The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 08-24-2015, 04:25 PM   #76
Nathan

Default Re: The Resident Evil Thread

I only ever played the Demo, so I don't know if they ever fixed it in the final release, but I had the same gripes with the controls. They didn't feel remotely as tight as RE5's controls.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:37 PM   #77
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

The partner AI and inventory size in RE6 are better than they are in RE5, I don't like the lack of pause in RE6 though, don't want that realism in my games.

YOUTUBE
Rugrats: Liveaction movie with CGI babies.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:02 AM   #78
Havok83
Side-Kick

RE Origins Collection coming to PS4 X1 in January. Retail disc which bundles RER and 0 HD together. No price revealed, but im guessing $40

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...box-one/.92383

New mode for 0

Quote:
CAPCOM describes the mode:

For the first time ever in Resident Evil 0 players can experience the events leading up to the iconic mansion outbreak playing as alternative character Albert Wesker, alongside S.T.A.R.S. member Rebecca Chambers. Both characters will star in a special themed outfit for the mode with Wesker replacing the traditional gameplay role of Billy Coen. Check out the brand new video for a tease of the amazing powers Wesker can bring to the gameplay.
eta: Price is actually $40

Last edited by Havok83; 09-02-2015 at 03:16 PM.
Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:57 AM   #79
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Edit mis read it

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
the_ultimate_evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 12:32 PM   #80
Sundancer
Cynicist

Anyone up for a trip to Japan?

http://www.tickld.com/x/jaw/so-appar...pid=2&ts_pid=2

Sundancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 12:37 PM   #81
Majik1387
Banned User

Yeah, it's way too cool the way they do it as well.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 02:32 PM   #82
Mogwai
Fanboy

Would love to participate in that.

Old 09-15-2015, 02:53 AM   #83
Havok83
Side-Kick

Because everyone loved Operation Raccoon City so much, we are getting this

Old 09-15-2015, 03:35 AM   #84
zenith16
Side-Kick

Fallowing up on the image above

Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps Announced For PlayStation 4. September 15, 2015 . 1:31am

Capcom announced during the SCEJA Press Conference 2015 that
they’re working on a new competitive shooter for the PS4 called Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps.
Quote:

Capcom announced during the SCEJA Press Conference 2015 that they’re working on a new competitive shooter for the PS4 called Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps.

Here’s a first look at the game’s trailer:

Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps will release in 2016 for PlayStation 4.

Read more stories about PlayStation 4 & Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps on Siliconera.

Even more info below

PlayStation 4, PC
Resident Evil-themed Umbrella Corps announced for PS4, PC
Published 54 mins ago. 5 comments.
Quote:
Due out as a digital-only, $30 title in early 2016.

Capcom announced Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps, a multiplayer third-person shooter set in the Resident Evil universe, for PlayStation 4 and PC during SCEJA Press Conference 2015.

Due out in early 2016 across Japan, North America, and Europe, the competitive online game will feature quick, intense matches in compat battle zones themed from historic Resident Evil environments.

Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps is built on the Unity engine and will launch digitally for PlayStation 4 at an MSRP of $29.99 / €29.99 / £24.99.
Get the debut trailer and fact sheet below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.
Gameplay Overview
Umbrella Corps is a new fast-paced third-person shooter set in the Resident Evil® universe. The competitive online game will feature quick, intense matches in compact battle zones themed from historic Resident Evil environments such as an Umbrella Facility map. Umbrella Corps utilizes the Unity engine developed by Unity Technologies.
Umbrella Corporation, a ruthless international pharmaceutical company, had been known for its genetic experiments and biological weaponry that led to worldwide devastation including the infamous Raccoon City incident. Although the organization was brought down in 2003, its legacy of bio-terrorism continued. In the present day, corporations with nebulous interests in bio-weaponry have hired squads of special forces for experimental battles in restricted virus-infected areas against other mercenaries.
Features
  • Close quarters battle – high-intensity, quick-play matches with no place to hide.
  • Fast-paced competitive team shooter – players can compete online in adrenaline-fueled matches.
  • Variety of unique match options – compete in various modes including the high-stakes One Life Match mode where players only get one chance apiece per round to take down the other team.
  • Resident Evil backdrop – familiar environments and enemies such as zombies populate each map, adding another threat or opportunity.
  • Analog aim and cover system – flexible system allows for lean and height adjustments for more precise control when firing from cover.
  • Gun and grenade based weaponry plus specialized gear with Resident Evil flair:
    • Brainer – a powerful melee axe which goes straight into the skull.
    • Tactical Shield – an arm-mounted guard allowing players to utilize a zombie as cover.
    • Terrain Spikes – boot-mounted spikes for trampling enemies.
    • Zombie Jammer – a device which repels zombies only when active.
    • visit gallery »

