4-6 range in my MCU rankings. (Yes, that high)

Quote:
I don't mind Harley being back. Especially since it'll probably be like what, one scene?

Speed Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:23 PM   #485
Panacea
Side-Kick

Quote:
They always imply things like that though and it's never really true.

Panacea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM   #486
MbJ
Side-Kick

Quote:
We must have been watching different films then. They said the same thing about Age of Ultron leading into Civil War and it absolutely does, or Winter Soldier leading into Age of Ultron. If Captain Marvel herself is going to be in Avengers 4 then yes, it stands to reason the events of her film would be somewhat relevant.

Old Yesterday, 04:43 PM   #487
Iceman
Infinity War!

Stuff is going to be getting crazy by that point. If IW and CM deliver the hype for A4 will be unreal.

Old Yesterday, 05:25 PM   #488
Panacea
Side-Kick

Quote:
We must have been watching different films then. They said the same thing about Age of Ultron leading into Civil War and it absolutely does, or Winter Soldier leading into Age of Ultron. If Captain Marvel herself is going to be in Avengers 4 then yes, it stands to reason the events of her film would be somewhat relevant.
I would suggest that's a pretty loose definition of one movie leading into another.

Panacea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:28 PM   #489
MbJ
Side-Kick

And I would again wonder if we saw different films. Frankly I'm surprised to even see that as an accusation when the continuity-heavy and serialized nature of the films is something I often see people criticize.

Old Yesterday, 08:15 PM   #490
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ms.Marvel is going to be needed against Thanos. The movie maybe set in the past but her waking up in the end is technically a lead in. Credit scenes are lead ins too so they are vague when saying it will lead into. The movie won't be a big set up, but likely have some mention of Thanos and the stones from before.

legendkillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:17 PM   #491
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganPool View Post
I wholeheartedly disagree about this. Bickering all movie, then saving Hawkeyes life, and saying "you didn't see that coming" was a great emotional moment. I loved it.

And apparently I'm the only person alive that would be excited if Ty Simpkins came back. But I agree with @wampa1 that he'll most likely be a Skrull.
I enjoyed Quicksilver but don't feel the need foe him to return.

I am not excited about the kid in IM3 showing up but I am not mad either. I figure it will just be him watching the news seeing all the fighting. It wouldn't be more than a cameo. If they do a bit more then maybe a hideout for some heroes, it would be the least likely place to look.

legendkillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:23 PM   #492
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quicksilver has a unique power so I would have liked to see him return if he had been handled better. His power is great for saving civilians when the **** is hitting the fan as well as having a sibling relationship which is another good thing to be able to play off. There wasn't really any need to kill him but Whedon of course needs to check that box.

Old Yesterday, 08:27 PM   #493
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkillin View Post
Ms.Marvel is going to be needed against Thanos. The movie maybe set in the past but her waking up in the end is technically a lead in. Credit scenes are lead ins too so they are vague when saying it will lead into. The movie won't be a big set up, but likely have some mention of Thanos and the stones from before.
It sounds like she's going to be one of the most powerful MCU characters so she could be a big asset to the team. Will be fun seeing the true heavyhitters team up against Thanos and I assume the rest of the guys take on his generals and other troops. The likes of Thor, Hulk, Vision, Strange, SW & CM will be awesome lined up together.

Old Yesterday, 08:52 PM   #494
scarlet-witch
Stormborn

No, even two seconds of Ty Simpkins will be unbearable there are so many other side characters they could use for a cameo.

"Apes. Together. Strong."
scarlet-witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:55 PM   #495
Iceman
Infinity War!

If Iron Man dies halfway through IW, Ty can take up the mantle and lead all the heroes against Thanos.

Old Yesterday, 09:06 PM   #496
MbJ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet-witch View Post
there are so many other side characters they could use for a cameo.
There are already quite a few side characters appearing in the film anyway.

Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM   #497
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
It sounds like she's going to be one of the most powerful MCU characters so she could be a big asset to the team. Will be fun seeing the true heavyhitters team up against Thanos and I assume the rest of the guys take on his generals and other troops. The likes of Thor, Hulk, Vision, Strange, SW & CM will be awesome lined up together.
Scarlett Witch doesn't really seem that powerful in direct combat and I doubt she'll be able to get the drop on ol Thanos.

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
BigThor is online now   Reply With Quote