The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Infinity War

Old 08-15-2017, 08:58 PM   #251
Three_Inches
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War Part I & II The Official News and Speculatio -

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveman789 View Post
I looking forward to seeing a Rocket with not as much Gunn this time around. I love Gunn and the Guardians movies, but 90% of the times I feel it's overly jokey/cringey, it's usually Rocket's lines. Maybe it's the screamy delivery? I'm not sure. The Russos and their writers did a good job toning down the jokiness that Joss gave a lot of the characters (love both of Joss' films, too).

This^

Guardians 1 was perfect. Guardians 2 was very lowest common denominator and hard to watch (as far as the humor went).

Three_Inches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:04 PM   #252
Nathan_Koren
Mandalorian/Force Adept

Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War Part I & II The Official News and Speculatio -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three_Inches View Post
This^

Guardians 1 was perfect. Guardians 2 was very lowest common denominator and hard to watch (as far as the humor went).
Same. I felt like they amped the humor a little too much but i still enjoyed it.

Nathan_Koren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:06 AM   #253
MbJ
Side-Kick

From Renner's instagram.

Quote:
renner4realQuick rest in my nest! #onset #infinitywar #avengersinfinitywar #marvel #stretchitout #hawkeye #tease #soDOPE #russobros
Some people are speculating he might don his Ultimate mask since he had it in concept art for Civil War last year.

Last edited by MbJ; Yesterday at 10:11 AM.
MbJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:45 AM   #254
Steelsheen
The Geekeratti of Nerdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post
From Renner's instagram.

is that the back of his head? is it just some weird lighting or is Hawkeye gonna have some kind of mohawk thing going on?

xxxMADNESS IS LIKE GRAVITY ALL IT TAKES IS A LITTLE PU
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxS
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxH
Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen

Last edited by Steelsheen; Yesterday at 12:22 PM.
Steelsheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM   #255
Iceman
Infinity War!

I'd be open to a costume overhaul for him.

Old Yesterday, 12:26 PM   #256
Kev4000
Side-Kick

Naa I dont like the mask. Renner cant act in these really. For IM/WM we hat the "in-view" and even spidy can act with his eyes.

Old Yesterday, 12:29 PM   #257
Iceman
Infinity War!

It could be just something he pull sup for action scenes. And it's not like he gets too many lines anyway

Old Yesterday, 12:56 PM   #258
IAmAsgardian
Side-Kick

If Sebastian could do it in WS with a mask and no lines, Renner sure can too.

IAmAsgardian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:22 PM   #259
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev4000 View Post
Naa I dont like the mask. Renner cant act in these really. For IM/WM we hat the "in-view" and even spidy can act with his eyes.
Hugo Weaving in V for Vendetta would disagree

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:02 PM   #260
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrinthesky View Post
I thought Rocket was perfect in the first Guardians. But the Vol 2 was just too much.
Yeah, Rocket in GOTG2 wasn't as endearing. I do wish we had Baby Groot for this movie though. It would be nice to have more than one small character. Now only Rocket will be the small one, with Groot being more normal sized.

I would rather they made Groot more like a cross between Hulk and Shazam now. He could retain his Baby Groot form like Billy Batson, but transform into a much bigger, more adult-sized Groot either at will or when angry. That way we would get to keep both versions of Groot.

Old Yesterday, 02:09 PM   #261
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Yeah, Rocket in GOTG2 wasn't as endearing. I do wish we had Baby Groot for this movie though. It would be nice to have more than one small character. Now only Rocket will be the small one, with Groot being more normal sized.

I would rather they made Groot more like a cross between Hulk and Shazam now. He could retain his Baby Groot form like Billy Batson, but transform into a much bigger, more adult-sized Groot either at will or when angry. That way we would get to keep both versions of Groot.
Yeah, that would be cool. Could have baby, teen and adult groot. Baby could go off on mission with Ant Man and Wasp.

Old Yesterday, 02:44 PM   #262
MbJ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmAsgardian View Post
Hmm? Bucky wearing a mask and not having any lines was because he was brainwashed and stripped of his humanity, hence him being way more talkative and not wearing a mask in Civil War and Infinity War. That's not really a good comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Hugo Weaving in V for Vendetta would disagree
Not the best comparison since the whole point behind V wearing a mask was that he was hideously disfigured, as well as being symbolic of the concept of anonymity.

MbJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:35 PM   #263
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Yeah, that would be cool. Could have baby, teen and adult groot. Baby could go off on mission with Ant Man and Wasp.
That would be nice.

I feel that if you're going to have a movie with everyone in it, you should put your most popular version of the character in the movie. I think Baby Groot has far exceeded adult Groot's popularity. Of course, there will always be fans of both. Having a Baby Groot who could change would be the best of both worlds.

Old Yesterday, 03:36 PM   #264
zephyrinthesky
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, Rocket in GOTG2 wasn't as endearing. I do wish we had Baby Groot for this movie though.

zephyrinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:31 AM   #265
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmAsgardian View Post
Stan was not a big name going into WS so covering his face was not an issue. I would still say he isn't a big name, I may not watch a lot of movies but I have only seen him in MCU movies. Renner however is a big name and though Hawkeye is minor you don't cover his face.

legendkillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:34 AM   #266
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Thanos would easily kill Baby Groot. They are going to need able bodies to fight him, the teen one will at least be able to intelligently attack and defend. We also get another teen outside of Parker.

legendkillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:15 AM   #267
IAmAsgardian
Side-Kick

It's not about the characters background or how famous the actor is, it's just a proof that someone can deliver a great performance with his face covered.
Especially someone as good as Renner.

IAmAsgardian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:28 AM   #268
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
That would be nice.

I feel that if you're going to have a movie with everyone in it, you should put your most popular version of the character in the movie. I think Baby Groot has far exceeded adult Groot's popularity. Of course, there will always be fans of both. Having a Baby Groot who could change would be the best of both worlds.
Doesn't look like we'll be getting it but I'd be very much in favour of it.

Old Today, 04:15 AM   #269
Bren
Forevernoob

Wasn't a fan of baby Groot. A teenage Groot might be fun though.

Old Today, 04:24 AM   #270
Iceman
Infinity War!

Maybe it's time for old man Groot.