Read More

PC, PlayStation 4, Capcom, Clips, Game Announce, Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps, SCEJA Press Conference 2015, Screenshots, Trailers
source: Siliconera & Gematsu

Last edited by zenith16; 09-15-2015 at 04:00 AM.
zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 03:40 AM   #85
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Storywise it doesn't make sense, cause Albert's powers activate after the first Tyrant fight in the original Resident Evil.
But this comment is no complaint, I'll dig in and enjoy.

YOUTUBE
Rugrats: Liveaction movie with CGI babies.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:32 AM   #86
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

IIRC, even though it was panned to kingdom come, didn't ORC still sell well? I seem to recall reading it sold 3-4 million or something like that, so it's not that surprising that they would do another. And considering this is a digital-only, $30 title tells me it's probably not a full budget release either. Weird that it's not on the Bone, though. Or maybe they just didn't announce that version since this was a TGS and may not be doing a Japanese version in that region or something.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:44 AM   #87
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
IIRC, even though it was panned to kingdom come, didn't ORC still sell well? I seem to recall reading it sold 3-4 million or something like that, so it's not that surprising that they would do another. And considering this is a digital-only, $30 title tells me it's probably not a full budget release either. Weird that it's not on the Bone, though. Or maybe they just didn't announce that version since this was a TGS and may not be doing a Japanese version in that region or something.
Today was Sony's press conference. They werent going to announce anything as being on MS's platform

Old 09-15-2015, 06:50 AM   #88
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

I realize this was announced at Sony's conference at TGS, but Capcom Unity did a post about it afterward that mentioned a PC version. You would think they would mention the Xbox One version as well since they talked about NA and Europe.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/neilgort...nounced-at-tgs

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:31 AM   #89
Nathan

Go home Capcom, you're drunk.

Old 09-18-2015, 05:47 PM   #90
FVD
Ascendant Here On

I never really got into the spinoff games. Just wish Capcom would give us remakes of 2 and 3 already. Even Code Veronica too would be nice.

EDIT - OOOOOH, RE2 Remake just announced. ABOUT TIME!

Last edited by FVD; 09-18-2015 at 07:59 PM.
FVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 12:29 PM   #91
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

And Code Veronica had a HD remaster last gen

Quote:
Old 09-24-2015, 11:01 PM   #92
zenith16
Side-Kick

Resident Evil 0’s Achievements And Trophies Reveal Potential Challenges. September 24, 2015 . 10:00am

Capcom has revealed all of the trophies and achievements that will be in the Resident Evil 0 HD remaster.

Quote:

Capcom is working on a Resident Evil 0 HD remaster that will bring the GameCube game to current generation platforms. This means not only a visual upgrade, but also a series of achievements and trophies, depending on the platform, that provide players goals to shoot for. The developer has revealed all of the potential accolades to unlock, with many challenging players to do things like get through Resident Evil 0 without saving or with an “S” rank.

