The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead

Old 08-09-2017, 05:26 PM   #826
Man in the Suit
Greeting

Default Re: "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
Btw what would you guys say was the peak of the show? For me it had to be season 4, though I think season 3 was pretty damn great, minus most of the Woodbury scenes.
Seasons 4 and 5. Very focused with higher highs.

Man in the Suit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:37 PM   #827
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

The prison season was the weakest for me.

Stupidity is also a gift from God, but one musn't misuse it.
squeekness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 12:31 PM   #828
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

I've been noticing a decline in quality since the middle of Season 6. The show at the moment still hasn't recovered, imo. I think Season 7 has dethroned Season 3 as my least favorite season. At least Season 3 had some great episodes (3.1-3.4, 3.12 "Clear", 3.15 Merle's redemption episode) in a very stretched out season. Aside from 7.2 "The Well" (introduction of Ezekiel, Shiva, and The Kingdom) and 7.13 "Bury Me Here" (Morgan reverting back into clear mode) Season 7 didn't have any episodes that I would consider near great.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:50 PM   #829
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick

I can't believe this hasn't been posted here yet: https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/11/1...zon-prime-deal

Quote:
It’s been a busy week for streaming services, and Amazon is closing things out with a huge announcement: the company has closed an overall deal with The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman, along with signing a first-look agreement for his production company Skybound Entertainment. In one fell swoop, it makes Amazon Prime Video the exclusive home for any new shows from the minds behind The Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead, and Cinemax’s Outcast.

Skybound historically has a close relationship with AMC, the network behind both Walking Dead TV shows. Two years ago, Kirkman signed an overall deal with the network that made it the home for any upcoming projects. (Outcast, which was already underway at Cinemax, was exempted from the deal.) Despite declining ratings over the last year, The Walking Dead has continued to be one of the biggest hits in television, and the overall deal was a way for AMC to keep one of its most profitable hitmakers in-house.
Another article about it with more details: http://deadline.com/2017/08/robert-k...ad-1202146941/

The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts.
-- Bertrand Russell

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
-- Denis Diderot
carrrnuttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 03:56 AM   #830
Slick
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
100 episodes used to be 4 seasons on a network series.

Most cable shows today will never reach it (since many are 10-13 eps a season and most don't last beyond 5/6 at most).
Yeah I think the only other cable show that made it to 100 was Nip/Tuck so I guess that means TWD will of course take its place. Going well past it.

Old 08-13-2017, 04:34 AM   #831
Slick
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrrnuttt View Post
I can't believe this hasn't been posted here yet: https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/11/1...zon-prime-deal

Another article about it with more details: http://deadline.com/2017/08/robert-k...ad-1202146941/
This should be obvious but I'm assuming AMC has rights to use future storylines from the comics right?

Old 08-14-2017, 11:25 AM   #832
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
This should be obvious but I'm assuming AMC has rights to use future storylines from the comics right?
I would hope so.

If not, I'm an Amazon Prime subscriber, so it works out for me, either way.

The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts.
-- Bertrand Russell

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
-- Denis Diderot
Old 08-14-2017, 05:46 PM   #833
Zero_Effect
Side-Kick

Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, Glen Mazzara, and David Alpert follow Frank Darabont in suing over the blockbuster zombie series, and potential damages could reach $1 billion.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr...awsuit-1029197

Zero_Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 06:06 PM   #834
Man in the Suit
Greeting

Whoa.

Old 08-14-2017, 06:07 PM   #835
Kane52630
#BirdUp

#FrankWasRight

Old 08-14-2017, 06:11 PM   #836
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_Effect View Post
Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, Glen Mazzara, and David Alpert follow Frank Darabont in suing over the blockbuster zombie series, and potential damages could reach $1 billion.

I knew the AMC execs were cheap, but damn.

No wonder Kirkman decided to sign with Amazon instead.

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Denis Diderot
Old 08-14-2017, 06:16 PM   #837
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
#FrankWasRight
It gives you perspective on the motive behind AMC putting out Frank's emails that made him look bad.

