The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 09-24-2017, 09:17 PM   #601
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan

Default Re: Friday The 13th Video Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Having a blast this weekend. Had my first time as Jason where I took out all the counselors.
That's awesome! Which Jason were you using?

I was first able to accomplish it with part 2.

Wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 10:29 PM   #602
Hellion
Here With Me, Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
That's awesome! Which Jason were you using?

I was first able to accomplish it with part 2.
Part 7. I only have Part's 2, 3, 6, and 7, and I took today to try to really test the Jason's.

I've been really trying to strategize when I see I'm Jason... head to the cars and set traps. I got lucky in the match and just happened to run into half of the group and took them down at one of the cars early in the match. Pretty good for my first time as Part 7, I usually go between Part 6 and Part 2. The mask fell off too, which was awesome.

I had a match with Part 2, and only got a couple counselors.

I had a match as Part 6, one counselor was talking a lot of trash, I wasn't playing a good Jason. Eventually, all the counselor's escaped. Early on, I kill trash talking counselor as AJ. Just as the match ends... kill the same counselor as Tommy, hiding under a bed, trying to wait out the match... that one kill was worth it. I usually mute players since I don't have a mic, but didn't have enough time and that player's was left on... dude was toxic...

ETA:
I really want the Part 9 Jason. Always had a soft spot for that particular look. I have friends who can't believe I love the game... and it really is one of those, you have to be a fan things. None of my friends knew who Roy Burns was when I said I'd love Roy in the game at some point...

I'm a big Disney XD Superhero Fan:
Aaron Stone (2009-2010) * Skyrunners (2009) * Lab Rats/Lab Rats: Bionic Island (2012-2016) * Mighty Med (2013-2015) * Lab Rats: Elite Force (2016) * Mech-X4 (2016-????)

Last edited by Hellion; 09-24-2017 at 10:38 PM.
Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:27 PM   #603
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Part 7. I only have Part's 2, 3, 6, and 7, and I took today to try to really test the Jason's.

I've been really trying to strategize when I see I'm Jason... head to the cars and set traps. I got lucky in the match and just happened to run into half of the group and took them down at one of the cars early in the match. Pretty good for my first time as Part 7, I usually go between Part 6 and Part 2. The mask fell off too, which was awesome.
Ah, okay, I see. Wait until you get the hang of it and play as part 8 Jason. It's so fun cleaning house with him, trust me. But yeah, that's pretty damn good. My first matches as part 7 were pretty bad & I only got a few kills. But, ironically, using part 7 more later down the road was when I actually started to get good as Jason. He was the first one I was able to get 5 and 6 kills with. These days, depending on the group, I can get everybody with part 7.

This one time I was with a group and we killed a part 8 Jason. I switch my Jason from Savini to part 7 thinking "why not?" and I get part 7 in the next match. The same group tries to kill me and I literally ran through everybody. I already knew they wouldn't try escaping and would try to kill me so all three traps went at the shack (which they didn't even make it to) and everybody died because of bad coordination and they were too focused on getting the kill.

Quote:
I had a match with Part 2, and only got a couple counselors.

I had a match as Part 6, one counselor was talking a lot of trash, I wasn't playing a good Jason. Eventually, all the counselor's escaped. Early on, I kill trash talking counselor as AJ. Just as the match ends... kill the same counselor as Tommy, hiding under a bed, trying to wait out the match... that one kill was worth it. I usually mute players since I don't have a mic, but didn't have enough time and that player's was left on... dude was toxic...
I don't mute people if I'm Jason because if they're trash talkers they're usually foolish enough to lead me to them. I remember playing as part 6 Jason and a guy was saying similar stuff to me, even as I kept killing everyone around him. He was playing as Lachappa and literally didn't save one person & only escaped because he kept running every time I caught someone. Then, in the next round, he kept talking trash so a new person in the lobby shot him at the beginning of the next match. I was so proud.

