The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Infinity War

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 11:10 AM   #201
MbJ
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War Part I & II The Official News and Speculatio -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
That promo art and merch was from when Perlmutter was still in charge. It's interesting to note (correct me if I'm wrong) that Olsen herself admitted she was not sure if she would be in Infinity War around the period just before Feige ousted Perlmutter. It's notable that art of Scarlet Witch appeared after Feige removed Perlmutter and the creative committee (both of which I believe were firmly opposed to Wanda being in the MCU at all).
That doesn't really hold up though, since as was pointed out, Scarlet Witch merchandise was produced as far back as 2015. And given the amount of time it takes to actually produce an action figure, the stuff for Civil War was likely signed off on when Perlmutter was still in charge as well.

Old 10-12-2017, 11:19 AM   #202
Capsfan
Banned User

Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War Part I & II The Official News and Speculatio -

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet-witch View Post
This is what I was referring to as well. I know Sharon was originally supposed to have a bigger part but they completely removed Wanda from all of the Civil War "Team Cap" merch and you can't tell me Sharon is a bigger sell than Wanda. It has to be a licensing thing.
This whole situation was really confusing. Because no, they didn't actually completely remove Wanda from all the CW merch. In this Lego set you can see both SW and Agent13 present.

At first I thought, maybe there were problems with Olsen's contract and they weren't sure she would appear in the movie, but judging by early storyboards and concept art, that is not the case either. And she is part of the reason for the Accords happening. I remember back in 2015 some guy claimed he worked for merch department and that Spidey and SW were absent due to the problems with their rights. But it was only one guy. Idk.

Last edited by Capsfan; 10-12-2017 at 11:29 AM.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:52 AM   #203
Iceman
Infinity War!

Anyway, hope she appears all over the place going forward.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:04 PM   #204
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet-witch View Post
This is what I was referring to as well. I know Sharon was originally supposed to have a bigger part but they completely removed Wanda from all of the Civil War "Team Cap" merch and you can't tell me Sharon is a bigger sell than Wanda. It has to be a licensing thing.
what happened to her role? On another thread someone mentioned how BW hijacked the role/storyline that Sharon originally had for Winter Soldier.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:04 PM   #205
MbJ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsfan View Post
This whole situation was really confusing. Because no, they didn't actually completely remove Wanda from all the CW merch. In this Lego set you can see both SW and Agent13 present.

At first I thought, maybe there were problems with Olsen's contract and they weren't sure she would appear in the movie, but judging by early storyboards and concept art, that is not the case either. And she is part of the reason for the Accords happening. I remember back in 2015 some guy claimed he worked for merch department and that Spidey and SW were absent due to the problems with their rights. But it was only one guy. Idk.
As I posted previously, that's not even the only instance of her being in merchandise for the film.

There were definitely rights issues with Spider-Man. His figures were not allowed to be released unless they were part of a boxed set with other characters, something that was backed up by someone at Funko (during a livestream an employee mentioned they were not allowed to do solo releases of Spider-Man merchandise for the movie). He was also, notably, the only costumed character from the film who did not get a Hot Toys figure, despite his popularity in Asia.

Whatever it is, that specific issue did not seem to apply to Scarlet Witch. Whatever licensing issues affected Spider-Man were obviously the result of two different studios collaborating on a film, whereas as far as I know, Fox has literally nothing to do with any of the MCU films.

Last edited by MbJ; 10-12-2017 at 12:18 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:27 PM   #206
Capsfan
Banned User

Yes, and still SW was absent on all the CW early promo art. They've even gone to the point of cutting her out of some concept art, which was used on some merch:

All of this is really weird.

Last edited by Capsfan; 10-12-2017 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:33 PM   #207
Iceman
Infinity War!

Weird yeah, but also I don't remember seeing that concept art in the CW buildup. Very nice

Old 10-12-2017, 03:43 PM   #208
MbJ
Side-Kick

Hemsworth teases Thor's new weapon.

Quote:
“There is something pretty exciting coming. I think the fans will know and love and be excited for it.”

Old 10-12-2017, 03:48 PM   #209
scarlet-witch
Stormborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsfan View Post
I felt like Lego was the only thing that consistently had her. That and the official movie posters. When I went to the Disney Store after I saw Civil War, nothing had Wanda on it. They had posters, sweat shirts, water bottles, etc all with Sharon on them instead. It's too deliberate not to be a licensing thing, IMO. No offense to Sharon fans but Wanda from a merch standpoint would be a bigger seller.

I just hope she's on more stuff for IW, because it's going to be annoying if she's the only woman not featured since Marvel has all the rights to the other ladies.

No, you move.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:50 PM   #210
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post
Sounds good. I already love seeing him wield those swords and the mace.

Old 10-12-2017, 03:50 PM   #211
IAmAsgardian
Point Break

"That's not a Jarnbjorn. Now that's a Jarnbjorn."