Here is the list of achievements and trophies for Resident Evil 0.
  • S is for S.T.A.R.S. – Finish the game with rank S.
  • From Zero to Hero – Finish the game on Hard difficulty.
  • Who’s Got the Herb? – Finish the game without combining herbs.
  • Save Your Prayers – Finish the game without saving.
  • Allergic to First Aid Spray – Finish the game without using a First-Aid Spray.
  • This is Serious Business – Finish the game without using a recovery item (including Green Chemicals).
  • Zero In – Defeat an enemy with a critical-hit headshot.
  • Burned Alive – Defeat an enemy by burning them.
  • Dead, Dead, Deadski – Defeat a zombie by stomping on them.
  • This is How You Recycle – Create a Molotov Cocktail.
  • Fashion Plate – Change into a costume.
  • Here I Come to Save the Day – Attack an enemy to save your partner who is grappling with that enemy.
  • >Guns are Too Quick – Defeat an enemy with a knife.
  • Misdirected Hostility – Destroy a zombie’s legs.
  • Fileophile – Read all files.
  • Apprentice of Unlocking – Obtain all keys and use them all.
  • Find Time to Combine – Combine every type of herb with each other.
  • I Could Shoot, You Know – Obtain all weapons.
  • I’m a Medic, Not a Bodybuilder – Try to push something heavy with Rebecca.
  • Wanna Go for a Ride? – Earn all trophies. (PlayStation only)

Capcom also revealed the hidden trophies and achievements for Resident Evil 0. These are filled with spoilers for the game.

Train Complete – Complete the train.
Training Facility Complete – Complete the training facility.
Laboratory Complete – Complete the laboratory.
Factory Complete – Complete the factory.
Treatment Plant Complete – Complete the treatment plant.
Taking the Sting Out – Defeat Stinger.
Centurion Disciplinarian – Defeat Centurion.
Die, Devil Bird! – Defeat Infected Bat.
Proto Tyrant Down – Fight off the Proto Tyrant.
Proto Tyrant Down Again – Defeat the Proto Tyrant.
Hey, Queenie! Feast on this! – Defeat Queen Leech.
That’s Officer Chambers to You – Defeat all bosses except Centurion using Rebecca.
Alley-oop! – Shoot down a Hunter or an Eliminator while they are jump attacking in the air.
Sit, Boy, Sit! Good Dog – Break free of a Cerberus while they are biting you or trying to push you down.
Custom to Bust ‘Em – Create a Custom Handgun.
Green is the Color – Use a Green Chemical.
How ‘Bout a Light, Bud? – Defeat Mimicry Marcus with a Molotov Cocktail or a Napalm Grenade.
I Have the Touch – Defeat Mimicry Marcus for the first time only using a knife.
Winged Spawn of Satan – Defeat 16 bats in the church.
Welcome to Team Wesker – Put on Team Wesker costume.
Calm the Zombie Nerves – Play the piano using Rebecca.
On Leather Wings – Get picked up by the Infected Bat.
Trying Out New Things – Play Leech Hunter.
A Weird Interest in Leeches – Finish Leech Hunter with rank A.
Leech-Shaped Hole in my Heart – Finish Leech Hunter with rank E or above.
Who Needs Partners? – Collect all of only one color of Leech Charms.
Distracted from the Hunt – Defeat all enemies in Leech Hunter.
20/20 Vision – Kill 50 enemies with the Death Stare at full charge.
Resident Evil 0 will be released in 2016, both as a solo download for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Windows PC, as well as in the physical Resident Evil Origins Collection for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on January 19, 2016.

Read more stories about Capcom & PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4 & Resident Evil 0 & Windows PC & Xbox 360 & Xbox One on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

Old 09-24-2015, 11:06 PM   #93
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Maybe it really just has been that long, but the hell is Leech Hunter? I don't remember a game mode called that in Zero. And god, finishing without saving. Just...why? I know you can beat the older titles fast once you now the layout and everything, but it's just...why?

EDIT: And wait, REMake and Zero are getting a physical release? I must've missed that, had no idea.

Quote:

Last edited by Tron Bonne; 09-24-2015 at 11:17 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:51 PM   #94
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
Maybe it really just has been that long, but the hell is Leech Hunter? I don't remember a game mode called that in Zero. And god, finishing without saving. Just...why? I know you can beat the older titles fast once you now the layout and everything, but it's just...why?

EDIT: And wait, REMake and Zero are getting a physical release? I must've missed that, had no idea.
http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Leech_Hunter

Old 09-25-2015, 08:46 AM   #95
The Hill
Frat House Member

Will they put in item boxes?

Backtracking is the basis of all gameplay. Only a fool wouldn't recycle assets to lengthen gameplay
The Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 01:30 PM   #96
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
I really don't remember that at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hill View Post
Will they put in item boxes?
Doubt it. Probably just like REMake, just a straight up remaster. Well, they did add that Wesker mode, but I doubt they'll do anything to alter the actual gameplay experience.

