The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

View Poll Results: Who wins the Super Bowl?
Damned if they do 4 36.36%
Damned if they don’t 7 63.64%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2017, 03:48 PM   #101
JeetKuneDo
Guitarist
 
JeetKuneDo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,197
Default Re: 2017 NFL Thread: A Penny for your Osweiler

Too bad about Romo. I was looking forward to seeing him play with a real team for the first time in his career. Who knows what he would have accomplished if he wasn't stuck with teams that Jerry Jones built.

__________________
Uplift the entire genre instead of attempting to transcend it~T"Challa
JeetKuneDo is offline  
Old 04-08-2017, 02:22 AM   #102
signalman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 708
Default Re: 2017 NFL Thread: A Penny for your Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
So the Steelers are looking to replace the Rapist?
He is coming back for at least one more season.

signalman is offline  
Old 04-13-2017, 04:04 PM   #103
Kaleb
Devil of Hells Kitchen
 
Kaleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 24,626
Default Re: 2017 NFL Thread: A Penny for your Osweiler

RIP


__________________
Avatar by Hunter Rider
Kaleb is offline  
Old 04-13-2017, 07:36 PM   #104
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man
 
Hush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Planet Of OA
Posts: 16,723
Default Re: 2017 NFL Thread: A Penny for your Osweiler

Did he have a dibilitating disease or was this just old age?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
I like love stories. Preferably the love stories that involve a woman without enough money to pay the pizza man, so she has to pay for it....with her vagina.
Avvy by Hunter Rider

H.E.
Hush is offline  
Old 04-13-2017, 07:57 PM   #105
Wheels
Eat my shorts
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Springfield
Posts: 16,323
Default Re: 2017 NFL Thread: A Penny for your Osweiler

RIP Dan Rooney.

__________________
Quote:
I’ll go out and I’ll find some more of that Mulan Szechuan teriyaki dipping sauce, Morty. Because that’s what this is all about, Morty. That’s my one-armed-man. I’m not driven by avenging my dead family, Morty. That was fake! I’m driven by finding that McNugget sauce. I want that McNugget sauce, Morty. That’s my series arc. If it takes nine seasons, I want my McNugget dipping sauce — Szechuan sauce, Morty.
-- Rick Sanchez
Wheels is offline  
Old 04-13-2017, 10:09 PM   #106
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 48,882
Default Re: 2017 NFL Thread: A Penny for your Osweiler

RIP Dan Rooney.

Hasn't his son, Art Jr. been involved in daily operations of the team over the last few years?

__________________
RIP Vartha!
Dr. Evil is offline  
Old 04-13-2017, 10:34 PM   #107
Kaleb
Devil of Hells Kitchen
 
Kaleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 24,626
Default Re: 2017 NFL Thread: A Penny for your Osweiler

Lynch is back.





__________________
Avatar by Hunter Rider
Kaleb is offline  
Old 04-14-2017, 07:51 AM   #108
NewYorkSpider
Norm!
 
NewYorkSpider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 26,739
Default Re: 2017 NFL Thread: A Penny for your Osweiler

Hearing the NFL schedule is going to be revealed next Thursday. Can't wait to see that Jaguars/Titans Thursday night showdown this season.

NewYorkSpider is offline  
Old 04-14-2017, 07:59 AM   #109
Immortalfire
Nothing So Divine
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Immortalfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: In the pale moonlight
Posts: 59,596
Default Re: 2017 NFL Thread: A Penny for your Osweiler

Especially on a Saturday edition of Thursday night football.

__________________
D A W G S

Vartha ~ (1961-2017) Our Mod of Thunder
Immortalfire is offline  
Old 04-14-2017, 08:46 AM   #110
Rowsdower!
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wallachia
Posts: 27,939
Default Re: 2017 NFL Thread: A Penny for your Osweiler

RIP Dan Rooney.

Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 04-14-2017, 12:16 PM   #111
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 80,970
Default Re: 2017 NFL Thread: A Penny for your Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
RIP Dan Rooney.
I saw that. Very sad.

In other news, there are emails that implicate Eli Manning in the Giants memorabilia scandal (apparently people within the organization have been selling counterfeit "game used" memorabilia). There are now emails between Eli and the equipment manager in which Eli tells the equipment manager he has a couple helmets that can pass for game used.

I will say this, despite their wholesome, "aww shucks" public image, the Manning family really are a bunch of pieces of ****.