Old 10-12-2017, 04:43 PM   #212
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

So the trailer will drop with Star Wars?

Old 10-12-2017, 04:47 PM   #213
liveman789
Side-Punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfBoose View Post
So the trailer will drop with Star Wars?
We don't know. It could still be attached to Thor for all we know. But Star Wars would be the latest bet.

Old 10-12-2017, 04:48 PM   #214
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Quote:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Sounds like it could either be that ax, or maybe something like Ultimate Mjolnir.

Old 10-12-2017, 04:51 PM   #215
liveman789
Side-Punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
Sounds like it could either be that ax, or maybe something like Ultimate Mjolnir.
Seems like Thor really has gotten a full makeover. With a new weapon, and new haircut, AND (Ragnarok spoilers)

an eye patch.

Old 10-12-2017, 05:12 PM   #216
MbJ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
He's shown using something that looks like an ax in the early Infinity War concept art.

Old 10-12-2017, 05:49 PM   #217
MbJ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Speaking to Screen Rant, Feige was quizzed on the spoiler-ish nature of the title, and was asked whether we’d have to wait until Infinity War for it to finally be unveiled.

“Yeah, I think some of that has been blown out of proportion,” he said. “We do want the focus to be on Infinity War for now.” While this isn’t exactly a denial that the fourth film’s title could be a spoiler for Infinity War, it does seem as though Marvel may simply be holding back in order to keep fans focused squarely on the next Avengers sequel rather than one still several movies away.
http://www.cbr.com/kevin-feige-aveng...title-spoiler/

Old 10-12-2017, 07:13 PM   #218
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
He's shown using something that looks like an ax in the early Infinity War concept art.

Nice.

Old 10-12-2017, 07:36 PM   #219
Gamma Ra
Jedi Master Samad Ka'bod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panacea View Post
It's simply the way that distribution rights work. Ruffalo also said:

As far as a Hulk movie, a standalone Hulk movie, Marvel doesn’t really have the rights to that yet. That’s still Universal’s property, so there’s that issue. [.]

Which we know for a fact is not true.
He's saying Universal owns the rights to a "standalone" Hulk movie, which is the case and property they own[.] aka the distribution rights.

Old 10-13-2017, 01:30 AM   #220
Panacea
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Ra View Post
He's saying Universal owns the rights to a "standalone" Hulk movie, which is the case and property they own[.] aka the distribution rights.
It's not also known as that though. Nobody says they own a property just because they have distribution rights. It's like saying that Paramount owned the Iron Man property. He's just plain wrong, and as is often the case with actors, probably just doesn't really know what he's talking about. Disney probably go out of their way to not hammer home the fact that they can technically make a Hulk movie any time they want.

Old 10-13-2017, 01:53 PM   #221
LoganPool
Husband. Father. Servant.

I won't post the link, but to anyone interested in googling it, there's a leaked screenshot of what I presume is the soon to be released trailer. It shows a very battle-worn Cap in what looks like Wakanda. Scraggly hair and beard present.

Put it in spoilers in case people were unaware of this.

EDIT: and by "soon to be released", I mean "before the end of the year."

1. Logan... 9.75
  2. Thor: Ragnarok... 9.5
  3. War for the Planet of the Apes... 9
  4. John Wick 2... 8.5
  5. Spider-Man: Homecoming... 8

Last edited by LoganPool; 10-13-2017 at 02:00 PM.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:01 PM   #222
MbJ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganPool View Post
I won't post the link, but to anyone interested in googling it, there's a leaked screenshot of what I presume is the soon to be released trailer.
Given the grainy picture quality and the fact that it's from a scene that was already in the leaked SDCC trailer, I'm pretty sure that was just a screengrab from that which someone enlarged.

Old 10-13-2017, 02:15 PM   #223
liveman789
Side-Punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganPool View Post
I won't post the link, but to anyone interested in googling it, there's a leaked screenshot of what I presume is the soon to be released trailer. It shows a very battle-worn Cap in what looks like Wakanda. Scraggly hair and beard present.

Put it in spoilers in case people were unaware of this.

EDIT: and by "soon to be released", I mean "before the end of the year."
What do you google exactly?

Old 10-13-2017, 02:15 PM   #224
Iceman
Infinity War!

I didn't find anything that looked new.

Old 10-13-2017, 02:20 PM   #225
LoganPool
Husband. Father. Servant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I didn't find anything that looked new.
I'm hearing now that it's from the leaked SDCC trailer. But I don't remember seeing that scene in the leaked trailer.

1. Logan... 9.75
  2. Thor: Ragnarok... 9.5
  3. War for the Planet of the Apes... 9
  4. John Wick 2... 8.5
  5. Spider-Man: Homecoming... 8
Closed Thread