The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Old 03-10-2015, 10:44 AM   #26
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Default Re: Paul Bettany IS The Vision - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostcrow13 View Post
Question is why doesn't he just go round being intangible all the time then only solidify part of his body in the other persons when he wants to take someone down?

I wonder who else he will fight besides Thor, I'm guessing it's not just that battle before Vision turns.
I dont think he can just solidify a PART of his body...that is how Thor stopped him from doing Molecular disruption on him

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:48 AM   #27
hafizbat
Wild Cherry

Vision looks incredible! I know he can fly, phase through things, etc but I'm not too familiar with him. I read somewhere else that if he's like his comic version he'd easily be the most powerful Avenger, could take down Ultron with ease, and would probably only be second to Thanos in the MCU.

Is Vision really that powerful??

hafizbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:51 AM   #28
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
I dont think he can just solidify a PART of his body...that is how Thor stopped him from doing Molecular disruption on him
Yeah i've always been iffy on it, I know sometimes he has to become solid again but I swear I remember times when he only just did his hand. Or maybe that was just me thinking that he'd be better if he could do that and over the years it made me think he has done it.

I'm really intrigued how this fight will pan out, much moreso than Hulk-HB which I'm confident Widow will intervene and stop the fight with Hulk about to kill Tony.

But this, Hemsworth implied Vision was stronger so I think he could win. But then no idea how, or if Vision will surprise Thor a bit before Thor defeats him.

1) Captain America: Civil War 2) The Avengers 3) The Dark Knight 4) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 5) Logan 6) Iron Man 7) Batman Begins 8) X-men 2 9) Spiderman 2 10) Superman
Ghostcrow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 11:03 AM   #29
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Vision looks incredible! I know he can fly, phase through things, etc but I'm not too familiar with him. I read somewhere else that if he's like his comic version he'd easily be the most powerful Avenger, could take down Ultron with ease, and would probably only be second to Thanos in the MCU.

In a word, no.

I guess you can say if he is as powerful as he is in the comics, then perhaps he could defeat Thor. We have no idea how MCU Thor will react to Visions phasing, as sketch says Thor stopped it in the comics. As I just said Hemsworth implied Vision is stronger, but Thor has other tools.

In a similar manner we have no idea how Hulk would react to the phasing, is Vision strong enough to rip out the Hulks heart for example, as far as I know there is no precedent for that in the comics.

Certainly however they react to it, Vision wouldn't be as strong as Odin, just based on Groot reforming from a twig, well then he wouldn't be able to defeat him either.

Is he powerful, yes is he like top tier, no.

1) Captain America: Civil War 2) The Avengers 3) The Dark Knight 4) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 5) Logan 6) Iron Man 7) Batman Begins 8) X-men 2 9) Spiderman 2 10) Superman
Old 03-10-2015, 11:38 AM   #30
hafizbat
Wild Cherry

Thanks for the reply! So I guess he definitely fits into the "heavyweight" category with Thor and Hulk.

Old 03-10-2015, 11:45 AM   #31
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thanks for the reply! So I guess he definitely fits into the "heavyweight" category with Thor and Hulk.
Well comic wise Thor and Hulk are just on another level, MCU I see Vision being closer so yeah those 3 would be the Heavyweights.

The big thing here is how powerful SW is, she could very well top them all, or at least be up there as a heavyweight as well.

Old 03-10-2015, 12:52 PM   #32
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Yes, it's hard to say how powerful Vision will be in the MCU as we don't know how his power level will relate to his comic version.

Thor is probably the most powered down character in the MCU, while Cap definitely seems to be able to compete with his comic self.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 01:30 PM   #33
MbJ
Side-Kick

Quote:

If Vision were really strong enough to single handedly take down Thanos don't you think that'd kinda make a two part movie redundant?

MbJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 01:42 PM   #34
-VisionsVision-
Odyssey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post
If Vision were really strong enough to single handedly take down Thanos don't you think that'd kinda make a two part movie redundant?
Exactly this. He is powerful but he CAN NOT take down Thanos.

-VisionsVision- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 02:48 PM   #35
hafizbat
Wild Cherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post
Nowhere did I imply he would be able to "single-handedly take down Thanos"....

Old 03-10-2015, 03:11 PM   #36
warcam
Side-Kick

Quote:
then only solidify part of his body in the other persons when he wants to take someone down?
He's saving that for Wanda in the sequel.

Old 03-10-2015, 06:53 PM   #37
BigThor
God of Thunder

Of course if Vision was as powerful as he in the comics he'll be the most powerful. That's only because Hulk and Thor are powered down so much.

If Thor or Hulk were as powerful as they are in the comics they could trash the entire known MCU single handedly.

BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 06:57 PM   #38
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:
But this, Hemsworth implied Vision was stronger so I think he could win. But then no idea how, or if Vision will surprise Thor a bit before Thor defeats him.
He did not imply anything of the sort. He said when Thor fights hand to hand it's against someone of equal or greater strength.

Hulk and Kurse both have greater strength so he could be referring to his fights with them. Both of those fights were primarily hand to hand.

I try not to take things like that too seriously though. it's not like Joss is going "hey this guy lifts this much and your guy lifts this much".

Last edited by BigThor; 03-10-2015 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:06 PM   #39
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

BT what sorts of feats are you hoping for out of Thor in AoU?

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:13 PM   #40
yllum
Side-Kick

Its pretty amazing that a human created robot can stand up to a 'god' like thor.

I know this is a sci fi movie, anything is possible but it really goes to prove that human or mortal can at least have a way to counter threat from other realm in the MCU

yllum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:02 PM   #41
LowlifeZar
EL THORO

Talking Re: Paul Bettany IS The Vision - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by yllum View Post
Its pretty amazing that a human created robot can stand up to a 'god' like thor.

I know this is a sci fi movie, anything is possible but it really goes to prove that human or mortal can at least have a way to counter threat from other realm in the MCU

True that. But I also see it in reverse. Its awesome that there is a being out there that can go against that and duke it out with hulk without a suit or exoskeleton type tech/stuff etc lol Sure he has armor but still haha
Taking repulsers to the face is no joke. Love to both sides!

LowlifeZar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:03 PM   #42
LowlifeZar
EL THORO

I hope Vision can sort of manhandle IronMan. I also wonder if he will face the hulk.

LowlifeZar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:11 PM   #43
Iceman
Infinity War!

The Avengers are being reinforced by 2 potential powerhouses in Vision and Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver has a very unique and useful skill. I hope these characters are here to stay.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:27 PM   #44
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by yllum View Post

Vision was created by Ultron, not by Bruce Banner or Stark.

Also before anyone says "but they created Ultron", remember Ultron's program was found in the Chtauri wreckage.

So no, humans did not create a being that could stand up to a god.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
BT what sorts of feats are you hoping for out of Thor in AoU?
Not getting my hopes up too much, but Chris H. said he asked for Thor to lift & throw cars and rip things in half.

Also he said he asked for Thor to fly more and spend more time using the elements. So yeah if all of that stuff is actually in the film I'd be a happer camper.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=543581

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

MCU Thor Respect Thread
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=541747

Last edited by BigThor; 03-10-2015 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:29 PM   #45
HKpowerup
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
If Thor or Hulk were as powerful as they are in the comics they could trash the entire known MCU single handedly.
I am absolutely certain Thor is going to get a HUGE buff in Thor 3: Ragnarok. Quite likely the Odinforce, or something similar (can't remember if that's been mentioned in the MCU).

Hulk should get more feats too in the IW movies.

HKpowerup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 11:30 PM   #46
HKpowerup
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
The Avengers are being reinforced by 2 potential powerhouses in Vision and Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver has a very unique and useful skill. I hope these characters are here to stay.
Yes, I can't wait to see the Vision. And I hope he becomes a future Avengers member, with a niche role like Hulk who only appears in Avengers movies.

Old 03-10-2015, 11:34 PM   #47
HKpowerup
Side-Kick

Quote:
Not getting my hopes up too much, but Chris H. said he asked for Thor to lift & throw cars and rip things in half.

Also he said he asked for Thor to fly more and spend more time using the elements. So yeah if all of that stuff is actually in the film I'd be a happer camper.
I don't think they're going to want Thor to overshadow the Hulk in strength feats, as that's strictly Hulk's territory, not to mention the Asgardian is already a ridiculously overpowered character (no weaknesses + magical hammer).

Wasn't there footage of Thor destroying Hydra tanks in the first SDCC trailer last year though?

Anyway, I do hope, and do think we'll see Thor fly more and summon more weather powers in AoU. I'd like to see a tornado or hurricane

Last edited by HKpowerup; 03-10-2015 at 11:44 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:43 PM   #48
HKpowerup
Side-Kick

Quote:

I'm really intrigued how this fight will pan out, much moreso than Hulk-HB which I'm confident Widow will intervene and stop the fight with Hulk about to kill Tony.

Same here, it has the potential to one of the best fights in CBM history if Whedon was allowed to get carried away with it. The way he emphasizes how different Vision is in terms of powers and abilities just makes it all the more mouthwatering.

Just over 6 weeks away I can't believe it....

Old 03-10-2015, 11:53 PM   #49
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKpowerup View Post
I don't think they're going to want Thor to overshadow the Hulk in strength feats, as that's strictly Hulk's territory, not to mention the Asgardian is already a ridiculously overpowered character (no weaknesses + magical hammer).

Wasn't there footage of Thor destroying Hydra tanks in the first SDCC trailer last year though?

Anyway, I do hope, and do think we'll see Thor fly more and summon more weather powers in AoU. I'd like to see a tornado or hurricane
Well lifting cars and ripping things in half won't overshadow Hulk. Heck Iron Man caught a car in IM1 and in the trailers for AOU so that's fair game.

You can have multiple characters with strength feats I'm certain DC isn't going to be using that logic in Batman vs Superman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKpowerup View Post
I am absolutely certain Thor is going to get a HUGE buff in Thor 3: Ragnarok. Quite likely the Odinforce, or something similar (can't remember if that's been mentioned in the MCU).

Hulk should get more feats too in the IW movies.
If Thor doesn't get the Odin Force during Ragnarock I will be furious lol. Personally I think Thor is plenty powerful in the MCU but as the threat grows (Thanos) it certainly would help.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=543581

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

MCU Thor Respect Thread
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=541747
Old 03-11-2015, 03:26 AM   #50
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

Quote:
He did not imply anything of the sort. He said when Thor fights hand to hand it's against someone of equal or greater strength.

Hulk and Kurse both have greater strength so he could be referring to his fights with them. Both of those fights were primarily hand to hand.

I try not to take things like that too seriously though. it's not like Joss is going "hey this guy lifts this much and your guy lifts this much".
He did actually if you listen to the audio, you hear exactly what he says which is 'in this instance it's more hand to hand because it's someone of equal strength or maybe even moreso'

He was specifically talking about the Vision and the fight they were filming. Collider put the word 'if' but Hemsworth said 'it's'