The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Old 04-06-2015, 08:47 PM   #51
Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: Ruffahulk Ruffasmash - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoherentChaos View Post
For the opening scene, Hulk seems to be in good control. If Nat can so casually approach him and even have a little chat, then its safe to assume he's in enough control that his teammates don't have to worry about getting crushed.

There's the rumor (?) that Scarlet Witch tricks him into attacking a dead Leviathan, so who knows. Maybe that plants the seed for Bruce's decline towards the middle of the film. Ruffalo has hinted at a sort of ego struggle and I feel like that's the perfect opportunity to bring that up. Make it a slow burn into madness, a slow loss of control (cue the shot where Bruce looks up with green eyes and smiles?), as the Hulk persona starts to demand dominance over Bruce.

You know, instead of just, whenever Ultron starts doing his thing, Scarlet Witch just zaps Bruce on the spot and Hulk immediately goes on a rampage. I think that would play out too similar to A1, where all it took was a sudden explosion (a singular event) to trigger the rampage.

I'm guessing after that, Bruce regains dominance enough to at least take a stand against Ultron. After that, who knows?
That makes sense too. I'd be cool with either approach (as in yours or that it's over by the halfway stage of the film after the Hulkbuster fight, not the insta-zap-rampage).

Old 04-06-2015, 08:51 PM   #52
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernesth100 View Post
Three things that can happen.
1. He'll be deemed to dangerous after his AoU rampage and locked away,
2. Have gone insane himself after Scarlet Witches mind games and go into hiding as Banner always attempting to hold the Hulk back or something along those lines.
3. Have Banner give into the Hulk as the dominant personality ala Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heroes in exchange for Hulk being a hero. But maybe after that the Avengers find out Hulk doesn't want to be with the Avengers where he finally talks in an extended cohernent sentence(even if he refers to himself in third person but is still understandable).

I'd like #3 personally it'd be a perfect reason for Hulk to go off on his own and perfect means to set up a Ruffalo Hulk solo film.

If #1 happens Him being locked away can also lead to a Red Hulk storyline where they get his blood(come on if the Army locks the Hulk away the first thing they're gonna do is take his blood).

Or to a much much much very nearly impossible extent. Be shot into space. My one dream(which will of course never happen) is Gaurdians of the Galaxy: Planet Hulk
I don't think the space thing is 100% impossible. Being merely locked away throughout Civil War doesn't seem suffiicient to be able to ignore him during that story while space would make it ok to get away with just references to him. Civil War really needs both Hulk and Thor to be off the planet to enable a fair fight between everyone else.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:11 PM   #53
CoherentChaos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I don't think the space thing is 100% impossible. Being merely locked away throughout Civil War doesn't seem suffiicient to be able to ignore him during that story while space would make it ok to get away with just references to him. Civil War really needs both Hulk and Thor to be off the planet to enable a fair fight between everyone else.
Didn't Thor just instantly smite Tony when he came back and found out what he did? I recall a comic panel where Tony knows what's coming, but isn't able to react in time, or even meaningfully if he did have time, because Thor just came down and wrecked him within seconds. While the power levels in the MCU are different, I imagine it'd go very much the same. In fact, if Thor ever went on a Hulk-like rampage, on Earth, I don't think there'd be much that could actually stop him.

I'd say the same for Hulk but we've seen him incapacitated by sufficient laser fire, which Stark and the newest incarnation of SHIELD should have by Civil War. Still, if you're fighting a war, and one side has a Hulk and you don't, that's a pretty severe disadvantage.

Last edited by CoherentChaos; 04-07-2015 at 12:05 AM.
CoherentChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 11:21 PM   #54
ernesth100
Spidey-Hog

Agreed, Thor and Hulk are the heavy hitter heroes of the MCU at the moment. At least until heroes like Doctor Strange and Captain Marvel come in. And maybe Luke Cage depending on how strong they portray him in the Netflix series.

#DesignedByTonyStark
ernesth100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 06:04 AM   #55
Khonshu
Side-Kick

Will we get the Hulk thunderclap?

Khonshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 06:51 AM   #56
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoherentChaos View Post
Didn't Thor just instantly smite Tony when he came back and found out what he did? I recall a comic panel where Tony knows what's coming, but isn't able to react in time, or even meaningfully if he did have time, because Thor just came down and wrecked him within seconds. While the power levels in the MCU are different, I imagine it'd go very much the same. In fact, if Thor ever went on a Hulk-like rampage, on Earth, I don't think there'd be much that could actually stop him.

I'd say the same for Hulk but we've seen him incapacitated by sufficient laser fire, which Stark and the newest incarnation of SHIELD should have by Civil War. Still, if you're fighting a war, and one side has a Hulk and you don't, that's a pretty severe disadvantage.
If Thor went on a Hulk-like rampage noone's stopping him! Both these dudes need to sit Civil War out, hopefully a planet or so away.

Old 04-07-2015, 07:23 AM   #57
herolee10
No More Miracles

I really do wish that at some point, we would not only get a chance to see the personas of Bruce and Hulk meet and converse with each other, but to just see what the MCU version of Hulk thinks about the things around him.