Quote:
ETA:
I really want the Part 9 Jason. Always had a soft spot for that particular look. I have friends who can't believe I love the game... and it really is one of those, you have to be a fan things. None of my friends knew who Roy Burns was when I said I'd love Roy in the game at some point...
Dude! I'm just gonna say it now: I thought part 9 would be weak to play with but I've killed everybody so many times with him. Which I'm happy about because part 9 Jason has one of my favorite looks for the character & once you hit that learning curve, even with only three traps using him can be a lot of fun.

Also, I agree about Roy Burns, and I'm pretty sure he'll make it in at some point since they do have the license to use him. Just like, as unlikely as most believe it to be, I'd like for Pamela to make it into the game as a playable character, even if she was only apart of single player or something to that extent.

Oh, and here's the official announcement for the 2.0 Virtual Cabin for those interested:

Old 10-06-2017, 10:30 AM   #604
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime

Chuck the dope smoker from Part 3 is being added to the game, though they are renaming him Mitch Floyd;

http://bloody-disgusting.com/video-g...new-character/

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:12 AM   #605
NongEyeGong
Big Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Chuck the dope smoker from Part 3 is being added to the game, though they are renaming him Mitch Floyd;

http://bloody-disgusting.com/video-g...new-character/
Yep, Chuck immediately came to mind when I saw Mitch. Given his inclusion, I wonder if it's not too late for IllFonic to add a bong emote into the game. Eh? Eh?

Cool to hear about a concrete release date for the new map, Jason and counselor. Curious to see how the new map will be structured and how expansive the Jarvis house itself will be.

Heroic Hollywood
& RingSideNews

PSN inthenameofg0re
XBL mikevondoom
NongEyeGong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:04 PM   #606
The Joker

- The Joker
Old 10-07-2017, 03:54 AM   #607
Broseph44
Banned User

Can’t freaking wait!

Broseph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:44 PM   #608
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan

Yep. Saying this coming Friday is gonna be fun is an understatement. Glad we're getting three in one: new counselor, new Jason & a new map.

Still not sure on the new emotes, though. I don't really feel like spending $2 just to dance around like an idiot when I'm supposed to be trying to repair things and dodge Jason.

Old 10-09-2017, 01:31 PM   #609
Broseph44
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
Yep. Saying this coming Friday is gonna be fun is an understatement. Glad we're getting three in one: new counselor, new Jason & a new map.

Still not sure on the new emotes, though. I don't really feel like spending $2 just to dance around like an idiot when I'm supposed to be trying to repair things and dodge Jason.
So don't buy them then? Haha

Broseph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:02 PM   #610
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan

Well, that was the general plan.

Gonna really be interesting testing out part IV...he's going to have increased weapon strength and destruction as advantages but water speed, shift and less traps will be his weaknesses...then again, I kind of anticipated his shift would be a weakness. There's still a good chance he'll end up being faster than parts two & three Jason so it's a necessary evil.

Old 10-12-2017, 06:04 AM   #611
The Joker

- The Joker
Old 10-12-2017, 12:13 PM   #612
KillerMcQueen
Mere Mortal

Good thing they're doing a double xp weekend, I'm gonna need to gain about 7 levels to unlock part 4. Love the rain and new map though.

KillerMcQueen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:09 PM   #613
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan

It's also nice knowing that the rain extends to the other maps too. It changes the atmosphere so much to play matches on Packanack or Crystal Lake and have it raining...especially the former because I think of nothing but the original when it happens.

Part IV Jason is pretty damn good, btw. I enjoy playing with him way more already than I do parts 2 or 3. Don't get me wrong, it was fun stomping around with those versions, but this one seems more balanced, even with less traps. And while not wildly so, he does seem faster than them as well, which always helps.

And the chase music when you're a counselor up against part IV Jason? PERFECT!

Can't wait for Fox. That's gonna be great...I suspect that since Mitch is a repair character she likely won't be and will serve to have more of a protector role.