The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Preacher

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2017, 05:15 PM   #76
Comics
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 288
Default Re: Preacher: Season Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morg View Post
so Trump part of the end of the world? oh joy
It was a subtle nod to current events, relax

Comics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 05:17 PM   #77
Comics
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 288
Default Re: Preacher: Season Two

How does Star's TV version compare to the comic version so far?

Comics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:28 AM   #78
hellblazer103
Nasty Piece of Work
 
hellblazer103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,878
Default Re: Preacher: Season Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comics View Post
How does Star's TV version compare to the comic version so far?
The performance is pretty spot-on. They change up the origin a bit and give him a full name, but Pip Torrens couldn't be more perfect.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
Comic fans will always defend the hot chick with the rack, unless said chick was divorcing someone like Michael Fassbender or Tom Hardy.
hellblazer103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 12:05 AM   #79
MurkeNyou
Side-Kick
 
MurkeNyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Dagobah
Posts: 751
Default Re: Preacher: Season Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comics View Post
It was a subtle nod to current events, relax

Yup. It's like a Kingsmen style alternate world.

MurkeNyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 05:12 AM   #80
DocHolliday
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 179
Default Re: Preacher: Season Two

One of the worst shows on tv and an overall poor adaptation. For this to work, they really needed to nail Jesse's character. Impossible to do that when you cast a charisma vacuum like Dominic Cooper in the role. The guy SUCKS. He's boring as hell and his accent is awful(imagine Andrew Lincoln but much worse). It also has that terrible problem that a lot of AMC shows suffer from where large portions of each episode seem to be filled with banal conversations that serve as filler to pad the run time. Cassidy's actor is okay but they screwed up ditching the sunglasses. Tulip is also decent. But the trio never works - never really feels like there's chemistry.


Last edited by DocHolliday; 08-04-2017 at 07:16 AM.
DocHolliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 05:16 AM   #81
DocHolliday
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 179
Default Re: Preacher: Season Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by javonstokess View Post
Jesse and Tulip are just...unlikeable. Not only that, they are kinda of losers. If this was an original show, i'd probably love it, but in comparison to the source material it pales.

I'm really trying to like the show, i really am LOL
They butchered Jesse's character which is definitely a problem. Casting a crappy actor like Cooper doesn't help.

DocHolliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 08:08 PM   #82
hellblazer103
Nasty Piece of Work
 
hellblazer103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,878
Default Re: Preacher: Season Two

I don't see what's so bad about Cooper ( the characterization slightly irks me sometimes, but the performance itself ain't bad at all ) but... K.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
Comic fans will always defend the hot chick with the rack, unless said chick was divorcing someone like Michael Fassbender or Tom Hardy.
hellblazer103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 12:12 PM   #83
Drizzle
Ah, Goldblum, ah, Smash.
 
Drizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,172
Default Re: Preacher: Season Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
One of the worst shows on tv and an overall poor adaptation. For this to work, they really needed to nail Jesse's character. Impossible to do that when you cast a charisma vacuum like Dominic Cooper in the role. The guy SUCKS. He's boring as hell and his accent is awful(imagine Andrew Lincoln but much worse). It also has that terrible problem that a lot of AMC shows suffer from where large portions of each episode seem to be filled with banal conversations that serve as filler to pad the run time. Cassidy's actor is okay but they screwed up ditching the sunglasses. Tulip is also decent. But the trio never works - never really feels like there's chemistry.
I'm starting to agree. The season started off fine for me but it's been losing me ever since. I was actually disappointed that there are 13 episodes this season as opposed to ten. Maybe that's a sign I need to throw in the towel.

Drizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:15 PM   #84
hellblazer103
Nasty Piece of Work
 
hellblazer103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,878
Default Re: Preacher: Season Two

Herr Starr is in the show now.


The Saint Of Killers is going to come back more furious than ever.

The Angelville story has been hinted at throughout the season.

And there's a possibility that ****ing Hitler is going to escape hell.


But yeah, sure, nothing is happening.... Whatever .

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
Comic fans will always defend the hot chick with the rack, unless said chick was divorcing someone like Michael Fassbender or Tom Hardy.

Last edited by hellblazer103; 08-09-2017 at 07:15 PM.
hellblazer103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:28 AM   #85
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!
 
Tony Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps
Posts: 10,879
Default Re: Preacher: Season Two

I never read the comics so I can't comment on the faithfulness to the source material, but I really liked the show last year, and the first few episodes from this year, but right now I feel the show has gone off the rails. Part of the problem is that the story lines are all over the place. I liked the Saint of Killers chasing them, but now they've gone on to this German dude with the nipple rings being the bad guy. It's just all over the place. They throw in snippets about the backstory to the three main characters, but never really go anywhere with it.

There just seems to be a real drop in the quality of the writing from the first season to this one.

__________________
"You have a metal arm? That's awesome dude!"
Tony Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:21 PM   #86
hellblazer103
Nasty Piece of Work
 
hellblazer103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,878
Default Re: Preacher: Season Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
I never read the comics so I can't comment on the faithfulness to the source material, but I really liked the show last year, and the first few episodes from this year, but right now I feel the show has gone off the rails. Part of the problem is that the story lines are all over the place. I liked the Saint of Killers chasing them, but now they've gone on to this German dude with the nipple rings being the bad guy. It's just all over the place. They throw in snippets about the backstory to the three main characters, but never really go anywhere with it.

There just seems to be a real drop in the quality of the writing from the first season to this one.
That's basically the main villain of the original story. He's kinda , ya know... Important. And he's fantastic. Hilarious villain.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
Comic fans will always defend the hot chick with the rack, unless said chick was divorcing someone like Michael Fassbender or Tom Hardy.
hellblazer103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:31 PM   #87
Morg
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Morg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Hades
Posts: 61,719
Default Re: Preacher: Season Two

Heh, someone didn't have a pop up blocker? cats

Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 06:28 AM   #88
NotNickFury
Side-Kick
 
NotNickFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: SHIELD offsite
Posts: 3,067
Default Re: Preacher: Season Two

Gotta say, Herr Starr is easily my favorite part of this season right now.

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:09 AM   #89
javonstokess
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,783
Default Re: Preacher: Season Two

I don't have a problem with Cooper as Jesse Custer, but the material he's given to work with leaves much to be desired.

I will say that Herr Starr is damn near pitch perfect though. They got that ish right.

javonstokess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:56 PM   #90
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 75,316
Default Re: Preacher: Season Two

Has this been renewed yet?

__________________
"It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real."
DarthSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:47 AM   #91
Slick
Yup
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,877
Default Re: Preacher: Season Two

Nope. I'm hoping it will be though.

__________________
Yup
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM   #92
hellblazer103
Nasty Piece of Work
 
hellblazer103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,878
Default Re: Preacher: Season Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by javonstokess View Post
I don't have a problem with Cooper as Jesse Custer, but the material he's given to work with leaves much to be desired.

I will say that Herr Starr is damn near pitch perfect though. They got that ish right.
I do kinda like the way they're building up the Angelville storyline. That is one thing that they CANNOT screw up.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
Comic fans will always defend the hot chick with the rack, unless said chick was divorcing someone like Michael Fassbender or Tom Hardy.
hellblazer103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:58 AM   #93
Black Narcissus
Hnnnnngh Road
 
Black Narcissus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 21,153
Default Re: Preacher: Season Two

Place the butter under your chin...Lawd. I like this bald bastah.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
my momma said my daddy's name was black narcissus
Black Narcissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.