Matt is offline  
Old 04-14-2017, 03:10 PM   #112
LL2K2
Maid of Might
 
LL2K2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Concord, NH
Posts: 1,223
Default Re: 2017 NFL Thread: A Penny for your Osweiler

Breaking: Former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez acquitted on double murder charges. This is not related to the crime for which he was convicted in 2013 and is serving a life sentence, but could have an effect on appeals:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/aa...191053284.html

__________________
Supporter of SuperHoech and Chuckzam.V for Verisimilitude I believe a girl can fly.
LL2K2 is offline  
Old 04-14-2017, 03:34 PM   #113
The Big G
A Filthy Ningen
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,833
Default Re: 2017 NFL Thread: A Penny for your Osweiler

Looks like Raiders and Lynch have agreed, now its up to the Raiders and Seahawks to make a deal .

The Big G is offline  
Old 04-14-2017, 05:06 PM   #114
InCali
I got a pUpgrade!
 
InCali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: In Cali
Posts: 8,343
Default Re: 2017 NFL Thread: A Penny for your Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSpider View Post
Hearing the NFL schedule is going to be revealed next Thursday. Can't wait to see that Jaguars/Titans Thursday night showdown this season.
I think the Titans have quite a nice future in front of them. Their management ought to be thrown in jail for quite a long stretch for stealing from the Rams.

This is a team that will, barring injuries, make some big strides this year and might have made the playoffs last year had their quarterback not gotten hurt.

And you're hearing this from someone who lives in Los Angeles and had season tickets to the Raiders for over 10 years.

__________________
Home Theater: Acer H9500BD 3D Projector; Elite 120" 16:9 Screen; Sony BDPS5200 3D Blu-ray player; Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Surround System

www.cloudvistas.com
InCali is offline  
Old 04-14-2017, 06:03 PM   #115
Immortalfire
Nothing So Divine
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Immortalfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: In the pale moonlight
Posts: 59,596
Default Re: 2017 NFL Thread: A Penny for your Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL2K2 View Post
Breaking: Former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez acquitted on double murder charges. This is not related to the crime for which he was convicted in 2013 and is serving a life sentence, but could have an effect on appeals:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/aa...191053284.html
This has nothing to do with football

__________________
D A W G S

Vartha ~ (1961-2017) Our Mod of Thunder
Immortalfire is offline  
Old 04-14-2017, 07:00 PM   #116
TheCommissioner
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 3,418
Default Re: 2017 NFL Thread: A Penny for your Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I saw that. Very sad.

In other news, there are emails that implicate Eli Manning in the Giants memorabilia scandal (apparently people within the organization have been selling counterfeit "game used" memorabilia). There are now emails between Eli and the equipment manager in which Eli tells the equipment manager he has a couple helmets that can pass for game used.

I will say this, despite their wholesome, "aww shucks" public image, the Manning family really are a bunch of pieces of ****.
no worse than Deflategate

Manning bought the Giants 2 SB rings, I am grateful for that

__________________
“If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them”

- Joe Kuharich
TheCommissioner is offline  
Old 04-14-2017, 08:23 PM   #117
raisethe3
Legion of Boom
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 505
Default Re: 2017 NFL Thread: A Penny for your Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
Looks like Raiders and Lynch have agreed, now its up to the Raiders and Seahawks to make a deal .
My guess is that Seahawks will win picks from the Raiders.

raisethe3 is offline  
Old 04-14-2017, 10:28 PM   #118
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 80,970
Default Re: 2017 NFL Thread: A Penny for your Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCommissioner View Post
no worse than Deflategate

Manning bought the Giants 2 SB rings, I am grateful for that
Sure it is, considering that Deflategate didn't actually happen.

Matt is offline  
Old 04-14-2017, 10:31 PM   #119
TheCommissioner
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 3,418
Default Re: 2017 NFL Thread: A Penny for your Osweiler

the world of sports memorabilia is rife with scumbags and predators

so I really don't care if they get hustled

the worst that happens is Eli gets suspended a few games

__________________
“If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them”

- Joe Kuharich
TheCommissioner is offline  
Old 04-14-2017, 10:39 PM   #120
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 80,970
Default Re: 2017 NFL Thread: A Penny for your Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCommissioner View Post
the world of sports memorabilia is rife with scumbags and predators

so I really don't care if they get hustled

the worst that happens is Eli gets suspended a few games
I don't care one way or another if he is suspended. I doubt he will be. Goodell isn't going to piss off the Golden Boy or his family by suspending baby brother.

