The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Gifted

Old 10-07-2017, 05:09 AM   #426
Weather Witch
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Gifted General Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finisterre View Post
Why (apart from the promotional value ) does he say "Nothing is important to me than my family" while sitting in front of his closest relatives?
Now that you say it like that, yes that is a little weird.

Old 10-08-2017, 08:34 AM   #427
PSINGRAPHD
SuperHeroinE Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finisterre View Post
Yes, the word "estranged" was used somewhere to describe the relationship. Thx, Psingraphd. The rift would have explained some of the reservedness in Caitlin-Reed scenes.

Reed is quite enigmatic. In one of The Gifted aftershow podcasts I heard a comment that really made me think. Why (apart from the promotional value ) does he say "Nothing is important to me than my family" while sitting in front of his closest relatives? Isn't it bizarre? I hope the family dynamic will be explored more thoroughly in the episodes to come.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weather Witch View Post
Now that you say it like that, yes that is a little weird.
You're most welcome, Finisterre. And his momma, Granmama Strucker:

... will be making an appearance this week, I believe. Perhaps that's an indication, of what he meant, by my family. ... ?

THE
GiFTED*NewMUTANTS*X-Men:D.P
X-Men:Blue*PhoeniX RESURRECTION
PSINGRAPHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:58 AM   #428
Finisterre

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSINGRAPHD View Post
You're most welcome, Finisterre. And his momma, Granmama Strucker:

... will be making an appearance this week, I believe. Perhaps that's an indication, of what he meant, by my family. ... ?

That is one hot grandma, I must say.

I do wonder about Reed. Maybe the promotional campaign (my family, blah blah blah, my family, blah blah blah) was supposed to fool us into believing Reed is da man. Or he is sort of a double agent: he will pretend to be a Sentinels ally but has his own game. Drama-wise, it was probably a good idea to separate him and the wife - they will be forced to rely on their own survival skills and able to show their true colours.

Finisterre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:58 PM   #429
Ryan1210
Side-Kick

Well there you go.

Quote:
Asked how he came to decide what character would be involved in the series, Loeb responded, “Legal does.” He credited Donner and the show’s creator Matt Nix for the series’ existence. “A lot of the credit goes to Lauren… One of the things that’s very exciting is that Matt and the team not only found characters that we could together go through the corporate snake tunnel… I think, just being able to have a show that has Thunderbird and Polaris and Blink and the Struckers and things that are to come is really excited for comics fans and X-Men fans.” According to Loeb, characters like Eclipse — a new character — shows the creators’ passion for the property. “Without their commitment, you would not have a show.”

Ryan1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 04:32 PM   #430
Weather Witch
Side-Kick

So the cast made two comments about the rest of the season.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
They said episode 6/7 will really change the direction everyone thinks the story is going. They also said two new characters will be introduced mid-season which will turn everything around and be the villains of the season. Plus, they pointed out that people would be excited about those two characters. So, what options do we have as far as two B- or C-list Marvel villains working together? Aside from Fenris that is.

Old 10-09-2017, 06:32 PM   #431
x-er
Side-Kick

I'm surprised we haven't seen any M tattoos yet. Bishop would be from around these times, right? Or i she further in the future?

x-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:27 AM   #432
x-er
Side-Kick

Also, if they cast Stephen Moyer, i wonder if they are planning to bring back Anna Paquin's Rogue at some point?

x-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:17 AM   #433
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Nope.

My Marvel Studuos' comic book (adaptation) films ranking: Soon!
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 12:33 PM   #434
jmc247
Side-Kick

Preview of Ep 3 with Lorna brought to you by Blink.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheGifted...773568/video/1

jmc247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 11:50 AM   #435
Nintendo
Man Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-er View Post
Also, if they cast Stephen Moyer, i wonder if they are planning to bring back Anna Paquin's Rogue at some point?
I would die! Anna was so great as Rogue, they just never gave her much to do besides look depressed. I noticed they put Days of Future Past: The Rogue Cut out on DVD now (It was only BluRay), and I see that more in stores than I do the theatrical cut. This character definitely deserves redemption, and so does Cyclops for that matter. I have a hard time seeing them put ANY main cast from the movies in this show, but I have my fingers crossed for a season 2 cameo!

Nintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 12:15 PM   #436
psylockolussus
Fierce User

A Rogue / Anna Paquin guest role would be great and could definitely bring more attention to this show. Anyway, with most Ot cast members now doing tv, this seems like a good opportunity to ask them.

Old 10-15-2017, 01:18 PM   #437
Iceman
Infinity War!

What are most of them up to know? I've seen Famke in Blacklist.

Old 10-15-2017, 01:33 PM   #438
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Blacklist Redemption was canceled. Anna's pilot on ABC wasn't picked up. Shawn's ABC show was canceled. Marsden is in Westworld. While Halle was the star of Extant. I don't think Kelsey had a TV show in a few years. Anyway if Fox is smart, they would want to invite at least one of them. If Charlize Theron can appear in a new Fox sci fi show, so can the ot cast reprising their film roles. I also think Warpath is a must have for this.

