The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2017, 09:35 AM   #251
X Knight
Symbol of Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 38,493
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

I'm looking forward to Gamescom starting this Sunday.

hopefully we learn new info and get to see new games and footage on the X.

and I feel MS also needs to start teasing some AAA Xbox exclusives.

updating the list of X enhanced games would also be nice.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:46 AM   #252
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 89,591
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Oh it's this Sunday? Cool. Yes hope they show the X in action on a number of games.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 142,042 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:05 AM   #253
X Knight
Symbol of Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 38,493
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Oh it's this Sunday? Cool. Yes hope they show the X in action on a number of games.
yep. the Xbox showcase starts this Sunday.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/gamescom

edit: and this was pretty cool.

on that Xbox Gamescom page, they have a button to add the event to your Calendar. I clicked that and it added the event to my Windows 10 Calendar app on my computer. Nice!!

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:09 AM   #254
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 89,591
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Oh nice one!

Pretty good situation for you with the fan as you now essentially get a free try at the console to see if you like it.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 142,042 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:18 AM   #255
X Knight
Symbol of Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 38,493
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Oh nice one!

Pretty good situation for you with the fan as you now essentially get a free try at the console to see if you like it.
yep. lemonade from a lemon.

oh, and I did contact a MS rep last night about the fan issue, and he did suggest returning/exchanging the console. Beyond a normal fan noise, he said it shouldn't be making such a noticeable tick/rattle sound.

so that's another go ahead for me, but I've just got to be patient and wait till November or December. Maybe there will be some good BF/XMas deals on the X. Not expecting a price cut, but perhaps free games, Live, and/or controller with the console. Free stuff always sweetens the deal.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:27 AM   #256
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 89,591
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
yep. lemonade from a lemon.

oh, and I did contact a MS rep last night about the fan issue, and he did suggest returning/exchanging the console. Beyond a normal fan noise, he said it shouldn't be making such a noticeable tick/rattle sound.

so that's another go ahead for me, but I've just got to be patient and wait till November or December. Maybe there will be some good BF/XMas deals on the X. Not expecting a price cut, but perhaps free games, Live, and/or controller with the console. Free stuff always sweetens the deal.
Sounds good. All these issues are usually fair game to get a brand new console free so as long as the failure rate of the console isn't high it's not even necessarily a terrible thing (as long as they happen during the warranty period). So now you end up with a perfectly working X or you can get out altogether without losing money having given everything a fair go.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 142,042 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:32 AM   #257
X Knight
Symbol of Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 38,493
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Sounds good. All these issues are usually fair game to get a brand new console free so as long as the failure rate of the console isn't high it's not even necessarily a terrible thing (as long as they happen during the warranty period). So now you end up with a perfectly working X or you can get out altogether without losing money having given everything a fair go.
yeah. I'm giving Xbox one last chance with the X.

if I have trouble with that, then I'm definitely out and I'll just exchange it for a standalone 4K player ( which would be cheaper ).

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:37 AM   #258
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 89,591
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
yeah. I'm giving Xbox one last chance with the X.

if I have trouble with that, then I'm definitely out and I'll just exchange it for a standalone 4K player ( which would be cheaper ).
I've got a really good standalone 4k Player that I'm not using. Prefer to watch films and shows through the Xbox as I can keep tabs on messages and use internet and even be in party chat while others are gaming or chilling out themselves. I wouldn't have bought it if the consoles had announced they were going to integrate 4K players.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 142,042 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:47 AM   #259
X Knight
Symbol of Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 38,493
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I've got a really good standalone 4k Player that I'm not using. Prefer to watch films and shows through the Xbox as I can keep tabs on messages and use internet and even be in party chat while others are gaming or chilling out themselves. I wouldn't have bought it if the consoles had announced they were going to integrate 4K players.
yeah, I really like the multi media functionality of the Xbox. That and BC are big draws why I want to stick with the Xbox despite my past luck with it.

Only on the Xbox can I watch a 4K dvd, browse the net on a usable/readable browser, and play 360 games like Dragon Age Origins. all on one console.

speaking of multi media, I am disappointed that the Media Player app still can NOT play 4K video files. Even the VLC Player app can't play 4K video files.

The PS4 Media Player app can play 4K video files. However, the Xbox Media app can play more music files than the PS4 app can.....lol.

for the Xbox One X to be a true 4K media machine, it does need to address that with its media app. It needs to be able to play 4K video files.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:11 AM   #260
X Knight
Symbol of Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 38,493
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance coming to BC today!

https://twitter.com/majornelson/stat...%26page%3D1903

Nice!!

I've always wanted to try that game!

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:44 AM   #261
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 89,591
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
yeah, I really like the multi media functionality of the Xbox. That and BC are big draws why I want to stick with the Xbox despite my past luck with it.

Only on the Xbox can I watch a 4K dvd, browse the net on a usable/readable browser, and play 360 games like Dragon Age Origins. all on one console.

speaking of multi media, I am disappointed that the Media Player app still can NOT play 4K video files. Even the VLC Player app can't play 4K video files.