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Denis Diderot
Old 08-14-2017, 06:23 PM   #838
Kane52630
#BirdUp

Yeah it was definitely a smear campaign.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:35 PM   #839
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_Effect View Post

Serves AMC right for being greedy cheapskates. I won't be surprised if Gimple comes at AMC with a lawsuit next or in the near future.

Last edited by Elevator Man; 08-14-2017 at 08:43 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:48 PM   #840
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

The Walking Dead: See more Glenn and Abraham in extended dream sequence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly
It was a fleeting moment of what could have been after the most gruesome deaths in Walking Dead history. After Glenn and Abraham had their brains bashed in by Negan in the season 7 premiere of The Walking Dead, we saw a brief peek into the future dream scene of an alternate reality in which the two (as well as Spencer) had survived and were enjoying a big Alexandrian feast.

It turns out there was more to that scene that we didn’t see… until now. EW has the exclusive first look at the extended dream sequence that will be included on The Walking Dead season 7 Blu-ray and DVD sets being released on Aug. 22, and it is even more heartbreaking.

See Glenn playing with the child he will never meet on a blanket while also admiring Eugene’s remote controlled car. Witness Abraham and a pregnant Sasha relaxing blissfully on a bench. Watch Maggie tickling her son and kissing Glenn one final time. Everyone looks so damn happy — even Carol, Michonne, and Aaron as they bring food, drink, and firewood to the table. Again… heartbreaking.

Grab some Kleenex and watch the scene for yourself above. And for more goodies like this, make sure to pick up your copy of The Walking Dead: The Complete Seventh Season — which includes a bevy of deleted scenes, featurettes, and commentary tracks — when it arrives Aug. 22 on Blu-ray (plus Digital HD) and DVD.
I'm glad this unnecessary dream sequence was cutdown. If only the rest of the footage that made the episode was cut as well. I always felt it was too sappy, contrived, and "on the nose". I get it. Glenn will never see or raise his unborn child. And Abe will never start a family with Sasha due to Negan taking both of their (Glenn & Abe's) lives. No need to beat the viewer in the head of what not only Glenn and Abe lost but Rick and co. lost as well. I didn't need a dream sequence to convey to me the obvious. Hopefully there won't be too many (if any) dream sequences for the remainder of this show.

Old Yesterday, 10:45 PM   #841
Man in the Suit
Greeting

Bear McCreary's Score Getting Vinyl Release

Quote:
Lakeshore Records, along with Sparks & Shadows, is releasing the Bear McCreary-penned score to The Walking Dead onto vinyl. This will be the first vinyl release for the straight score. The 2xLP, gatefold release includes 140-gram green wax, a poster, and insert featuring liner notes by the composer. The vinyl comes out on October 20th. It will be priced at $34.98.We’ll keep you updated with when pre-orders launch.

Side A:
01. Theme from The Walking Dead
02. Rick’s Despair
03. Glenn’s Wheels
04. Lord of the Vatos
05. Bag of Guns
06. Message to Morgan
07. Herd on the Highway
08. Sophia
Side B:
09. Coalescence
10. Eulogy
11. Carl
12. Farm Invasion
13. Beside the Dying Fire
Side C:
14. C-Section
15. The Governor
16. Bye, Baby Bunting
17. A Return to Compassion
18. The Badge
Side D:
19. Welcome to the Tombs
20. Reconciliation
21. Three Questions
22. Negan
23. The Day Will Come

Old Yesterday, 11:54 PM   #842
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Difficult to calculate without the track times, but based off the tracklist it doesn't look like it'll be a 2-CD set for the CD release. Probably a single disc. It seems to feature a couple of highlights from Seasons 1, 2, and 3. As well as features maybe one or two tracks from Season 4. And one track each from Season 6 and 7, but doesn't include any tracks from Season 5. Instead of condensing a certain amount of cues from nearly each prior season they should've released a volume for each season instead. It's better than nothing, I guess.