Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 11:15 AM   #976
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by MultipleJesuses View Post
Exactly. Bryan Singer did horrible things to boys, Weinstein did horrible things to women. Equally as bad. Preferences mean nothing.
I don't mean to indulge in pedantry, but I think that targeting children is much worse.

Old 10-16-2017, 01:53 PM   #977
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Carrie Fisher.

Quote:
Heather Ross is a screenwriter who was also a close friend of the late, great Carrie Fisher. The Blast reports that Ross called into 94.9 MixFM in Tucson and relayed a story to the hosts of The Morning Mix about how a Sony executive harassed her in 2000. At the time, Ross told Fisher about her harrowing experience, and Fisher decided to give the guy bothering her friend a little gift:
Quote:
“About two weeks later, she sent me a message online and she said, ‘I just saw (blank) at Sony Studios. I knew he would probably be there, so I went to his office and personally delivered a Tiffany box wrapped with a white bow.’” Ross explained. “I asked her what was inside and she said, ‘It was a cow tongue from Jerry’s Famous Deli with a note that said, If you ever touch my darling Heather or any other woman again, the next delivery will be (clears throat) something of yours in a much smaller box!’”

Old 10-16-2017, 02:22 PM   #978
MultipleJesuses
The Dancing Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
I don't mean to indulge in pedantry, but I think that targeting children is much worse.
****, yeah. Realised when I read it back. You're right. Bryan Singer is worse than Harvey Weinstein.

Old 10-16-2017, 05:04 PM   #979
The Guard
Side-Kick

Was the Bryan Singer thing ever proven?

-Me
Old 10-16-2017, 05:19 PM   #980
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly

Rose worked with Victor Salva and this was her take:

Everybody is dirty, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I think I've solved the mystery of how BN ended up in hell...
Old 10-16-2017, 07:18 PM   #981
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Was the Bryan Singer thing ever proven?
I thought the accuser said he made it all up. Though he might have been pressured to say so.

Old 10-16-2017, 07:35 PM   #982
Flint Marko
Side-Kick

He's had multiple accusers. So no, it hasn't been proven in a court of law but one can look at the smoke and reasonably assume that there's a fire somewhere.

Now characters such as the X-Men and the Fantastic Four can come home to the place where they belong. It’s vitally important to have the Marvel characters under one roof. And now, as great as they were before, I can’t wait to see the wonders that will unfold!
Old 10-17-2017, 08:58 AM   #983
lauzier

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Those hotel rooms are usually business suites - it's a room with an office. Not unusual for meetings to be held there.
agree with this, especially because so much travel is involved. Since Weinstein doesn't have offices in every city and he was commonly on location for a film shoot or at a film festival for a press junket, it was very natural for him to take meetings in a hotel room.

i've had plenty of meetings at people's houses and honestly never thought twice about it.

Old 10-17-2017, 11:39 AM   #984
terry78
I never freeze

I'd be iffy as hell taking a meeting at someone's house that I didn't really know. Probably naivete on my part since I ain't in the business, but yeah.

Old 10-17-2017, 11:48 AM   #985
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
When you have straight men in power doing bad s*** and gay men in power doing bad s***, I think it ceases to be a gay or straight thing, and more a men having power thing.
This is probably the real truth right here.

Old 10-17-2017, 11:59 AM   #986
terry78
I never freeze

You got some stones to actually attempt to harass Terry Crews in public though. These dudes really do think they're invulnerable.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:00 PM   #987
I Am The Knight
Infinity

A lot of those offenders are probably a little crazy.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by SkullDevil! / ?
Old 10-17-2017, 12:09 PM   #988
The Endless
WE are Groot

Theyre definitely sociopaths at least.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:15 PM   #989
BaelaTargaryen
Side-Kick

http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/17/lena-hea...vey-weinstein/

Quote:
Game of Thrones star Lena Headey is adding her voice to the 44 other women who have accused producer Harvey Weinstein of sexual misconduct.

Headey detailed an alleged encounter with the scandalized Weinstein on Tuesday — where, Headey claims, she barely escaped one of his now-infamous hotel room meetings.

Recalled Headey (with some minor editing for clarity): “The first time I met Harvey Weinstein was at The Venice Film Festival. The Brothers Grimm was showing there, (during shooting I was subjected to endless bullying by the director Terry Gilliam). At one point Harvey asked me to take a walk down to the water, I walked down with him and he stopped and made some suggestive comment, a gesture, I just laughed it off, I was genuinely shocked. I remember thinking, ‘It’s got to be a joke.’ I said something like, ‘Oh come on mate?! It’d be like kissing my dad! Let’s go get a drink, get back to the others.’ I was never in any other Miramax film.”

“The next time was in LA. Years later. I had always carried the thought that he’d never try anything with me again, not after I’d laughed and said, “never in a million years.” I believed that he respected my boundary and maybe he wanted to talk about potential work. He asked me to meet for breakfast. We ate breakfast, we talked about films, filmmaking. He asked me a few questions about the state of my love life. I shifted the conversation back to something less personal. Then he went to the loo. He came back and said, ‘Let’s go up to the room, I want to give you a script.’ We walked to the lift and the energy shifted. My whole body went into high alert. The lift was going up and I said to Harvey, ‘I’m not interested in anything other than work, please don’t think I got in here with your any other reason, nothing is going to happen.’ I don’t know what possessed me to speak out at that moment, only that I had such a strong sense of ‘don’t come near me.'”