Quote:
Old 10-06-2015, 08:40 PM   #97
zenith16
Side-Kick

Capcom: Stay Tuned For Resident Evil 7, No Plans For A New Devil May Cry For Now. October 6, 2015 . 9:03am

Capcom developers share the latest on the Resident Evil series, Devil May Cry, and more in a recent Q&A session.

Quote:

In celebration of Dengeki PlayStation’s 600th volume, this week’s issue has a massive Q&A session with various developers. Here’s what Capcom had to say about some of their games. [Thanks, Hachima.]

From Resident Evil producer Masachika Kawata:

Q: They say that the Resident Evil series is losing its horror touch. What are your thoughts on this?
A: Since there’s been more spinoff titles, I can see how it can be perceived in such a way. And of course I believe that we should produce titles that bring out the horror. I’m thinking about it and also preparing for it.

Q: Will there be any HD versions for Resident Evil 2, 3, and Outbreak?
A: The hurdle is high, but we’d like to respond to as much demand as possible. [Note: Resident Evil 2’s remake was recently approved.]

Q: And what about Resident Evil 7?
A: We’re currently not at a state to talk about it… but please stay tuned.

The following is from Capcom producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi.

Q: Are there plans for any spinoff titles or anime for Sengoku Basara?
A: I’d like to do those, but it’s undecided for now.

Q: What about plans for a new Devil May Cry or a new offline Dragon’s Dogma?
A: They’re also things I’d like to personally do, but there are no plans [for now].

Read more stories about Capcom & Devil May Cry & Resident Evil 7 on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

Old 10-07-2015, 08:59 PM   #98
zenith16
Side-Kick

PlayStation 4, PC
Umbrella Corps “One Life Match” gameplay video
Published 9 hours ago. 20 comments.
Quote:
Watch a three-minute team deathmatch without respawns.

Capcom has released a five-minute gameplay video of Umbrella Corps, its upcoming multiplayer shooter set in the Resident Evil universe for PlayStation 4 and PC.

The video sees two squads from the Capcom development team in Japan battle it out in a three-versus-three “One Life Match” game. In this mode, players must defeat the opposing team within a three-minute time limit without any option to respawn.

Commentary from the team provides insight into some of the game’s tactics, including aggressive firing, finding new paths by lifting shutter doors, utilizing the cover system, flanking the enemy, or plotting sneak attacks.

You’ll also get a look at the game’s non-traditional arsenal. For example, the “Brainer” melee axe can be charged up and used as a one-hit kill attack, and the “Zombie Jammer” prevents zombies from attacking, but if it’s damaged, the player will become zombie food.

Umbrella Corps will launch digitally for PlayStation 4 and PC in early 2016 at an MSRP of $29.99 / €29.99 / £24.99.

Watch the gameplay video, plus a new live-action trailer, below.
Gameplay Video

Live-Action Trailer

Read More

PC, PlayStation 4, Capcom, Clips, Gameplay, Multiplayer, Shooter, TPS, Umbrella Corps
source: Gematsu

Old 10-11-2015, 09:30 PM   #99
Victarion
Iron Captain

http://www.crimson-head.com/biohazard35.htm

Check out this interview. Its got a load of information on Resident Evil 3.5. Neat stuff to be seen in there. Apparently the castle on Mallet Island in Devil May Cry was originally the Spencer Castle. And the exterior of the 3.5 Spencer Castle looks very similar to the retail art of Salazar's Castle exterior.

The Mother Virus was found in a fossilized human beneath Spencer's Castle. That black mist thing with the tendrils was a BOW engineered by HCF and released into Spencer's Castle when the agency tried to seize the Cradle of the Progenitor.

Also seems Spencer had a thing for grafting corpses together and reviving them with the G-Virus.

Leon would encounter a girl with a BOW dog and these two would help him throughout the game.

Last edited by Victarion; 10-11-2015 at 10:18 PM.
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 10:38 PM   #100
Havok83
Side-Kick

thats nothing new. You can see the RE touches in the first Devil May Cry. I hadnt picked it out initially but replaying that game with the new knowledge made it quite apparent