The PS4 Media Player app can play 4K video files. However, the Xbox Media app can play more music files than the PS4 app can.....lol.

for the Xbox One X to be a true 4K media machine, it does need to address that with its media app. It needs to be able to play 4K video files.
What kind of 4K files are these? Where do you get them from?

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 142,042 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:45 AM   #262
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 89,591
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance coming to BC today!

https://twitter.com/majornelson/stat...%26page%3D1903

Nice!!

I've always wanted to try that game!
Oh cool. I totally forgot about that game. Wanted to try it when it came out and then it just totally slipped my mind. I wonder how far Microsoft have got with their BC programme now.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 142,042 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:56 AM   #263
X Knight
Symbol of Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 38,493
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
What kind of 4K files are these? Where do you get them from?
I use Youtube download software and get them from Youtube or other video sites.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:58 AM   #264
X Knight
Symbol of Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 38,493
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Oh cool. I totally forgot about that game. Wanted to try it when it came out and then it just totally slipped my mind. I wonder how far Microsoft have got with their BC programme now.
here's a list of all BC games.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/b...vailable-games

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:59 AM   #265
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 89,591
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
I use Youtube download software and get them from Youtube or other video sites.
Ok right. Sounds like something I should try too. And then I'd want them to be playable on Xbox.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 142,042 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:00 PM   #266
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 89,591
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
Loads! Just wondering what their aims are in terms of how many games they want to cover and what percentage of all games or at least of big games that will be by the end. Hopefully hte Xbox after X has BC with everything.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 142,042 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:09 PM   #267
X Knight
Symbol of Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 38,493
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Loads! Just wondering what their aims are in terms of how many games they want to cover and what percentage of all games or at least of big games that will be by the end. Hopefully hte Xbox after X has BC with everything.
I'm hoping most if not all 360 games become BC.

there are still some games that I want that aren't on the list.

Like SF x Tekken, Soul Calibur V, DA 2, XMen Wolverine Origins, the Beenox Spider-Man games, etc.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:16 PM   #268
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 89,591
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
I'm hoping most if not all 360 games become BC.

there are still some games that I want that aren't on the list.

Like SF x Tekken, Soul Calibur V, DA 2, XMen Wolverine Origins, the Beenox Spider-Man games, etc.
I would hope all of those are mainstream enough that they'd want to have them done before they stop (if they plan to stop).

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 142,042 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:32 PM   #269
X Knight
Symbol of Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 38,493
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I would hope all of those are mainstream enough that they'd want to have them done before they stop (if they plan to stop).
yeah. hope so.

the one "flaw" in the system, though, is that you still can't purchase anything 360 related ( games and dlc ) through the X1 or online store if you don't have a credit card on file. You still can't use your MS $ ( which is now real actual money, not points anymore ).

and that's just stupid and backwards.

there are several 360 BC games that are only available digitally. I'd like to be able to buy them, but I refuse to put my cc info on file ( for privacy and safety reasons ).

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:33 PM   #270
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 89,591
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

You can buy gift cards for yourself and credit those to your account.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 142,042 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:42 PM   #271
X Knight
Symbol of Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 38,493
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
You can buy gift cards for yourself and credit those to your account.
that's what I do. I buy those Xbox MS $ cards ( like $10, $15, etc. ) at the local stores and credit those to my account. That's what I use to buy stuff online on both Xbox and PS ( using the PSN $ cards ).

but you can't use that $ to buy anything 360 related through the X1 or online store.

it will say you have no valid payment type on file and ask you to add a credit card to file.

which is stupid.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:44 PM   #272
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 89,591
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Oh that's really weird. Might be worth asking Support about that in case it's some kind of glitch or oversight. I'm sure the system is designed to work without CCs, especially for child accounts.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 142,042 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:57 PM   #273
X Knight
Symbol of Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 38,493
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Oh that's really weird. Might be worth asking Support about that in case it's some kind of glitch or oversight. I'm sure the system is designed to work without CCs, especially for child accounts.
nah. don't think it's a glitch. if you google it, you'll see it's a common problem and it's just part of how the system is setup apparently.

looks like you can only use those gift card $ to buy 360 stuff through an actual 360 console.

Xbox users have been asking MS to fix the issue for some time now, but it doesn't seem to be a priority. or else the system is much harder to fix.

fortunately, most of the 360 BC games that I want are available as physical discs, and I prefer discs over digital anyways.

but there are still a few like Radiant Silvergun that are only available digitally.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:00 PM   #274
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 89,591
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Oh right, you need an original 360. Makes more sense now. I'm pretty much converted to digital now just due to space.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 142,042 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM   #275
X Knight
Symbol of Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 38,493
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

well, this sucks!! Crackdown 3 delayed until Spring 2018!!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/...5efa4d3d000018

With an already sparse exclusives lineup for the remainder of the year, this is a blow. especially as it was also supposed to be an X "launch" title.

was really looking forward to playing this this fall on the X.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.