“He was silent after I spoke, furious. We got out of the lift and walked to his room. His hand was on my back, he was marching me forward, not a word. I felt completely powerless, he tried his key card and it didn’t work. Then he got really angry. He walked me back to the lift, through the hotel to the valet, by grabbing and holding tightly to the back of my arm. He paid for my car and whispered in my ear, ‘Don’t tell anyone about this, not your manager, not your agent.’ I got into my car and I cried.”

Old 10-17-2017, 12:19 PM   #990
terry78
I never freeze

I'm not even surprised at this point. Now as an actress you'd be out of the loop if you weren't harassed by this dude.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:33 PM   #991
Matt Mortem
Big Monster

Kevin Smith is giving all his Harvey Weinstein connected film residuals to a Woman in Film charity organization going forward. He actually gave a moving speech on his Hollywood Babble-On podcast about the whole ordeal. I wonder if any others will follow suit.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:37 PM   #992
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
Kevin Smith is giving all his Harvey Weinstein connected film residuals to a Woman in Film charity organization going forward. He actually gave a moving speech on his Hollywood Babble-On podcast about the whole ordeal. I wonder if any others will follow suit.
Nice.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:45 PM   #993
Elektra1
Ski bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
I love that guy.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:49 PM   #994
Venom 1988
formerly Ultimate_Venom

Speaking of Kevin Smith, I seem to recall listening to one of his podcasts 5+ years ago (cant remember which, since he has a bunch but it was either Smodcast or Smornings) and he had a female screenwriter (I think) that he had been friends with on it. She recounted a story in the late 90s where she was in a hotel room with Kevin, Ben Affleck, Matt Damon and Harvey Weinstein. Don't remember the exact details but basically she said that Harvey had made a lewd comment towards her. Then when he ended up leaving the hotel room she broke down crying and Smith, Affleck and Damon tried consoling her. I'm surprised he hasn't brought this story back up.

Last edited by Venom 1988; 10-17-2017 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:10 PM   #995
I Am The Knight
Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaelaTargaryen View Post
Disgusting. This Weinstein guy is scum.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by SkullDevil! / ?
Old 10-17-2017, 01:16 PM   #996
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
When you have straight men in power doing bad s*** and gay men in power doing bad s***, I think it ceases to be a gay or straight thing, and more a men having power thing.
...or maybe just people in power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Downey Jr
I am a FORMER personal "friend" of a woman named Diana Jenkins. Doubt you know her, but she's the Rosetta Stone of every scandal and perversion from Hwood all over the globe. She's an Uber-wealthy divorcee whose hubby ran UK's Barclay's bank - and she ran the Arab investors for the bank! She's been running a high-class call girl/party-girl ring for Arabs, Wall Street, DC, Royals, and Hollywood elites. She's also a MAJOR philanthropist, arts supporter, political donor, and social hostess to EVERYONE. Her best Hwood pals include Sean Penn, Clive Davis[Whitney Houston's mentor], Ari Emanuel, George Clooney, Cindy Crawford, and her "little pet" named Hayden [Hayden "Leslie P" Panettiere]. Diana is the connector of wealthy Arabs and Asians and Athletes with Hwood actresses/models. She also is a sick and twisted b*tch. When Hayden and her own Mommy went on the outs, Diana Jenkins took that place in her life, by Hayden's choice.Leslie P. is not just a poor victim in this train wreck. Trust me. She's at LEAST 50% responsible (if not more) for encouraging, enabling, and at times even participating in her hubby's twisted ****ing life. Leslie's kinks cross the line into depravity, illegality, and inhuman sickness. As in Ryan ONeal, John Phillips, Tish Cyrus, and Dan Schnieder territory. (Far worse than Pimpa Joe Simpson!)She's not just had chances to stop it or walk away with the kids, but she elected to not protect her kids - and give in to the hedonistic sickness in her bedroom (all for her own greed). You think Dina Lohan is bad?It's easy to argue that Hayden is forever a victim which drives her own insane life choices - and I'm not a psychologist - but she has taken it further into becoming a willing perpetrator of it (and saying she loves it). Not just the physical and mental violence she enjoys, but her insatiable appetite for the most bizarre **** she can indulge in to "top" herself. She was offered help by some who genuinely cared for her and worried for her. She mocked them and tore off on her own streak. Now? She craves it and considers nothing taboo. NOTHING! Just ask Mario Lopez.

Read more at: http://www.nnettle.com/news/2565-rob...pedophile-ring
© Neon Nettle
http://www.nnettle.com/news/2565-rob...pedophile-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Lawrence
A female producer had me do a nude line-up with about five women who were much, much, thinner than me,” she said. “We are stood side-by-side with only tape on covering our privates. After that degrading and humiliating line-up, the female producer told me I should use the naked photos of myself as inspiration for my diet.”
http://www.vulture.com/2017/10/jenni...or-a-role.html

Old 10-17-2017, 01:18 PM   #997
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

Yeah, it's why the saying is "power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely" and not "male power corrupts". Then again, way more males are in power in Hollywood so it does come down to that in the end.

Aziz
Old 10-17-2017, 01:23 PM   #998
The Endless
WE are Groot

Well a lot the time rape isn't so much about sexuality, it's about having power over someone and dominating them.

I see a documentary about how rape and sexual violence is used against rival gangs by seemingly straight men. So a guy doesn't have to be gay to rape or sexually assault another man. I wonder how many well known male actors have been victim to these powerful "straight" execs like Weinstein.

Old 10-17-2017, 01:23 PM   #999
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread