The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 09:26 AM   #976
famicommander
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Has A Fever, And The Prescription Is More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani-Man View Post
Im getting more and more annoyed at the wwe recently and find it harder to watch it.
I dont want to give it up because i have this weird mindest that the money i pay goes to the guys and girls that really deserve it...but i find this reasoning harder to maintain.
What makes these people at WWE more deserving of your money than the people at ROH, NJPW, Lucha Underground, Impact, AAA, CMLL, AJPW, NOAH, DDT, BJW, PWG, Evolve, RevPro, ICW, Progress, or any other promotions?

In the time it takes to watch Raw, Smackdown, and NXT in a given week you could watch ROH, NJPW on AXS, Impact, Lucha Underground, and still have an hour left over.

Old 10-12-2017, 09:57 AM   #977
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Has A Fever, And The Prescription Is More Cowbell!

Montez Ford seemed to have got into Enzo and Mojo's supply stash.

Hideo Itami and Lio Rush should join 205 Live.

Gargano looks more lean and cut every time he appears on TV. It's like Ciampa took the carbs supply when left Gargano.

Old 10-12-2017, 10:01 AM   #978
Mani-Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by famicommander View Post
What makes these people at WWE more deserving of your money than the people at ROH, NJPW, Lucha Underground, Impact, AAA, CMLL, AJPW, NOAH, DDT, BJW, PWG, Evolve, RevPro, ICW, Progress, or any other promotions?

In the time it takes to watch Raw, Smackdown, and NXT in a given week you could watch ROH, NJPW on AXS, Impact, Lucha Underground, and still have an hour left over.
Who says i dont do that?
Im just speaking about the wwe here.
The Rest of the wrestling world gets my money gladly...its just that the wwe leaves me in a bit of a conflict.

I didnt regret for one minute my NJPW World subscribtion or the other money i throw out for Wrestling dvds, shirts etc...im not even complaining about the added custom fees to get it to Germany.

Old 10-12-2017, 10:59 AM   #979
famicommander
Side-Kick

Dave Meltzer on the future of Lucha Underground:
Quote:
The owners are trying now to make a television deal away from El Rey. Essentially they are shopping the show around hoping that another station will pick it up and pay enough to produce the show at nearly the previous levels. The people who put the money in for the last two seasons are not putting anymore in because the show drove almost no revenue. As noted, El Rey will pay something for programming, but not nearly enough to produce the show at close to the level it as been done at. El Rey and Robert Rodriguez would maintain having an ownership stake if it moves to a new station. The obvious issue is what television station would want a show with a budget of $400,000 per episode that draws 100,000 to 175,000 viewers weekly over two airings, and more importantly, where viewership generally has been down this season and not up, and overall buzz is way down. According to one person close to most of the parties involved, there is a major divide among the management team. On one side, they want to shut the project down, arguing that the costs are too high and after three seasons they’ve never made any money. The feeling on that side is that you know where you stand, the audience isn’t growing, and anything more would be throwing good money after bad. Two key executives are of that belief. On the other side is Eric Van Wagenen, Dorian Roldan and Vampiro, who all believe in the project and feel it just needs time and better exposure to watch on. Alex Garcia and Antonio Cue-Navarro, who put up the money for the last two seasons, have refused to put more money into the project. Right now it appears that unless they can find new funding, or get a new TV station to pay the costs, the choice is to stay on El Rey for a heavily stripped down version or to close it down.
I hope they can figure somthing out. $400,000 per episode is pretty insane though. That works out to about $16'000'000 for this season alone. They'd need NJPW level revenue to break even on that.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:12 PM   #980
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

I heard that Blade Runner 2049 is Batista's worst role since he broke out in Hollywood. If that is true, it's about time. Every actor has that one terrible role.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:22 PM   #981
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Also, the WWE is only hyping up Paige's recovery because she has a movie coming out, and that movie is produced by the Rock, who's ass the WWE always kisses and for good reason.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:29 PM   #982
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

I'm way out of the loop recently, but can anyone tell me what the format of the Wargames NXT is doing will be? I have seen that it's three teams of three, and that concerns me (mostly because I was there for the crap show that was Fall Brawl '98 with the same three team dynamic).

Old 10-12-2017, 12:32 PM   #983
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Darko View Post
I'm way out of the loop recently, but can anyone tell me what the format of the Wargames NXT is doing will be? I have seen that it's three teams of three, and that concerns me (mostly because I was there for the crap show that was Fall Brawl '98 with the same three team dynamic).
War Games in 1998 was all to stroke Hogan's massive ego by demanding his team always wins because he has a raging boner for himself.

Last edited by Dr. Evil; 10-12-2017 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:38 PM   #984
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

This is a bit creepy:

https://twitter.com/itsBayleyWWE/sta...00807307169793

Old 10-12-2017, 12:43 PM   #985
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Dave Meltzer on the future of Lucha Underground:

I hope they can figure somthing out. $400,000 per episode is pretty insane though. That works out to about $16'000'000 for this season alone. They'd need NJPW level revenue to break even on that.
Doesn't Mark Burnett also produce the show? If so, they may not have any trouble finding a new channel as Burnett has connections to multiple networks.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:06 PM   #986
famicommander
Side-Kick

One day after sending the Young Bucks a cease and desist, WWE called and asked them to do motion capture for WWE 2K19. Apparently they are by far the most created wrestlers in the game's creste s charscter mode, and they wanted the Bucks to do capture for all their signature moves.

You can't make this up.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:08 PM   #987
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Sean Ross Sapp, the executive editor of Fightful says that despite the mediocre ratings and mediocre attendance, the WWE is still making a lot of money. I don't know how, but I'll take his word for it.

Last edited by Dr. Evil; 10-12-2017 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:35 PM   #988
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

the Red Band trailer for Cena's new movie "Blockers" (formerly "The Pact) is out now.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Cena gets "something" stuck up his butt. He also dresses like a total dork in the trailer.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:48 PM   #989
famicommander
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Sean Ross Sapp, the executive editor of Fightful says that despite the mediocre ratings and mediocre attendance, the WWE is still making a lot of money. I don't know how, but I'll take his word for it.
They made 6 million dollars on 400 million in revenue last time they announced results. That's insanely bad.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:48 PM   #990
Murdock103
Side-Kick

Quote:
War Games in 1998 was all to stroke Hogan's massive ego by demanding his team always wins because he has a raging boner for himself.
DDP won war games in 1998.
Do you mean 1997?

Old 10-12-2017, 01:49 PM   #991
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdock103 View Post
DDP won war games in 1998.
Do you mean 1997?
Does it matter? All WCW was in the 1990's was Hulk Hogan having a raging boner for himself much like WWF was in the 1980's.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:50 PM   #992
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
They made 6 million dollars on 400 million in revenue last time they announced results. That's insanely bad.
He's not some trash journalist.

Last edited by Dr. Evil; 10-12-2017 at 01:53 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:55 PM   #993
Murdock103
Side-Kick

Quote:
Does it matter? All WCW was in the 1990's was Hulk Hogan having a raging boner for himself much like WWF was in the 1980's.
No it doesn’t matter. My brain just wouldn’t let me not comment.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:57 PM   #994
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Well, we do know that if the WWE dies out in the next few years, John Cena will most likely never wrestle ever again. He can continue to make movies well into his 70's.

Old 10-12-2017, 02:12 PM   #995
famicommander
Side-Kick

Quote:
He's not some trash journalist.
Those numbers were reported by WWE themselves. They may be doing better now becsuse their stock price is up but those are official figures.

Old 10-12-2017, 03:06 PM   #996
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Those numbers were reported by WWE themselves. They may be doing better now becsuse their stock price is up but those are official figures.
Okay.

Before you say that TV ratings are down for WWE, things are also down for TV ratings for all shows, except Game of Thrones, which is up despite the leaks because people are obsessed with Game of Thrones.

Also, the WWE is no different than any other company in regards to preferential treatment and double standards.

Last edited by Dr. Evil; 10-12-2017 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:19 PM   #997
famicommander
Side-Kick

Quote:
Okay.

Before you say that TV ratings are down for WWE, things are also down for TV ratings for all shows, except Game of Thrones, which is up despite the leaks because people are obsessed with Game of Thrones.

Also, the WWE is no different than any other company in regards to preferential treatment and double standards.
WWE's ratings are falling faster than most other shows by a significant margin. People are actively tuning out, this isn't just the normal decline that all of live television is experiencing.

Old 10-12-2017, 03:22 PM   #998
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

About the Jimmy Jacobs thing:

- It shows the WWE's double standard and preferential treatment because I guarantee if John Cena posted a photo of him with the Bullet Club or the Rock did the same (I doubt the Rock even knows who the Bullet Club is), the WWE would not do anything.

Old 10-12-2017, 03:24 PM   #999
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
WWE's ratings are falling faster than most other shows by a significant margin. People are actively tuning out, this isn't just the normal decline that all of live television is experiencing.
And yet somehow, it will join Supernatural, Grey's Anatomy and the Big Bang Theory as shows that will outlive us all.

Old 10-12-2017, 03:36 PM   #1000
famicommander
Side-Kick

WWE's death will be like that of Sears: it will take 20+ years and every time you're reminded they still exist, it will be a surprise.

Closed Thread