All I am saying is that the Manning family are pieces of ****. And the worst kind to boot: hypocrites. They get up on their moral high horses, write books where they brag about keeping their "Christian values" while being athletes. But at the same time, they rip off fans (and those are the ones getting ripped off by Manning pulling **** like this, the fans who buy the memorabilia, not the dealers) and sexually assault athletic trainers all while hiding behind some bull **** "aww shucks" demeanor. I'd respect them more if they behaved like Cutler or Philip Rivers. Those two know they are pieces of **** and embrace it. They don't try to hide it.

Matt is offline  
Old 04-14-2017, 10:45 PM   #121
TheCommissioner
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 3,418
Default Re: 2017 NFL Thread: A Penny for your Osweiler

and Roethlisberger likes sexual assault as a leisure activity

Steelers fans are the LAST group that should be saying anything about anybody

and yes, Rivers is a serious A-hole and its entertaining as hell when he gets red assed about stuff during games

__________________
“If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them”

- Joe Kuharich
TheCommissioner is offline  
Old 04-14-2017, 10:48 PM   #122
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 80,970
Default Re: 2017 NFL Thread: A Penny for your Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCommissioner View Post
and Roethlisberger likes sexual assault as a leisure activity

Steelers fans are the LAST group that should be saying anything about anybody

and yes, Rivers is a serious A-hole and its entertaining as hell when he gets red assed about stuff during games
You're seriously saying that to me? I don't think Roethlisberger has a bigger critic in these parts than me.

I find it interesting that you are trying to defend Manning by saying "Well, someone else is a piece of **** too." These aren't mutually exclusive concepts. Roethlisberger is a piece of ****. Manning is a piece of ****. If you are okay with him being a piece of **** because he wears a shirt with a logo you like on it, than so be it. Own that. But trying to deflect by saying "he did it too!" or "its not worse than X" is...well...******.

Matt is offline  
Old 04-15-2017, 12:26 AM   #123
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman
 
Warhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: B.P.R.D.
Posts: 29,066
Default Re: 2017 NFL Thread: A Penny for your Osweiler

Two things about the comments above. You clearly have never payed much attention to the thread if you use the "But Big Ben is a rapist so you can't judge anyone else" to Matt of all people in the history of the internet. And "my guy is a jerk but yours is an even bigger jerk" is a middle school level insult, my man. The latter doesn't negate the former.

__________________

Warhammer is offline  
Old 04-15-2017, 12:30 AM   #124
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman
 
Warhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: B.P.R.D.
Posts: 29,066
Default Re: 2017 NFL Thread: A Penny for your Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I don't care one way or another if he is suspended. I doubt he will be. Goodell isn't going to piss off the Golden Boy or his family by suspending baby brother.

All I am saying is that the Manning family are pieces of ****. And the worst kind to boot: hypocrites. They get up on their moral high horses, write books where they brag about keeping their "Christian values" while being athletes. But at the same time, they rip off fans (and those are the ones getting ripped off by Manning pulling **** like this, the fans who buy the memorabilia, not the dealers) and sexually assault athletic trainers all while hiding behind some bull **** "aww shucks" demeanor. I'd respect them more if they behaved like Cutler or Philip Rivers. Those two know they are pieces of **** and embrace it. They don't try to hide it.
This is why we won't be seeing Peyton Manning as an analyst, commentator, or any high profile position in a while. After his Super Bowl win and retirement, those wolves came out and they were hungry. The sports media tried it's damnedest to sweep it under the rug but even a little bit of talk was too much talk.

__________________

Warhammer is offline  
Old 04-15-2017, 08:26 AM   #125
TheCommissioner
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 3,418
Default Re: 2017 NFL Thread: A Penny for your Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
You're seriously saying that to me? I don't think Roethlisberger has a bigger critic in these parts than me.

I find it interesting that you are trying to defend Manning by saying "Well, someone else is a piece of **** too." These aren't mutually exclusive concepts. Roethlisberger is a piece of ****. Manning is a piece of ****. If you are okay with him being a piece of **** because he wears a shirt with a logo you like on it, than so be it. Own that. But trying to deflect by saying "he did it too!" or "its not worse than X" is...well...******.
Im fine with someone being a piece of crap when it comes to hustling other pieces of crap (sports memorabilia people)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Two things about the comments above. You clearly have never payed much attention to the thread if you use the "But Big Ben is a rapist so you can't judge anyone else" to Matt of all people in the history of the internet. And "my guy is a jerk but yours is an even bigger jerk" is a middle school level insult, my man. The latter doesn't negate the former.
no it doesn't

its all crap, just different degrees

__________________
“If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them”

- Joe Kuharich
TheCommissioner is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.