I mean is he only good because of Banner's influence or does he possess morals as well?

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:48 AM   #58
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Aside from Devil Hulk, every Hulk persona has had some level of inherent decency. I remember the Crossroads Saga was pretty much animalistic Hulk, completely stripped of Banner, wandering about and helping certain people he met.

I'd like to think, that even as underdeveloped as MCU Hulk is, that he'd retain some basic heroism that isn't just Banner.

If you seek Dude's monument, look around you.

Quote:
How is it that you, a diabolical sick ****, is so goddamn sexy?
Roose Bolton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:22 AM   #59
herolee10
No More Miracles

Well, Mark wasn't kidding when he said that they have barely touched the surface of the potential for this character.

I still can't believe on how we haven't really gotten a portrayal of Hulk as of yet that has allowed him to speak and give people an impression of his own personality outside from his normal smashing and fighting.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:42 AM   #60
TheVision
Sharp Dressed Man

I like how Joss described Hulk (paraphrasing): He's like a werewolf thats supposed to be a hero.

TheVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:00 AM   #61
-VisionsVision-
RAMPAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVision View Post
I like how Joss described Hulk (paraphrasing): He's like a werewolf thats supposed to be a hero.
A tortured soul.

-VisionsVision- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:03 AM   #62
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roose Bolton View Post
Aside from Devil Hulk, every Hulk persona has had some level of inherent decency. I remember the Crossroads Saga was pretty much animalistic Hulk, completely stripped of Banner, wandering about and helping certain people he met.

I'd like to think, that even as underdeveloped as MCU Hulk is, that he'd retain some basic heroism that isn't just Banner.
Yep, same here. Really hope they show some evidence of Hulk having some part hero to him which is completely independent of Banner.

Old 04-07-2015, 11:54 AM   #63
ernesth100
Spidey-Hog

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well, Mark wasn't kidding when he said that they have barely touched the surface of the potential for this character.

I still can't believe on how we haven't really gotten a portrayal of Hulk as of yet that has allowed him to speak and give people an impression of his own personality outside from his normal smashing and fighting.
That was one of my dream for this movie. Just Hulk having a full sentence or breif actual conversation.

#DesignedByTonyStark
Old 04-07-2015, 12:54 PM   #64
TheVision
Sharp Dressed Man

Visions: Yeah tortured soul but also the transformation aspect. He also said WE want Bruce to turn into Hulk but he doesnt want to.

TheVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:58 PM   #65
Iceman
Infinity War!

I'm getting the feeling we won't be getting that side of Hulk in this film. Maybe we have to wait for a Hulk solo.

Old 04-07-2015, 12:59 PM   #66
ernesth100
Spidey-Hog

Of course Banner doesn't want to turn into the Hulk. Not only do I imagine the transformation is painful but even though he has a little he could loose control at any moment.

#DesignedByTonyStark
Old 04-07-2015, 01:33 PM   #67
Iceman
Infinity War!

He might want to to help out as part of the team nowadays, just wants to make sure to limit/control all non-planned transformations.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:53 PM   #68
ernesth100
Spidey-Hog

Which is why I imagine he helped build the Hulkbuster armor. By the way in the new featurette Hulkbuster pimp slapped the holy hell outta Hulk. Dude wen't flying off a truck and everything. Whether this is before or after the scene where Hulk does the same to tony with that yellow pole I do not know. But whichever came first one of them got payback.

#DesignedByTonyStark
Old 04-07-2015, 02:04 PM   #69
Iceman
Infinity War!

Yep. They're both beating the hell out of each other. Love the part where Hulk is punching Hulkbuster UP the skyscraper.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:16 PM   #70
TalismanRing
Cyclone Cookie Tosser

Quote:
Yep. They're both beating the hell out of each other. Love the part where Hulk is punching Hulkbuster UP the skyscraper.
It' s great because it works as a reversal of Hulk saving Tony in Avengers coming down a skyscraper.

TalismanRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 02:25 PM   #71
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalismanRing View Post
It' s great because it works as a reversal of Hulk saving Tony in Avengers coming down a skyscraper.
Haha true. I loved that save. Really felt like Hulk making the save more than Banner. That was the one thing I think would have been even more effective saved for the film rather than being shown in a trailer.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:43 PM   #72
TalismanRing
Cyclone Cookie Tosser

The Hulk is part of Banner, he's not only Bruce's rage personified but what protects Bruce. So he cares about the people Bruce does and hates the people Bruce does.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:47 PM   #73
Iceman
Infinity War!

I want to do a psych study on Hulk. Love how his mind works.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:58 PM   #74
TalismanRing
Cyclone Cookie Tosser

Quote:
I want to do a psych study on Hulk. Love how his mind works.
He's like a multiple personality but with a gamma radiated enhanced physical manifestation.

Bruce was an abused child who watched his father murder his mother. I woudn't be surprised if an incipient Hulk was there all along mentally protecting Bruce from things he couldn't handle.

Old 04-07-2015, 03:04 PM   #75
Iceman
Infinity War!

Possible yeah. If so the gamma incident certainly brought that to the fore!