Old 10-16-2017, 02:37 PM   #439
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

I like this show so far however if they want to keep the momentum going the writers should definitely consider bringing in an X-Man or two. I don’t want this show struggling to find an audience like Agents of Shield it’s first season, people were expecting The Avengers to show up only to be let down. If this show is set post X3 and pre DOFP then a few popular Mutants should appear, Bishop, Iceman, kitty, Rogue heck they should surprise all of us by recasting Wolverine specifically for TV if they have no plans on putting his character into the films anytime soon. However if getting the movie stars is to expensive then they should look for actors with an impressive tv resume to play these characters and that way you’ll keep the films and this show separated. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that we’ll see Polaris and Magneto on screen one day..

Phoenix_Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 02:42 PM   #440
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Flare View Post
I like this show so far however if they want to keep the momentum going the writers should definitely consider bringing in an X-Man or two. I don’t want this show struggling to find an audience like Agents of Shield it’s first season, people were expecting The Avengers to show up only to be let down. If this show is set post X3 and pre DOFP then a few popular Mutants should appear, Bishop, Iceman, kitty, Rogue heck they should surprise all of us by recasting Wolverine specifically for TV if they have no plans on putting his character into the films anytime soon. However if getting the movie stars is to expensive then they should look for actors with an impressive tv resume to play these characters and that way you’ll keep the films and this show separated. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that we’ll see Polaris and Magneto on screen one day..
this show is clearly in seperate timeline entirely from the films.the end of episode 2 proves it.mutants in x-men film timelines weren't publicly know in 1963 so that confirms.now same with legion and xavier it doesn't mean x-men can't at some point appear and possibly using actors from the OT who are unlikely to return in films.

Old 10-16-2017, 02:44 PM   #441
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Blacklist Redemption was canceled. Anna's pilot on ABC wasn't picked up. Shawn's ABC show was canceled. Marsden is in Westworld. While Halle was the star of Extant. I don't think Kelsey had a TV show in a few years. Anyway if Fox is smart, they would want to invite at least one of them. If Charlize Theron can appear in a new Fox sci fi show, so can the ot cast reprising their film roles. I also think Warpath is a must have for this.
Crazy how they are all involved in TV although a shame that some of their stuff is getting cancelled. Would be nice to see one or 2 of them make an appearance in this show.

Old 10-16-2017, 02:57 PM   #442
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Crazy how they are all involved in TV although a shame that some of their stuff is getting cancelled. Would be nice to see one or 2 of them make an appearance in this show.
There is very good chance at some point indivual members of original cast could show up as the gifted versions of x-men if they include them.

Old 10-16-2017, 03:02 PM   #443
Smilodon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
There is very good chance at some point indivual members of original cast could show up as the gifted versions of x-men if they include them.
Lmao where is this good chance even coming from.

Smilodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 04:24 PM   #444
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

They have said they don't plan on using any characters they are planning on using in the movies.

The thing about this show is that its not meant to be X-Men so beyond a possible odd rare appearance there is no point using X-Men and i assume thats why the X-Men are out of the picture in this show.

The tv show has picked its characters and probably has a list of other not used before mutants can they use and they will just go with that.

J.J. Abrams “We are standing on the shoulders of Episodes I through VI.”

(Manage Your Expectations.)

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 10-16-2017 at 04:27 PM.
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:17 PM   #445
Iceman
Infinity War!

At least that means they will really be able to delve into the list of X-characters that are usually given less exposure. Guys who we might never see otherwise.

Old 10-16-2017, 05:20 PM   #446
Pennywise
Side-Kick

I wish we could see the X-Men or Brotherhood on the show, but that doesn't seem likely considering the events of the show.

Pennywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:39 PM   #447
eon001
Side-Kick

Quote:
At least that means they will really be able to delve into the list of X-characters that are usually given less exposure. Guys who we might never see otherwise.
Exactly. I don't want to see low budget Nightcrawler or Beast. Also I'd rather the show takes risks with lesser known characters instead of using well known characters and potentially ****ing them up.

I love learning about new characters. If I want to see Cyclops or Jean Grey I'll watch the Singer films. And so far, the Gifted cast are doing a great job.

This show has really surprised the ***k out of me. Never thought I'd enjoy it this much. So far so good.

eon001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:55 PM   #448
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eon001 View Post
Exactly. I don't want to see low budget Nightcrawler or Beast. Also I'd rather the show takes risks with lesser known characters instead of using well known characters and potentially ****ing them up.

I love learning about new characters. If I want to see Cyclops or Jean Grey I'll watch the Singer films. And so far, the Gifted cast are doing a great job.

This show has really surprised the ***k out of me. Never thought I'd enjoy it this much. So far so good.
Yes I've enjoyed it so far and it's good to know some of the really low profile characters could get a chance if this show goes on a while.

Old 10-17-2017, 04:02 PM   #449
Weather Witch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes I've enjoyed it so far and it's good to know some of the really low profile characters could get a chance if this show goes on a while.
Absolutely. This is a much better approach than taking a lot of high profile characters and ruining them because of the script and budget limitations. Plus, people can complain about Eclipse being a made for TV character, but he absolutely shines in this show.

Old 10-17-2017, 04:12 PM   #450
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

X-23 came from the Evolution cartoon and was so good she moved into both the comics and the movies. Eclipse might do the same.